Veeky Forums meta thread

Is this board too negative?

Half of Veeky Forums is literally crabs in buckets these days

it's easy to become negative when 1/3rd of the threads here are obvious beginners who waste board space asking questions that are answered in the sticky.

If there was someway to block new IPs from posting until they read the sticky and were tested on what they read, this board's quality would increase tenfold

The sticky is not the word of god. There's lots wrong with it and it needs updating

a lot of DYELs
not a bad thing, more future lifters
but rn so spastic to deal with

I have consistently seen people making threads where they ask some basic, common sense question that is answered in the sticky and is correct.

I agree that it needs updating, yes, but also there needs to be some way to curb these shit threads

Valid point. Veeky Forums is not what it used to be 2,3 years ago.

no most of it is r9k level incel posting

its kinda sad

From what I've seen, the quality of every board that I've frequented has dropped in the past few years.

Just no
dyels qstns are not the problem
Fit. Unrelated. Is.

This, i'm an old lurker and i read the sticky yesterday and it has great info. Everyday people make threads with stupid q's asking stuff like "what routine should i use".

Too much shitposting and bait threads. Threads made for questions that should be made in a QTDDTOT, newfags and normies responding so they get bumped all the time, no /sig/, no1 even talks about scoob, zyzz, or blaha.
even supermong left. CBT threads are more like /soc/ threads.

I know you're not supposed to criticise mods but I think they really need to be a bit more fucking proactive and start handing out temporary bans for shitposting, non Veeky Forums topics and questions that you would know if you read the fucking sticky

>scoob

how active is he these days, even?

>zyzz

nice, but realistically he is dead, so...also he gets mentioned in certain threads a lot. mostly motivation or inspiration threads

>blaha

lol

the worst thing about Veeky Forums is that you have a lot of beginners and early intermediates giving out shitty advice, without knowing it's shitty advice

most of Veeky Forums is on mount stupid in the dunning-kruger effect graph

scoobs made a video yesterday he's still churning out based advice.

and so am I, because i posted a thumbnail

Veeky Forums is one of the few places i've ever seen were every user looks at it with giant kanye west style rose tinted glasses.

Yes the quality is going down, as Veeky Forums is no longer seen as the "wow yea I know Veeky Forums... that place is FRICKED up... you know u can see babis getting KILLED there... no thank YOU!" to black twitter memes.

End of the day, with more exposure thre is more commenting, less """culture""" and more blabbering. I feel like Veeky Forums gets worse and worse with more mundane and bland it becomes, and not the once cool new thing it was when I was 13, and that the poster quality was never fantastic, its just our post were so bad in comparison it seemed phenomenal.

a new board is always interesting untill its not.

well most edgy pre-teens come to Veeky Forums just for /b/, i know i did, and was hesitant to come to other boards for whatever reasons.

Grew out of /b/-only browsing after a couple years and just became a normal Veeky Forums browser. This place becomes much less """""scary""""" when you realize that 90% of it is just forums for people with common interests

this is just my theory but i believe the presidential election brought in hordes of newfags to Veeky Forums, not just /pol/.

Do you suffer from dementia? I read through it like 5 years ago and haven't looked into it since.

nevermind, looks like I'm too stupid to read

oh yeah, anytime anything happens that involves edgy memes an influx of people come, when theres a terrorist attack, etc... I dont even go on /pol/ but when that happens I check it out for the memes.

And topic boards are great, but most here are very entry level, i.e the way it goes is

edgy chubby kid
goes on Veeky Forums, becomes edgier
branchs off into two sides, r9k weeaboo handsome men browser
or goes to fit, fa, etc with no knowledge expecting to become a genius

everyone here is just hre to chat more than anything else, and with that some days can just be shit quality stuff.

but thats the nature of the beast, and Veeky Forums isnt renowned for its fantastic post quality.

im certain that they dispersed to other boards, yes

and dudes like tinytrip are long gone too, those tinder threads were gold though not strictly fitness related

>inb4 how bout fitness dick in your mouth

Wtf, could you explaint that pic to me? So basically it means that if you're confident about your competence, you have 0 experience on the thing you think you're competent?

This graph is inaccurate as fuck

Veeky Forums is simple carbs

it means that people with little to none experience (knowledge, know-how) tend to have high confidence in them self, as to people with actual knowledge which have atleast so much knowledge to know they arent experts in the field, and well experts

whoever expierenced superficial knowledge can relate to that

Tiny was a faggot though

At least we got rid of that one medfag that had no body but did 2 semesters of uni and called himself a doctor

But seriously Veeky Forums was always garbage you just got better at fitness and realize how annoying newfags are now that anyone can use the internet

I do wish normies werent allowed on here. There should be an internet history quiz before you're allowed to post

nothing is what it used to be 2, 3 years ago you fucking retard

This. This is the problem.

Veeky Forums was absolute shit 2-3 years ago you aspie fuck

Question
Why is there no /bb/ general? For people who actually want to compete?

yeah i kinda wish there was a BB general so i can sperg with other people about whether dumbbell incline bench press or barbell incline bench press is better for hypertrophy
little stuff like that really dont matter that much

I don't know.
Can try to grow it out of the FRAUD and CBT thread. I know a lot of people come here to just look good and not dumbfucked into doing babbys first powerlifting routine.
I also know that most people who show up and talk about 1234 or their sick gains in cbt don't do any of the programs in the sticky.
Why not create a thread that specifically talks about general weight lifting, body sculpting and the finer points of weight loss and mass building.

I read this on all boards but as a matter of fact all boards were always shit

t. oldfag

>space dinosaurs
>reptilians
it all makes sense now! So Earth really is flat!

Veeky Forums is kind of like SNL
The peak of SNL is always when you were in middle school
The peak of Veeky Forums is always when you first started using it, usually when you were 16

Have you ever tried starting a /bb/ general? Not asking this sarcastically, I think it would be a good thing and i think i remember it being a thing in the past.

except for your virginity

flat earthers must be trolling everyone.

the ultimate joke, believing your planet is a disc

...how... How exactly would a crab in a bucket go about posting on the Internet? Even if it could be trained (no small feat in and of itself) it's still in a fucking bucket!

It's a good place to start/answer the FAQs