Things people do at your gym - post what gym as well

Things people do at your gym - post what gym as well.

I go to a community recreation center, kinda like a YMCA. For some reason people are extremely scared of the hack squat machine. I've watched one man for the past few months not progress past one plate, that's as far as he loads it. He's probably 5'10" and 185 and because the hacksquat is at an incline he's actually squatting less than 90 lbs.

another guy put fucking 10s on there and busted out two sets of five in what had to have been the most saddest event in human history. I watch these people enjoy the weight lifting limbo they've put themselves in with horror. I want to shake them by their skelly shoulders and scream "YOU CAN LIFT MORE, DO IT."

also saw a guy shadow box inbetween his curling sets, he accidentally got too close to a wall, punched it, and immediately held his hand in pain for 5 straight minutes.

>he accidentally got too close to a wall, punched it, and immediately held his hand in pain for 5 straight minutes.
kek

Thank you angry fly machine

THANK YOU ANGRY FLY MACHINE

You think you have weird people in your gym?
>be me, go to a high-end gym (one of the priciest and poshest where I'm at)
>there's this seemingly rich dude coming there
>has no routine whatsoever
>goes between biceps curls, leg press, pull ups, ab exercises, stretching and cardio (running) in 10 minutes
>has some extreme exercises he has thought of himself, like hurling a kettlebell around his head
>does splitstreching at random places
>has a calf circumference of 7 cm
>does the leg press with 100kg and locks his knees every time

Every time I see him I'm afraid of seeing an open bone fracture. Pic related, it's him.

Why is it that Veeky Forums goes for this shit with so much more enthusiasm than other boards? Threads are just buried with the shit.

it gives me a sense of community, feeling like im part of something bigger.
Some days its the only thing that makes me smile

Hero story time.

>see kid in blue shirt come in
>goes to lat pulldown machine
>loads as much wait on as he can
>jumps in the air, getting his weight over the handle
>locks his arms and rides it down as far as it will go before gravity kicks in, slamming the weights down and throwing him off

So I recognised he seemed a little nervous and out of place. Turns out he has mild aspergers and his doctor recommended he do some exercise. I offered to help him learn good form and help him build a routine, and now he's joined me and my gym buddy. He's a cool guy once he gets past the awkward stuff.

This picture summarizes regular gymretards.
> Dyel doing splits in cable machine
> Bitch with grey leggins pulled up her gooch
> Dyel with loose shorts and lifting gloves
> Asian with headband

its a joke right ?

thank you angry fly machine

Yeah, I have to admit it's a good capture. But just the guy doing the splits is enough to piss me off desu

retards
fuck you all, I got facts

fit will do absolutely anything for the promise of gains

THANK YOU ANGRY FLY MACINE

I got a couple of people, I go to a YMCA type thing as well

Super stronk half repper

> Old dude, like 50+
> Comes in 4 times a week
> Same routing every time
> Rack pulls, squat, leg press
> Rack pulls about 14 plates, but he calls it deadlifting
> Squats around 12 plates, keeps the safety super high, maybe gets a quarter range of motion of a full squat
> His leg press is clean though

He's a pretty nice dude though, only real annoying thing is he burps really loudly and doesn't cover his mouth (Burps all the time as well because of some protein shit he chugs down between sets) and when he's on leg press he uses like every plate in the whole gym pretty much

The real annoying one is the Asian pest though

> Maybe 5'7 at most, 125 pounds soaking wet
> Wears a lifting belt at all times for all lifts
> Wears gardening gloves
> Lifts the most bitch ass weights, I don't judge people's weights in the gym, everyone starts somewhere, but he clearly is using weights that aren't pushing himself at all
> Like deadlifting 60 pounds as his max (Not kidding)
> Also curls on the bench
> Like, curls some tiny ass weights, leaves his drinkbottle and towel on the bench while lifting and resting on the bench between sets
> Acts like he can't speak english if you ask him to move off the bench
> Hear him having fluent english conversations with the staff all the time

I fucking hate that dude

There is a guy who I sometimes see train in the evening, and without fail, wears the same white t- shirt with a sad pepe on it.

>train
>things people do at your gym

Dyer?

>gardening gloves

made me lol

>things people do at the gym
>he actively wears a pepe shirt

Dyer?

good on you user

Doing gods work (Y)

100% fact

Best story about him:

> Goes to bench
> Lies sideways on it
> Is holding a 5 pound weight
> Lays a small town across his face
> Holds 5 pound weight against his face
> Does what I can only describe as neck curls
> 4x16

Lost my damn mind watching that

Small towel* I mean

Hand to god, he did it today, 633 pounds for 3 reps.

He did 640lb's on Sunday, the dude has ridiculous lifts, told me he used to be a high level powerlifter in London

Dont know about weird but had a couple funny stories.

>bunch of teens doing leg press with 2 plates
>4 of them all switching off
>one of them struggles and only does half a set
>other one says "bro you had it. I was staring into your eyes you had it."

Made me lol

Serious one.

>same gym
>literally only ONE squat rack so if it was leg day for more than 3 people you were fucked
>hear loud grunting coming from squat rack
>believe a robotic humanoid being is lifting weights
>hold on
>a guy wearing a fucking elevation mask and a belt is quarter squatting 3pl8 with a pussy pad
>grunts out 5 reps of this madness
>just staring at his form made my knees ache and back give out
>he racks it and walks around like he's the baddest guy in there
>allofmywat.

It's like Spartans crying out "HOO AH, HOO AH" before battle. It gives a sense of belonging.

>640 pounds is 12 plates

Nah that was his 1rm record, he doesn't usually hit it, usually he comes in and does 12 plates (And some change) for 3-5 reps

Took me longer than it should've to realize I was talking to a retard that thinks 135 is 2 plates

? When did I say that?

1 plate is 45 pounds

12 plates is 540 pounds

The barbell is another 45

So 12 plates is 585 pounds

He also chucks some smaller weights on the end to get it to around 630 most days but I wasn't counting those cus it seems unnecessary to say "Squates 12.7562 plates"

m8 are you ok?

I think most people generally accept that when you get to the 5+ plate each side range you can start calling it in total plates.

Like, no shit the guy didn't have 12 plates each side, most people understand 12 plates is 12 plates total

thats good karma for you my man

>I think most people generally accept that when you get to the 5+ plate each side range you can start calling it in total plates.
Where are you pulling this bullshit out of dude?

but Factman of Common Sense won't save you nor your mother though

Newfag here, when people say they can lift, say, 1pl8 on a barbell, are they referring to 2x45lbs plates (90lbs total+bar) or 2x22.5lbs plates (45lbs total+bar)?

holy shit, what a retard.

Never heard anyone do this before and don't understand why anyone would.

2x45lbs

High percentage of redditors and newfags

>those leggings
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Thanks.

This is fresh bait

Only 1 side of there body has progressed to one plate so they bench a 45 pl8 on one side until the other side can catch up in strength.

>nothing but white people

Beautiful

>SUNY Fredonia gym
>high asian (south korean specifically) population
>always wearing pants and gloves in the gym
>I'm doing shrugs in the dumbbell area
>see asian grab EZ bar and stand behind me in the mirror
>Fine, he's gonna do curls or shoulder press or whatever
>proceeds to violently blast out reps
>it's some ridiculous standing incline chest press bullshit
>he's literally yanking the weight back and forth; if it was a baby it would have died
>does this three times and leaves

All at my uni gym.

I saw some kid use the pussy pad for front squats and he turned fucking blue during his set. He barely managed to rerack it and when I asked if he was ok he said he couldn't breathe...

Another kid put a 25 on one side and a 35 on the other side of a barbell and proceeded to do at least two sets of squats before I noticed and told him. He kept his form pretty well for having different weights on the bar.

Haven't been going to the gym for too long and I tend to go at quiet times, but have seen some weird things
>2 people running on all fours on the treadmill
>middle aged guy jogging around the weight machine area
>fat paki woman who throws her shit down in the middle of the floor and rotates between multiple machines using no weight at all
>that paki who does air boxing between sets and jumps about
>one guy literally screaming as he jumped up on to a box that was about 1ft high and back down again
>everyone was looking at him and the receptionist came upstairs to see if everything was ok
>the pack of pakis who do literally one set and then spend 10 minutes flexing in the mirror
>autistic guy who does a set, then sits on the machine for 10 minutes resting before doing another one, even when it is busy

That is all I can remember off the top of my head. It is quite fun subtly watching all the strange things going on while doing cardio

Not too much stupid stuff, saw a guy OHP and using his legs to push up the weight yesterday.

At local track, creepy old guy who has terrible teeth and is more than a little too friendly...
>old guy walks slow for a lap
>does pushups all fucked up with his hands way too low (by his hips) and on his fingertips (so slow he rarely gets to 10)
>does a shit sort of squat kissing dumbells with his face-lips, kissing the bench with his ass-lips each time - oh, and slow as fuck
>does pullups by grabbing a passing beam, and does them very slow, barely gets his beard above his wrists
>then slow as fuck, runs around the track

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD I LACK NOTHING

Could this not be training the top portion of a clean and press?

>he's literally yanking the weight back and forth; if it was a baby it would have died

my seids

>Squats in a machine
Lol do I look like I have a vagina?!

If I'm struggling on the last lift in a set for OHP I'll clean the weight like that. It doesn't count as a strict OHP but it's better than not trying to get the weight up.

>squats
>chest flies
>chest gains

thank you angry fly machine

>go to new gym with "cross fit" type area
>heavy bags hanging
>yuppies and hipsters hitting the bag with terrible form
>no concept of maintaining guard or footwork
>actually see a tiny blonde last week taking selfies with the bag wearing hand wraps

Ugggh I have to overt my eyes any time someone goes over there so as not to cringe myself to death.

>overt
>done or shown openly; plainly or readily apparent, not secret or hidden. "an overt act of aggression"

I think you meant 'avert', pal

>Mfw see a chubby 13 year old struggling to do a pull up
>Give him some advice and tell him to work on negatives
>Mfw he's just ignoring me
>Hfw i lean towards him and whisper "youre not gonna make it"

And this just happened 5 minutes ago

>Doing leg extensions
>Finish set so i go get water from water fountain
>Come back and black woman messing with my settings
>After a literal minute, she just leaves without actually doing a set
>Lincoln had the right idea, free them and send them back
Both happened today. Still finishing doing legs lads

LMAO 1 town

>Guy wearing jeans and a plaid button up shirt (untucked)
>Stands in the walking path between the weight section and the drinking fountain
>Does ten kicks with his right leg
>Paces about
>Ten with the left
>Goes home

>Guy eating an apple while stationary bike

>Guy came in one time
>Fat
>Covered in bandages and gause around limbs
>He never said so but in my mind's I see his doc telling him he will lose a limb to the betus if he doesn't fix his shit
>Wanders around doing random shit and copying people
>Trailing bloody bandages

Because this board is terrible

Me again, holy fuck Veeky Forums it just got better

>Doing leg workout
>Notice little girls staring at me the whole time
>Think they're miring
>Realize they're gypsies (which is weird because this is the ghetto in Los Angeles so whites, much less Eastern Euros are rare as fuck)
>This whole time i thought the two little girls were mirin me until i saw them walking away while staring at my bag
>This whole time the two little girls and mom were thinking of taking my gym bag

Lol I worked in south Korea for a school that sent a bunch of students there. I bet he was one of my old students.

next time in life you will be born as chad

Not weird or funny, but

>that girl that bends over on the dumbell bench directly in front of you to do single arm rows
>forces me to only look to the right or at the tv
>keeps looking over at me in mirror to see if im a creep or not
>keeps bending over directly in front of me
>be me at bench trying not to look during my rests.

>>literally only ONE squat rack so if it was leg day for more than 3 people you were fucked
this is my gym as well but nobody does actual lifts so it`s cool
like at the same time you see people killing themselves over a leg extensor, the squat rack is completely free
I've also only seen one person do a deadlift besides me

Dude, shes clearly signalling that you should force your dick through her leggings and ravage her like an animal infront of everyone, then maybe call her later. Do you have assburgers or something?

So you're a nigger then....

Do you have assburgers?

You clearly have never seen a vagina IRL

Super curlbro

>does all manner of curls
>underhand, overhand, dumbbell, barbell
>he does it all
>even see him superset different types of curls
>body looks like absolute shit

His 'ceps are yuge though. And his curl form is actually excellent. But jesus fuck how do people do only curls and not get bored.