How do I into summer internships?

i'm a third year econ/finance student and I need a paid internship this summer. I have a 3.0 gpa.

What do?

Also, GFs dad is an attorney and owns a law firm that I "interned" at the last 2 summers. Can I leverage this somehow?

put it on your resume as experience? I'm in a similar situation but I'm a mechanical engineering student. I applied to ~30 last summer and got no responses despite a good gpa

You should shut the fuck up

Why are you asking us for advice

>
Apply to banks and other financial institutions, you can get all the info from their web sites

thanks, I'll look into that.
jeez, what kind of applications did you do? I.E. were they all online type things or did you mail in a resume and letter, etc? where do you live?

all online, in downtown Houston. I'm going to try talking to people in person to see if I can get something for next summer

It's pretty much the only way to get in unless you know someone from somewhere who can hook you up with important people

Also don't worry about the location, move yourself to wherever the job is, even if you need to pay a bit, the experience is worth it

interesting. I think I'll mail in a professional looking packet with a resume and whatever else inside. I'm fucking determined to get a legit summer internship. Anyone think it would actually work if i marched into corporate headquarters at Nike or Starbucks for example and tried to get an audience with some semi senior person?
>hurr durr wear a nice suit and give a firm handshake
does that actually work lol

I have been looking for the past 2 months for an internship, just accepted an offer at a Fortune 500 financial company a few days ago. The trick was persistence, set a goal to do 5 online applications per day. That gives you massive numbers of apps being sent out over a few weeks. The go to every career fair and employer event that you can find in your are/ at your university. Beef up your resume, go to resume workshops or pay somebody online to do it professionally, keep it to one page for an internship. I only had a 3.19 GPA by the way and I got 4 good (Fortune 500) different interviews in 2 months, the key is persistence. Listen to the TED talk on posture and how it forms your presence in interviews, thats a good thing to watch to develop confidence.

By applying dipshit.

Are you literally retarded?

yes. How do I most effectively leverage my law firm "internship"
>don't tell anyone but all i did was talk to clients, do coffee runs and make copies

30 isn’t nearly enough. Set a goal of doing 10 applications a day. Keep a spreadsheet.

I tried and failed. I don't like the idea of being selected like a piece of meat unless it's an 18 yearold Chica. My advice? Quit the rat race early and make some good all in trades in crypto.

good to know, thank you. Congrats on your internship and the fact that you had a low 3 point GPA gives me hope. What's your major? How much does the internship pay?

>make good all in trades in crypto
i'll just go win the lottery, less effort.

I don't care about being a piece of meat in the rat race desu. My gf is an only child and her parents are worth around 10 mil and are in poor health. Hopefully I can quit my job and invest full time in like the next 15 years

yea I'll work on that. I figured getting an engineering degree would guarantee me something but I guess not

You interacted with clients and assisted them in handling their matters

You reviewed copies for accuracy

You observed how a professional work environment operates

You had to do more than this unless you goofed off on your phone all day.

Thanks for the congrats man. Im in Computer Engineering, the internship is actually 21/Hour, full time. I was super nervous about going out to find one this year because I felt totally unqualified compared to my peers, but so far I am the only one with a good locked down internship even out of my 4.0 GPA friends who are student leaders of clubs and have a million side projects. I think its because I have just had an insane drive to find an internship, you just need persistence, your 3.0 GPA will get you in the door pretty much anywhere, most companies say that they just want it to be 3.0 or above, I have never been asked about my GPA though to be honest

i wish i was a CS major. Thats the way of the future

>tfw sister is in med school, brother and cousin both got 6 figure jobs right out of uni and other family member works at google
I have a lot to live up to lol

another thing, what month did you start applying for summer internships? I just scheduled a meeting with my career advisor to work on my resume and once that's done i'll start applying. Am i too soon/too early/ just right?

spoken like a true wageslave

I love making money. I would do pretty much anything if the restitution was high enough

I used to be a med student, but I'm in a completely different career path now
Can I still put my medical summer internships in my resumes?

i dont see why not, they're good experience