Is doms the best indication of a good workout

Is doms the best indication of a good workout.
>use a high enough to still get good form
>change rep ranges and set numbers
>train for and hour or more a day
>45secs to 1 minute between sets
>take bcaa's, creatine, protein
>rarely get doms

Am I wasting my time/money?

Other urls found in this thread:

jap.physiology.org/content/81/5/2173.short)
breakingmuscle.com/learn/doms-the-good-the-bad-and-what-it-really-means-to-your-training
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1034/j.1600-0838.2003.02477.x/full)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is doms the best indication of a good workout.

No

if u have doms it means that u will guarantee muscle fiber recovery

if u dont get doms it doesnt mean that u wont have muscle fiber recovery

Is it bad that the doms happen so rarely?

DOMS is a complex process that shows you did something you're not used to. It's mostly nerve growth that's being upped tho it also increases muscle growth. If you get DOMS you want DOMS, the soreness benefits you in the long run.

Yes you need to switch workouts and start mixing low/high rep light/heavy weight.

The reason babby's gains are a thing os because your body is shocked as fuck and doesnt know how to respond. Itse left with no choice other than growing bigger muscles

Tickling or lightly massaging doms is such a good feeling

No.

DOMS is "tearing" of the connective tissue, it has zero correlation with how well you worked your muscles.

Neither DOMS nor "the Pump" are indicative of effective training.
The way I see it, DOMS and Pump are connected though. The Pump is basically temporarily increasing the size of the muscle by pumping fluids into it. This in turn puts stress on the surrounding tissue, which tears. This causes DOMS.
But even though it feels like it, they are not good indicators of a good, effective workout that caused muscle growth. The muscle itself is not going to grow anymore than if you trained properly without getting DOMS/Pump, and the size increase from the Pump is going to disappear in a few hours completely.

If you enjoy "gedding a Pomp" and having DOMS, feel free to train in a way that gives you that, but it's not necessary, and if you can't train properly because it hurts the next day, it's obviously not a good idea.

Across the top of the chest from bench and through the quad from squats are sore to touch but hardly ever shoulder, back or arms

I lift heavier than 99 percent of this board. I never get DOMS.

pic looks like ham

DOMS is the sign of muscle damage that will induce hypertrophy, but not necesserially and indicator of necessity to make your muscle stronger.

disregard bullshit mentioned here DOMS is a sign of muscle microtrauma, that happens exclusively with eccentric training and somewhat with isometric training, NOT WITH CONCENTRIC TRAINING, namely the shit 100% of lifters do, that means lift.

It will bring your muscle to repair itself and grow.

The pump will help with hypertrophy since the blood will bring more nutrients into the muscle that are necessery for its regeneration. The nutrients necessary to repair your muscle are foremost protein.

99 % of this board are fat DYELS who don't actually work out. Hardly an achievement.

Isn't DOMS also a sign of under training though?

I just can't believe this.

Exercise physiology student here. This is probably the best simple description in this thread. Basically, the eccentric load causes trauma to the individual muscle fibers releasing a cascade of signaling and inflammatory molecules, which cause the infiltration of regenerative cells. During this time, and increase in fluid in the muscle as well as the inflammation and tissue breakdown causes the pain associated with DOMS. The damage resulting from eccentric exercise may be more efficient at inducing hypertrophy (jap.physiology.org/content/81/5/2173.short) amongst other benefits. A pump, on the other hand, is just a short-term increase in blood flow to the working muscle. While this may help improve recovery by delivering the nutrient rich blood to the necessary tissues, it is not the same phenomenon as DOMS.

breakingmuscle.com/learn/doms-the-good-the-bad-and-what-it-really-means-to-your-training

Tell me how to;

1. Increase muscle fiber diameter.
2. Increase # of muscle fibers.

no

this is wrong

so is this

Most resistance training programs will help with muscle fiber cross section area as long as there's adequate stimulus to the muscle. Adding new fibers isn't really a thing in humans short of having genes that eliminate the production of myostatin.

Good article - simple. While DOMS does reduce the ability to create tension under load, there is also a phenomenon called the repeated bout effect (onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1034/j.1600-0838.2003.02477.x/full) that while not fully understood, reduces the amount of subsequent damage induced in later eccentric bouts. So while you may not experience DOMS all the time (and to be frank, it's not good to experience it all the time as you spend more time trying to recover instead of training), eccentric loading has its benefits.

No, measuring your progress is

Retarded question

First post best post.

>The Pump is basically temporarily increasing the size of the muscle by pumping fluids into it. This in turn puts stress on the surrounding tissue, which tears. This causes DOMS.

I can't even tell if this is sincere or not.

Master satire/10