INDISPUTABLE FITNESS FACTS

>as long as you have the proper mobility, front squats are the best squat variation cause they hit the quads the best and don't kill your posterior chain
>always offer to help rack/unrack the weight from someone else's barbell
>heavy rack pulls are a must for aesthetics
>flat bench press will never work your chest as much as dumbbells will
>chin ups are better than pull ups
>people who say that you get enough arm work with only compounds are full of shit, you need to isolate your arms if you want them to grow
>protein powder is a huge meme, eat real food
>mind-muscle connection is a real thing
>the lat pull down machine is worthless unless you're 300lbs of fat, just do negatives on chin ups until you can do real ones
>always tip the receptionist before and after you finish lifting
>if you haven't hit at least 1/2/3/4 for reps within a year of lifting then you failed horribly
>foam rolling is legit
>heavy bent over barbell rows fuck with your lower back, it's better to do chest supported rows/chin ups

anything else you wanna add Veeky Forums?

legit
unlegit

I just don't know what to believe

>>if you haven't hit at least 1/2/3/4 for reps within a year of lifting then you failed horribly

delete this now.

>all disputable

>tfw I'm a year in with 1/1.5/3/4
How do I get my bench up lads

>as long as you have the proper mobility, front squats are the best squat variation cause they hit the quads the best and don't kill your posterior chain
nope. they aren't even the best at hitting the quads because of the lower weight used and they are too limited by the uprightness of the torso required. outside of oly, front squats are useful but not objectively more useful than back squats
that's especially polite, not the standard
>heavy rack pulls are a must for aesthetics
they make for good glutes but my traps grow too fast from them and traps aren't aesthetic
debatable
probably
>people who say that you get enough arm work with only compounds are full of shit, you need to isolate your arms if you want them to grow
unabashed trash
>protein powder is a huge meme, eat real food
totally correct
>mind-muscle connection is a real thing
its just a way of saying someone is good at the form
>the lat pull down machine is worthless unless you're 300lbs of fat, just do negatives on chin ups until you can do real ones
not worthless but no substitute for chins
nice meme
>if you haven't hit at least 1/2/3/4 for reps within a year of lifting then you failed horribly
1/2/3 maybe but /4 is leaps and bounds ahead of those
>foam rolling is legit
obviously
>>heavy bent over barbell rows fuck with your lower back, it's better to do chest supported rows/chin ups
i concur

name 1 (one) thing that I said that wasnt true

They work different muscles guy.

But that's wrong. If anything, chins work more muscles than pull ups (biceps)

bench more

how did you dream this one up

>too limited by the uprightness of the torso required.
that's why I said as long as you have the proper mobility
>traps aren't aesthetic
they are one of the most aesthetic muscles wtf
>not worthless but no substitute for chins
why would you EVER use the lat pull down machine unless you're too heavy for negatives/real chin ups

I don't even know why I bothered replying to some retard who doesn't even tip the receptionist, you realize they all think you're an asshole right?

you get the same lat engagement, but more bicep work with chin ups my dude

>Any workout is better than no workout.

>Normie Fitness Facts

its not even a fact...

>If you can't run indefinitely, you are not fit
>if you can't lift at least 1/2/3/4 you aren't fit
>if you can't sprint at least 1 13-14 second 100meter you arent fit
>if you are above 14% bf you are not fit
>If you can't do calisthenics everyday and yoga or mobility every other day and be proficient at it you arent a fit person.

The most you can call yourself without these things is a lifter.

inb4 cardio kills gains, it's actually the opposite.

you're saying some dude who just started lifting will score 405 lbs deadlift in *one year* ????

I agree with foam roller.

>insane

>Wrong, front squats and back squats utilize the quads and the hips the same amount, if anything front squats use your thoracic spinal erectors more than back squats
>*if you're working in/using it next
>high pulls are objectively better if the target is traps
>your bench form sucks if you believe this
>sure
>sure
>sure
>sort of, you can make up for certain muscles being stronger by altering form slightly, and you can have some activation issues, but if your form is right your muscles are pretty much always going to be used right
>sure
>nice meme
>also true
>sure
>this is an opinion

assuming you're a normal guy with normal levels of test in your body and your diet is on point and you aren't on some brosplit routine then yes you should be able to deadlift 4pl8 within a year

Lat pull downs are pretty great for drop sets tbqh

he probably lives in the US, they tip everyone there

ITT: absolute broscience shit

>chin-ups are better than pulls
I don't get this meme
You even said you have to do arm isolations to make them grow so why would doing a chin be more valuable than doing pulls? You're just forgoing back development for more bicep work when you're already curling and doing compounds

There is *no way* to get to 405 lbs in 12 months...

Maybe, maybe 350 or close.

I had a co-worker of mine, 6' 0" 170 lbs, visit my gym with me. He could barely bench 95 lbs, ankles turned inward with 115 lbs squat, and didn't know how to deadlift until I told him to push with his legs thru the floor.

>405 ? We're not in Iran.

Put more weight on the bar

I was like your coworker, bench started at 95lbs, squat at 115 and deadlift at 135.

I deadlifted 405 lbs in 5 months. I did 445x3 in 10 months, and after ~1.5 years I pulled 515 for the first time. I started out at 6'2" and 170lbs.

If you don't bench 3 times a week don't expect results on the bench. 6x4 3 times a week is a good start.

Big pecs, big checks.

Have someone spot you
>creatine capsule in pooper (im serious)

Their EMG profiles are pretty much identical except for the increased biceps work in the chin, and chins allow you to significantly increase both intensity and volume. It's a no-brainer.

All of these except for

>Tip receptionist
What.
>1/2/3/4/ in one year = failure
Nah bruh it depends on where you start and your routine.

The sticky and everything else I've ever read has stated that the most you can expect to gain in one year of lifting is about 22lbs of muscle. And that's doing EVERYTHING perfect.

If you start at 130lbs barely able to do a 135 dead lift for a few reps I don't expect 4pl8 in a year.

iktfw

>Been "Lifting" for a year, seriously for about 1

>OHP at 85 for 10 reps
>Bench at 185 for 8 reps
>Squat at 225 for 5 reps
>DL at 275 for 5 reps with straps
>Can barely do three pullups

I wanna fucking die

Solutions:

>Do SS
>Eat more

Then maybe you're a genetic freak or had a godlike diet.

Expecting to put 10lbs onto the barbel every single week for 5 months straight is not realistic for the average person.

Its not that its impossible. I can believe it. But using that as a standard seems a bit much.

Same with 2pl8 bench too. I see plenty of people struggle with it for quite a while, but in 1 year? That's pretty fucking insane if you start at like 75 lbs at first.

One of the biggest guys at my gym used to do 2pl8 close grip for reps but he said that even when he started in HS it took him 2.5 years to get to 2pl8 bench.

I did SS at the beginning for about a year and realized it stopped working, then I started fucking around and just got back into it seriously. Is it smart to go back to SS? It woul feel weird cutting back from 6 days a week to just 3.

i only lifted for 4 months now and i'm halfway through 1/2/3/4 but fuck this fact.
if i don't reach it, doesn't mean i'm a total loser failure who needs to khm. it means i enjoy doing other sports, having an healthy social life and allowing myself to take necessary breaks.

just because lifting isn't my N°1 priority doesn't mean "I've failed horribly". you guys make it such a competition it kills the fun of it. fuck Veeky Forums.

ive been lifting for 3 and have the same ohp

mainly cuz i just started doing them. i also don't squat. keep up the good work

Clearly you are built like Sesame Street's Big Bird...

6' 2" and a 38" pants size. Tiny tiny torso with no arms and no back width.

>Archimedes doesn't lie.

It's literally just eating more trying harder and training for strength. My progress is not even that impressive by any means.

Obviously you either weren't eating enough or doing the program.

You are a typical DYEL

No seriously, why do you even bother going to the gym?

You are a failure, and you will never make it. Kys.

>same OHP
>Just started doing them

Th-this isn't as inspirational as you think it is ;-;

Fuck you faggot, at least I'm better than my fat NEET friends and fat family.

I'm gonna keep going just to spite you desu

Nah, I wear 32x33 jeans. I'm at 220lbs now, was 195 when I got 445x3 and was 205 when I got 515. It hasn't gone up too much since then, but I'm maxing next week, hoping to hit 525/325/555 for s/b/d.

Nigga you're on Veeky Forums ofc you don't think anything of repping out lmao4pl8 in 5 months because people like you tell anyone else to kill themselves for underachieving.

Most people don't even 1/2/3/4/ let alone in one year. If it was that easy more people would do it I would think.

When I first started out I had some good beginner progress in that realm, but inexperience with diet, routine, form, sleep, etc hamstrings it.

You said that you weighed 170 to begin with. How much did you weight at the end of the year?

>13-14 seconds for a hundred meter

Are you handicapped? Like molasses.

>desu

Told you

Just quit and become a trap, you can do no more

>implying I look like a woman at all
>implying I'm gonna cut my fitness journey short becasue some faggot on a vietnamese stone lifting forum tells me to

Wew lad

I can excuse the others but that OHP man
Dont know what you are doing wrong but I know you are doing something wrong

Even when I bench my shoulders kinda hurt, so I'm worried that I hurt my shoulders somehow and don't know it. I'm hoping that maybe it's just me being an idiot and being weak at OHP, but I'm pretty worried about it.

I started lifting in october 2016. I got to a lmao 2pl8 diddly fairly fast. Then I got major back problems, insomnia, sciatica, the works. Could be a bulging disc or basically anything. MRI's are fucking expensive and they basically do them only when surgery has been confirmed. Basically I omitted squats and diddlies for a whole two months. Couldn't even do bent over rows, nor hack squats or leg press.
When I started feeling better in february I picked up squats and and diddlies again, did a major form fix for squats (I learned that low bar medium-wide stance was not optimal for all people, and for me narrow-stance high bar was way way easier to maneuver) and I started going at it again, simple stuff. Now I am at 3pl8 diddly.

i didn't mean that you can't hit proper depth. i mean that you are limited by the thoracic and core strength required to do this which introduces another link in the chain which, if it fails, is going to cut your set short before your set is done. high bar squats without shit form are better because of the higher poundages used, as wel as safety bar squats, belt squats or even leg presses is quad size and strength is what you want. fronts are very useful but saying that they're indisputably the best squat variation is stupid

massive traps look like shit, its a bodybuilding meme like massive quads and lats

you might use a pulldown for high rep sets with little rest or for supersets if you're doing some pump shit with cables or whatever after a strength workout. not entirely useless but by no means necessary.

alright you got me
I was wrong

still disagree about traps looking like shit though
theyre what makes you look Veeky Forums as fuck in shirts similar to forearms

cool i just think modern bodybuilding trends look arbitrary and retarded. the grossly enlarged legs, the massive traps and lats, it looks weird. i'm all for getting massive, but tasteful massive is GOAT.

i get that traps display a physique that is powerful, it;s not often someone with huge traps can't DL a shit ton of weight, but its something i've just always found unaesthetic. plus, big traps make your shoulders look narrower, and being a guy without the widest shoulders i need to keep my traps in incognito mode

Ultimate red-pilled exercise variations
SSB squat, paused.
Deficit deadlift
Weighted chinup
Dumbbell 30 degrees incline press, head off bench
Z press
Straight arm lat pullover

what do you find god about deficit DLs? was thinking of incorporating them into my routine

also what's the reason for your head being off the bench for those IPs?

>he doesnt know that t.bh is filtered

You can leave.

Ultimate red-pilled exercise variations:

paused close grip bench press
snatch grip rack pulls
ATG paused high bars
paused spoto bench
weighted chins

Not trolling, but if you lift for a year (6 months even) and you aren't hitting those numbers you need to reevaluate what you're doing. None of those are even remotely difficult to attain if you are consistently training.

If you only do front squats, you are a fuccboi. End of story.

You do it because you fear back squatting and tell yourself front squats are a viable replacement.

Front squats are good, but they are not a replacement for back squats so stop telling yourself and others that they are. Fuccboi.

Depends.

You might be shrugging at the top position of your OHP (which you shouldn't do).
You might be using too wide of a grip
You might be moving the weight too far back at top position

Or you might be locking out too high on bench
Or you might be using a bad grip
Or you might by lowering the weight across your shoulders instead of your sternum.

There's a million reasons why it could happen.

>Pullovers

I fucking hate you people taking up bench for such a garbage exercise. Stick with weighted chin ups/pullups/rows or pulldowns.

Pullovers are fucking terrible and I've never seen them be of any use compared to other exercises.

>You might be shrugging at the top position of your OHP (which you shouldn't do).
no no no no no

always shrug. shrugging is absolutely essential for stability and health of the shoulder girde at the top of the rep.

literally no strength coach will ever advise against shrugging at the top

Forgive me if I'm really stupid when I ask this, but it's referring to 4pl8 deadlift, as in 4 plates on each side? Doesn't 360lb+bar deadlift seem like it might be a little hard to attain from beginner to 6 months?

yes, it does. Veeky Forums is full of e-statters. its likely that maybe 5% of Veeky Forums can actually do that. don't take it too seriously.

The guy is full of shit and probably doesn't even deadlift 4pl8 himself.

Probably one of the typical beginners who thinks his linear progress will keep going for months.

Don't listen to ANYONE who says how long anything should take unless they can prove they achieved what they claim.

Everyone is different, starts from different levels and has to have different diets as a beginner, many of which are not conducive to making super fast strength gains (when dieting for fat loss) and can mean getting to 1/2/3/4 kind of level can take a year or more.

Don't take it the wrong way, that's ideal. But just because it's incredibly hard to get there doesn't mean you should slack and not try for it.

We can all make it, all you have to do is try.

No one does tips a damn gym receptionist in the US.

I think 1/2/3/4 is achievable in 1 year or 1.5 years if its just singles.

That seems ok assuming you're training continuously without lapse in diet or breaks.And assuming you're starting from like 130 lbs

its a great goal but achieving it in 6 months? not so sure about that. sure its possible but barely anyoe is going to get that due to life outside the gym and genetics. that's by far the hardest to achieve out of 1/2/3/4 and will probably demand a pretty heavy bulk to do.

1/2/3/4 is easily achievable during linear progression as long as you are 5'6 or taller, and are willing to eat at a surplus.

Did you achieve it in that time?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that hypotheticals mean nothing because everyone is different.

Cool, did you do it in linear progression?

In 6 months, yeah it's difficult, probably impossible for most people. But if you say that, then people won't push themselves as hard because "That one guy said it was impossible."

I guess my point is even if you can't get 4pl8 in 6 months, it's good to have some sort of goal and deadline, even if it's an impossible deadline, because you'll work harder to get as close as you can.

>heavy bb rows fuck with your lower back

thats because 90% of people use shit form and jerk their back to get the weight up.
If you use strict form and pull your elbows back while keeping your spine neutral and back still then it is an excellent compound for your back.

I understand even the bar is too much weight for you, begin with the women's bar or even an ez bar.

Yeah, I'm , took me 4 months for the squat, 5 months for deadlift and press and 9 months for bench. My form on bench was absolutely terrible for a long time which made my progress fucked for a long time, but I've got over a 3pl8 bench now.

>this tfw when I actually got some nice responses instead of a crucifixion
thanks for the advice you nigs. I'm on the way, currently at 2pl8+abit DL. Been at it a few months, but I'm really focusing on weight loss so not eating at a surplus.

absolutely right.

I did SS back when i began and my goal was to run out my LP without getting fat. worked up to a 352 squat. i probably could have got there faster if i had set myself a timed deadline.

As long as you are making progress, thats all that matters. Be that losing fat or gaining strength.

People here often act like taking a few extra months to achieve whatever they say is reasonable is some kind of massive failure.

Lifting should be something you are doing for the rest of your able life. So the difference between taking 12 months to reach a milestone and taking 18 or even 24 months, is not significant. All that matters is that you continue to progress in some way or other.

It's a myth that front squats hit the quads more

0/10

He's right though.

If I already do high bar squats, do front squats provide any benefit? Been thinking about incorporating them but my wrist flexibility makes it hard to hold the bar in place.

Traps are not aesthetic at all. Too many guys have over developed traps and they look like retarded ex cons. No one should aim to look like an intimidating meathead.

Traps are not necessarily important to look like a greek statue which is the goal of aesthetics

It's just something different, and overall a lighter load and therefore easier to recover from. Your quads and hips are going to still be maximally challenged during a max effort front squat, as they would be with a max effort back squat. The only difference is high intensity front squats use your thoracic spinal erectors more than high intensity back squats.

To train for higher weight you have to first overload your cns wit the higher weight and let your body adjust. If all you do is comfortable and easily executed weights they won't ever go up. You have to drop your reps and increase the weight being thrown around to see increases. It doesn't matter if you slapped 10 lbs on and need to do 3 instead of 5. You will adjust and get better.

They put meat onto bone especially if you have long hands like I do. As much as I like to diddlymog people in my gym I have to put my ego aside to actually get better. Head off bench press is a self-correcting measure for better biomechanics. It makes you bench better without putting thought into it.
These are solid
Nah nigga you do them at the cable for constant tension. Doing pullovers on a bench is dumb because you rely on the stretch reflex to initiate the lift and the resistance curve is a steep slope so the rest of the lift doesn't do anything. I mean in theory that would be a great way to increase partial strength because you get most of the lift 'for free' but in reality it just fucks you up. High cable set up with a deep camber bar or rope handles is the shit. And pullovers are fucking legit.

>normie
>front squatting ever

kek

he has big traps just good posture and is doing a pose that makes them look smaller

how are chin ups better than pull ups?

>lifting for a year for a 135 lb quarter squat

Nigga, if you can't walk into the gym on day 1 and do that, I just don't even fucking know

lat activation is about the same but more bicep is involved. since more muscles are involved more signficantly, you can do more reps/heavier weights making them ideal for strength or mass gains.

a select few people find pull ups easier but that's usually because of weak arms and/or bad form in one or both of the for whatever reason

Man I got up to 180lb squat several times and keep having to deload at that weight. This time I dropped all the way to 135. Can't tell if it was a off day or I am getting weaker. Gonna start adding some calories to this cut to try and narrow deficit

In my opinion, and I'm saying that from the perspective of someone who doesn't do much of either, I think it's because the muscle groups used in chin ups are utilized to a much higher degree than the muscle groups in pull ups. Yes, pull ups hit more muscles, but the muscles used aren't used as hard as the fewer muscles hit by chin ups. Plainly out, if you're going to lift for specific muscles, do the lift that does it better. Use the lat pull down machine for lats if you want more targeted use of the lats, and do bicep curls or chin ups for arms in that context.

If you want your squat to go up, eat more. If you can't even squat 180 very well, I'd recommend forgetting about a cut for now and just focus on clean bulking and getting the weight on the bar up. Good luck.

>prime Zane
>No traps
As if.

>
>Ultimate red-pilled exercise variations:
>paused close grip bench press
close grips is a meme
>snatch grip rack pulls
ok
>ATG paused high bars
retarded. if you are going to to paused atg your are literally just sitting in the hole and not working on anything. paused parallel sure.
>paused spoto bench
ok
>weighted chins
ok

I eat at maintenance and i'm still making strength gains, albiet slow gains after lifting for 2.5 years natty. Never done a bulk-cut cycle before.

My stats
Front squat: 255 for reps (BS is a meme)
Diddly: 415x1 (Mostly do Rdls)
Ohp: 140 for reps (Was able to rep 155 sometime in the past)
Bench: 185 for reps
Chin up: +60lbs for reps
Power Clean: 215x1

I'm 6'2", 185 lbs with a sub 6 minute mile time and sub 12 second 100m dash last time I tested.

you're not going to be increasing it much on a cut especially if there's room to add more calories.

maybe its a programming or form issue in conjunction with the deficit

They look fucking tiny here too. Zane didn't even isolate traps soooo