What does Veeky Forums mean to you? My story

I just wanted to tell you guys how much all of you mean to me. If your willing to listen, I wish to tell you about my story, a tale of lifts, shitty food allergies, unrequited love, and Serbian ethnic nationalism. I'm writing this in the hope that another lonely, sad user will see this and begin his own fitness journey.

>December 23, 2015

>17 years old, 5,11 and 150 pounds of pure pathetic beta.
> I was a swimmer and runner so I had good cardio but I was pathetically weak.
> I didn't have any friends at all outside of vidya friends online.
> I was pretty depressed at this point, had suicidal thoughts.
> Was a history autist but I didn't think I had a future in that, directionless.
> One day remember what I wanted to be when I was a kid.
> I wanted to be in an Army Ranger.
> The next day I discovered Veeky Forums.
> Really don't know what i'm doing but I begin to hit the gym.
> Couldn't even lift the fucking bar.
> Didn't give up, read all I could about dieting and routines, I wanted this more then anything.
> Made plenty of noob mistakes, but I fixed those and never let myself give up.
> Lifts making steady progress, always going up.
> Suicidal thoughts and depression melt away.
> The Dopamine spikes I got from lifting were slowly melting away.
> By this point, I had even begun to make friends at school.
> Their names were Owen and Noah, and though I didn't know it at the time, great things would come of this friendship.

Cont?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2SNvxYf1Xkc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sure, continue. Did you become a ranger?

Well that would spoil the plot, now wouldn't it? Writing part 2 now.

TLDNR

I'd like to hear more, put another log on the fire

> Continue on auto-pilot through the school year and summer, keep working out.
> Summer ends and senior year of High School Arrives.
> Doing the typical SAT and ACT studying, because despite telling my parents I wanted to join the army they weren't really ready to accept that.
> I'm still on auto-pilot, with some shenanigans and gaming with Noah and Owen.
> Despite being very different pretty different people, me a Conservative Orthodox Serb, Noah an Ancap Egyptian Muslim and Owen an Italian turbo-normie gf and all, we're thick as thieves and would do anything for each other.
> In October, Owens gf cheats on him with some druggie loser and leaves him.
> We try to console him "She was an SJW whore, who cares" etc, he had loved her for two years and doesn't get over her for awhile.
> It was that month that made me realize that I was alone in the world, I had no one like Owen had.
> This lonely feeling was magnified as lifting wasn't having the dulling effect it used too.
> Trump had won but that feeling of energy subsided quickly.
> On December 16th, 2016, I met her.

You had me at Serbian Ethnic Nationalism

more

> I was bored that day and was lurking boards I didn't visit often.

> Out of shear boredom, was checking /soc/ and laughing at how all the people claiming to be women got tons of replies from guys more beta then Redditors.

> Why yes I am boring

> Shutter in disgust in remembering how a year ago I was not totally unlike those guys.

> See that they have a skype thread.

> "Huh, wonder what this is about" I thought.

> Same sort of shit, if you can imagine Tumblr and anime con with a 10 to 1 men to women ratio, you have an idea of what it was like.

> I realized I have no one to talk to, and actually consider posting.

> I figured there must be at least one historyfag or Byzantineboo to talk to.

> Make a post and forget about it, go to sleep.

> Next day I check it, and there was a message.

> "Writing to you from C O N S T A N T I N O P L E"

> laugh, thinking this person was joking and reply "Cool, a fellow Byzantinephile! Favorite Emperor?

> "Mehmed the Conquerer :D"

> Figure out both that its a she and she's actually Turkish, we banter about each other for the next two weeks or so, have a lot of laughs.

> Didn't care if they were telling the Truth or not, I just enjoyed talking to them.

> Finally feel we should have a skype call, and I press the camera button expecting an obese Turkish man or a catfish.

> Video camera comes on.

> She's cute, really cute

> We talk for 3 hours until my mom asks me to help with dinner.

> We talk almost every day, coordinate calls and chatting so that its not too late or early for the other person.

> At this point in time I only considered her a friend, my secret Veeky Forums buddy who was repilled about da Jews.

> That wasn't going to last for much longer

>orthodox serb bro
>Muslim roach QT
I better be jacking off at the end of this

> Its March, and its about the time that everyone starts talking about Prom (This will be relevant).

> College shit is also happening, but parents insisted that I should apply "Just in case you change your mind".

> Letter gradually role in from the seven schools I applied too.

> Get rejected from 5, waitlisted on 1 and accepted into one but got a 20,000 Merit scholarship.

> Not really worried, I had talked to recruiters by this point over the phone and they said they would be willing to give me an option 40 (Ranger Contract)

> Figure "No big deal, I've got my plan, i'm in good shape, i'm gonna make it through RASP and be Ranger guy".

> Go to recruiting office, recruiter asks me a bunch of questions about drugs, criminal record etc.

> I had done my research, I knew what was expected and felt I was in the clear (I never had a criminal record, did drugs or even drank, combination of religious reasons and being introverted.)

> He then asks a massive fucking bombshell.

> "Well user you look like a pretty good candidate, next question: Do you have any allergies?"

> Oh fuck, I had a formally life threatening allergy to dairy.

> Time seems to slows down as his words rattle through my head.

> I answered yes, and explained my allergy to him. Tried to tell him that its gotten alot better and its not nearly as bad.

> He nods sympathetically

> Not word for word but "While this would disqualify you from service normally, I suggest you get a RAS test and your medical records together. Your records and a doctors recommendation will be taken into account when the army docs make a decision.

> Get home

> I get out of my car and I get some news from my mom.

> "user remember the RAS test that I had you take a few weeks ago for your allergies?" We got the results back today and it was a 4/6. I didn't want to tell yo-".

> I run up to my room and slam the door.

> I wanted to fucking scream but nothing came out. I punched walls, Thinking three words.

>Why God, why?

Nigga, stop this reddit spacing just brick it up

Seriously. I was interested in your story but now I'm just growing tired of it. Write faster OP.

So the army won't accept you if you're lactose intolerant?

Sorry guys i'm not a fast thinker when it comes to wording. Should have pre-written this.

I have a life threatening peanut allergy. Can confirm you cannot join if you have one

Most people pre-write their greentexts dude.

It's an interesting story, but I was at the gym when I read your first post, had time to finish up, give my wife a massage, fuck her, take a quick shower, shitpost on /v/, and you're still not done.

Fucking what next OP I'm marginally more invested in your career prospects than some Mahmouk Turkess though

I remember reading that hairy women have a lot of testosterone which means they're way hornier than most other women.

I've always been interested in dating a hairy Indian chick like in your pic, but I'm black and most Indian chicks aren't really into that.

>Byzantinephile
Me too bro. I only play Byzantine empire in ck2 and i'm currently reading about them.

Can you recommend any good readings?

But they accept obese women kek

> Day after bombshell.
> At Lunch listening to edgy Johari music.
> Track: youtube.com/watch?v=2SNvxYf1Xkc
> Girl I knew from my calculus class touches me on the shoulder.
> "Hey user, whatya doing?"
> "Oh hey, yeah i'm just killing time, listening to some music rn, what about you?"
> She was one of the popular grills so I was confused why she was talking to me.
> "You going to Prom?"
> "I probably will, but Idk if i'm gonna have a date, probably just go because its senior year and all."
> We just chat for a few mins and she leaves
> I thought about her question that night and was trying to think about who I would take.
> Talk to Noah about it and he asks what about the Turk.
>Gets me to admit I do like her
>He comes up with a plan, he calls it "The Grand Kekaku" (He got the name from JoJo)
> Thinks I should ask her out to Prom and he'll start a indiegogo to fund the thing.
> I think its a stupid plan but he has plenty of experience with kickstarter (he has a business based around it.)
>Grand Kekaku.
>Talking to her, try to be smooth about in, build context by talking about what they do in Turkey at the end of the school year.
> Finally ask her, reveal plan.
> She says yes.
> We end the call shortly after and talk to Noah.
>Tell him it worked and he goes into plan mode, asks me if she's serious about this etc.
> I tell him it shouldn't be an issue, we have well over a month to work out the plan etc.
> Talking to her the day or two after
> Bring it up and ask if she had any questions, I raised the obvious issues and asked if she was serious.
> She said that while she did have feelings for me etc, there was no way it was gonna work.
>Brought up the obvious issues (Explaining it to both our sets of parents, distance, Being in a Muslim country) that I had blindly ignored.
> Admit she was right and I said I needed to get some air.
> Don't talk to her for three days, and coincidentally it rains for those three days.

last part I promise, char limits

Fuck man, they might, but I tell you hwhat I ain't ever seen more virulent racism than how Indian people act about Black people, I straight up had to walk away from a Bengali girl at a societies fair because someway through our conversation she started talking about how much she didn't trust black people and most black people would try to mug you

The Alexiad by Anna Komnenos, its a first hand account of Alexios Komnenos and his 37 year long rule.

Its not really lactose intolerance, used to be hives, throat swelling, increased heart rate etc.

I already knew that work, but i was looking for something a bit more generic to start. To my understanding is that Gibbon work is magnum opus but seriously outdated. I am reading Norwich work now.

Can you give any other recommendation?

That's exactly my point. I hate to stereotype them, but most of them look down on black people and believe the worst about us. Probably has to do with the fact that they mainly open up corner stores in the hood and get robbed by thugs.

I figure why waste my time trying to hook up with an Indian chick when I know she probably thinks I'm going to rob her as soon as I approach her.

Same thing with Asians. They're even more racist than Indians and White people towards Black people.

It would appear then that what you really need to find is some angst-ridden middle class one that desperately wants to piss her Persian mommy and daddy off by riding your BBC

You simultaneously get to enact the most of righteous of hatefucks for the continued oppression of your people when you pump and dump her

Lol at my skinny white ass fully suggesting race war through sexual conquest but fuck it, I'd be aggravated if I was in your shoes

Lol, good advice dude. I have a friend who's into white girls and specifically targets the ones who want to piss their parents off (I live in the South, so it's pretty easy).

I tried the same tactic with Asian girls, but could never find one that would fuck me to piss their parents off. All 3 said they WOULDN'T fuck me because it'd upset their families.

I've never seen any cute Indian chicks around here though. The closest I came was a chick who was half Egyptian, half Russian. Didn't fuck her because I was beta as fuck during that period in my life. One of my biggest regrets...

That sucks dick, user. When I went through RIP it was just a month of smoke sessions, >hold your rucks over your heads until someone quits, getting into a deuce and driving around to find out we're back at Cole Range, or subtle shit like "you don't have to be a Ranger to be a good American blah blah blah." Heard guys actually learn shit there for the 2nd month, and you can get peered out. You need those lower back gains for all that rucking though. Indoc only gauges if you can make it in Batt, so you're probably gonna get smoked by a tabbed E4 until you go to Ranger School. Out of the guys that came in with me, like 3 or 4 were left after a year. Good thing is that we had a 99.X% success rate at School compared to the 40% av.

Anyway, this doesn't have to be the end, user. This is the Internet, someone can help you out with the allergy thing and getting into the military. I don't know shit about that though. There was a guy who got his leg blown off and stayed in, so don't give up, you can make it. Fuck anyone who doesn't support you, they don't get it. You'll have great friends, and there'll be plenty of them. Guys that would jump onto your body and return fire while patching you up down range and drop everything as civvys to help you out, no questions asked.

The Finale.

> I log into Skype.
> She's left a few messages begging me to understand, explaining whats going on, that she didn't want to hurt me.
> We talk back and forth, I told her I would have rather have her tell me the truth from the beginning and that it would have been easier to take if she had been honest.
> She said she feels bad and that she did care about me.
> I told her that if things were going to work out then I thought we shouldn't talk anymore
> In my mind it was a "Rather be first in village in Gaul then second in Rome" thing.
>Of course I was thinking with my pride and wasn't thinking logically, I un-added her and thought that was that.
> Of course now I feel like an asshole and I don't know if I made the right choice.

I know its a meme to say that she wasn't like the other girls Veeky Forums, but she wasn't like the other girls. I don't know what i'm going to do or how this crazy ride is gonna end but I do know this: You bastards have been with me since the beginning, though good times and bad. All of you, even the Brap posters are my brothers, and I don't know where I would be without you.

I'll leave you user's with a quote that I've remembered throughout my time here, that I recite whenever I hit a block in the road.

"You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it? I'm sure you'll overcome this. You'll walk again."

John Haldon has written a few good books about the Macedonian period, check out "Sowing the Dragons teeth" and "Byzantine Wars".

Veeky Forums is awesome. I've been on here for a month and I've already lost 10 lbs. It's really hard to lose weight in the USA. I feel like everyone around me is okay with looking mediocre and being fat has been accepted as the norm. Everyone used to tell me that I was okay and I was just a little thicc but clearly I was chubby. Even I knew it but for some reason everyone said I was fine so I figured I was. Veeky Forums essentially knocked some sense into me and I realized that I could be so much hotter if I just lost some weight so I started counting my calories and eating less. I also drink a shit ton of water now and feel full all the time. I have begun taking cardio more seriously and run a mile before my workout. I do another 5 min high intensity cardio after my workout which feels good because it's short. I actually feel sad when I don't go to the gym because of school/work but I still go like 4-5x times on average. I'm going to continue running for another 3 weeks and post in a CBT, hopefully I've made progress. We're all going to make it.

I'm 32, read through your entire story, and definitely sympathize with you.

The sad truth is that long distance relationships don't work out. I'm actually and kind of had a similar thing happen with the half Egyptian chick I was talking about. She ended up moving back to her home country before we actually got too serious with the relationship. We tried to keep it going for 4 months, but it was pointless, and we both met other people.

I know right now it hurts like hell, and I won't tell you not to hurt. Your feelings are real, the disappointment is real, the care is real. However, you have to realize that there are MANY fish in the sea, and everything happens for a reason. I can assure you that your relationship with her probably would have never worked out, and the absolute best you could have hoped for was maybe prom sex had your plan actually worked (which was a snowball's chance in hell).

Like I said, there are plenty of fish in the sea. Lick you wounds, learn from this situation, lift, focus on college, and move on.

>Trump had won but that feeling of energy subsided quickly.

Dumass detected

>not old enough to legally vote

Makes sense your this stupid

I was born in May of 98 so I did vote, though I live in a very blue state so the outcome was the same. Regardless I'm off the Trump train since they tried to pass their even shittier replacement to the ACA and (((Kushner))) Sidelining Bannon.

Also weren't you Temp banned?

Thanks bro, I appreciate your advice considering you have alot more life experience then I do. I realize that their are shit tons of fish, but she really was something special, at least she was too me. To be honest I didn't even think of it as a sex thing, I just wanted to hold her, smell her, know that this was a real person and not just a figment of my imagination. I guess we all have to have "the one who got away" at some point right? Fuck I miss her.

*There

*to

Christ my grammar is shit today.

Not OP but my gf of three years just broke up with me. Told me it was because she would be moving to Texas and didn't want to force me to choose between that and my family and friends. Am now suspecting her shit roommates were pushing her, wanted to go crazy the last month or so of school.

Anyway, reading that helped, thank you (she was fat and had small tits anyway)

>Not joining in talking shit about blacks with an Indian qt.
Never going to make it.

He is black dude, you don't talk shit about your own tribe no matter what.

Never have long distance relationships user. Go back to lifting, what's your stats?

2xbw dl, 1.5xbw squat, 1xbw bench, under 20 5k

Anything worse in any are and you are not fit