High Bar Squatters BTFO

High Bar Squatters BTFO
>muh olympic weightlifters
Think again, faggot:
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z25RPfvAec

Rippetoe was right again.
There is L I T E R A L L Y ZERO Reason not to lowbar squat.

What is your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KVMOqfnG65U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>alan thrall

>Americans speaking on behalf of a sport they can't even get a bronze in

you just wait until the light of Rippetoe shines upon the whole weightlifting world!

>2017
>cultivating in-crowd/out-crowd mentality for a type of lift.
>being this autistic

I'm just trying to help tbqh famalam. The Low bar Squat is clearly superior and by not doing it you are missing out on tons of gains

In my own expirience high bar is a great quad exercise and low bar is a great glute exercise

>le targeting specific muscles meme
never going to make it. Unless you're a gay ass oiled up bodybuilder

youtube.com/watch?v=KVMOqfnG65U

Low bar is counterproductive for Oly lifters since it trains you to squat without an upright torso.

At what point during the competition lifts do you have the bar on your back and squat?
That's right, never. The back squat is not very specific to weightlifting, its ROM and mechanics are different from the competition lifts anyways, it's only used to build overall strength, which can be achieved better with the low bar squat.

Then why do all top level Oly lifters have fairly impressive high-bar back squats?

because they've been memed

You're missing the point. Low bar squatting trains you to get into a squat position with your torso leaning over. This is the exact opposite of what you want for Oly lifting. You want a very upright torso. If your goal is Oly lifting, training low bar squat is intentionally drilling bad habits into your mind.

If your goal is Oly lifting, everything you do is about carrying over to the snatch and C&J. The body position of a high bar squat is much more similar to Oly lifts than the low bar squat.

Any additional strength gains from low bar over high bar are totally negated by the fact that it trains your muscle memory to go into a squat position that is bad for the Oly lifts.

None of this shit matters since all the high bar squatters are taking home golds while the US can't even fucking place in competition.

Lowbar is a US invention because most people here have absolutely shit hip flexibility

what is the front squat

Yeah they do those too. If you're training Bulgarian you do front squats exclusively.

high bar is mostly about ankles

What about front squats? Or just alternating between the 3 types of squats depending on the training day?

I low bar squat and do cleans and I don't feel like my torso position in the low bar affects my front squat out of the clean.

Back squats are a better driver for overall strength than front squats, but are less task-specific to weightlifting than front squats. It's common for Oly lifts to train heavy back squats at the start of a training cycle, then progress to higher volume front squats closer to competition.

It's established that training low bar squats extensively leads to poor receiving positions for the snatch and clean. If your goal is progressing on Oly lifts, there's zero purpose to doing a squat variation that will hinder your snatch and clean rather than carry over.

You should video your clean and compare your receiving position to competitive lifters. I mean if Oly lifts aren't your goal than who cares if you have a sub-optimum clean, but we're in a thread about squat variations for Oly lifting.

can we at least agree that *unless you are a competitive weightlifter* there is no reason not to lowbar squat

she could peck my pecker if you know what i mean

seriously, that voice. hnngghhh

what is better for aesthetic gains??
Ass gains for a girl,
Low bar
or
High bar ?

Sorry its confusing

>Taking Olympic weightlifting advice from non-soviet countries

Jej

As someone who actually trains Bulgarian from a Bulgarian coach; we back squat maybe once a month of not once every 1,5 months. Front squats every day.

low bar

>using anecdotal evidence
>claiming btfo

Do you niggers even oly lift. Of course high bar ATG squats are best for oly lifting. If you don't understand that you need to get your fucking head checked.

why though?
Could you explain or link an article
why is it better for growing glute muscles

Because it's mechanically similar to a dead lift which provides more emphasis on hip extension than a high bar squat, which is a lot more dependent on knee extension. Knee extension is achieved primarily by the quadriceps which hip extension is achieved by glutes, lower back and hamstrings.

Some people claim that low bar activates glutes and hamstrings more than high bar, which is more quad dominant. It's bullshit, but a lot of people think that. Full range of motion (atg) high bar will build a spectacular ass. I have been told many times by many women that I have a great butt for a guy and I do oly lifts and high bar squats.

ohhh that makes so much sense

tfw been training wrong for months now...

But how come someone I know only does high bar and has a killer ass?

yeah someone I know squats only high bar really heavy and has a really good ass

Whats more important for building muscle? Lots of reps and low weight, or high weight and low reps?

My squat is really weak I get scared of going too heavy because I get scared I won't be able to come back up and my knees will break.

And when I do low reps it feels like my legs aren't even getting much of a workout :(

Because hip extension is still needed. A high bar squat is just place about an inch higher up on the back. It's the same movement and high bar will still give you good glutes, but low bar and deadlifts use those muscles to greater extent than the quads.

And from personal experience I feel it a lot more in my hamstrings and glutes when low bar squatting than high bar, which hits my quads a bit more. Solely because of my torso angle and leverages. When your torso is futher forward (as needed in low bar) you need far greater hip and back extension to get upright. You know what contributes to back extension too?

Glutes.

oly lifters only do high bar back squat because oly lifters before them did

it's not any fucking use for the sport

He literally gave you the reasons why high bar is preferred over low bar

>There's not reason to high bar and they just do it because everyone did it before them for no reason though

Low bar requires more hip mobility. The angle is more closed.

>Alan Thrall
>Woman's Opinion
>A liberal coach from NorCal who participated in the Womyn's march

Not a single valuable opinion in this video

Don't be a pussy. Learn how to bail.

what if you just enjoy it more?

i low bar squatted for a year but constantly had problems with form (falling forward and knees buckling). switched to high bar and started going ATG and i can now squat more than i ever could doing low bar

kek

also low bar looks unaesthetic as fuck compared to an atg high bar squat

i used to fall for all the rippetoe meme junk but seriously, when you naturally do a squat you don't go to parallel and look at the ground ahead of you dont you