Fit Careers

What do you guys do for a living?
Does your job make it hard for you to make gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/askreddit/comments/2jex7k/_/clb4vox?context=1000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing, I'm a NEET.

upcoming trader

>upcoming

So nothing right now

external auditor working in big4

Electrician
Not able to eat lunch some days, but still increase in gains

software dev intern
It's great, lots of free time and money

Currently living the miserable neet life

>personal trainer
>physical therapist
>work every client to a 1-2x/month basis so I end up writing programs
>have so many at the moment I need to hire someone to help
>funds a cushy lifestyle, really healthy and funds me competing in powerlifting

Which? Tryna get down that route. PwC won't sniff at me but EY seems legit

Med student. Planning on getting into orthopaedics later literally not to spend all day sitting.

Youth worker, gym is in the same building as my job. When I have not much on I skip admin and go lift.

Mortgage loan officer.

Have round shoulder and forward head.

Sucks

General Manager for shipping. Clocking 60 - 70 hour weeks but I still get to the gym every other day. Well worth the 100k with only a high school diploma not to mention I get to talk shit to my boss without repercussions and get to tell people to fuck off on a daily basis

Where? How soon did you apply? Are you still in school? How many other places did you apply to?

Lewis?

How did you guys know whaat you wanted to do in life?

I'm 23 years old and I feel like shit. I'm probably going to get kicked out this year. I'm not doing well in any of my classes and I just don't like my major. I've been in school for 5 years and I'm still a fucking junior. I hate my life so much.

I've been applying for a lot of desk positions and office jobs. Idk maybe I can work my way up or something. I really hope I can get a good job. I'm terrible at interviews, so trying to get a real job scares me. I've been reading blog and watching videos on how to do well in interviews, but fuck man I'm still pretty nervous. I've also been studying for IT certs. It will make me look a lot more well rounded......I hope.

I am I have had problems with anxiety and depression. Social anxiety too. Honestly my best advice is volunteer. Try things out. Just a day a week, but keep at it and see if you stick/start to love a job.

>Bartender
>Constantly moving for 6-9 hours
>Stack kegs of Augustiner (30-50L = 30-50KG) up to 3 kegs high
>functional deadlift/OHP
>dangerous and highly illegal

All in all I burn a fuckton of calories and shifting roughly 20 kegs a night is definitely becoming easier by the week. Bar work at a busy place is gains friendly as fuck.

Pharmacy student. Not a lot of free time right now, but at least when I get the diploma I'll be good. And I'll stand all day.

Pilot, USAF

Pilot life is GOAT for gains. They pay you to work out, the gyms are usually ridiculously nice and well stocked, and lifting culture is big among the flying community so gym bros are easy to come by.

for summer internships you should apply during winter break.

yeah, still in school, I go to uni in the EU.

applied to most known tech companies, probably spammed a bit much.

current internship is at fintech company in NY. Was there for 13 weeks, this is my last one sadly.

Operations and project management for a large printing company.
I make good money, I work consistent hours, and I have periods where it's stressful as fuck.
So it helps with working out. Only downside is I travel a lot to finesse projects and clients or manage production rushes at other facilities.

How hard it is to get in? Is 23 too old?

Just choose something and do it and you'll have so many more options. Most shit just requires you graduated and then you good nigga

I work on an exotic animal ranch. I sling 100lb bales of hay and 50lb bags of pellet all day. I work out to make my day at work not as stressful as a dyel. Also helps with manual restraint of animals.

I actually do what Edward Norton's character does, I'm an auto adjuster for a major insurance company

Piano Teacher

Pros:
Good money, good hours, and 'alternaive' girls get wet when I tell them

Cons:
I hate kids and 70% of my pupils are 10 or under

I'm switching to IT this Summer

Nope. You need to be 29 by the time you commission, so if you go to a 4 year college you'll be just fine, unless you already have your Bachelor's.

Software engineer

I sit a lot but my hours are great so I can go to the gym plenty. There's even one at my office but I never user it.

Do you also fight with yourself?

I'm the front end manager for a very understaffed store so I have to take care of the floor for most of the day. I work close to 9 hours a day and am on my feet for 8 of those and am walking probably 7.5 hours. I don't know if that's really Veeky Forums but it sure has done wonders for my calves and weight reduction. Also, when I first started, it seriously killed my knees and back to be standing for that long. Now I can do it no problem.

My old job took a toll on my gains. Lost 7lbs in a month. I worked in a hardware btw.

Architecture student aka up and coming neet for life

CS student. Supposed to be getting an internship but bricking it.
Spend more time thinking about how shit my posture is than computers.

autopsy assistant at a forensics institute.
i cup open corpses using scalpels, open up skulls with a bonesaw, and close up the body after the doctors are done examining everything.

doesnt really interfere with gains most of the time. sometimes we get very rotten corpses and the smell makes you not want to eat anything for the rest of the day.

I didn't know what I wanted to do for a long time. My parents always told me I had to work hard in school, get scholarships, and go to college so I can become a doctor or a scientist. I spent a lot of my youth doing that but never really finding what I was interested in. I never felt the drive to be a scientist, I never felt the call of being a doctor. In high school, I decided to go to the gym despite my parents warning me my whole life that muscle turns to fat and that I didn't need to be a big fat meathead to look good. I found out that I really loved working out and being fit. That was also around the time my political views really started to solidify into something more powerful. My country and my body are two of the most important things to me, so it was at the end of senior year that I knew what I had to do with myself. I would give my body to my country and join the military. Purpose has found me.

How's your experience with lifting during busy season? is a good routine feasible or should I just focus on maintaining a good diet and squeezing in a day or two when possible and then making gains during off season.

Civil engineering intern and full-time student. Not looking forward to graduating, as i'll be in a chair at least 8 hours a weekday doing design

Army. Gainz are encouraged, lol.

retail product field rep. its amazing for making gains. I set my own schedule every month, light duty work, pays the bills. I schedule my job around my gains, whether it's in the gym, or in the library, or resting in the park getting them relaxation gains. My job is second to my lifestyle and just there to support it. It's awesome.

Anyone here ever worked as a recruiter? I got a call from one of them the other day asking if I wanted to join their team.

Is it pretty much a sales job where I have to cold call people all day asking them to join the firm?

How's the $200 in your Robinhood account coming along?

Warehouse associate at age 23. Took to much Adderall in college that it lead me to bipolar disorder, had to drop out. At least I get decent benefits at this job.

Pretty much I'm the family failure. All my cousins and siblings were more successful than me at age 23. Have aunts calling my mom and saying "but user can do so much better than that".
When you're stupid and like to make bad impulsive decisions bad things are going to happen to you eventually. I'm a "very nice man", its unfortunate that this happened to me...my therapist says my emotional intelligence is very high and emotional intelligence is the key to success.

My penis is 7.7 inches but the medications give me the charisma of a snail.

Can't even get a tinder whore to suck my dick.

I'm still a student, at 22yo. What scares me is that if I start my carreer I won't have this much time to dedicate myself to lifting

man my friend is a roofer, he doesn't lift. but let me tell you something, he has a nice back and nice legs and a good core just from roofing, and makes a ton of money. if he literally did 100 pushups every day he'd have a perfect body

How'd you get to be a pilot? Did you do ROTC?

I'm interested in enlisting. Just got my bachelors in engineering last year and am currently working for a big defense contractor on a USAF related project. I really like the job it's just super sedentary.

>Cyber security student.
Looking for a summer internship, but nothing so far.

construction worker. good for gains

Yup, I did ROTC, also an engineering degree. Since you already have your degree I suggest you go try out for OTS.

underrated roast

you don't even know how hard is that job dude, it's fucking horrible

maybe if you're a bitch..

I'm a ludicrously high paid office clerk. My shift ends at 3:30, so plenty of gym time. I'm pretty happy.

Which industry do you work in?
Whats the pay like and what did you have to study to get the job?

I want to become Veeky Forums for years I've thought about joining Air Force but due to mr pepe in office I'm somewhat regretting the idea of joining. The only other option I might have would be to become a tattoo artist. How fucked am I?

stop playing hard dude, every manual job is hard as fuck even if you're used to it, it wears you down.

you don't have to be a bitch to acknowledge things, done a lot of jobs over the course of my life

Forest Ranger. A lot of driving, but also a lot of walking & carrying equipment through forests and clearcuts. Not everyday is kilometres on end, but I've appreciated a job that keeps me standing on the easiest days, and exhausts me after 10km of walking on the hardest. Not very stable & not the highest paying, but there is something to be said for not being mentally exhausted at the end of your day, good for motivation for the gym.

Firefighter. Awesome for gains whether they be lifting, cardio or a combo. We eat like hippos and have gyms in every station plus enough time off to do whatever outside of work.

Private equity. Hours are absolute shit (8am-9pm on good days), but money is good and they pay for my membership at Equinox. Whenever I have a block of 45 minutes free I'll sneak out of the office for a gym sesh.

Decent tattooist make a tonne of money man. I wish I had the skills to become one. i pay my artist more than I pay my physio and see the tattooist a fucktonne more.

"Crate technician" at an Animal Hospital & pet resort.

I'm studying to be a chef. Not that I'd be able to make good money on making Veeky Forums-tier food at a restaurant...

Im in army training for a commission, which actually makes consolidating gain pretty difficult. Every two or three months I will go on a three or four week excercise where I will lose 5 kilos. Come back shredded with god tier cardio and functional strength but all my lifts go down 15%.

Waitress at a fucking steak n shake

Work in a metal shop

12/hour 40 hours a week
Going to private trade school in about a year. Trades are solid in Canada.

I teach swordfighting.

ama

Military. Dont wanna get too specific, field communications.

I work for an electricity company. 70k/year, I didn't study shit. I just joined a union and was willing to move where the money was.

You get good tips?

Lucky

Starting in corporate BIGLAW this July

Goodbye, gains! I'll never forget you.

Like, fencing training for olympians? Or swordfighting lessons for actors? Or one of those places that teaches fedora LARPers?

Change meds dude

I start law school in the fall, trying to be where you are in 3 years

Gf is finishing up her masters in Finance then starting with one of the big 4 in external auditing

I'm doing outside sales in the industrial sector. On the road alot, but doesn't affect morning workouts really. I eat so much chipotle its not funny.

Supply tech in the armed forces

Make good money and can retire when I'm 42
Thank god I didn't go to law school

Hey you may find this useful: reddit.com/r/askreddit/comments/2jex7k/_/clb4vox?context=1000

Systems Architect for a non-profit. Easy money, lots of holidays and vacation time, 9-5 job, no weekends and very little overtime.

I hate seeing this shit - not because you don't know what you want to do for a career, but because no one taught you how to find out.

Try the book What Color is Your Parachute, and do the exercises. It'll take about eighty hours, but by the end you'll KNOW what you're made to do.

Ophthalmic nurse

Fireman, hard physical work, where I'm at we fight am average of 2 structure fires a night, as many as 14 fires in a 24 hour period, and I only work 2 shifts a week so I hit the gym the other 5 days a week, my job helps keep me in great shape for sure, sometimes shit wears me down so I miss some pr attempts from lake of sleep and physical exertion the day before but it's cool I love my job

same as you, I have a hard time making gains as I work too many hours and with commute and all just skip the gym all together many days

I'm not sure if I'll make it to 30 before I jump off my balcony (or more likely, switch careers to something easy like consulting). But hey, at the very least, law school itself is fun, so enjoy the next three years user.

>linking a fucking reddit post

kaasplateau.com/stretches.pdf

you're welcome fellow desk bro

Marine. HE operator.

you guys do alot of greco roman wrestling in your spare time?

Accountant for a software company. Hours are ok, plenty of time to work out/study.

Hardest part is all the fucking food my coworkers bring in.

government contractor, work in the middle east 72 hours a week, but make 100k + a year and a ton of vacation days. working 12 hours a day can drain you and sometimes its a challenge to get to the gym but all the bases have gyms. pretty good for a barley passing high school.

Lumber yardman/forklift guy
Nah its easy to go to the gym after.

>7.7 inches
Do you guys, like, measure to the 16th or something?

Bouncer
Gym in the morning, get paid to stand around and act tough at night. Sometimes have to get physical. Get approached by lots of hot drunk girls. Only part that sucks is being nocturnal and never getting to go out on weekends.

Camwhore.

I only do it part time though. On the weekends I bar tend at this golf club. All the rich old guys tip me pretty well, so overall I end up making pretty good money by the end of the week.

I have to stay in good shape or else I'll probably won't get tipped well. It does get hard though because I go to school full time, so finding time to study, lift, cam and bar tend is brutal.

investment banking associate

I wasn't able to touch a weight my analyst years and it was depressing. Trying to turn a new leaf in my associate position (at a new bank). Who the fuck knows

Bank subsidized my membership for Equinox and some other clubs (in NYC, though). You must be at a megafund or something judging by those hours.

KYS

post your page and i'll stop by if you'd like

small mobile robotics. the tech is boring and the tech is shit. trying to get into big mobile robotics, since apparently the self-driving car guys are making tens of millions of dollars

smooth

ITT: business minors LARP as IB/PE

District Retail Manager
Make $100K and work about 40-50 hours a week. Build my own schedule so finding time to lift isn't too hard unless it's a busy week.