Veeky Forums hobbies

Had a thread a little bit ago about hobbies. Some user posted videos about mountain biking which I have not even considered.

Archery, kayaking, and rock wall climbing are also on my list to try. Wondering if anyone else is into this stuff or other activities.

youtube.com/watch?v=p2xBsiNca7c

youtube.com/watch?v=OIQTnp3-Wnk

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/hollywisemedia/two-hearted-blues
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do blacksmithing. It's pretty fun, I make some money at it so I don't know if it's exactly a hobby, but I enjoy it a lot. Helps build arm strength.

thats cool as fuck dude

Here is the finished product if anyone cares

the most Veeky Forums and noble hobby of all:

suckin massive dicks

I'm about to move from a rural town to a big city for work.
I want to pick up a sport, be it, fencing, gymnastics, or martial arts.
Any anons have experience in that? What meshes well with lifting? I know boxing sure as hell didn't, that's the most fucking insane cardio I've ever done, I was too gassed to lift well and lifting isn't good for your speed and flexibility really anyway.

Very cool, I've made a few hooks, and tools, and a railroad spike knife myself. I don't have the proper equipment to get serious about it. But I think I will in the future.

I do rock climbing, if you're too big then it becomes a handicap though.

You should get into it more. It's a pretty fun hobby that doesn't cost too much to actually do. I'm having some pretty serious health issues so I can't do it as much as I used to, but I still tinker when I feel up to it.

thats really sick bro

what kind of equipment do you need to make knives like that?

I try to go on at least one 15+ mile hike a week. Not only is it great exercise I find that I get cranky if I don't have regular nature time. I'm cooped up in a warehouse all week and I think it's only human to start feeling depressed when you can't go outside.

Good idea. Great for forearm gains

Hammer, anvil, forge, 1/8th drill for the handles, and files for finishing the blade. I forge it until it's about 90% done, file it, hand sand, then etch, then attach the handles.

I like doing things the low-tech way

>hiking
yeaah boi

I got into kayaking a little over a year ago. Kayaking is good for working the arms. You really get arm workouts from paddling against the current in a river or creek. Obviously the river can't be going crazy fast, but if the river is a calm 1mph or less then it's fun to challenge yourself by paddling against the current, and if you get tired you just float back down to your car.

To get into kayaking you need:
-A place to easily store kayak
-preferabl a van/truck/SUV with roof rack to transport kayak.
-need to live in an area with rivers/creeks/lakes a short drive away.

A beginner kayak is pretty cheap around ~200 bucks and that's all you really need unless going on open ocean or lakes with a lot of boat wakes.

how do you get into hiking? i live in a very flat place, do people still hike through just woods even though there's no view at the end?

i used to love kayaking when i lived near a lake. now i have no friends and sold my kayak when i moved.

also not sure if it's Veeky Forums but i'm about to buy a longboard and am going to ride it around my neighborhood and parks. hopefully i don't lose too much gains.

hiking, judo, kendo, reading, video games, sex

Who /prod/ here
soundcloud.com/hollywisemedia/two-hearted-blues

i'd like to try this shit

is there any free software out there thats good for noobs?

I use FL Studio, but Ableton is a good choice for beginners. Watch some YouTube tutorials on sound design, get all in touch with your feelings about girls and stuff and you too can become the next Drake

I really.enjoy playing piano. It allows me to bring out my emotion and impress other people including girls.