youtube.com/watch?v=BQZjC7cNbyE
youtube.com/watch?v=ljZt5_lITwE
youtube.com/watch?v=Zadh6rFc2sE
store.artofmanliness.com/products/know-your-lifts-poster-set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For me, its the forklift, the most useful of all lifts

Squat > Deadlift

Muscle ups.
Because I always hear people pointing it out to their gymfriends when I do them.

Deadlifts being a close second

if you want to build a big butt for men to fuck maybe

bench, it's easy and makes you big

This. There's no better feel than putting absolutely everything you have into the last rep

Squats or bench. I find any pr I break rewarding though.

The Press™

same
shoulders are the most aesthetic part of the body

OHP and rows because they're harder to power through with momentum (unless you cheat)

OP has shit deadlift form
>shoulders in front of bar
>butt up
that aint good form senpai

look at this picture
[spoiler]I stole from t AoM[/spoiler]

Cable flys.
You get a great chest pump and you feel like Heracles on your last set.

Bench, followed by overhead pressing

My legs are already unaesthetically big, due to all those heavy squats... everytime i new PR on squats i wonder why the fuck i keep doing this exercise and throwing on more weight and the answer is because habit

>Toyota 8FGF/FDF
my nigga. There's no geared lifting, like forklift lifting.

bench. when you reach that spot where you know you can't fail anymore and it's just a matter of time until you lock out. damn looking forward to those 115kg tomorrow!

lateral landmine
really different lift that builds some nice lateral delts and is fun to do
I got naughtied at by the gym staff the other day when I failed one and dropped the bar from overhead height :(

youtube.com/watch?v=VH0JrwuFOjI

either squat or OHP

We got lots of people doing muscle ups in our gym, and you know what they all have in common?

Manlets that dont look like they lift, dressed from head to toe in sports brand meme-clothing (mens yoga pants etc)

That's cool.
I'm 5'10 and definitely do look like I lift.
I deadlift 6plate for one and can do 6 muscle ups on a good day.

For me, it's the McChicken.

Women like a plump butt on a guy. I get approached way more now that I squat 4 plates and the ass is looking joocy.

Squat for me too.
>biggest lift

I enjoy deads but I've always preferred OHP.

I've even tweaked my routine to help with OHP progression, ngl

underrated

Buttermilk chicken master race.

>he thinks squats train ass
POINT AND LAUGH

Are you trying to make people break their backs with this picture?

> tfw fucked up my knee
>can't squat or deadlift anymore

Upvoted

When I OHP lmao 1pl8, I feel like such a mad man.

>this man doesn't get glutes for the sloots
>this man isn't of the pansexual master race and gets to enjoy 50% less mirin on average

DYEL/10

my preferred lift is bench. idk why but it just feels so fucking good to crush some high weight reps out.

Ohp is much, much more manly than DL. For Starters because women cant into it

>implying
Deadlift will always be the most masculine lift for a simple set of reasons:
>heavy weight
>the simple action of picking up something incredibly heavy, while using your whole body to do it
OHP is the second most masculine lift, for the reason you listed there

Feels good man

>squat doesn't train glutes

do you understand how hip extension occurs?

Underrated: Paused overhead squat after strict pressing the bar

Heavy as fuck snatches.

>Deadlift will always be the most masculine lift
Its beaten by a one handed pushup

The only people who give a shit about deadlifts are other deadlifters.

Deadlift is wayyyyy better. Works out more muscles, especially the forearms.
nope. One handed pull up

>beaten by a one handed pushup

conceptually for a normie without visuals this may be the case. but put two people performing a 600lb+ deadlift and a one handed pushup next to eachother and deadlift guy wins every time. a normal person couldn't even fathom how it's possible to pick up 600lb from the floor.

Should I use an alternating grip on my dead lifts?

They don't know what 600lbs looks like.
And lifting 600lbs of weight, without the context of it being something they know is heavy in real life, means nothing.

They understand a one arm pushup. And let's face it. If you can do a 600lb deadlift but can't do a one arm pushup, you're a bitch. You are functionally a female.

why cant women do it??

Get on my level

My ride

Tfw I used to be able to do this but took a long break

No

Maybe on the last rep if your grip was failing on the fourth

Squats are even more masculine
>heavy weight
>bigger ROM compared to DL
>there's a bigger risk of injure in a squat than in DL

What are safety pins

read posts correctly please.

of course normies will find a one arm pushup more impressive conceptually, but i think most people will find the deadlift more impressive if they saw it. keyword: seeing

Deds are meme lifts. OHP is most impressive and rewarding

>tfw plate dispenser ran out of bar butter
>deadlifts are now a pain in the ass to set up

I like watching my arm and residual pump from dumbbell rows

I'd find a 600lbs raw deadlift more impressive than a one arm pushup, but not more than a handstand pushup

To me a deadlift feels like that full body orgasm when you stretch in the morning, no other exercise allows me to use my entire body at once ad give me that "release". It just feels great. OHP close second.

NORMIES DO NOT KNOW HOW HEAVY 600LBS IS!

They can't fathom it.
They see a guy busting out one arm pushups like nothing? They'll be all HOLY SHIT!

They see some fatfuck doing 600lbs with no suit no knee wraps no belt no straps? They'll shrug, clap then go about their fucking day.

I never saw anyone get impressed by one hand push ups. Like what the hell its thr least useful and good looking lift. Most of the time normies call someone does it in the gym an autist

You'd find a 600 lb deadlift less impressive than a bodyweight exercise that's the equivalent of a bodyweight strict press and you actually lift? How much do you weigh?

Deadlift position going to vary on body proportions desu.
My femurs are as long as my torso, my back is nearly horizontal to the floor

Do you not squat ATG? Lots of glute activation down there

1.You've probably never seen anyone do a one arm pushup
2.Normies don't go to the fucking gym
3.Normies don't know how much shit weighs or know how much a 45lb weight is. They know it looks impressive and weighs "A LOT" but they don't know how heavy it is.

A one arm pushup is something they can conceptualize. They understand that they weigh something. They know their own bodyweight. Being able to do a one arm pushup is impressive to them.

If you lifted something that they know for a fact is heavy, like the back end of a sedan or a felled tree?
Yeah they'll go HOLY SHIT but it's not.

I spent most of my life at 300+ pounds and was able to bust out chinups and fairly advanced shit.
Could also DL 500 raw and natural.

Could not even think of doing a one arm chinup.

Paul Anderson bust out impressive bodyweight shit and that's just his normal fucking workout.

No, I am not impressed by a raw 600lb deadlift.

So if anyone goes into a gym hes automatically not a normie riiiiight

I dont know what delusions you have but nothing is impressive with one hand push ups. Everyone will think you're an autist you autist.

Ofcourse they dont, thats why they ask. I heard it many times in the gym when lanky fags and some gril ask how heavy is that.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, you sad dork.

at first i hated them

but OHP

Ok dude whatever. I believe that muscle ups are better than deadlift and one hand push ups.

i never do pushups, just lift

just tried doing one armed pushups, and i could get a few right away

what's so impressive about them?

I know that feel user.
Hip impingement has restricted me to only diddlies, no other compound leg lifts

what is best deadlift form video to learn?

This.
It has to do with things a normie can try RIGHT NOW.
A normie can't attempt a DL at work/classroom/bar/anywhere but a gym.

Everyone has done push ups before.

The Deadlift
It's the quintessential measure of strength: How heavy of a thing can you pick up off the ground?
>heaviest lift
>full body activation
>forearm gains
>that test boost
>muh practical strength

>No, I am not impressed by a raw 600lb deadlift.

Clean and jerk.

regarding "manliness":

surely not bodyweight shit, too gimmicky and not really strength measure due to bodyweight skew

also, not the deadlift; It's too technical, a DYEL can perfect his technique/get accustomed to the lift and get close to about 4-5 plate without even gaining muscle mass, which is much more rare in the more limiting bench or (especially) OHP.

I'd say it's Push press > C&J > Strict press, youtube.com/watch?v=Iui94VWFhnA is pure test and gets me more hyped than the DL world record IMO

posting goat youtube.com/watch?v=BQZjC7cNbyE

Doesn't get manlier than OHP for the simple reason it is difficult to progress and requires dedication unlike deads/bench.
Also, raising gf over head > just picking her up.

oh, and of course c&j is really technical too, in another sense, maybe rather reording it to pp>strict>cj, but overhead work remains the most manly shit you can do IMO

Whichever is my best lift. So OHP.

Deadlifts are satisfying, but lagging behind.

I think OHP is quite valid because it's a huge bitch to progress in compared to diddlys/squat. You need to really punish your delts by pressing triweekly to get proper progress

>mfw most people myself included say bench is the hardest to progress on

just b ursmolov lmao

possibly out of the big 3, but delts are smaller, making OHP programming harder for most

Didn't see a form check thread so might as well post here.

Height: 5'9 68.5kg (151 lbs)
Conventional Deadlift
125kg (275lbs) x 5 max and weight in vid

First link most people would say that my hips are too high and back angle is too parallel to the ground, this is the position I find myself to be strongest and isn't everyones deadlift meant to look different? I setup just how Mark Rippetoe and a majority of coaches recommend (bar mid foot, grab bar with straight legs, bend knees forward until shins touch bar) and this is the setup I get. If I drop my hips lower I can only get 2 reps as you can see in the 2nd link. About 5 min rest between the sets.
High hips: youtube.com/watch?v=ljZt5_lITwE
Low hips: youtube.com/watch?v=Zadh6rFc2sE

>OHP
>Post picks of jerk
But yea OHP is pretty manly.
Push press is even more impressive as everyone will do leg drive when putting heavy things overhead

OHP beats deadlift in manliness

At what point is an OHP considered impressive?

I'm 169lbs and I OHP 140lbsx4. I felt like great when I hit 1pl8, but since I work out at home I have no frame of reference as to what most gym-goers can do.

does anyone know where to get one of these over shoulder singlets? I want one really bad

store.artofmanliness.com/products/know-your-lifts-poster-set

steal the ones you need via screencap, I think they don't have shoulder singlets though

for someone that trains both, you can usually strict OHP 65% of your bench. The regular gym goer that mostly does bench is closer to a 50% ratio though.

1 plate is decent, I'd say 1.5 plate is advanced and at 2 plate you're pretty sure to be the best presser among other lifters.

In my normie university gym the highest I've seen someone press is a puny 110 lbs, I'm probably the only person that goes beyond 1 plate, but it's different at a powerlifting/oly gym. People also stare when I press, which is quite fun

>the art of manliness
>website to teach numales how to change tires and apply beard oil
>"beards bacon and beer amirite?"

ffs

power cleans

the greatest of all time goes to
Super mario brothers 2, baby

>the most manly of all lifts
but that is squat

no one cares about form, just fuckin lift, fucking formies

OHP, I'm probably one of only two people OHPing at my gym.

I don't know, I'm 6'3" and I have OHPd 1.5pl8 for two reps when I was bulking at almost 210lbs and felt great, I was pretty amped up.
Most people I've seen cheat when it comes to OHP.

Thats because theyre making fun of you

OHP

"no"

Funny I just checked this thread even though I posted that yesterday and you are the first to respond to it since. Good timing m8y

did you really just claim deadlift was too technical to be a good test of strength, and then suggest the clean and jerk is a better test of strength?

you are king retard

it's not cheating, it's just another exercise, cf push press
he worded it poorly but I agree with his notion, DL is a bit too specific. Good diddler is not necessarily a good presser, but a good clean and jerk-offer will be good at picking things up and pressing them above his head, combined with squatting it up in the second pull

>squat
>literally the lift instagram whores do with bitch weights to get a big bubble butt, and fags probably too
>manliest lift
huh, really makes you think