What crypto exchange does everyone use? are some better or worse for btc/altcoin, beginners/experts?

what crypto exchange does everyone use? are some better or worse for btc/altcoin, beginners/experts?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.exodus.io/article/96-exodus-wallet-roadmap
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gemini if you're from wall street
coinbase if you're impatient and want to get taxed to death
gdax if you're libertarian
etherdelta if you're a shitcoiner
kraken if you're from western europe
binance if you want to eventually lose money

what about bittrex? doesnt coinbase not even have altcoins? and paying either 3% to use a cc, or wait 5 days to use a bank seems like two shitty options

europe -> bitfinex

Fucking this!
It doesn't have alot of shitcoins but the interface is super powerful.

Poloniex
I want margin and lending

Bittrex and Binance, fuck the rest

A lot. So far I've used gemini, polo, bittrex, ED, coinexchange, cryptopia, coss, hitbtc. Chasing Veeky Forums's shitcoins is exhausting, but it makes money.

where do u guys all lurk for picz of cute semen demons?

I always end up saving them from here so I kinda FOMO

>bittrex
Sure if you like having your funds held hostage for your personal information

You gotta start following them in middle school and try to get in before they're pumped.

So you just give all of your personal info to as many companies as possible because you have FOMO that some obscure coin not listed on one exchange might moon?

what do you mean

They allow you to make an account and deposit as much as you want, but to withdraw anything they demand a scan of your ID or passport plus a bunch of other info. It's not made explicit when you make an account that this is necessary. (At least it wasn't when I signed up)
I had over $3k in there.

what could be the downsides of giving them this? place gets hacked and your details leaked or what? not saying it's not a worry, genuinely curious of the risks

>needing to withdraw more than 100BTC daily
suuuuuure big boy

That or they sell your info to third parties, which I wouldn't put past these scumbag exchanges.
>100BTC
No. The limit is like 0.1BTC for unverified accounts now. If you try to withdraw more it takes you to that page.

Lower actually like .01btc

oh you're right, I just checked and they said the basic verification wasn't enough

oh well but who would want to buy a shitty selfie of me?

I just verified an account with bittrex this morning. Driver's license and a selfie.
You don't seriously think your personal info isn't taken just buy having a smartphone and an internet connection do you?
Give them what they wants and make some money.

Some people don't mind their info being out there. I do. Home addresses and phone numbers are bought and sold all the time.
Plus It's the principle of it. I take it as a pretty giant middle finger being extorted for my info.

>coinbase if you're impatient and want to get taxed to death
>gdax if you're libertarian
These are the same thing you goof. Coinbase owns GDAX and if you want to use coinbase you can transfer some money to your account there and send it to GDAX fast and free to trade there without the coinbase fees.

If it were already out there they wouldn't need to ask for it.
I'm not ok with any business holding my money hostage to make me do anything. It's extortion.

so if i dont mind about my info, bittrex is a good bet? im a beginner who wants to do btc and some alts with low fees. selection on coinbase seems bad

How was it extortion? Before I even put money into it it was saying I can't withdraw without verifying. If you out money in there without paying attention to the home page it's more your fault for being a dummy than they're trying to extort from you.

I'm in the same position and did some research. Bittrex seems a good first stop for alts. Coinbase is good first stop for btc. Make accounts on both, but buy btc on GDAX because you can use your coinbase login for GDAX.

The taxman idiot

They didn't have that warning when I made an account back in May/June. And there was only a 100BTC daily withdraw limit, only email verification required.

This. If they weren't ready to cough up your IP address whenever google/CIA wants they wouldn't be in business in the USA, let alone in the state that grew Microsoft. There's no hiding.

I feel ya bro, I went to get a haircut at greatclips because my normal barber was out sick, motherfuckers wanted to start an account for me with all my personal info. The girl asked me my last name and I said you guys don't need that, I just need a haircut. Kinda harshed the vibe in the room but I didn't care. I knew my hair would look stupid either way. I miss my barber.

>Government will buy a picture of me with my government issued ID card
genius logic

word

Ah. Ok. They must have upped their info mining recently then. I didn't get to see much of the site without verifying first because of their bright orange notification box about the verify or kiss your money goodbye.

Pretty much. The risk is outweighed by the potential benefits. And the smaller exchanges and shitcoin exchanges don't require much personal info anyway; a name and email address are all that's needed in some cases.

Yeah I guarantee they would have had your info on a list that they distribute for cash. I know grocery stores do it too with their phone number collection. Some people don't mind it, it's only for marketing purposes, but it still annoys me so I avoid that stuff.
I do blame myself too for being lazy and keeping money on the exchange after many warnings by youtubers and other anons to do exactly not that. It was only going to be for a few months. Learned my lesson.

>I do blame myself too for being lazy and keeping money on the exchange after many warnings by youtubers and other anons to do exactly not that.
I'm going the same route after so much reading about it anyway. Having a paper wallet looks like such a pain the ass I'm just keeping money on exchanges until I have enough to feel justified in getting a ledger nano. Really hope I don't get burned, but I don't know what else to do about the hassles of having different coins all needing different wallets. It's a pain.

I feel ya user.
Exodus is doing a great job of solving that problem, they have a bunch of coins on their planned support list too.
support.exodus.io/article/96-exodus-wallet-roadmap

What country is she from?

goergia i think, maybe azjerbaijan

Is there any way of not paying any fees for transactions?