High bar squat form check

Hey guys, I've switched from low bar to high bar, I feel that it's a more natural movement.

I wanted to know how my form is, from what I see I need to work on my ankle dorsiflexion mobility and perhaps tighten my back a little more.

What do you guys think?
youtu.be/DfNDmd8JlPU

add more weight, don't go so low

also

>calves

Can I maintain the same bar position?

My calves really are shit :( any recommendations for training them?

calf raises

Fix the butt wink

Can I do that by increasing tension on the back muscles?

Using what rep scheme?

Dont hit such big depth with a butt wink like that

Fuck this fag. Take your time add weight slowly squat as far as you fucking can.
>get stronger this way
>not going all the way than you might as well do quarter squats
>looks way fucking better when you hit several plates at that depth instead of just breaking parallel

Generally higher reps, calves love time under tension.
Also atg squats and riding a bicycle (Get spd get fast nigga) will grow your calves, but remember that they're the hardest place to add mass

Your butt wink won't be so apparant at heavier weight, but I'd progress slowly and concentrate on the concentric motion of the squat.

Slow descent into parallel, wind yourself up like a fuckin top. I can tell you're not tight from your calves.

Once you get better at pulling yourself down into your squat, start going below parallel.

That's what I'm talking about!!

Yeah I guess I lack some overall body tension. Thanks!

Brace harder, then harder still. Tighten that upper back as well, everything should be immovable as a rock.

Slight forward lean and going too low leading to but blink.

If you maintain the same form all the way through your back shouldn't bend that way at the bottom ideally.

Its not a big deal, but it could make a difference at higher weights.

>Your butt wink won't be so apparant at heavier weight
this is what people who have never squatted heavy actually believe

what people new to squatting need to understand is that while it is definitely generally a good idea to squat low, it instantly makes the whole squat worse than a shallower one when it introduces buttwink. And if it just occurs at lower weight, that just means that your form is shite.

If you look at the video you can actually SEE where the buttwink is coming from. It's not a bracing issue, it's just shit mobility. You start with a hyperextended lower back, go through neutral when going down and end at rounded in the hole. I'd recommend squatting just below neutral but with a constantly neutral lower back.

how can people squat not in a full cage? I would feel so unsafe

If I have to bail I just drop the weight quickly and leap forward. It's not as scary as it seems

I can see this.
That's right. If your ass doesn't touch your heels kys.
You should be no more than a fist height off the ground at full rom

OP here, that's the main reason I switched from low bar, I didn't want to cut myself in half in case I failed, there's no cage in this bumfuck town. The fear of dying really increases strength though