Overhead Press

My OHP is lagging behind all my other lifts. I'm currently stuck at 5x45kg (100lbs) and I want to go to 1pl8. I've reached 2pl8 for bench recently.

Nobody?

Do pushpress and incline bench for a while.
Get the pushpress to around 70kg or a bit more and incline whatever you can do. Then after that move back to OHP and put the OHP as first in your program and easily reach that 60kg.

You can thank me later.

Also fuck going 5x60 at first, go for 1x60, 2x60 etc... it will be easier to increase the reps than to go for 5 reps increasing the weight.

>Benches 100
>can't even OHP 50

U wot M8

I OHP 47.5 and can only bench 67.5

Alright! I already switched flat bench for incline anyways

Any other accessory movements I could do?

then just focus on it, what shitty routine are you doing?

WHAT? I dont understand wtf your saying

>1. Press 3 times per week. This will probably be your problem.
>2. Do not deload if the reps keep going up, i.e. you're going from 5/5/3/2/2 to 5/5/4/2/2. Only deload if you collapse on your reps 3 times in a row.
>3. Add 3x1 @ 47.5kg after a session once per week.
>4. Still not working after all that? You're max probably around 52kg. Do 3x3 75%, 3x2 85% and 3x1 95% three times per week. At end of the month you'll probably press 55kg.

Start at 1, try it, and if it doesn't work move down. 4 is an old school-style press workout from when it was an olympic movement.

>Do pushpress and incline bench for a while.

Neither are what he needs. He simply needs to press more.

PROTIP:

Incline doesn't crossover with press effectively to benefit it and push won't help his sticking point, which will be the 'drive' at this stage. For that he needs seated barbell presses, but no one here knows how to press so you never see it recommended.

i OHP 1 pl8 and can only bench 1.5 plate

how many reps do you guys OHP? i only do 100lbs but its 5x8

Yeah I know it's odd but you for your part should be able to bench more than that though

My chest is just fucking huge compared to the rest. When I wear a shirt I look fat because my frame is so broad and my arms are small

I switch to this program you recommended in that other OHP thread.

My starting point is pressing my bodyweight (170lbs)

The only other thing I do different is warm-up with 95lbs for 20 reps behind the neck.
Do you think I need to change anything?

I Haven't stalled yet, but if I do, what would you recommend changing?

Are you retarded?

He means move up to 60kg and lift it as many times as you can and try to increase your reps on at that weight, personally I'd recommend doing 1 set at 60 then the next 3 at your normal weight your body is clever and should hopefully adapt but everyone is different so it's basically trial and error to see what works for you

I did a 5x5 with a lot of accessory lifts the last months. Kind off a powerbuidling routine

Now I'm doing a PPL, 3 times a week.

Alright thanks. Might take a look at my routine then

Behind the neck puts your shoulder joints in an awkward position, if you want to open out your shoulders use resistance bands but always press in front of you

you switched from a fullbody to a ppl before getting to 1234?

baka

??????
45 kg is over 1pl8 you turnip. Please tell me you don't count the bar.

I think he's counting the bar

I felt like I needed to do some volume for a couple of weeks and then switch back to FB

Yes I am counting the bar

Press more, 5/3/1 BBB style bench and press days will rocket your press numbers after a couple of cycles.

BTN presses are fine if you don't press like a hyperactive child; slow, concentrated reps are fine. Just start light and go slow.