I am so close to 1/2/3/4 i can taste it

i am so close to 1/2/3/4 i can taste it

reckon i could diddly 4pl8 in about a fortnight if i use straps

is there any negative aspect to this?
do you use straps?
discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/POWER-WEIGHT-LIFTING-BELT-PREMIUM-LEATHER-BODY-BUILDING-AWESOME-QUALITY-AU-OWNED-/122036514088?var=&hash=item1c69f16d28:m:mJ_7ea86Iywf2JezKpEjLpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess it depends on what you want really. There's nothing wrong with straps, but you shouldn't use them all the time, and you shouldn't use them on exercises where one of the main focuses is to work on grip strength.

In my opinion they are really good equipment for strongman and powerlifting. I madehuge gains in farmers carry when I started using straps on them.

Straps are for traps bro

dont listen to people who tell you not to use straps

the combined muscle mass of your back/posterior chain/ hamstrings is much greater than that of your forearms, so it has the potential to grow much faster. dont limit the development of one small area effect larger areas

your other options if your grip is failing are hook grip (which might be impossible if you have short thumbs) and mixed (which might lead to imbalances, so Id avoid it in training and just use it if you have a powerlifting meet or something)

if you need to work on grip later to bring it up, its pretty easy to train grip itself

>I madehuge gains in farmers carry when I started using straps on them.
You have indisputably defeated the entire purpose of farmers carry by doing that; you are stupid.

Use chalk nigga

Use straps to hit maxes if you want OP but diddies train grip strength as well so I wouldn't make training with them a regular thing.

>dont limit the development of one small area effect larger areas
>if you need to work on grip later to bring it up, its pretty easy to train grip itself

OP here

i use mixed grip, alternating between sets

i would use chalk but would feel a bit like a tool.. i squat 3 pl8 for reps but still think im pretty dyel. im a big frame naturally so it only took me a few months.

gonna give pic related a go - didnt know this shit existed. has anyone used and can vouch for it?

The purpose is to move as much weight as possible as fast as possible. I don't see why using straps is different from using any other equipment?

>farmers carry
>with straps

Use this shit, I like it more than straps.

I can't breathe right when I'm strapped up and belted. Chalk lets you grab and ripppppppp

the two lines you quoted dont contradict each other tho?

if you want to develop your back/posterior chain the most efficiently you would use straps

if your grip was lacking and you needed to improve it (which you would only really need to do if you in specific circumstances) you would do specific grip training. like farmers walks, plate pinches, static holds etc

whatever u say satan

i only use strap on whenever fucking your wives son (female)

Straps are fine provided you don't rely on them for everything you do.

OP here with a followup question - what kind of weight should i be pulling before i start using a belt?

are there negative aspects to it?

Are you a competitive farmer's carrier? Because it's intended to train and strengthen your grip and that's ruined by wearing straps.

>The purpose is to move as much weight as possible as fast as possible while trying not to drop the weight

ftfy. Who cares how much you can farmers walk if you aren't having to desperately hold onto the weight for dear life?

>I can ohp 1 plate, bench 2 plates, deadlift 4 plates, but can only squat 2 /1/2 plates
halp

do squats every workout, switching between weight and volume

No reason to let weak grip hold your back back.

after you have your form sorted, you should be using your belt whenever you feel you need it. there isnt a magic number. if fucking 2 pl8 is feeling heavy that day, then put on your belt. its there to keep you safe

using a belt wont give you a weak core either. it will actually strengthen your core because it allows better activation of your abs and spinal erectors

get a real belt tho, not one of those tapered one in your pic

i just google image searched. show me a real belt plz user. ty

Anything more than 2lp8 is enough that you won't look ridiculous with a belt

Well alright

seriously don't listen to most people here, using a belt/straps will not magically steal your gains. They exist for a reason.

get one thats the same width all the way around

assuming your in the usa
>inzer
>titan
>strength shop
are some good brands

they're great, just make sure you also develop good grip strength as well

nah nigga, ausfag
i will ebay, cheers

Used straps for the first time last weekend. My 1RM went from 80kg to 105

Inzer forever lever belt

using a strap is great, cant believe you guys are into this too! how did you first talk your gf's into doing this, at first mine was all like omg your gay and im like no it just feels good! (maybe im gay) but idk. i dont know how this fits into the gym but whatever maybe ill strap with you guys

The purpose is to move as much weight as possible as fast as possible.
no, that is called crossfit

I dont know what brands are made in aus but you should look because if you buy from another country youre going to get raped on shipping

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Shits gay

>farmers carry with straps

w-will this help save me from snap city?

ebay.com.au/itm/POWER-WEIGHT-LIFTING-BELT-PREMIUM-LEATHER-BODY-BUILDING-AWESOME-QUALITY-AU-OWNED-/122036514088?var=&hash=item1c69f16d28:m:mJ_7ea86Iywf2JezKpEjLpQ

i like these. faster to strap to and doubles as wrist support. durable too.

Lmaoing at you dyel fags. Maybe you should try strongman instead of your brosplits so you might actually make gains

it looks lower quality than the brands I listed, but still much better than a tapered belt

if its the only thing in your price range, Id say go for it

I will say tho, that a belt is something that if you buy quality will last a lifetime or more. an inzer/titan/whalander is something that youd probably be able to give to your kid if they started lifting years from now

DOH grip for all warmups. Straps for working sets of 5+ reps. Competition grip for working sets of 1-3 reps.

Team sport athletes who don't need tons of grip strength and bodybuilders (yeah like those faggots do deads) could probably use straps all the time, and if an injury stops you from deadlifting without straps, then you should strap up.

If you wanna say you pulled 4pl8 legit then many lifters will say it didn't count if you strapped up.

They don't technically don't contradict but if grip was so easy to train why not just train it and continually decrease the need for straps as you increase weight for pulls.

I don't think you, or whoever user who I replied to, is wrong btw. There is a fair point made. I just tend to believe that since diddies are a whole body movement then why should you take out something as important as grip in the movement. Negligible at higher pull weight of course.

I've been stalling on 4 plate deadlift for 1 rep (sometimes 3 on a good day) for about a year. I decided to get straps two weeks ago, and I'm able to pull 4 plates for reps relatively easier now. Doing a double handed grip feels more natural and pleasing than mix grip.

>your
KYS