Motivation

Hei Veeky Forums

I just cut off my mother and possibly my entire family. Long story short: my mother has leeched off on me my entire life and I had given her too much money and sacrificed my life and future in the process. I was super depressed for years and my weight ballooned within the last 3 years. I posted here once about this and now I am trying my best to move on. I weigh 70kg or 155lbs currently and I am 163cm or 5"4 tall. I figure I need to lose around 20kg or 44lbs to be back to my desired weight. I havent weighed that less since 2012 and I am aiming to get back to that.

I have went to the doctor to see if there could be anything done with my knee and I was recommended to undergo physiotherapy for it. My hormones are also fucked so I'm going to a doctor next week. Those things aside, I jogged/walked 8km the other day with my dog and it took an hour and a half for me to complete. My legs were sore for almost 2 days but I dont regret it.

How do you guys keep yourselves motivated? What do you do to stop yourself from stress eating or comfort eating? How do you stick to your plans?

Sorry for the long wall of text but I needed to let these feelings out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNzZod_d18A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't worry my friend. We're here for you if you need to talk. We may be t-rex DYELs but we are no monsters. You are better off without toxic people in your life, even if they are family. The thing that matters the most is you and your well-being.

Thanks, brah. I've just been wallowing in my feelings for a while and realized I should get my shit back together starting with my own body.

remember OP, weight loss is 80% diet, its ok if you did all that walking but the calories you burned equated to a big mac meal, good luck on your journey though

mainittu?

Vittun siitä, Jarmo

Honestly dieting just becomes fun to me. Fitting things into parameters is more interesting to me than just gorging on whatever you feel like. I'm also really good at guilting myself though it's to the point that I don't crave any sweets whatsoever and if I eat one I feel nauseous. I think a lot of it is about setting challenges. I went no carb/sugar a couple months back and cutting things out of my diet and having to restructure things just made eating more engaging.

As for working out it's a harder one I would say if you work/school bring your workout clothes. It's much easier for me to say well I'm already out so why not just go to the gym after class than it is to get my ass up when in at home lounging. Yesterday I had forgotten my shoes so I drove back home and at that point I was looking for any excuse to stay home (I did eventually go to the gym though)

I never really had problems with eating
but exercising, soon it become a habit and an addiction

also, do some weight training for your knees
usually working your hamstrings works wonders

I like your attitude. Maybe I should start buying a lot of containers/tupperwares and ration fruits, vegetables and food in general. I just started doing that to salads two weeks ago. I cut up vegetables and fruits and put them in separate containers, then take what I need from those containers when I have to eat. It's a bit time consuming but it's fun since they dont get soggy compared to an already mixed salad.

Right now I cant work out properly because I have no real gym experience but I can make up for it by walking with my dog. It's the inner excuses that's killing my motivation right now.

I'm trying. I'm being torn a bit by guilt because my mom is incapable of sustaining herself, plus my insanely toxic and abusive brother is living with her. He's the reason why she's battered emotionally and mentally but she refuses to let go of him and it's a big problem. He ruined her life and my life but she just refuses to do anything about it and just let's him verbally abuse her everyday.

>How do you guys keep yourselves motivated?
ive got a routine and that keeps me exercising and eating my new diet . seeing the number going down on the scale is great . watching fitness vids on youtube and reading the fat gen helps too .
Dr. Rhonda Patrick is one of my fav
youtube.com/watch?v=uNzZod_d18A

Even if you're inexperienced I'd personally still recommend getting a gym membership to keep that obligation up. Barbell compound exercises are Veeky Forumss go to but if you're not comfortable there there's nothing wrong with getting a base on machines. I still use the dip/chin up machine and I'm slowly working my way off of it.

Watch fitness vids on YouTube though you'll get your form down and be fine for sure. Don't worry about not lifting a large amount. I see twinks throwing their back out trying to curl 60 lb dumbbells and absolutely ripped dudes doing simple exercises with good form at 15/20 lbs. Everyone starts somewhere and doing it right is more important than doing it heavy.

How did you set up your routine?

I have a rowing machine and treadmill here now. Some dumbells, too. They're older models but they still work. Should that be fine? I live in the middle of nowhere right now and I am a foreigner here so I cant speak the language yet. Being at home is more comfortable for me at the moment.

I haven't talked to my father in 10 years. I havent talked to my mother since I told her I am cutting her off financially a few days ago. She went preachy on me and told me not to keep hatred and bitterness in my heart because that's not what she "taught" me. Apparently, it took her 28 years to realize that she had been leeching off of me and ruining my life and made me grow up to be an unhappy person because she traumatized me and made me clean up after her incompetence at a very young age. Since I was born, she had been used to using my child support and when that stopped, she started forcing me to face her creditors and then when I had a job she also leeched off of me until a few days ago. I lost my childhood, teenage years and early 20s because of her. I never made any lasting relationships and until now I dont know how it feels like to have real friends. Every relationship I ever had was flimsy and I never managed to forge a lasting connection because I had too much shit to deal with at home.

The kicker? When I told her how I felt and everything I have been keeping to myself, she had the gall to say:

"Don't tell other people about it because it's not nice to let other people know"

Like seriously, I have kept everything in since I was a kid because I was worried about her well being and didnt want to hurt her feelings but despite all the sacrifices, pain, misery, loss and sadness I endured, she had the gall to tell me THAT? She was more worried about what other people would think rather than what her own daughter feels. Before anything, I always knew she valued my abusive brother over me. She had this sick obsession with him. No matter how abusive and demanding he is, she will ALWAYS put him first over everything else, but strangers, too? I can understand if she puts my brother over me but strangers over me is just too much.

I am upset and I am trying to keep the anger with me because I know that if I dont force myself to be angry, I will end up supporting her again because I will feel sorry for her. I need to break out of this cycle so I have to continue being mad instead of feeling sorry for her.

Find a way to see a therapist if you want to lose weight and keep it off. Trying to do it with just willpower isn't enough sometimes to get through this kind of stuff, you can be motivated as fuck but if you keep having unresolved emotional issues bombarding you will feel like crap and not be able to keep to your routines and diet. It has nothing to do with being weak or anything, it's just a fact, if you are feeling like crap from other stuff it will make your fitness goals that much harder to stick with. If you don't fee you are improving with one therapist, then try another who has a different approach, you can and should reach a point where fitness feels good and comes naturally and is no longer itself a way of coping with stuff.

>How do you guys keep yourselves motivated? What do you do to stop yourself from stress eating or comfort eating? How do you stick to your plans?
You gotta make the plan in the first place. Set a time to go to bed, exercise, eat, etc., and stick to it. You'll find a sense of purpose. Like before and after the gym I'm thinking of all the things I can do to perform better and rattling off a mental checklist. It'll be a bit tedious at first, but you need to practice so you can get good and optimize the process. I haven't been to McDonalds in years, haven't drank pop since Christmas (and before that it was about 6 months), mostly sticking with water or sometimes coconut water, and a can of pringles has been replaced with binging on peanut butter and raisins. I know binging isn't good any way you do it, so I'm working on it, just like you should. Hope you make it, user

>She was more worried about what other people would think rather than what her own daughter feels
YEREVAN
E
R
E
V
A
N

I cant afford to support her. She is the reason why my dad refuses to talk to me. My dad and half brothers paid for my college but I lied about going and instead used the money to pay bills and put food on the table because my mom can't afford to pay for any of those. Right now I dont earn much and for the past year or so I have not been able to buy anything for myself. I couldnt afford to go out, eat out or even buy socks because I have to penny pinch just to send her money. I sometimes have savings but she will message out of the blue about some medical related shit and she needs money asap. I also paid for her surgery recently and she made me send way more than needed. She didnt even tell me that my aunt and her friend gave her money. I only found out from another aunt. She had over a $1000 in extra money and she used it up on god knows what. She is also in debt and I had to give her money every month. I always find myself left with enough money for gasoline each time she messages and 90% of the time the messages I receive from her are about her needing money.

>YEREVAN

Capital of Armenia?

I'll do just that. Thank you, user!

I will. I also feel I need one after all I have been through. I have just been looking at myself in the mirror and thinking about my life and I feel utterly defeated. I feel like crying a lot of times but the tears wont come out

this thread taught me an important lesson; dont assume people's genders

I know these feels. Don't know how to make a true friend as an adult now

Don't be mad at the psychologists because they couldn't help with your severe autism. For many people, just talking to someone whose job it is to listen is enough to make them feel better.

This made me snort

Pretty sad, right? I get anxious because I don't know how to act and I envy seeing friends being with friends or other people with best friends. I want that kind of connection but I dont know how

What was this? I seem to have missed it. Is it the same guy who keeps deleting his posts?

males stay friends until they have a reason not to and females only make friends when they have a reason to

theres a VERY REAL reason a lot females hate other females and often times seek the company of males.

>tfw went through break up a month ago.
>Tfw shes been going out and partying with people
>Tfw shes so smart that she can do that.
>Tfw I've been all alone studying 90% of the time cause I'm like the the Dumb kid in the Smart class when it comes to my major.
>Tfw still feel that emptiness in my heart

On one hand it hurts, I really loved her and she broke up with me to satisfy her crazy parents. It also kinda hurts that sudden;y she has all these "friends" that she's hanging out with when she never made time for me when we before we broke up

On the other hand though, fuck that cunt. I gave my heart to her and she threw it away. I wanted to try to fix our relationship and she couldn't even bother to make an effort and even insults me and tells me I'm not good enough for her. I hate her so much. Every time I push through on that last rep; Every time I sit down and study; every time I wrap my hands and start going at a punching bag, I feel that hate burn inside me. I want to be better mentally and physically, I want to prove that cold hearted, arrogant cunt she is wrong about me. That I'm the one who's better. I want to pass my classes, succeed, follow my dreams, and be fit as fuck.

We're all going to make it Veeky Forums

and don't forget, bitches ain't nothing but hoes and tricks

Is this /r9k/ now..?

Veeky Forums has always been /r9k/ with lifting

>Capital of Armenia?
Yeah, instead of, you know
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

omg did u just misgender me?

Why dont you beat that fucking faggot to a fucking pulp.

It is now.
The loserettes(yes even the lezzies) from /r9k/ came here because of a cbt thread one day and set up shop. Place is filled with half naked athletic agressive horny emotionally vulnerable men of various body types. It was like a fat kid in a candy store for them.
The losers followed them because..that's what thirsty losers do.

Then came the tfwnogf thread and not being chad and other bullshit.

But many of them decided to or are in the process of getting fit and cleaning up their acts, so something good came out of it.

I'm not sure what this haas to do with my thread but.... ok?

He's awful. We had fights when we were kids and he'd come at me with a metal pipe and broke our doors several times because he wanted to literally cripple me. I have permanent scars because of him. He has no concept of how and when to stop.

Anonymous 04/11/17(Tue)12:49:11 No.41038417 (Dead)
Don't be mad at the psychologists because they couldn't help with your severe autism. For many people, just talking to someone whose job it is to listen is enough to make them feel better.

Its better to cut your contacts with your whole family then.
Still then I would probably beat him into coma,a few broken ribs tend to solve mental problems very quick,this is a fucked up situation you are in.

Yeah, I wish I could learn how to banter and just relax with people but I always feel so uptight and judgemental. Hard to overcome but I try every day.

Also hard to just meet people with a similar outlook as you in general.

I always understood how fucked up my situation it but my mother had no desire to change it and when I did try to change it, she would accuse me of trying to usurp her throne as mother. She would humiliate me and announce I have no right to act a certain way because I am JUST her offspring. If she wasnt so fucked up I would have been able to handle my brother and prevent him from what he is right now but my mom made it very clear that I have no say and she also accused me of being a "slut, whore, high and mighty bitch" among so many choice words because she was afraid of not being the top dog. She always loved to proclaim that she is the mother but I was the one paying for everything and working to feed them.

I really wanted to beat my brother up and even considered paying other people to do it for me. He was/is beyond salvaging. For several years of my life, I would wake up to him coming home at 3-4am and screaming at my mom any time of the day, calling her a whore, slut, bitch, stupid amongst other things simply because she woke him up to eat or asked him to take the garbage out.

kek I assumed you werent a grill.
just cut contacts with her and family,she doesnt feel sorry for you nor gives a fuck about you,why do you ?

I already cut her off like what I said in the OP.

I just want to find ways to keep myself motivated to get fit and how to do it

As much as your mom is a cunt I think you do have to reflect internally and take some personally responsibility before you can move forward. You can't just go everything is my moms fault because it's going to see a bad precedence for your future. Take this as a learning experience and especially take this lesson into future romantic and business relationships because you don't want that same manipulation to repeat.

You're right. I do take personal responsibility. I let them take it that far and it's my fault. I could have said no