Fasting for 23 hours, eating 1200 CAL

Hey Fit. Just wanted to update you guys and offer some motivation. I started working out in January, half assed it, didn't really lose much weight until I got serious in February. I went from 310-285(February-March) am now on my way to lose at least 10 pounds this month(Aiming for 15). My cardio has gone up, I can do an hour on the treadmill at near max incline with no problems, I walk often and lift heavy. There's still some fat around my waist and gut, but overall I am slimming down fast and my muscles are coming back in from my year off nicely.

The biggest reason for my weight loss has been IF mixed with Keto. At first I was very scared and kept thinking of jumping off of IF. Then I realized that after about two weeks, my body had adapted and it became much easier. Before I gave myself 8 hours to eat(16/8) because I liked eating. But in reducing my calories to reach my goal faster, I realized that in fact; eating takes 20 minuts max anyway even with a big meal. Today I found myself realizing that not only do I eat once a day for the past week, but that I eat about 1000-1200 calories only and feel incredibly satiated. Now I do get hunger pangs, but they're very slight these days and upping the protein has helped a lot. In fact I have a hard time finishing most of my meals because of the fat/meat and veggies.

Point is this. I aim to be 240 by the end of June. I used to be in great shape and am pissed at myself for letting myself go(Girls are gains goblins bros!) but more importantly than losing the weight and looking better, I find that I now appreciate myself more again and appreciate food greatly.

Count your calories! Eat clean! Lift weights! Buy a food scale!(Not even necessary but helps). If you really want to make it in this life, you can. Not with anything outside of yourself, but in you? You can. Don't chase girls/guys, seek approval from others, or throw away what you have to fit in. Everyone's opinion of you isn't the only opinion. You have one too.

Other urls found in this thread:

leanhigh.com/weight-loss/diet-reviews/fasting-for-weight-loss-how-much-muscle-will-you-lose
youtube.com/watch?v=uNzZod_d18A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

didnt read any of that crap you wrote

kys

Well then fuck you get out of my thread you PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT I CAME HERE FOR MOTIVATION NOT TO BE FUCKING BULLIED BY YOU ASSHOLES RUCK ALL OF YOU

Here's some motivation:
leanhigh.com/weight-loss/diet-reviews/fasting-for-weight-loss-how-much-muscle-will-you-lose
In case you didn't read this article. The guy points to a study too, but interprets the results badly. He says most of the weight lost is water "which will come back", but he forgets we are 70% water. If you lose x grams of tissue, ~70% should be water, ~30% should be proteins and fats.
The correct conclusion is this: while starving you lose a lot of fat quickly and lose more muscle compared to dieting BUT the numbers aren't that high. It's worth losing 20kg(44lbs) in 1 month + 1.3 kg muscle than to waste your time 3 months on a cut and still lose 0.7kg of muscle.
Tl;dr if you don't eat you lose weight faster, but you keep more of your muscle than you realize.

Props. IF is great. 16/8 is just fine though. I did IF from April to July last year at 3000 calories and I was at my biggest and leanest state, making gains while still staying lean.

>inb4 someone posts those retarded Jason Dong youtube videos, that guy clearly doesn't understand physiology.
I'm a med student btw.

OP here. I've been listening to a lot of Dr. Fung's work and unless I'm mistaken, the insulin response and targeting of adipose tissue is primarily what I'm doing it for. I think a big part of weight loss is mental and how you view the extra fat on your body. Considering it as "extra energy" your body can pull from, rather than it being just "fat" changes how you workout/eat completely. I don't feel "tired" anymore really, it's quite nice.

He's retarded.
You waste more muscle while fasting because you need protein to repair damaged tissue. Read this post It should make clear the pros and cons of traditional cutting, keto diet and fasting.

That post literally says you lose more fat with less muscle loss than long term calorie restriction.

Short fasts are fine. You are a "med student" so your opinion is "garbage".

>Dr. Fung's
i like fung too , but have you watched some rhonda patrick ?or ray cronise ?youtube.com/watch?v=uNzZod_d18A

I just told you HOW much muscle you lose compared to the time it takes to lose the fat.
You lose fat FAST you lose SOME muscle, not too much. So you can go back to bulking faster and gain more muscle. Geez you people are stupid.
The difference between starving yourself and cutting is about 0.7kg of muscle, but the time it takes to fast is 3 times shorter.

STOP SHILLING THIS FUCKING FRAUD CHINK JASON FUNG GET THE FUCK OUT WITH YOUR ANORECTIC SHIT JUST EXERCISE AND EAT AT A DEFICIT YOU STUPID FAT USELESS PIECE OF SHIT

the study you are citing is fucking trash and totally useless for anyone who isn't a fucking sedentary butterball, tracking muscle loss in people who don't exercise and are OBESE is a useless metric.

the study was literally on obese people, who don't exercise.

No, I haven't. But I'll check it out. Thanks!

>RUCK ALL OF YOU

Dont get so easily triggered mate.

You are doing good and can be proud of you.

Keep going, i sure your are going to make it!

>Med Student
>Opinion = garbage

true Story.

under rated post. lol'd

Same lmfao

I didn't see that.
I too am quite skeptic about this fasting thing. But am willing to educate myself for optimal weight loss. If it works i will do it.
Why waste time on a cut, when you could not eat for a while and speed things up. I will look more into it and report back with findings.

if you want to fast so you don't eat more calories on that time its fine, but you will lose muscle, i advise you to take some bcaa while fasting, at least every two hours take some bcaa so you don't fuck it up completely

>But am willing to educate myself for optimal weight loss
let me educate you then, the optimal weight loss program is to eat 500cal below maintenance, lift heavy weights and do 10 min of hardcore hiit everyday, i did that for 4 months and looked like a ufc fighter on the weight in, i was skelly as fuck and i could see all my muscle fibers, now i'm healthy again

Fuck off cunt, you fat fucking freak who the fuck would read that boring wall of text, stay fat you fucker, maybe people will still like you then

IF will make you fat its been proven, it eats your muscles and makes you fat

I already have ~18-20% bf and i was looking for a shortcut to losing weight fast then going back to eating and lifting.
My real problem is my mantits, they drive me insane.
I know that it's optimal to do a normal cut, but that takes so much time, why not lose 1.5kg of muscle and most of my fat? Get down to 10%bf then go back to bulking.

I'm still looking for a fucking shortcut... There must be a way to manipulate your body using science. What if i starve myself and use albuterol for energy and more lipolisys?

No, this is wrong.
Have you ever fasted 16/8 or 18/6?

Im on IF 18/6 for 1,5 Monsths now.
slight caloric deficit, losing gramms of fat but no Muskels. Train everyday, high weights, low reps. Is working for me with no Muskel loss

>fasting for 23 hours
mirin willpower desu senpai,post body pic
Does that mean you eat one big ass meal a day ? Doesn't it fuck with your digestive system a bit ? Like a tsunami of food after having your organs in sleep mode all day ?

any gains?

i did this for 4 months, the first two weeks are horrible and you feel like shit, on the other hand eating feels pretty awesome and 2k calories in one meal was like having a feast everyday. It worked for me, I lost 20kg two years ago and I've been able to keep them off following no particular diet

Want a shortcut?

Just eat for 2 weeks fruits and boiled eggs, just fruits and boiled eggs. Drink ONLY Water and train like a mad man. Everyday!

You will look like a new man in the end of the 2 weeks.

good thing easter is coming, i dunno what people in other places do, but in eastern europe we eat boiled eggs for easter.

I'm still researching exactly how much muscle loss i can expect from not eating. If i don't become a skellington, i'm willing to sacrifice muscle for fat loss.

I went up with weights, but i can't brag about it.
Due to better Definition of muscels i look slight bigger but noticeable. Get mired and compliments,
"you look good the Crow"
"Hey the Crow, you look bigger"

I forgot to say 5/7 days a week i go raw vegan.
Weekend i eat Kind of dirty but 1 time whole day.

If you dont eat enough doesnt your metabolism slow down and it takes ages to lose weight?

>raw began
kek, you cuck.

If you go IF 18/6 with slight caloric deficit, you will for sure NOT become a skelligtonito.
The bigger your deficit, the more fat you lose, but this is when you lose a bit of muscel too.

So much contradicting info, i fucking hate that there's no definite accepted guide to this.
Do x and y happens all the time.

I bet i can teach you 1-2 things about pick up and laying grills. Im not kidding.
If you live in south Germany, lets go out and pick up grills. No kidding

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EAT FRUITS.

YOU LITERALLY WONT LOSE WEIGHT AT ALL..

veggies as much as you want + eggs. now i can get behind that.

It's not a good idea to combine fasting with calorie restriction.

The best way to achive something is to try and expirience it yourself.
Im not a doctor or scientist, i share only what worked for me.
Do x and y will happen. Try it, you have nothing to lose!
Im not asking Money from you nor im trying to sell somthing...
Eat healthy (raw) and few, train hard... no magic

Only whats working for me mate.
Maybe fruits were giving me enough energy to Train hard every day and Vitamin to stay healthy... dont know. Worked for me.
Wish you luck

Goddamn that's a shit article.

First of all 800/day is above and beyond overkill for even the most calorie restrictive diets. Like, assuming an average sized male (TDEE ~2200-2400) who wants to cut aggressively (1kg/week), you're looking at no less than 1600-1800 intake. MAYBE 1500 at a stretch. And that's not even factoring compensating for any extra calories burned through exercise.

Second, there's no mention of macro ratios. Higher protein intake mitigates muscle loss on a caloric deficit.

Third, there's no detailed accounting of exercise. Strength training also mitigates muscle loss on a caloric deficit.

And all throughout the website he's shilling his own le epic top secret fat loss burn book.

Absolute trash.

Depends.

I go 2 days on/2 days off.

And I only do it for a week or two at a time.

Also depends on the ratio. 23/1 is borderline stupid. You reap the benefits of IF at the 16/8-18-6 mark anyway. Beyond that it really is starvation.

>pick up chicks
I bet i can teach you 1-2 things about not being a cuck. Im not kidding. If you live in Eastern Europe, lets not be cucks. No kidding.

This is what i'm going to do, i'll try to educate myself about this topic as much as i can, and when the time comes to lose the fat and retain the hard work i'll decide for myself.

Yeah, he kinda shills for his stupid book.

The best way i lost weight one year was IF(it was involuntary, i had no idea what i was doing) and swimming 1 hour daily on an empty stomach. I lost 5-7kg in a month.

FUCKING CAPTCHA.

What the fuck do you mean with cuck???
You know what the slung means?

Im by any mean a cuck.
If i have a relationship, then for a couple of weeks, till a find another qt.

What do you mean with cuck, explain.

kiss yourself

>Does OMAD
>blogposts about it

Love the motivational, OP. Thanks!
>gif related

I made a fasting general for anyone that wants to hang out. I will be monitoring all day today answering questions and more than likely debating as well. Feel free to pop in and call me a faggot.

>

>let me educate you then,
>the optimal weight loss program is to eat 500cal below maintenance

I also love to pretend to know things and act superior on anonymous circle jerk subchans.