Bluepill me on sugar

Bluepill me on sugar.

Recommended amount for males is 37.5 grams a day, but I eat so much more than that. This seems like a super small number compared to how much sugar is in our foods.

pretty sure that's added sugar, meaning eating normal healthy homecooked meals + 37,5g of added sugar e.g. 30-40g of milk chocolate

>This seems like a super small number compared to how much sugar is in our foods
Fruits for example don't count towards that, otherwise a few apples and oranges would get you over that line. That's for processed foods with added sugar/soft drinks/jam/syrup etc.. Basically stuff you should minimize anyway.

Bad cause sugary drinks and food can lead to diabetus down the road. They are normally in calorically dense foods so they lead to weight gain, and it will basically annihilate your insulin sensitivity; which is somewhat significant for weight loss.

>Calories in vs Calories out is more important than sugar intake
>but sugar isn't really all that good for getting /thin/ or Veeky Forums

Conversely, you need to eat sugary foods to restore glycogen storages in your muscles after a tough workout.

If you eat lots of grilled food, you barely get any. A good burrito has like 5g sugar in the whole thing.

i get like 35 grams a day and i still wonder if i should cut down.

these recommended amounts are usually still unhealthy. they just put a random number on it. instead of saying that more then 10g of sugar starts becoming unhealthy

or something like that

The interesting thing is that high carb diets that allow sugary shit food but ban fat don't lead to overweight or beetus.

if you're exercising regularly and eating fairly healthy then who gives a shit, it won't give you diabetes

wait i thought redpill was the one that woke you up
i can't keep up with the memes

so why did steve redgrave get diabetes?

That can't be right, how could it be such a specific number (extra 37.5g) when it doesn't take the entire rest of your diet into account?

>The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends limiting the amount of added sugars you consume to no more than half of your daily discretionary calories allowance. For most American women, that’s no more than 100 calories per day, or about 6 teaspoons of sugar. For men, it’s 150 calories per day, or about 9 teaspoons.

150/4 = 37,5

Pure. Diabetes. I coincidentally have blood sugar problems because of sugar, so I only consume around 10-20 grams a day, and through vegetables at that.

Fat is more than twice as calorie dense as carbs at 9kcal per gram. Also carbs are mostly used for short term energy in the form of glycogen. Long term energy is fat storage. Usually carbs and fat are fine by themselves, but eating food high in both often leads to quick weight gain.

Sugar has no negative effects on health in the absence of weight gain.

>so why did steve redgrave get diabetes?
According to what the little I can find on his diet on Google, Steve Redgrave consumed a high-fat high-protein high-sugar diet that may have even been low in fiber and vegetables. He also claims strong genetic predisposition, which would certainly explain a lot. And you can still have too much visceral fat even as a normal-weight athlete. So unless we have a serious investigation, we do not know specifically why he got diabetes.

Most people want to lose weight though and sugar itself doesn't provide any nutrition, it's just fast and easy energy. Plus more than half of it is metabolised in your liver so it's generally a good idea to avoid it (during or shortly after a long workout it can be a good idea though).

ALL THAT MATTERS FOR WEIGHT GAIN IS THE AMOUNT OF CALS YOU EAT

>not taking half-half
>lucid dreaming with one open eye
I bet you never saw youself eating a spider in your sleep lmao

>This seems like a super small number compared to how much sugar is in our foods.

Stop eating shit and calling it food retard

It's proven to be healthy, that's why eeryone's been eating it ever since it was invented. It's like protein in the sense that the more you eat the better, and it doesn't really have any negatives. If you want to see better results try adding sugar to every meal you eat as well as your shakes, it's scientifically proven to work.

The sad thing about this post is that it's an attempt at being wrong but it's actually true. Refined sugar is the #1 thing to consume for quick recovery and peak athletic performance.