The obesity here hurts

i'm so sick of living with all these whales, please help

i live in the south and amount of obese people here is fucking atrocious, are there any states in the US that aren't ruined by whales? cities even? i cant do this much longer. it's just depressing

Embrace it goyim

What bothers me is the increasing opportunities for fat people to continue to be fat, and reproduce, and influence their children's eating habits resulting in a generation of kids who don't know the meaning of restraint.

It's too easy for fat people to sit on their lazy asses and do nothing in today's world. Not only that but many of them don't think they are unhealthy blobs. They think they look good.

It makes me want to live alone and herd sheep or farm, or fish. Go somewhere remote enough that people have to do shit for themselves.

It's time to purge

It's incredibly bad here in the boot state, friend. I have seen many landwhales roam these parts. And their kids are always fat too. This shit should be considered abuse

Where do you live OP?

I live in Miami, not many fat people around here, but that's probably because there aren't that many white people in the first place

Move to a large city like New York, Chicago or LA.

Yes it's more expensive (on the flip side you get paid more) but people tend to take care of themselves more.

I used to live in Kentucky, been living in Chicago the past 3 years. There are some fat people here but waaayyyy fewer than in my home state.

I feel like I'm just surrounded by fatties who think being fat is okay. Everyone somehow convinced me that I was fine and that I didn't need to lose any weight, but the scale was a clear indication that I was chubby. I was just so confused because everyone around me was obese or didn't care about their physique. Veeky Forums basically made me realize that being a fatty is highly shamed upon and that it's okay to be hungry sometimes and often healthy to do so. I also don't ever skip cardio when I go to the gym. I just feel ashamed :$. Love you guys

Move to Canada.
>27.6% of men are obese vs. 35% in US
>23.5% of women are obese vs. 40.4% in US

What the data doesn't tell you, a lot of the "obese Canadians" are Natives that live in remote shitholes you will never go to.

Can confirm in NYC everyone is overweight but not yet obese

Daily reminder obesity correlates with IQ

obesity is most prevalent in minorities you nigger

i live in the san antonio area, it has no reason to even be a big city. just boring, hopefully moving soon though

It's easy to complain about fat people when you've never struggled with your weight.

It's easy to go through childhood being coddled by your parents, getting fatter and fatter.
Especially if you grew up poor, eating wonder bread without any money to join sports. You develop terrible eating habits and have no knowledge about nutrition.

Most of the advice that is shoved at you by other people are fad diets, calorie counting, weight loss pills. You try them all and nothing works, you feel like a failure for becoming this way and a failure for not being able to pull out of it.
Yes you can research about it, but when you google "how to lose weight" you don't find information about macro nutrients. There's just tons of conflicting articles telling you to focus on calories only, carbs only, fats only. Many fall into the "fat acceptance" meme, which is reprehensible.

Beyond that,
Exercising as an obese person is extremely hard because you're doing everything with an extra 100lbs to lug around. Imagine doing a run with huge weights strapped to your body, and imagine feeling cripplingly embarrassed while trying to do it. When you run or move you can feel yourself jiggling and it makes you want to crawl into a hole and die.

All of this while knowing that you'll never experience the nicer parts of life, running in the grass, falling in love, wearing stylish clothing, playing on the beach. Plus all of the opportunities you'll miss out on because you have absolutely no self confidence; events, promotions, traveling, dates, parties, etc.

It's literally the ultimate suffering. Fatties are gross/pathetic and need to fucking smarten up, but at least realize that being fat in and of itself is punishment enough without the snickering/staring. Almost all of them truly hate themselves way more than you ever could hate them.

t. recovering fatty

Inversely of course

i struggled with my weight for a large portion of my life. i dont think i was ever really "obese" but i surely hated myself for what i made myself.
i think i am fully entitled to get pissed at people who cant at least care as much as me about themselves. you dont even have to try that hard, just get some actual motivation and eat a healthy diet.
trust me, most fat people aren't victims by any stretch of the imagination. there is plenty of even RELATIVELY healthy food out there for the grabbing.

or maybe im superhuman and caring about yourself is actually a challenge and i was magically changed someday

just east less, faggot

It's not that simple for everybody, as there is so much conflicting information about what a healthy diet is. A lot of the food that is marketed as healthy is full of processed shit and loaded with calories.
The fatties you see walking around every day have no idea that a board like Veeky Forums exists, they just read cosmopolitan articles about how they should drink only orange juice with cayenne pepper in it for a month to lose 40lbs.
Then they fail because the diet is a meme and continue to comfort eat.

>pissed at people who cant at least care as much as me about themselves
>i dont think i was ever really "obese"
When you are obese you do not care about yourself because you feel very depressed and hopeless.

I'm not saying that there is any valid excuse for being fat or that it's okay, I'm saying that you should try to have a bit of compassion for other people who have shittier lives than you.
Pass on your knowledge to others when you can.

you can't keep your story straight
if you don't care about yourself and are depressed you punish yourself
you don't comfort eat because you understand that you don't deserve comfort, only punishment

I cant sympathize with this kind of weak willed bullshit. Are you telling me you didn't see yourself gaining weight year to year. That every time you noticed you didn't do a fucking thing about it.

You think that ignorance is an excuse for obesity? You think that I'm going to pity you for being ignorant?

I don't in my day to day life treat fat people with disrespect, or hate, but I still am disgusted by them. At the end of the day, they're just like every other failure. Lacking the conviction and determination required to strive for greatness, and achieve your goals.

Pity yourself on your own time, I can't stomach it.

I live in Louisville KY, and easily 1/3 of the adults here are obese. I go out jogging twice a day and very rarely ever see another person out walking or anything.

That isn't true and you know that.
If a person has depression, they can't always just get up out of bed and be productive fueled by the fact that they hate themselves and their life.
Being fat is the same. A lot of people overeat because they have psychological issues.
I'm not asking you to pity me, and I don't pity myself. I've lost 80lbs my friend.
I'm saying that you don't know what it's like to be obese or how difficult it is, so stop whining about people who are obese.

When a fat person is gaining weight it happens very slowly, and as you spin more and more out of control you care less and less because every time you try a fad diet it doesn't work. This is especially true when you've been fat for almost your entire life and you've never known different.

>being obese is difficult
No shit, that should be reason enough to change but fatties don't have nearly enough willpower

You're clearly not reading or understanding anything I've said.

If you want to stay in TX your options are Austin, central Dallas, and inner loop Houston. Once you get out of those areas, everybody is overweight because there's no social pressure to stay thin.

Many people are obese because of food addiction. A lot of manufactured food now has addictive chemicals added to keep bringing customers back. What's worse is that these foods are cheaper than their healthier counterparts. Yeah, willpower is needed to break said addiction but it's similar to those who have a hard time getting away from drugs, cigarettes, or alcohol.

If I lived in a city with a bunch of crackheads, I'd whine about them too. Or am I not allowed to because I'm not a fucking addict?

I'm the same here. I don't want pity. And I know I'm repugnant to look at still but I am making progress. I did decide that it was enough from being fat and actually put work into it. I didn't want to be a new years retard so I stuck to it. Went from 225 to 190 being 5'5 from the start of January to now by doing cardio and doing low carb and low cal. I'm stalling since I haven't been keeping it on point last month but the constant compliments show I did something.

you don't have to be productive
hunger hurts
so you use the pain of hunger to punish yourself for being a fat waste of space

Whine about drug laws, whine about there not being enough addiction resources, whine about the cycle of poverty that creates addicts.

Whine about the FDA, whine about fast food restaurants, whine about nutritional misinformation, whine about fad diets in shitty magazines, whine about MSG, whine about the cycle of obesity (fat parents creating fat children), whine about the price of wholesome foods.

Congrats dude, that's really awesome. You'll be down to 170 before you know it, which will make it easier to get out and do some outdoor activities during the summer.
Try picking up bicycling, it's low impact on a fattie's joints but still great sweaty cardio in the summer heat.

lmao you're a moron, stop promoting disordered eating. If a fat person eats healthy and hits their macros, they should not feel hunger pangs while losing weight.

colorado brah

Actually had a bike for that purpose but it got trashed. I want a trek so bad but no rich dumb students selling any nearby. I want to be down to 160. I really want to hike with my friend but I'm still not his level of fitness. I can barely run/jog a mile at a crappy pace lol

Honestly just get literally ANY bike. Ideally a hybrid so that you can switch gears to keep it all higher impact.

hard to find a decent one that Dont fall apart. Most bikes here are Wal-Mart brand. Rare to see one that's decently made since no bike shops but the search continues.

craiglist?

the only time i feel bad for fat people is when theyre kids, only because i was an obese kid too and theres really nothing you can do about it because your kid brain doesnt comprehend you being fat and 'eat less' doesn't work.
but once you hit 16 or 17 you should know better.

Colorado has the lowest obesity rates I think. I lived in Aspen and Durango and mainly it is skinny white folk. Lots of fat Mexicans but those aren't really people anyways...

Sorry the truth hurts.*

*not really sorry