Why dont i have big arms yet...

why dont i have big arms yet? i curl 40 and 45 dbs (not cheat reps) and so weighted dips while i saw some guy with decently big arms grunting while curling baby weight. whats going on?

>Tfw curling 30lbs dumbbells with 11" biceps
Send help

Keep a steady routine, stay consistent, eat healthy and rest. Progress will come user

>he actually curls the weight
>you flail it about

mfw curl 30s and have 16 inch arms at 6'0

>45 dbs dumbells

I curl those for 5-8 reps and I'm 5'7 145lbs.

Good form no cheating.

>not cheap reps

learn to read, user

Barbell curls
Hammer curls
Reverse curls
And pullups if you need to.

good form, pupper

>curls
Get strong on other lifts,curls are just accesories
Also,train triceps for big arms you mungo

Height? Weight? STATS?

"big arms yet" whats big?

Eat more. Train arms twice a week. Curls every night before bed. Do this for at least a year straight. Please trust me, this is the rich piana plan and it fucking works.

pls be kgs

>why dont i have big arms yet?
Because you only do the cocentric and then drop the weight down.

The eccentric is the actual part of the movement that matters.
It doesn't even matter if you cheat your way up, as long as you rack up volume on the eccentric.

>MFW I use 30-35lbs dumbells and a 90lbs barbell for curls.
> 18 inch arms at 6'1"

i have 0% doubt that you are roiding or have fatceps

>40lbs

dude that's bitch weight seriously

I haven't lifted in 6 months and am a skinnyfat slob now but I could probably still pick up a 40 and bang out 20 reps

you need to get stronger and change it up, do cable curls, drop sets, etc

Ring chinups are great for biceps since you can get yhe external rotation of the wrist at the end for maximum bicep contraction. Try flexing a 'cep and rotating your wrist and you'll feel the difference. This is also why ez curl bars suck for curls.

If your goal is size then reps and time under tension matter way more than reps.

Find a weight where you can do a set of 12 reps at 4 seconds per rep, controlling the entire movement. Then superset that with another 12 reps at 4 seconds per rep with half the weight.

>cheap rep
>tells me to learn to read
kys

Also, your reps are almost certainly shit if don't have “decently big arms” but you claim to be curling 40-45lbs DBs.

ye i only do 30lbs db curls and got 17" arms, its embarrassing when some dyel starts swinging around 40lbs+ db when they got tiny noodle arms.
THE WEIGHT YOU CURL MEANS NOTHING

How many reps do you guys aim for when you're curling?

>I don't understand how a guy can do less weight and have more mass.

You strength train.

He trains for hypertrophy.