What's the best way to get to benching lmao 2pl8?

what's the best way to get to benching lmao 2pl8?

by benching a min of 3x/week

increase volume or frequency
work on all technical issues
apply focus to weak points
peak yourself before the attempt, as you would for a meet

>tfw on 5/3/1
>tfw bench is only lacking lift at 205 when it should be closer to 245
Should i add an extra bench day lads?

Doing 5/3/1 at less than 2pl8 bench
>never gonna make it

I can deadlift 5pl8 and squat 3.5 pl8 tho. Just a shit bencher. You also did the meme backwards it should be
>doing 5/3/1 at less than 2pl8 bench
Never gonna make it
It's ok though newfriend.

just try another benching program until you stall then switch back to 531. 28 free 3x int high is solid

Thanks user I'll check it out.

This and to a lesser degree this
2pl8 is not babbyweight so you do need some technical knowledge.

You are obviously better than me then. Still your bench can recover much faster than only ones a week. Try every other day or 72 hours in between!

Check out deadlift dynamite, has an almost endless number of form tips and accessory exercises.

Yeah looks like higher frequency is my best bet. I bought Wendlers new book so I'll look through that to see what he suggests as well

Try putting 2pl8 on the bar and benching it. That's usually the quickest way to bench 2pl8.

"Local dyel decapitated after attempting 2pl8 their first workout"

On SS/Greyskull I couldn't get past 70kg/155lbs Bench, switched to PPL and had no problem going up to 90kg/200lbs. Still have to hit 2plates though

5/3/1 is the worst program i've ever run for my bench, i actually regressed

bench 3x a week with higher volume

ayy lmao i'm doing 3x int high right now, great program

I still kinda want to hear about a bench version of bodyweight squats.

Sometimes it's psychological. I used to do swiss ball dumb bell bench as an accessory. You don't have to go heavy, but the lack of stability means you got to get tight, know you're tight and stable, and then really push through. Heavy dumbbell bench on a bench also works some smaller supporting muscles more. Recommend both.

5/3/1 is not a good intermediate program no matter what anyone says.

yeah i agree, low frequency, low volume, dumb AMRAP set that kills your ability to do volume that day

it might work well for people who have other sports and lift only as an accessory to that

what is? Im about to stall on my lifts and want to change up SL
70kg bench, seems like I have a kgs more in me but after that not sure

3x5 bp alternating with 3x5 ohp and after some time you'll find 2pl easy
srs

These videos of that girl doing her ridiculous broken back arch and "benching" 100kg (225lbs) fuck me off so much. She literally couldn't even bench 40KG with proper form.

Absolutely retarded.

I believe Texas Method is a typical one to go on to. Madcow 5x5 is another I used to hear a lot about.

I do bullshit like Bulgarian style lifting and 20 rep squat routines so I never really did one.

try greg nuckols 3 day beginner bench

its great if you're stalling on sl or ss, still linear progression but just shitloads of volume

They're right. Aim for hypertrophy. I've benched 3pl8s on a regular 8-12 scheme. Long after i tried 3x5, but its shyte (for me)

By doing starting strength and adding weighted dips on OHP days and maybe lying triceps extensions after your bench.

>running 5/3/1
>ever
shiggydiggydoo

red pill me on this

Does it trigger you so much because you can't bench 100kg?

I was thinking of replacing OHP of SS with bench press and do only bench press

would that be a bad idea?

Work on technique first.
Having a tight setup. Shoulders depressed and retracted, lats engaged, core tight with good leg drive can be the difference.

Second hop on a good tried and tested benching routine.

Third make sure you're eating and sleeping enough. Getting that good recovery

Change OHP to incline

progressive overload

I tried it like you suggested and it fatiqued me very quickly. You could try doing light bench presses on the middle day but I would highly recommend sticking to the program and doing press as instructed.

how do i into this mode?

Bro, when you stop getting linear gains switch it up to intermediate. If you want more linear gains than SS allows you could try switching to a latter phase Reg Parks routine which halves the progression by introducing front squats. A 20 rep squat routine requires a certain level of mental resolve as you are taking your 10 rep max squat AND JUST DOING 20 REPS WITH IT TWICE A WEEK. That's an immediate 15% increase in theoretical 1 rm (10 reps is about 75% 1 rm, 20 is about 65%) which on paper is insane. Also each session you increase the load by 5lbs. Again a little more linear progression. I love doing shit like this but it's not for everyone.

Bulgarian is like doing an intermediate routine but you smoosh everything into one day and you lift every day. This again is linear progression at a decent pace and hard psychologically. It may also not be for you physically.

Intermediate routines increase linearly too but not every workout, you have cycles where you progress to lifting heavy again and each cycle you lift a little more.

just don't alternate and do bench twice, or do bench twice and then incline or close grip bench on the middle day

>dat cheat arch

Might as well do an 80 degrees decline bench.

Anyone suggesting 531 is a troll, u will regress.

I bench once a week for 3 sets and have been making PRs, frequency fangs BTFO

Just rest a couple hours between sets, I'm assuming u have a home gym and aren't a poorfag?

2pl8 is just 20kg on each side right?

40kg each side

its 40kg on each side you mong

2pl8 = two 20kg/45lb plates per side

I know this is honna sound harsh but it is baby weight. Eat more bench 3x a week and whatever amount of set you are doing do more and add more weight you most likely lift too light and not enough.

Anyone have an opinion on Madcow for bench? Only benching Monday and Friday but get in OHP on Wednesday.

She got 41 cm biceps, it's fair to say she's pretty strong even without the retarded form.

5/3/1 sucks because when Wendler ripped off BFS - the hs football program that he did when playing - he took out all the intensity and volume of work in the main lifts and turned it into "accessory lifts: the program" and then spent the next few books trying to fix it by adding joker sets, last set first, etc. BFS does TWO MAIN LIFTS each day and does bench 2x a week (one traditional and one variant) and often had incline or overhead on the 3rd day as an accessory.
BFS also did THREE TOUGH SETS instead of only one for each main lift, and WHEN THEY SAID 3X3 THEY MEANT IT WAS TOUGH TO GET EXTRA REPS. Wendler sucks donkey dick and I hope he loses all the money he got from ripping off BFS and I wish they had sued him, but nowadays they mostly sell equipment to schools I guess.

Here is a version of BFS layout that is simple to do and will work FAR better than 5/3/1. Screenshot this. Fuck you Wendler.
> Each week has its own target weight for each main lift. No bullshit training max.
> Week 1: 3x3. Sets across. Typical +5lbs/-10% progression, AMRAP last set. Maybe add another 5lbs per extra rep made, you really don't want to be hitting lots of extra reps desu, 3x3 means 3x3.
> Week 2: 5x5 same as above. Use 3x5 if you lack time to workout.
> Week 3: 5-4-3-2-1 ramping 80-85-90-95-100% of target. Use 5-3-1 and 80-90-100% if you lack time.
> Week 4: 10-8-6 ramping 80-90-100% for most lifts, 4-4-2 same ramping for Deadlift and Olympic variants.
> Monday: Squat, Bench
> Wednesday: Clean, Deadlift. If you don't like Cleans, do Overhead Press.
> Friday: Front Squat, Close Grip Bench.
> Accessories: make a list of either 6 or 9 compounds that you like. Do either 2 or 3 each day, 2x10 for most lifts, 2x5 if you use an Olympic variant like Snatch or Push Jerk.
> Tue/Thu for conditioning, sprinting, plyometrics.

>TECHNIQUE

It's all about learning to getting tight and staying tight through the movement.

Barbell bench press is an ego lift. Switch to dumbell presses and you'll make strength gains.

I was stuck at 205 bp for a few months, switch to db and worked my way up to 100x6 reps in 2 months and tried 225 on bp and it went up easy as fuck. Back to db at 110x5 for maybe 2 more months for 255ish

Why is benching fucking up my shoulder joint at the back, level with the collarbone? Dips do this also

tfw can only do 1 pl8 without my wrists exploding

Fpbp

I actually like 5/3/1s "boring but big" accessories idea, helped me bust some plateaus. Rest of the program sux tho.

bar is 20kg + 1pl8 = 40 kg

That's your rotator cuff. Bad form most likely

Good thing he was wearing sandals.

do you have shit form? also, engage your traps and pull those shoulders down when you're doing dips. don't let them move up.

How and why the fuck do people arch their back like this? Fuck!

I can bench nearly 300 with my back flat. I have a friend who can do 365 with a flat back.

Because powerlifting is about lifting as much weight as possible, and since this technique is perfectly legal in powerlifting, it would be unwise to refrain from using it

it's baby weight if you're over 6ft, not so much for manlets

I think you're missing context. You need some idea of technique when you're benching 100kg, whereas not too much before that it doesn't matter so much.

There's one of you in every thread. What happened was you hit a plateau and changed your programming and then increased strength.

THAT. DOES. NOT. MAKE. BARBELL. BENCH. PRESS. AN. EGO. LIFT.

I see manlets benching way more than 6'+ guys

Yeah, because of leverages and energy output.

Natural Powerlifting is a 5'9" and below man's game.
It's why all of the SKWAT R UR A PUZZY and 5x5OR YOUR NOT REALLY WORKING OUT type guys are normal height or shorter.
They excell in that stuff.

>not doing one side loaded barbell bench

I always seem to get leg cramps during my later sets which is worrisome as ive came close to dropping the bar on myself once or twice. Anyone have anyideas on how to fix this?

it's an ego lift bc most people agree that dumbbells are superior but people wanna look like they're pushing the most weight possible

no, most people don't agree

fuck off idiot

dumbbell anything is a meme, i've never touched a dumbbell to do anything but rows and i bench 3pl8 after 1 year or lifting

It triggers me because I CAN bench 100kg and know it takes actual muscle to be able to do it.

Pushups man, are you serious?

Ya no Im a manlet you just need to bench more and put on weight if you are struggling you probably don't take in enough to grow.

Dumbbells aren't a meme. They're a great and easy way to get accessories into your routine

>t. 400 pound guy

Pushups are like 70% bw. Plus that'll be a reference to an user who was told here that anyone vaguely healthy should be able to do a bodyweight squat, then proceeded to put near his bodyweight in plates on the bar and tried to squat that with no gym experience whatsoever.

Obviously the guy went to snapcity general.