How many of you guys do Intermittent fasting?

How many of you guys do Intermittent fasting?
How small or large is your window?
Are you allowed to drink coffee or chew gum while fasted?
Have you lost more weight than through regular dieting?
When do you train?

Im intrigued by intermittent fasting but i feel like i would be lethargic all the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.ca/2013/11/coffee-rules-green-tea-sucks-study.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's aging pretty fast

JUST

if youre starting out, id recommend skipping breakfast first (given you wake up around 7-8:30 am) and eat your first meal around lunchish. so maybe 12-2. once you can do that, shoot towards fasting until your dinner. helps with fat loss greatly, in a safe way. i drink coffee in the morning to get me through the day but technically your liver still processes the coffee and caffeine. if you want a true fast only drink water. it might seem hard to do, but once you get past the early hunger pangs, they wear off and you start to feel the mental clarity and just a feeling of satisfaction. but make sure the meal you eat coming off the fast has sufficient macros, make sure to eat veggies and cut the sugar. once you become a pro with this, you can move to a 24 hour fast once a week.

You do at least 8 hour eating window, if not less.
IF helps control your hunger.
Stack with EC for best results.
You can't have anything with calories during fasting so sugar free gum and black coffee is allowed.
I would eat between noon and 8 pm so I would eat lunch, train after work and then spend the next 2-3 hours eating to get all my calories.

Fasting has to do with your blood sugar a and insulin levels, not your liver.

I was saying if he wants a true fast to only drink water. Coffee still gets processed. A lot of people look past it as its not that big of a deal. i still drink coffee on my fast

>processed
Who the fuck cares what gets processed by the liver? The goal is to have no insulin in your blood stream so your body can turn stored sugar (by turning fat into glycogen) as energy instead of food.

Wait you fags are confusing me, can i drink coffee in the morning or is it actually breaking my fast?

>Rich Piana will die in your lifetime

feels bretty bad man

technically speaking, coffee breaks the fast. if you want a true and pure fast, only thing you consume is water. but you can get away with drinking coffee during a fast.

Don't drink coffee, don't drink tea, don't drink zero cap soda, don't chew gum. All these things illicit a slight insulin response so you might as well just eat. You want to reap the benefits of true fasting by burning FFFA's for as long as possible.

Leaving humanity behind

Screw all of that, those things aren't going to be the difference between a six pack and a beer gut. Don't get an eating disorder looking to get thin OP, drink a coffee in the morning. Especially if you feel like shit without one.

I did it for Lent. I started off with the 16 hours of fasting with an 8 hour eating window. After 3 weeks, I started doing 18 hours of fasting with a 6 hour eating window. Now I'm doing 19 hours of fasting with a 5 hour eating window with high protein, zero carbs.

When do you guys train? I tried the whole fasted training, but i feel like shit.

I just count calories and it works very well for me. IF is designed for lazy americans eating fast food only. While I eat junk food occasionally too, what I have under my sleave is a religious dedication to counting how much food I eat and I keep track of it throughout the day. If I overeat one day, I eat less another day and it evens out over the week and I am good.

IF is good, just not very optimal for losing weight. But it is still better than any other diet in a world in my humble opinion of course.

I find it easier to just go "hungry" during the day and then eat one giant satisfying meal in the afternoon or evening. I start feeling hungry around 2-3p.m on a regular day with classes so it's no big deal.

If is very optimal and has clear health benefits.
You're just anal about calorie counting.

IF allows you to maintain a caloric deficit for a sustained period without crashing your metabolic rate.

That's pretty much the whole point besides autophagy.
Calorie counting is fine to shed a little poundage but IF allows people to drop considerable weight over longer periods of time without demolishing their metabolism in the process.

It's not even a diet. I eat the exact same food I ate before I started, I just do it within a window to allow my insulin to sensitivity and metabolism to function optimally.

Also fuck eating breakfast. I've never ever enjoyed force feeding at the break of dawn. Feels much more natural to just drink a black coffee or two (does not break the fast) and then get on with my morning.
By the time 12 rolls around I have a healthy appetite and can take on a really sizeable meal.

the reason it does not work for everybody, is that to some people at least this one giant meal is worth at least 1500 calories. For me it is 2000 cals after working out.

I've never understood why for some people they say they need to "force feed" if they eat breakfast. For me if I don't eat within an hour of waking up I'm miserable and starving.

i havent eaten in 4 days. trying to go for 14 total.

I haven't eaten breakfast in majority of my life and I regret it. Breakfast is amazing and combined with calorie counting, I never eat more than 500-800 in a morning and a cup of coffee. Due to my manual labour job, I need that energy in the morning and just a coffee won't cut it. I even become hungry in a morning again, it is a pretty nice feeling. To wake up and be hungry and then eat.

Skinny fat guys won't understand it. I was there too. But hey, even skipping breakfast won't make you eat less. You will consume more during lunch and evening and midnight snack. IF could help there, but again, for some people, one good lunch could be worth over 2000 of calories. If you have no idea how much you eaten, trusting your stomach is bad idea.

suppversity.blogspot.ca/2013/11/coffee-rules-green-tea-sucks-study.html?m=1
Black coffee doesn't seem to raise insulin response and increases insulting sensitivity. Black coffee should be perfectly suitable during fasting hours

Im not eating until like 2pm right now. I can tell you that im hungry when i wake up, and then around 10:00 my hunger completely goes away, and i feel completely fine. But if you dont have a problem losing weight, then do whatever you want. I just find it easier to track my intake by skipping breakfast.

most people live lazy lifestyles. When I quit my job and were playing video games on a couch 24/7 I didn't need breakfast either. Now that I do manual labour, I learned to value a good taste of sausage and an omlet from 4-5 eggs in a morning.

It is a habbit too, sometimes I do not feel hungry but I eat anyway.

I could see that, its mostly when I have a work day I need to eat or I'm starving until lunch. But on weekends I sometimes go until 3 without eating and feel fine.

>tfw finally getting lean

I dont even track calories anymore I just have two giant meals and a protein shake before bed. Just stick with water and black coffee and you're good to go.

coffee makes me too jittery, but I essentially follow this same concept just with green tea instead

Breakfast, no breakfast, do whatever is going to be sustainable for you over the long haul while keeping calories in check. Bonus points if sugar and simple carbs are kept lower too, there's no one size fits all, different people have different needs and said needs will inevitably change over time. I've been doing IF on and off since childhood (used to get sick eating breakfast) and I've never been close to being fat. If anything I was close to being underweight until college.

I don't know if it's different in normal people but here's my experience. I'm a type 1 diabetic and if I have a black coffee it will raise my blood sugars, same with a sugar free energy drink. I don't find the same response with tea (black with milk) or diet pop.

I would have thought that since it raises my bloods, if I was a normal person then insulin would have been released to bring them down.

Unless I'm just a freak.

I'm not trying to meme here but what do you guys think about SIPS instead of coffee?

Don't fall for the meme

>not drink superior BANG energy

If insulin levels are what's important, does that mean I fucked up the fast if I had a 0 cal energy drink?

Yes, even if people tell you that coffee is fine, theyre wrong and theyre breaking their fast.

I'd stick with coffee. From what I've heard, artificial sweeteners fuck with your insulin which fuck with the fast. I drink black coffee in the morning for breakfast and that's it. I'm actually trying to wean myself off that morning caffiene. I drink a zero calorie Monster or Redbull with my first meal, but that's about it.

I don't know where this 'coffee is bad for your fast' meme started but there is nothing wrong with having a cup during your fast.

Will medication and vitimins (pills) break the fast?

Anything not water

I will typically get up at 7, do a heavy workout and then work right through until 13:00 before eating without problem.

You don't need a big breakfast for a morning of physical labor. Your body can fuel itself off of your stores during that period.

If breakfast works good for you, great, but don't go insinuating that people who don't eat breakfast get away with it because they're lazy... That's bullshit.

I do a mwf routine. I fast Tuesday Thursdays 18/6

(Stop consuming 9pm, consume from 3pm next day)

Feels good.

There are differing schools of though on this issue.

From what I've read it's basically about whether you fast purely for weight loss or whether you're interested more in insulin sensitivity and autophagy, the effect on which coffee has is not yet really.

I used to drink a strong cup of black coffee every morning but now I forgo it just to make sure that I'm truly remaining in the fasted state for the full time.

I have a coffee when I break fast.

It's called "skipping breakfast."

Tradcaths do it periodically throughout the year, like during Advent or Lent. No breakfast, normal lunch with meat (except for Wed and Fri they have fist), dinner about half the size of lunch and no meat.

Lost about 6lbs since Ash Wednesday.

Bullshit, insulin isn't Sarin Gas.
> those small amounts
> might as well eat twenty twinkies

Just don't have anything with measurable amounts of kcals. Black coffee. Diet soda. Sugarfree gum. Avoid candy-type gums, regular or reduced-cal sodas, juice, milk, etc.

I did fast all day and just have one meal in the evening. This made me very hungy and weak durign the day. Now I skip breakfast and eat a salad (lettuce, goatcheese and nuts) and some fruit during th eday and have a normal dinner. My enery levels are good and I have gained alot of muscle and lost fat.
I`m 186CM and 113Kg and duting the fasting I lost 9,5kgs of weight while maintaining my lifts during three months.

You're clueless lol

It's about the amount of caffeine. If I have more than a couple of cups of coffee then I'll get the hippy-hippy shakes before lunch, but 1-2 is good. I don't generally do the "energy drinks" but I found that lighter-caffeine drinks that are diet, like Diet Mtn Dew, work really well. I can sip on a 24-oz or two over a couple of hours and not spike, and the fluid helps me feel full so reduces hunger.

>No breakfast, normal lunch with meat
why not just skip dinner and have a full breakfast half lunch?

>IF helps control your hunger
Why does it not work like that for me?
I'm still hungry during the day, and it goes full fucking beastmode by dinner.

of course you can drink coffee and chew gum. there isn't some magical extra benetif from IF it just makes eating a small amount each day easier

In between meals for me. Have energy after first meal and get the proteins with the second meal.

I used to do 24hr fasts in highschool. That actually worked really well and helped me drop pounds. I would just eat lunch one day and not eat again until lunch the next. It was incredibly easy apart from getting a little hangry here and there. Stopped once I started working the summer after graduating.
Tried again last summer but failed. Thinking of giving it another go. Maybe with a different eating/fasting window

How are you feeling? I know I couldn't try for 14 off the bat but I'm thinking of doing a short water fast. Maybe 3-4 days to try it out