/diet/ problems

Let's try to help each other in diet related issues.

I personally have a tough time eating anything but chicken/beef and rice/salad, if I eat anything else my insides go nuts and my shit turns to liquid. Not complaining or anything because this helps a lot with keeping the diet but anybody has any idea why is it like this? Been keeping the chicken/beef + rice/salad diet for 3 years now.

Because you are always eating the same, unhealthy, stuff so your body goes nuts when you change anything. Are you stupid?

how exactly is chicken, beef, rice and a good ol mixed salad unhealthy?

I love carbs so fucking much. How do I stop my addiction? I'd make so much more progress if I didn't eat so much bread and pasta.

It's not per se unhealthy but it obviously lacks variation. Put some vegetables or fruits in your salad and your diet will be a LOT better. You could also make a point about too much meat but whatever. Your intestines probably go crazy because you're not used to fiber, might be a good idea to increase that (veggies/fruits cover that too).

I had that too for a long time, I'd basically eat pasta every dinner and whenever I would get hungry during the day I'd eat bread with something. Not sure what to say other than will power. Just try cooking other foods like rice or beans or whatever and limit pasta to every other day and then twice per week. Also make sure you buy good bread.

that's easy mate. first cut sugar, like all of it, not even a gram of sugar allowed. then you can go either cold turkey and i prefer this method or start to gradually decrease your carb intake. i also tend to get addicted to carbs during winter bulk but then i just switch to keto from one day to the other, sure i feel like dying for two full weeks but i just grow a pair and deal with it, if it really gets bad i might take some days off and just binge watch a series, it's easier to handle the cravings when you don't have to deal with everyday shit.

Why go on extreme diets? Neither low-carb nor low-fat result in major benefits. Just eat balanced and clean, you won't get brutal cravings and it's usually healthier too.

But yeah cut sugar as much as possible.

is it ok to eat mi goreng (pic related)

shitty carbs, full of fat and salt

i eat it with loads of meat or fish added. it fits into my macros and calorie intake.
>is this ok?

Iffym nigga

No because it's shit food. Macros and calories alone are useless.

That's honestly pretty solid bro, but gradually introduce whole grain pasta, oats, bananas, and legumes into your diet, then greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and eggs if you're feeling especially saucy.

That, plus your diet is very similar what I live on, except I don't eat chicken or beef, I eat fish and occasionally alligator instead.

There's nothing wrong with carbs, just make sure you're eating the right kind. Always, always, always whole grain; for bread it can be an acquired taste, for pasta it honestly tastes better. White rice honestly isn't that bad. As always, portion control.

Also don't ever, ever drink carbonated cancer sugar water aka "soda." Diet soda isn't any better. Energy drinks are quite possibly one of the worst things you can put in your body.

Anyway, work with your body's desire for carbs, not against it. Have carbs with every meal. Have oatz in the morning. Pasta or quinoa with lunch. A banana after the gym. Just don't binge.

thats what i thought, but..
please elaborate
apart from beans and a shit-ton of milk these are pretty much the only carbs in my diet

Oh, that's reassuring. I like whole grain stuff a lot more than white. It's way firmer to me.

I have soda around once a month, probably less.

Thanks user. Now I just need to figure out how to fix my donut cravings.

Not that guy
Sure the calories aren't great, but if the macros fit, then they fit

Calories are calories you dumbass. Stop spreading fudd

How does gator taste? Also sounds like a very good diet.

Instant noodles and ramen are processed carbs that don't have any nutritional benefit, they're not even filling. Plus shitty fat, preservatives and lots of salt to make it even worse. That's why macros/calories alone are not enough, they don't say anything about how good the meal actually is. A big pizza has 2000 calories and pretty good macros but nobody can say it's a good idea to eat that every day.

pls
This ain't the 60s anymore.

>eating salad
It's literally solid water. Eat real vegetables

My diet problem is I'm poor as shit

how to bulk on ~£20 every week?

>How does gator taste
Like gator. On a more helpful note, it's very familiar yet very distinct. Think of it like this: gator is to chicken as venison is to beef.

And to expand on gator, and why I eat it, because it's about as good as it gets when it comes to protein to calorie ratio, it tastes good, it's honestly not that expensive, and hormones/antibiotics aren't really an issue because of how and where they're farmed.

>Also sounds like a very good diet
Lean meat and beans 'n greens. I honestly don't eat a lot of dairy considering switching out almond milk for regular milk with my oatz.

rice & beans

So roughly $25 USD? Buy yourself three cans of tuna (to be eaten on Monday/Wednesday/Friday) a gallon of milk, a big ass bag of lentils, a big ass bag of rice, a tin of oatz, and spend whatever is left on broccoli and bananas.

Interesting. If that comparison holds true I have to try it, venison is so much better than beef. Not sure where I would get gator in Europe though. I try to cut dairy so I just use water for my oats, it honestly doesn't taste worse as long as you add something else like fruits. Also I switched to lupine fruit yogurt, surprisingly it tastes exactly the same and is not more expensive here.

Does anyone have a tier list for cooking oils?

I use olive for everything but there seems to be like 10 billion different types of oil these days and a different one seems to be flavour of the week all the time for recipies.

+1

Pretty sure olive oil is the best, or rather the only neutral oil. Might buy extra virgin olive oil but it's not really worth the price.

Olive oil is best, peanut oil and coconut oil aren't ideal but they'll do when olive doesn't fit the flavor profile. Butter is also ok.

Canola (or CANada Oil Low Acid) is a meme that you should never ingest; it's literally rapeseed oil that has been processed to shit.

"Vegetable" and soybean oil, along with margarine, fit firmly into the "kill it fire and magnets" tier.

I'd say it's a solid comparison. The flavor is close but still distinct, and gator can be used in any place chicken would be. Gator nuggets, baked gator sirloin, gator gumbo, gator stew, gator 'n dumplings, gator chili. I mean, I'm from central Florida, raised on the corner of bumfuck and "you shor got a purty mouth" so I've been eating it all my life. I know crocodile is pretty easy to get in Thailand and Vietnam, I honestly have no clue for Europe but google might have some answers.

I honestly try to avoid consuming traditional livestock, for health and ethical reasons, shit like gator, deer, wild boar, and elk are much healthier for you, often have a superior nutritional profile, are only marginally more expensive, and can often be hunted yourself.

I know Veeky Forums has a hard-on for chicken, but that's a filthy animal, and I strongly recommend researching into how those animals are kept and fed.

Fish and game: always a good decision.

Also, I've been shamelessly shilling lentils, but it's worth saying again: dirt cheap and ridiculously good for you.

I'm planning on cutting for the first time, I'm 5'7'' 165 lbs and tired of being a chubby fuck.
My lifts are only 0,75/1,25/2/2,75 for reps.
How should I balance out my daily macros?

I live in Easter Europe and there is plenty of delicious food out here. Prices are low as well. How to stop?

Read. The damn. Sticky.

Short answer: for breakfast have a cup of oatz mixed with a cup of 2% milk, and two hard boiled eggs. For lunch have two chicken or fish filets, a cup of whole grain pasta, legumes, or quinoa, and the same for dinner minus the carbs. Have a banana after you lift. Drink plenty of water and eat as much green veg as you like.

Isn't avacado oil the same as olive but allows for higher temperatures?

> mfw some user posts my fav instant noodles
> mfw I don't have a face

I love adding peanut butter and frozen mixed veggies to mine. sometimes an egg

I Read. The. Damn. Sticky.
Says that for cutting I need to eat +1,5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight. That for me would mean over 245 grams of protein every day.
245 grams of raw protein is close to a 1000 calories.
Eating on a deficit would mean that only proteins make up for over 50% of my daily macros. This surely isn't how it's supposed to be?

>Also, I've been shamelessly shilling lentils
Yeah me too. Whenever people scream "I NEED MY PROTEIN" I tell them to cook some lentils, high in protein and vastly superior to chicken breast in every single way. Red lentils best lentils.

Don't want to start a new thread just for one question, and it is related to the thread in a way:
What does one look at when buying protein powder?

Wouldn't know, I've never used it, but I've heard good things. Avocados are generally pretty great.

Eat one gram of protein for your *target* body weight.

Every lentil has it's place, user.

>1,5g protein per lbs
Holy shit you don't need that much. Your body/kidney can't process that much. Even professional athletes with like 6% bf don't typically eat that much. Maybe 1g/lbs if you train a lot, like 5+ times a week.

No artificial sweeteners, TB12 (whey) and sun warrior (vegan) are the cream of the crop.

That's what I thought

FODMAPS perhaps?

For reals, user, there's a lot of bro-science tied to the whole "one gram of protein per pound of body weight" thing.

Unless your name is Dwayne Johnson you don't need to work about hitting that every day.

By all means eat a gram of protein per pound of target body weight on days when you train, but I'd say between 60 and 80 is sufficient on rest/maintenance days.

There's alot of bro-science tied to carbs too. How should I go about them? Some people preach how you don't need them and others tell how eating a lot of carbs is good for you, how should I balance fats and carbs?

Well, I'll put it this way. I'm a former fat-fuck who now has a lean, cut, martial artist's build. Here's the diet I followed to lose the fat and retain the gains.

>Fat
I cook with olive oil, I eat a handful of nuts every day, and I eat a lot of fatty fish. Also took a fish oil supplements and guac every other day or so.

You'll probably get enough fat through your protein sources, to be honest. Don't fret too much about avoiding it as long as it doesn't overinflate your calories, just make sure you're eating the right kinds.

>Carbs
banana after every workout. Oatz every morning. Legumes or whole grain pasta with every meal. Limit your carbs after 4PM on days you didn't train.

Make sure to eat the right kind of carbs, and avoid added sugar like the plague.

>In general
Eat lots of greens, emphasize whole foods in your diet, track your calories.

You can't generalize, there are good and bad carbs/fats. It's undisputed that fruits/vegetables/legumes/etc are good and that's basically only carbs. If your protein intake is adequate the carb/fat ratio won't be that important. However I think it is easier and generally more healthy to get your essential nutrients from carbs, specifically plants but that's up to you. Just avoid shit foods like processed carbs, added sugars and meat with lots of saturated fat and sodium.

Hey man. What about purple potatos? (Yams)

Even better than regular sweet potatoes.

Oh fug :::DDDDD

Is it okay to have a oats + protein shake as my last meal?

Thanks for the tips.
I get most of my carbs from oats, brown rice, beans and bananas / other fruits or berries, most of my fat from chicken, other meats and nuts and most of my protein from chicken, tuna, eggs, greek yoghurt and curd so I'm guessing that's pretty clean

>TFW get most of your carbs from WinCo brand Mac and cheese

Help I might be dumb

Yeah that's very good.

Yeah that's pretty dumb. Read the thread, people have already posted what carbs to eat or avoid.

How do you do your oats in the morning? I typically just put mine in my post workout shake

Can anyone recommend a good app for tracking calories on Android? Anyone use something like that?

I want to add some vegetarian meals to my diet. Kill me, but I actually liked that stuff every time I had something in one of those vegetarian places

They're just so damn cheap. You can get five boxes for like two and a half dollars, it's unreal.

what do you eat for breakfast, lunch snacks?

maybe you have celiac diseas or lactose intolerance or something.

Anyway i have slight IBS and know how you feel. I pretty much eat; rice and chicken for dinner monday - wednsday and then Potatoes (sweet and normal ones mashed together) and chicken from thu - sun.

if i mix it to much, or try and make a fancier version of the dinners, like adding some new vegetables and spices and what not; liquid shit.

i'm actually worried about when i get a GF and she will want to go out and eat and cook for me when all i can eat is this boring as crap 90% of the time lol.

anyway i think some sort of paleo diet might be my solution, so i'm looking in to that

Different guy but I go with of two if bulking 100g oats 300 ml milk 2 scoops protein powder spoon peanut butter heat it up in microwave 2 mins then add blueberries drizzle of honey and cinnamon.

If cutting just replace milk with water and no peanut butter.

Lel get a gf first

>i'm actually worried about when i get a GF and she will want to go out and eat and cook for me when all i can eat is this boring as crap 90% of the time lol.
gf got me in all sorts of great food, my diet was super boring before I met her

I can't stop eating a bunch of food at night

Everything's going fine then 9pm hits and it's like something trips in my brain. Uncontrollable thoughts of eating food. I figure it must be like a smoker trying to ignore a cigarette craving

You are cutting right? Usually cravings like that are your body telling you it needs more calories. If you are not doing IF you can try eating dinner at 9 or 10pm or prepare something filling and calory diluted like potatoes to not overeat. That "don't eat after x pm" stuff is wrong, as long as your body can use the energy eating is fine.