Why the fuck is refined sugar still used so widely?

Why the fuck is refined sugar still used so widely?
This shit should be fucking outlawed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCUbvOwwfWM
youtube.com/watch?v=ApKsdvGCGJw
youtube.com/watch?v=XNquMyUCCYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Why
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

youtube.com/watch?v=aCUbvOwwfWM

>watch this
>fucking rage

I try to explain to my fucking room mate that the reason he feels hungry all the time and is becoming a lard ass in college is because he eats simple sugars all the time and drinks his calories.

Stupid bastard is so envious of my 'metabolism' like that fucking matters at all.

>do a fat line of cocaine and go downtown
>within an hour I have an intense craving for another line that I can't resist
>not doing another line makes me anxious and the come down is horrible

>eat a snickers bar
>go about the rest of my day feeling guilty for the useless calories I just ingested
>be sure to cut out some calories the next day to make up for it

Yeah man! It's not the fatties fault!!!! Sugar affects the brain just like cocaine!!!

>This shit should be fucking outlawed.
Why? Just don't fucking eat it you irresponsible manchild.

I worked at a cafe on campus while going to school, and people are fucking retarded and brainwashed. They literally dont understand how bad sugar is

>Ill take a large mocha latte, add vanilla syrup
>make that nonfat pls

Bitch, that not fat is not going to help you

Shush fag, this doesn't disregard personal responsibility at all, but as the example above points out as does the documentary, people simply don't understand. The market is flooded with so much disinfo and literal garbage masquerading as "health food." People don't get that fruit juice is just as bad as soda. People with a lot of power make a lot of money off of keeping people misinformed. I know alot of people that go on "juice cleanses" because their PT sold them on the idea.

I won't deny that. But it is the job of a citizen to remain informed. If you're eating shit that you think is healthy, but you start putting on a fuck-ton of weight, its on you to figure out wtf you're doing wrong.

You should rage at this, but for a different reason. It's a form of fat pandering. Reassuring the fat person watching that it's not their fault they're fat, they did nothing wrong, it's the system that's to blame. It features diet guru quacks like Mark Hyman and Gary Taubes who tell the viewer all they need to do is eat a scientifically backwards low carb, high saturated fat diet (because somehow not eating refined sugar means eating no carbs at all).

"It's the GOVERNMENT that made you fat! The system let you down!" even though the government has made diet guidelines and large programs designed to get people eat specifically eat less sugar and processed foods and more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

If you don't shovel yourself full of added sugars and fat chances are you won't get overweight really fast. However you will fuck up your arteries/liver/heart/insulin sensitivity etc. which will maybe get you a disease in your 40s and you won't even know why. If even the official position is full of shit you can't really blame the public.

Redpill; guess who pays the government to provide that nutrition advice. Lel food companies. The whole grain shills. Low carb high fat works partly because you are avoiding whole grains and fucking up your blood sugar. Insulin is the fat storing hormone and it is constantly released when you eat carbs. Carbs really arent the true enemy here. Plenty of people eat carbs and are fine. Whole grains on the other hand cause body wide inflammation and disrupt the bodies processes. Source? check out a book called wheat belly, a cardiologist dives right into the problem citing studies and research

The government is also at fault though. Everybody is at fault. Even many doctors give shit advice and have misconceptions. And the individuals are stupid for thinking that microwaving is a form of cooking and not reading the labels of the food they buy.

> Source? check out a book called wheat belly, a cardiologist dives right into the problem citing studies and research

You're a gullible idiot

Let me guess, you are eating gluten-free now?

As expected of someone saying "redpill". Moron.

Take a fucking gander at the garbage that passes as food for school lunches. It literally is a government that is essentially controlled via lobbying by extremely rich interests so that people stay confused and misinformed.

Why do you think you don't see a recommended daily intake for sugar on food packaging?

Once again I dont get how people like you can only think in black and white. Recognizing that there is a lot of money pouring into keeping people misinformed does not mean disregarding personal responsibility.

>Bitch, that not fat is not going to help you

Except it will.
It's fat that's getting stored as fat. Most excess carbs are burned off.

>Most excess carbs are burned off.
The fuck?

>Most excess carbs are burned off.
>excess carbs
>burned
>what is metabolism?
>what is insulin and what does it do?

Look up the efficiency of de novo lipogenesis.

What DOES it do?

Lipogenesis is the process when your body turns extra carbs into fat you retard. That ain't exactly "burned off".

You're implying that if people were informed about how exactly to eat for their health that they would do it. Healthier countries have citizens who are not more informed about their health but are healthier simply because their diets are culturally different. America's culture is socially tolerant towards obesity and the foods that cause it.

Food companies do lobby and try to sway government policies but they aren't so confusing that people are thinking pizza and coke are healthy. People aren't trying to eat well in the first place, they're trying to eat whatever tastes good. It's on the consumer to not buy these blatantly unhealthy foods. And if you're going to blame the government for a part in it, it's dishonest to say they were forcing the donuts and candybars on you when that's clearly the opposite of what they want you to eat. And they do want you to eat well because the healthcare burden of all these obese people eating like dogshit costs way more each year than any industry could hope to offer as a bribe.

this

Look up the prevalence and efficiency you troglodyte.

There is nothing quite as funny in the world today as the American obsession with the harms of sugar and their total lack of nutritional understanding or scientific literacy. It's almost like a cartoon, you can imagine all these fat retards running round the room in hysteria screaming "sugar! sugar!" while chowing down on their fried chicken double bacon cheeseburger dipped in lard and praying to baby Jesus that sugar be banished from the world. All these gullible obese morons who fashion themselves experts because they watched some brainwashing propaganda piece with ominous music that used "sciency" words like fructose and insulin. Then they read some fake news article about the evil sugar industry controlling all nutritional research for the past 60 years and that settles it for them - out to the store for another 2 dozen eggs, a pound of butter, a family size package of bacon and some double cream, making sure to avoid the apple baskets on the way through the store. Honestly it's a blessing that this widespread idiocy will just cause more of you fuckers to die off quickly.

Duh, the opposite of refined sugar is butter and lard. If sugar is bad, those are healthy by default.

Try and make a ketofag eat an apple.

youtube.com/watch?v=ApKsdvGCGJw
youtube.com/watch?v=XNquMyUCCYI

In case you didn't get the memo, the anti-sugar craze goes hand in hand with the carbphobia craze. They are part of the same propaganda onslaught, pushed by the same people with the same financial backers. And if you can't get your calories from carbs, you have to get them from fat.

It's not like anybody in the government or the scientific establishment ever told people to eat sugar. The US nutritional guidelines have been telling people to cut down on sugar from the beginning - it just happens to be the case that only about 1-2% of the US population at most actually follow all of the government health and nutritional advice.

It's cheap and you can usually use lower quality ingredients in your product since the sugar will mask the poor taste. I don't believe it should be banned though, if you're a brainlet who can't think for yourself and have not the tiniest bit of self control then you deserve to suffer all the negative effects of sugar.

Do you really think the government is out to save money? Have you noticed:
1. The extreme loans the government is taking
2. The constant growth of the government?
It's not their money, they are not looking to save. The government is a big fat parasite that is just getting bigger and bigger. Government officials are payed, with what money? Taxpayers money. When they spend money, it's not their money, they don't care. The gov does not want the best for its citizens, it wants the best for the gov. If only i could make people understand this.

>muh sugar white death nooo
>hydrogenated palm oil is fine though

samefagging much? Gullible, hardly. Rather, willing to question whats commonly accepted. Spoiler: its not always what it seems

>3 people tell him he's a retard
>SAMEFAGGING
>I KNOW THE DEEP DARK HIDDEN TRUTH
Your "evidence" book is utter shit and has been refuted thoroughly. Fuck off.

Sure thing senpai
It's a shit book and you know it

>triggered this bad
wew lad. you're right. my book is shit better go off myself

you're so edgy

Yeah, the "commonly accepted wisdom" that refined sugar and refined grains are super healthy.

you'd be suprised

Yes, I would be surprised if you could find some evidence that refined sugar is widely considered a health food

Shits great. Goes good on my already frosted flakes

you left out refined grains. Literally any protein bar, "healthy" cereal, or any other processed shit masquerading as health food. You really that retarded? Low fat is the meme these days. People are consuming refined sugar by the bucketful. Those low fat foods are all PACKED with sugar. Not sure how you didnt already know this bud.

>Not sure how you didnt already know this bud.
I am familiar with the hard evidence of what people in the Western world actually eat, which is a high-fat moderate-high-protein diet. You only go by what you some keto ideologue told you and what fits your conspiracy-based anti-intellectualism.

mate, i'm going to bed. Good chat. night

It's funny how those people convince themselves that something special is common and therefore their actually mainstream opinion is important and unique. Then they go on to "redpill" similarly confused people. And they all meet on /pol/ to create what is the by far worst board.

>you left out refined grains
Literally 4 posts above .

Sugar is the perfect food .... every thing you eat doesn't need to be some organic shit storm.
no bad chemicals just pure brain food...ya your [pin headed brain only uses sugar ya shit head the bunk about sugar is too funny

Still waiting, what is it that you think insulin does?

>brain only uses sugar

maybe yours does if you are this dumb

something I think everyone would find interesting ITT

I work at a place that caters to super luxury clients. To wipe your nose there costs money, to go there costs status and money. Well fuck it, I work on a super luxury hunting ranch and we regularly charge $20k- $200k for clients or small groupa to come hunt massive whitetail or exotics. This is just for weekends.

U.S. sugar has rented the whole resort/ camp out for their executives for the whole deer season for the past 8 years.

it is unlike anything Ive ever seen. Even oil companies just do weekendsr at the ranch. They must really fucking like hunting or have a gigantic play fund for thier guys.

just don't eat meat and you'll be fine

>not using coke to cut
never gonna make it

Sugar or acetoacetate, the brain can't really metabolise anything else. I mean it doesn't matter for non-diabetics but he's technically right

That's glucose and ketons, your primary and secondary fuel. Not sure what the point is but if it would only be sugar you'd die after a few days fasting.

wonder who's paying all the pro-sugar shills itt...

Everything in moderation faggots. Don't eat more that 30 g a day and you should be fine.

This. Fuck the low carb zealots

>Everything in moderation
Such a retarded slogan. No idea who picked that but it's plain retarded. "Hey that shit's dangerous and unhealthy. Let's just say it's fine in moderation".

>sugar or ketones
>technically only sugar

does it make you erect when you contradict yourself, brah?

Everyone has known alcohol is generally bad for you for thousands of years. If it tastes good or makes you feel good, people don't care about the consequences.

dude, he already answered that. look up lipogenesis.

example - inhaling smoke, petrol fumes, burnt plastic, meth, brap

>dietary fat makes you fat
>excess carbs burned off

Wew laddie

simple
carbs make you into a controllable good goy.
Aryan germanic ubermensch didn't eat cucked carbies, guess why kike boy.

This.
The state wants one thing, the destruction of the nation.

>95% of Americans will be obese within the next 15 years
How fucking braindead retarded do you have to be to believe that?

The dose makes the poison. 1 drink will not harm you to any significant degree, unless you're an alcoholic who can't stop at one.

Similarly, a bit of sugar everyday won't harm you. 125 grams will either crowd out other nutrients or make you gain weight.

great argument

>Citing a book that makes arguments via creative interpretation of scientific papers and has long been debunked.

Thanks for playing user. Try again next time.

>the government should control what people can and can't eat
You're wrong, but take this to >