Anyone else solo lift here?

anyone else solo lift here?

It's not like I have a choice

Most of the time because I work out at night at my firehall when nobody is there

Same my guy

Solo lift because everyone else has retarded programs or completely random ones

Well i mean i prefer it usually.

homegym master race in my basement so that's neat. At college, i know the gym bros but we all have our own routines.

What about spotters tho?

>when u realize that u love spending time by yourself because you are a completely uninteresting person around others

feels bad man

You don't need spotters IG you aren't going full retard with heavy weights. this is especially true for dumbell exercises

>solo lifters
Does this act really deserve a term? I can lift with friends, but I go lifting at pretty inconvenient times (eg 6AM 11PM) under the week. So I usually lift alone, ye

95 percent of the time I do. I smoke before workouts, so I like keeping to myself. Sometimes I'll work out with my buddy though

I hate working out with others, they always take too long, recommend u crap exercises, and they just talk on and on without a break whatsoever

Came here to post this. It's my training and I'm a tyrant.

Yep best way to lift. Smash some quality preworkout Chuck the head phones in and get in the zone.

So far if ive been lifting with someone they talk to bloody much when i want to lift and They are unreliable.

My gainz aint waiting on no niggah. I dont go to the gym to socialize. Its 100% srs business

Only need spotters on chest day. Squat rack has safeties, no other exercise would need a spotter.

>tfw squatting max and fail the set, setting the bar down on the safeties
>tfw there are tons of college cuties at my gym watching me fail a 2.5 plate squat on the 4th rep
Life is suffering.

I lift by myself because:
1. Lifting with others takes too damn long and I wanna get in and get out of the gym asap
2. Most of my friends don't lift as much as I do or can't handle my programing
3. Many of my friends do retarded routines

I do everything solo because it turns out people arent attracted to autists

>used to lift with my friend who introduced me to lifting
>we go to the gym every day
>he lifts way more than me, so I'm always pushing myself to catch up
>we make a new friend at the gym
>he starts tagging along with us
>but working out with 3 people takes like 3 hours
>so somedays I decided to work out alone cause I don't want to work with 3
>whenever I did that, the other guy texted my gym buddy and asked to work out
>now they work out together and I work out alone

And that's how it goes, I guess. :(

No one knows how to spot for a squat. Use the rails as it is much safer than having Joe Blow try and pick you up by your waist while you have a heavy barbell on your shoulders.

No one has an OHP max that they can't safely rack or reverse clean to the ground.

Bench press should use spotters, sure, but maybe practice the roll of shame.

Lol gg the beta loses again.

Yes because home gym

I mean I wasn't gonna homo-erotically fight for my friends attention from another dude like a side-chick.

What happened, happened, it just sucks to not have a lifting buddy anymore.

Its better. Having that fun workout with a friend here and there is all good but if you actually have things to do and places to be a 2hr workout of 10min lifting and 110min joking is a waste of time. Solo is just efficient and quick.

I solo lift at my gym, i prefer doing it solo because having others along with you slows you down so much its ridiculous plus its tedious to arrange gym dates with people fuck that.

The only people who need other people to lift with are insecure people, no matter how huge they are.

>Using clips on bench press
>Needing a spotter to not fucking die or hurt yourself

Bench press without spotting is fucking fine. If I fail a rep I just tilt the weights off to one side then the other because I'm not a fucking retard who uses clips. Related pic is mfw tilting weights to side

The fear of death is what gives you that extra push to hit PRs

>implying I have a potential person to lift with

Yes. My music, no headphones. No waiting for fucking anything. Supersets/circuits without putting anyone else off. No codependent horseshit/scheduling conflicts. Actually having to motivate my fucking self. No shit advice. No chit chat. Leave whatever wherever and put it away when I'm fucking done. Ass sweat on the machines is all my own. Can be autistic. It's pretty fucking decent.

Would be nice to meet some fit ladies in this world of fat acceptance and halfassery, but that's probably just another distraction.

I got me and my little bro a gym membership... he got fucking ripped, I didn't. I stopped paying gym membership for him.

Absolutely

None of my friends lift

One did but he stopped. Working out is better alone anyway. Less time wasting, bullshitting, more gains making. Also 90% of people at my gym are there alone

>failing a squat at 275
Not gonna make it

Used to love lifting by myself. There's no one to bother you and you can get your shit done in your own time. This past Christmas, my mom got my lil bro a gym membership and wanted me to take him with me. I resented the idea of dragging him along with me.

After a while though, I started to enjoy his company. Mom says that he wanted to have big muscles just like me. It also makes me feel like i have a purpose in life as his coach. Feels good man. Lil bro starting to make some gains.

A little brother is the best gym companion I had. When I was 17 he was 13, 5'10" maybe 100 lbs soaking wet. He's 15, 6' and 140lbs pic related (him last summer).

lil bros everywhere are gonna make it

Solo because themy bro i bought the membership with is weak. Im gonna go to the gym and work out and become great. Even if my bro quits

>tried lifting with a friend
>he squats on the smith machine
>does this every workout

What ABOUT spotters amirite

W-what's wrong with smith machine squats?

unnatural ROM

you right

I can't stand lifting with others unless they're on par with me

>the other day
>bro wants to work out
>he used to roid and was into bodybuilding
>love him to death
>find out has no concept of compound lifts
>our mutual friend is at gym and wants to work in
>there are three of us, one of us is using correct form and not rushing thru the reps
>one of us isnt jumping during ohp
>one of us is autistic goes full REEEEEE inside
>"lol dude just dont go all the way down if you cant finish your last set of pull ups"
>felt all rushed and left the gym kind of pissed
>never again

I have also adapted well to this lonely culture of individualism. You're doing ok when all the internal screaming stops. It is then that you have assimilated.

Lots of hobbies and finding things you're passionate about helps.

This

You can also just do the roll of shame. No big deal.

Yup, I actually prefer it that way.
Each time I move to a new city, start a new job, they'll be one or two guys who want to start going to the gym with me.
It's cool that they do it, but man, it's awful. They don't listen to anything you have to say, run around like children on espresso, "Damn, just did 50 reps on that machine, II can feel my muscles getting big already."
Still, it's good bonding for work, and gets me a few months off/half-price via sponsoring.

it is a big deal if you're using big boy weights

>tfw home gym master race
>wanted to start pushing myself even further on bench so I start inviting one friend over
>we're pretty evenly matched so things go fairly smoothly
>he starts inviting a mutual friend of ours that wants to get out of skelly mode
>think it's fine, we just have to start swapping the weights an extra time every couple sets, no big deal
>eventually skelly's group of friends start hearing about our workout nights and want a piece of the action too
>they just come over on random days without even asking
>sometimes there's six fucking people crammed into my shitty shed
>barely anyone gets anything done anymore, half the time they're there is spent talking
>too polite to just say fuck off, some of them genuinely are making progress
>started lifting at night just so I can keep up my normal routine

Trust me guys, lonely lifting is the true master race.

If you don't have some kind of medical condition that legitimately forces you to use a Smith machine then there's no fucking (good) reason to use a Smith machine. Free weights are superior in every way.

i personally use the smith machine just to trigger fags like you

fpbp

Yeah I solo lift. Wearing earbuds makes it easier to zone out and concentrate on the fact that I have zero friends.

>Tilting the bar and letting heavy metal plates fall over the floor

You will look like a retard to everyone though and it will be super embarrassing.

>tfw gone threw 5 gym bros

better than being you with your little penis and high voice

If you're in a commercial gym there's no fucking reason to bench without the safeties. If they don't have a bench with safeties or a power rack, switch gyms. Don't leave pounds on the table for fearing a failed rep.

how far can you throw a gym bro?

So what learn to not give a fuck about what others think

Yes, but not by choice.
>tfw you haven't had a friend since middle school

>comfy home gym master race reporting in

>jumping during ohp
What?

Death would be a welcome release, that or a PR

Jelly as fuk, have to wake up at 6 in the morning and even then I have to wait years to use the FUCKING bench when it's not even Monday, I literally want to die.

>b-but some faggot I don't know might not like me
This is the opposite of making it

t. lonelyfag

This is fucking stupid unless you're dyel. I'm not going to tilt the fucking bar when I have 2pl8+ on there you fucking retard, it'd going flying the other way and I'd probably injure myself more than the roll of shame.

I have about 20 friends who also signed up at our local gym (I introduced them to lifting or motivated them to start again because I wanna see them succeed) and about 30 others whomst've'st I also know from private life like school or something and sometimes it's awesome but sometimes it sucks.

Somehow everyone does his own stuff but we have our quick chit chat in revovery time

>kettlebells
>rogue pl8's
>rowing machine
What kind of crossfit faggot are you?

I went with a friend once who has some autistic tendencies. I don't like bringing attention to myself since I'm DYEL but he would yell shit like "Come on you got this! Push!" Even though people don't care, it still feels embarrassing.

pls don't bby i don't want you to get hurt

This.

>arms giving out
>realize I could die
>fight or flight instincts kick in and I become strong enough to lift the bar
>do it again

Who here /unfriendly/?

>benching
>one guy asks if he can work in
>"No"
>he just paces about awkwardly and walks off

such an asshole kek

This.
I can't lift with other people

Why don't you just ask someone there to spot your attempt?

Currently at 1.1/2.1/3.5/3.5 lifts. I've never went to the gym with anyone else and barely even spoken to anyone.

While having someone there to get competitive with can be good, I'm convinced the distractions are worse than the benefits. People have started talking to me now I'm a bit bigger but I mostly try to just nod and get on with it

Please be troll

Pretty sure you're the one with autistic tendencies.

>when ur spotter keeps helping u half way through your lift killin yo gainz but u gym alone so u stealin ur own gainz

>shitty facebook meme
you have to go back

FPBP

...like always

Due to my solo lifting (not like I have a choice) I have started doing "suicide lifts". Kinda exciting/dangerous, if anything.

I lift solo 99% of the time. The only two people I'll lift with are my brother who knows way more than me, or this psycho but funny as fuck dude who knows nothing and wants to get big.

>tfw you and your gymbro just grew apart

>putting effort into replying to a post to be 'meme police'

go back annoying runt, absolute fucking nerd

Yes, in a secret gym because Muslim cyberstalkers are after me.

Friends:
>Wanna go to the gym?
ME:
>No, I can't today.

Black Roommate
>Ay yo hol up lemme jawg with you
Me: Actually I'm not sure I'm going to. My knees are kinda sore. I'll b\probably just come right back. Don't worry about it.

My older brother had muscular dystrophy and died. I lift for him.

I can only lift when someone is either appreciative of my desire to scream and also myself in the face or when I am feeling like nobody else matters to me there.

I occasionally lift with a friend. I prefer lifting on my own though, shit takes longer lifting with other people.