/fat/ - Fatty General

Previous thread 348lbs edition

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want
>Lose weight
>Get a more Veeky Forums body by lifting weights
>Autistically change your diet to some ultra vegetable no sweets autism because extremism is always good am i right ;^)
Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another if you are too weak to survive solo. We all know losing weight when you are fat is easy if you just reduce calorie intake, literally piece of cake. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need to lose weight for a number of reason. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice to troll or to reassure their extremist autism works for themselves, don't bother, always remember calorie intake, if it is lesser than how many calories your body burns you ll be fine.
And remember, if you are a loser when fat you ll still be a loser if you are thin, your weight isn't the problem.

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator
building-muscle101.com/5_dayworkout.html
scoobysworkshop.com/2015/02/20/scoobys-mens-physique-contest-prep/
scoobysworkshop.com/2015/04/09/contest-prep-week-7/
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Confess your cheat meals.

not confessing shit unless your FATher Wojak

I had some KFC last week because I was sick beyond belief and I couldn't eat another serving of Chicken and Rice.

Anyone got any Veeky Forums approved meals? I saw one for Tuna cakes a while back that looked nice.

is fried rice that much worse than steamed?
was thinking of making a big batch and throwing in chicken and eggs for lunch for the week

chicken, rice brocc

That's one gross looking Wojak

how do you weigh your foods /fat/? pre or post cook? half a kilo of raw chicken breast is getting reduced to 400g after cooking for some reason

>start cutting
>down by 15lbs
>just been eating more lean meats and vegs for the most part
>no real measurement on calories but have a general idea of how many i'm eating
>trying to keep it below 1500 when my tdee is about 2500
>doing alright it's been a little over a month
>start wondering how skinny fats lose it

Do you find it much harder to keep the cut going the lower you go? been wondering that because i feel like i might just be losing muscle but at the same time going jogging and lifting takes me a while to recover and I've been wondering if going on 1 hour walks is something the skinnyfats do?

I have been going on 1 hour walks since i started the cut and been steadily losing bit by bit, however, I have to say I'm curious what awaits me down the line.

Three weeks ago I got totally smashed at a bar and ate some pizza from a gas station on my way home. Next day I ordered a large stuffed crust from pizza hut and ate the entire thing. The next day my fat ass ate a shit load of braums. Then I stopped feeling sorry for myself and got on a 600 calorie per day deficit that I've been on everyday for the past three weeks.

>feelsbatman.png

Well, fat people are gross

>motivation

If your TDEE is 2500 and you are only eating 1500, you are at a 1000 calorie deficit PLUS the calories burned from the cardio and lifting you do. No wonder you've lost 15lbs in a month. Keep going if you want, but all of your hard work in the gym is being torn down by your lack of knowledge into how cutting works.

>lack of knowledge

I recall what I've read from the sticky while going down this road but if by any chance you're willing to give me some sort of advice I'd appreciate it.

I guess because of my cardio every day i've basically been eating around 1300 calories a day at a 2500 tdee. I should likely eat more to balance it out though, right? What would you do if you were me?

I'm as follows.
5'10
238lbs

>people actually only drink water for months just to lose weight fast at a morbidly obese situation

So explain something to me, and I'm not saying i'm in this situation but do these people ever grow back the muscle their body consumes to keep them alive? if you tear a muscle too badly and your body has to use it to sustain you then you are going to be that much weaker for the rest of your life, right?

Last week checked my weight.
300 lbs
should i just commit sudoku?

>300lbs
>could be 6ft
>could be 5ft

Really depends, laddy.

If you're over 6ft tall form what I have seen, you should be alright just start getting knowledge on howe to cut effectively and work on a diet that fits you.

If you're a manlet and 300lb that's a lot of fucking fat. in that case talk to a professional, like a doctor or a physician.

Are you retarded? Of course you can regrow muscle the fuck do you think gains are?

5 9
and a ha-

> tfw going to lose a leg because of keto

>are you retarded

I was taught in high school that muscle doesn't grow back, but yeah thanks for the harsh advice, which by the way doesn't sound too credible form the edgy point of view that you come from.

The reason you see megafatties in these threads on huge 1k+ surpluses is because they are esentially just trying to lose the most amount of weight possible in the shortest period of time. Which, in and of itself, is mentally and physically taxing but ok if you can power through it. However, the reason this is generally seen as okay and not frowned upon is that megafatties have no LBM (Lean Body Mass) they are trying to preserve whilst cutting.

It is generally accepted that a 500 calorie deficit is optimal for weight loss in regards to the fat loss/LBM loss ratio. Any more than that and basically you start losing more LBM than is necessary, which sucks ass because it makes cutting longer and more grueling.

I assumed you had been bulking and were now trying to cut down, but seeing you stats (5'10 238lbs) It would seem to me you are just a semifatty trying to get /thin/, if so then your deficit is OKAY but I would still up the calories. Drastic changes in diet is basically diagnosed as an eating disorder and is the definition of yo-yo dieting because a deficit of 1500+ calories is not sustainable and you will binge and possible rebound to your original weight. Getting /thin/ is not just a change in your diet m8, it's a change in your lifestyle. It MUST be a sustainable diet or you are destined to fail.

I've been doing this shit for years now, just my two cents.

You are all retarded.

Muscle DOES NOT EVER GROW BACK,

IF
>it has died and been removed from the body
>Or had to be removed because of a disease or some other medical issue

Dr. House didn't limp around on camera for 10 seasons because his muscle was surgically removed and couldn't grow back, doing leg workout would never help.

Now that I've taught you that. Muscle can grow, but it is just the FIBERS that enlarge themselves through weight training or whatever exercises you do. Muscle fibers in the body are finite and that is why there is a limit to how far you can go genetically in terms of bodybuilding.

dude I was depressed at 200lbs, what the fuck are you doing? thats like what, 50% bf???

Sorry user you're right I should be encouraging your Veeky Forums journey

This is very helpful advice, thanks.

I never realized I was losing muscle as well as fat. I don't want to end up super skinny either, though.

I'll probably have to change my diet up a lot because i still want to keep my muscle but I must say some of the advice people give on there for that is kind of confusing.

Doing keto means no sugar, salt, and no carbs, right? but if I'm sticking to my high fatty foods like peanuts, lean meats, and avocados with other similars doesn't that mean that my muscle is going to be getting used to as a source of energy for when i do cardio? I have mostly been doing 1 hour walks every day for the past month and have found that to be helpful but now I'm starting to see that my diet might not be as efficient as I hope.

and if what says is true then I certainly want to do it right. The last thing I want to do is lose muscle because I was too stupid to realize what I was doing was for the wrong goal.

27 according to the calculator
people usually guess i look 225 or similar

Fattest I've ever been in my life was 193lbs I think, although I was bulking and pretty strong desu. I'm 5'6 so that's pretty fucking fat for me. Currently I'm about two months into weight lifting again after taking two solid years off because of school, work and depression. I'm sitting at 171.8lbs as of this morning, down from 177.8lbs. Losing weight is one of the most liberating feelings in the world, I love lurking the /fat/ general trying to keep spirits high and giving out /adv/ice to mega fatties.

>we'll all make it lads.

300lbs and 5'9 is not 27 dude, dont let the fact that you carry it well get you cocky, its still fat user.

my biggest was 208 at 5'9, sitting at 173 with 150 being the goal.

I started lifting last week since I moved and cant play basketball with my buds anymore, any advice or things you did you wish you hadnt for a beginner?

I can barely bench 90lbs right now...

Agree but by that logic if your body breaks down your muscles because you're starving shouldn't it grow back? Where does muscle memory fit in this or is it a meme?

you did it wrong bro, im 290 and im at 66%

im not cocky, or at least not now, just wanted to tell why i wasn't depressed at that point
probably, the numbers were kinda estimated because i dont have a real measuring tool

use the one that has you measure your arms stomach neck etc with a tape measure

good man, just making sure you have the right mindset. so whatre your plans?

The posts you replied to are both me desu.

It is true that muscle never grows back, but you don't ever LOSE muscle per say. The muscle fibers just shrink back down because you aren't using them as much and they have no reason to stay big. That being said you can always re-enlarge them with proper diet and training, hence the sayings "if you don't use it you'll lose it" and "it's never to late to start"

On another note, I realize that most of the /adv/ice you'll recieve on Veeky Forums and nearly all other fitness boards is going to be confusing and conflicting. However, in all of the time I've spent doing fitness research and bulking and cutting I've never seen a more straight forward no bullshit guide than the Veeky Forums sticky. Also, calculating your TDEE is probably the most important and TOUGHEST variable to calculate accurately. For the most part, I would say use a TDEE calculate, set activity level to sedentary, insert your height, weight, ect, and then use that TDEE as a BASELINE. For example, my TDEE calculator gives me 2255 as my baseline; a 500 calorie deficit puts me at 1755 calories per day to lose one lb a week or four a month. This is where most people fuck up as they GROSSLY overestimate the amount of calories they burn through exercise and overeat as a result. The most important thing I can tell you is use the scale and the mirror in conjunction with your TDEE estimates and your deficit then adjust accordingly.

On the subject of Keto, it's great for weight loss that is generally accepted. However, the thing is people overestimate the actually effectiveness of keto in relation to Calories in vs Calories out. Keto helps you lose weight faster because you hold less water and are not ever bloated as a result. At the end of the day, the only thing that really matter is that you are in a caloric deficit. To lose weight YOU MUST have eaten less calories that day than your body burned, its really that simple. People complicate things with meme diets.

> tfw last 20lbs til normal BMI

two more months, guys.

gonna start riding a bike around, plus doing push ups some time mid day

which one is that one

healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator

>my biggest was 208 at 5'9, sitting at 173 with 150 being the goal.

DO NOT DO SS, is probably the best advice I can give to a beginner. Honestly, the ONLY reason I'd ever recommend SS is to get a complete n00b associated with compound movements and diet and weight lifting in general. Somewhat of an incubation period for you to learn about general fitness so you can move on to a better routine and diet. SS just has a HUGE potential for muscle imbalance in specially the lower body.

Another piece of /adv/ice for you is that since you are trying to cut weight you likely won't see any muscle gains or LBM gains unless you are a complete n00b with no weight training experience whatsoever. You might see some, but you need calories to grow and if you are in a deficit you aren't getting them. Now, you CAN get a bit stronger on a deficit because it's not necessarily the amount of muscle you have, it is your central nervous systems ability to recruit more muscle fibers to have you move weight. Which is why you might have a shitty workout if you didn't get enough sleep, are stressed out, ect. CNS is the man behind the curtain when it comes to strength, that being said, more muscle = more power so of course there is a limit to how much weight you can lift in relation to your LBM percentage, just short of using better leverage in your lifts (better form).

Yes, it will 'grow' back so to speak. However, it never really left in the first place. Like I said, your muscle fibers just lost size or shrunk during a period when your body prioritized other vital functions over muscle mass. It's always there, it just grows and shrinks in relation to the stress it's under.

Muscle memory, I can't really comment on this because I've not done adequate research on the subject outside of anecdotal citations (broscience). That being said, I was pretty j00cy two years ago and I really feel like I've made gains relatively easily once I've started back after 2 years of nothin

Fucking this.

I want to know if post cooking is when you should scale your food?

Keep at it user, the end is neigh. In a good way :^)

Most foods on MFP will specify uncooked or cooked. Chicken breast and rice are generally to be weight uncooked or frozen.

>dont do SS
ha, good you caught me now lol, you have a routine to reccomend?

Yeah I know I wont get bigger, I just do it to try and perserve whatever shit muscle I had.

got 47 percent

sounds about right, its all downhill from here, in a good way I hope.

For a general beginner I would recommending something like "Allpros" although it only has you doing weight training 3x a week.

A tad bit more intermediate, and honestly that's where I would start anyway. Try something like a PPLR (Push/Pull/Legs/Rest/Repeat), just adjust the workout days as needed, i.e. toss in another rest day as needed if you are super tired.

I personally use PHAT and have for nearly three years. It's perfect for me, weight training 5 days a week with two rest days scattered in.

Thanks man, Ill look into those

How do I stop consuming junk food?

Close your hole

this: but also force yourself to eat something instead,
and throw out any you may have in your house

is this better then SS for a beginner? im on week 3 with only 4 lb lost ( water weight ) cutting down to 900, from TDEE of 1600

building-muscle101.com/5_dayworkout.html

Grill?

>LONDON
>O
>N
>D
>O
>N

But if not, how is your TDEE & shite so low m8?

duno

>whew lad

I would probably commit sudoku if my intake was that low, give me a sec I'm using different calcs for your intake.

im not going hungry only eating like 900 a day though

I haven't had a cheat meal in over a month

Okay I really need some other anons input on this. The thing is, since you are so big your bf percentage has a HUGE impact on your TDEE. I REALLY feel like 66% bf estimate is wrong, but then again I'm probably not the most qualified to answer that.

Basically I feel like your caloric goals are just wayyyyy too low at a goal of 900 per day, it's just I've never personally been that big so I don't wanna lead to astray. I would definitely recommend consulting more people in the /fat/ general who can give you a good assessment of where you should be calorie wise.

HOLY FUCK
Your measurements look like stats of a character created in some RPG by fucking with sliders until you get the funnies possible protagonist.

i did all my measurements too to get my BMI

not exactly

Honestly I feel like cardio, eliptical work, would probably be one of the best things for you right now just so you can get your weight down m8. Not saying disregard weight training altogether, but I feel it takes on a lesser importance at this stage.

I've made lardass replacement meals.

Tacos:
8 cups of cabbage
1 can of chicken
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1 cup of Monterrey jack cheese
1/2 cups of bacon pieces
1/4 cup of taco seasoning

Pizza:
8 cups of cabbage
1 can of chicken
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
2 cups of mushroom marinara sauce
1 cup of pepperoni

that link i posted has cardio listed at the end of every lifting day, ive been doing 30 minutes every 5 days and 45 on one of the rest days

Don't listen to this guy.

Just lift heavy and diet. Don't fall for the lose weight first meme.

I would actually recommend starting strength for someone like you m8. The reason I never recommend it is because most people are at a point where a brosplit or a better program would immediately help them aesthetically.

In your case, SS will allow you to familiarize yourself with compound lifts and weight training in general. That along with cardio will definitely help you get the weight down.

i think the bulk of my weight comes from my legs, they are already huge and muscly, and my stomach is a barrel obviously

This guy pretty much has it gift wrapped for ya m8, keep doing that cardio consistently and you'll be droppin pounds.

yeah i didnt intend to drop weight and be a bag of flesh, i lift and cardio after lol

so, my initial post was, why im not losing weight. im 2 weeks in and only 4 lbs lost .

On nights where I just throw my hands up and say "fuck it" I will:

1. Get fuckin smashed at my favorite bar
2. On the way home go through Whataburger
3. A1 Burger with Large Fries Large Powerade and 1 of those little Apple Pies

It's a great way for me to spend $60 on easily 2,000 calories. I also smoke expensive cigarettes back to back the whole night while drunk (I don't usually smoke, only when I drink).

Then I feel like shit the next day and do nothing and am a little lazy on the diet. Takes like a 24 hours since drinking to get back in the grind mindset.

I do this like twice a month please kill me my progress is so slow because I do this it's my favorite thing to do. I even get laid sometimes cuz bar. How do I stop.

>Still lost 50 pounds so far though

Always uncooked. The nutrition data on packages describes the nutrient composition of the food as it is in the package. This is always the most accurate data available on any food that is packaged and has the chart. Therefore you should measure your food in the form it is in the package.

You can of course get the same accuracy weighing your food post-cooking but then you'll have to compare the weight of the cooked food to its uncooked weight to get the correct numbers using the uncooked food data.

Example:
Say you have a piece of meat that weighs 200g. According to the package, per 100g it contains
300kcal
21g protein
24g fat.
So the 200g piece has 600kcal, 42g protein and 48g fat.

Then you cook it and afterward the piece weighs 150g. Now, if you eat the whole thing, you don't need to calculate anything more, the whole thing still has the same total macros as above. But if you wanted to eat a part of it, then you need to weigh that part and calculate how large a part that is of the cooked piece. Say you cut 50g out of the cooked mat. 50g is 1/3 of the 150g whole cooked piece. Therefore, you're eating 1/3 of the total macros which is 200kcal, 14g protein and 16g fat,

Similarly for food made of multiple ingredients you weigh each one before cooking and add up the total nutrients. Then weigh the whole thing after cooking. Remove a portion of the whole thing in such a way that you're taking a proportionate amount of each ingredient (the food needs to be mixed evenly) and weigh the portion you're taking. Calculate the percentage that the portion is of the whole cooked thing. The macros of the portion are that percentage of the total combined uncooked macros you measured. If the food is not suitable to be divided in a way that takes equal proportions of each ingredient, you need to keep things separate so you can weigh them individually after cooking.

The simplest is to eat everything you cook so you these extra calculations aren't needed.

>but you need calories to grow and if you are in a deficit you aren't getting them

You're carrying tens of thousands of calories under your skin.

For any other fatties reading these, it should be mentioned that the severity of muscle loss during a caloric deficit depends on how much muscle mass you've developed. If all you have is the muscle you've gotten through living a sedentary life without ever doing any kind of strength training, then very little or perhaps none will be lost. If you've trained for some period of time and made gains, more will be lost when you cut. People recommend slow weight loss because if you have gains, then you can minimize their loss by not cutting too hard. Though it's dependent on the amount of gains you have. But if you have no gains, you don't need to be so worried about cutting hard.

Basically, the further you develop your body from, the more stringent are the requirements to maintaining that body. The requirements for developing even greater muscle mass and strength are harder to accomplish than for maintaining. Deviating from these requirements has more severe consequences the more developed you are. There's always a way to minimize the loss but there is a limit to to this potential depending on your development level. My feeling is that maintaining strength and mass while cutting at an elite level is impossible, difficult at an intermediate, reasonably possible for a novice and easy for an untrained fatty.

As I understand, a similar thing applies to losing fat. The more fat you have the easier it is to lose. The closer you get to shreddedness the harder it gets to further lower your BF%. The effect of this would be that in the case of people who are already very lean they can lose muscle mass when dieting despite being untrained. So, I believe that being fat is helps in maintaining your muscle on a cut until you're no longer fat.

The body will metabolize a small amount of protein everyday though, no matter how fat or weak you are. Eat protein to make sure the body metabolizes dietary protein and not your muscle.

>need to lose only 3kg to achieve my dream of becoming a paper weight
>too lazy for the final push

You are fully in control of picking up that chip and putting it in your mouth. Don't pretend otherwise.

We both know the only reason you ask this is because you're hoping you'll have an excuse to eat more you fat fuck

Depends on how obese they are. Muscle loss can be a non-factor for some. The problem is the maintain the diet when they start reach the bodyweight were muscle loss is an issue than end up skinny fat.

If i was to do a prolonged fast it would be PSMF

I have a motivation folder of 218 women. Always perks me up and helps me push through the tough parts. Always add a couple a week.

>the calculator's body fat category finally says 'acceptable' and not 'obese'

We're all going to make it.

Is it 3-4kg loss a week a good pace?
2600cal is my TDEE and I've been cutting 1000cal + situps, pushups and 1 hour long walk everyday.

1st month I lost 11kg. Feels good.

>I have a fap folder of 218 women. Always perks me up and helps me push through the tough parts. Always add a couple a week.

ftfy

>TDEE nearly 2,000
>all websites suggest 20% cut of 1,600
>starting eating 1,200 calories yesterday
>don't feel hungry or stuffed

I should lose 1-2 pounds a week doing this right? Or am I """starving"""" myself? As long as I stick to vegetables which have basically no calories I think this should be easy

Started Jan. 15th at 270lbs (5'10) and am 213lbs right now. Feel like I could have been in the 190's by now. FUUUUU
Feeling lighter when going into a sprint is a very interesting sensation.

congrats senpai. how many calories do you eat a day?

>Or am I """starving"""" myself?

Health-wise you'll be fine as long as you get your micros, protein and omega-3 fats. Also some extra dietary fat is good to prevent constipation. If you're eating multiple different veggies and fruits, you should be getting your micros without needing a multivitamin. The essential omega-3 fats are kinda costly to get from whole foods money and calorie-wise so you should buy some fish oil capsules.

not him but i lost like 30+ pounds, now at 160 full nakie at 5'11" and this is a perfectly valid question

If I'm eating ketogenically, under 1,000. If water fasting austism, well.
Whenever I fuck up and eat something with carbohydrates I feel like shit. Otherwise I've felt excellent the entire time.

dumb fatties go eat a cake lol

Hi /fat/
Started dieting and going to gym 3 days a week doing lifting + 30 min cardio.
186cm and 141kg down from 148.
I noticed that my weight loss kinda slowed down. First two weeks i noticed results every day but this week i think i lost just one kg.
Did i hit a plateu ? Diet and calorie intake is the same as in first two weeks.

>2.5 months
>-7kg

When you first start losing weight you will notice a big drop. it's due to water just falling off of you. It'll plateau a bit then be consistent.

If you want an example, scooby documented his contest prep week by week. And took measurements like the true autistic we know he is.
scoobysworkshop.com/2015/02/20/scoobys-mens-physique-contest-prep/

again, you need to stop telling fatties to go on a 500 cal deficit, it will unnecessarily take YEARS to lose weight when your body is itching to get to rid it when you're obese. Stop fucking reposting advice that ISN'T MEANT FOR FAT PEOPLE.

>First two weeks i noticed results every day
fuck off retard.
1lbs of fat is 3500 calories.

That link didn't go to his week by week progress here:

scoobysworkshop.com/2015/04/09/contest-prep-week-7/

I see. Thanks.

34 inch waist
16 inch neck
198 lbs

Says I'm 17 percent bodyfat so now when I can I stop post in fatty threads? As I went from chubby to skinnyfat kek

Just fucking dont put it in your mouth.

Looking in the mirror does it for me.

fruit
force yourself to eat it if you don't like it. have one or two a day. they're sweet and become sweeter when you cut out the candy

Best collection I've found:

imgur.com/a/5nbmA