Tfw your starting bench is 80lbs

>tfw your starting bench is 80lbs

We all started somewhere

>tfw starting bench was 50lbs for a single
you think you know pain my friend

>tfw started with less than the bar

that was two years ago

Starting bench is irrelevant. You can either be discouraged and choose not to do anything about it and stay the same forever, or you can work until yourself and others respect the amount you lift. Completely your call.

A 5lbs dumbbell for reps?

>tfw my bench recently reached 70lbs

20lb fixed bar

The fuck is a "fixed bar"? Did you try benching a non moving bar?

Dont worry bro I my first day at the gym one of the big dudes had to rescue me because I failes my set of 90 lb bench. Now 5 months later today I failed the last rep on the last set of my 135 lb bench. However,

>gf dumped me yesterday

I feel like everyone's bench is shitty for their actual first time doing bench unless like they've been doing a good amount of push ups in their lives. I started at the 85 lb bar and in a 3 years got to 250.

ever see one of these?

That's a dumbbell for giants

I was afraid of the barbell for so long when I started lifting. I didn't go near it for almost a year and by then I was strong enough that when I finally decided to touch it, I could bench 1pl8. Of course when I started benching for real, my lifts skyrocketed. I am deeply disappointed with myself at the start and regret not going to bench sooner. Good for you starting, user.

if it makes you feel any better I hit 225lb for 3 reps last week

breakups make bodybuilders user. keep it up and 2 years from now that bitch won't even recognize you.

Why would that make me feel better, or feel anything at all?

well i have autism so I thought it would give you hope

>tfw using 35lb dumbbells to bench

All my lifts are embarrassing desu, I wish I could lift in solitude until they were respectable.

But I'm not autistic.

*looks into mirror

We aren't so different, you and I

>*

Who were you quoting here?

Currently plateauing at 125 please end my suffering

You...I mean I

don't worry friend, no one at the gym cares what you're doing. don't be afraid to ask if you have to ask for a spot on some lightweight bench !!! I will help you in the gym!!! you are strong and are going to make it!!!!!!

I started with the DB press

What were you using before user? The machine that simulates a press or the chest fly machine or something?

>8 months ago I couldn't bench 135 for a single fucking rep
>Now I can bench 165x6

Keep at it user. My short term goal is 185x5, and I'm closer to it than I thought I'd be.

I was doing dumbbell bench and also the chest press machine. It took me embarassingly long to figure out that the rear delt flye machine could transform into a chest fly machine. I swear I did so much wrong when I first started lifting the only thing that kept me going was stubbornness.

Mine was 80 in august

just hit 155 x 6 2 days ago

all the more reason to keep going. you'll make gains so fast starting out its euphoric. i started at 65 pounds when i was 15, in a summer of lifting you could easily hit 150 from where you are now senpai

Thanks bro. Her tiddies were small anyway.

6-7 reps dont count nice job wasting your efforts

I wish I could go through a breakup for motivation... Wish I could just have a relationship lmao. I'll get there someday

>tfw starting OHP was the bar

>minor slap tear
;_;
I just want to die. I should just do the surgery and get it over with...then I'll lose these DL and squat gains, too. FUCK.

>ask a qt way out of my league out for the first time in years this week and get let down easy

b-better luck next time

You two are super cute.
You should date

Hahahahhahah that pic. I almost fucked my thumb, you fuckin idiot.

>doing anything posted on Veeky Forums
u fucking mong.
>tfw got gf to do it
>she didn't feel a thing
women truly are snakes.

I did it slowly, I'm not an idiot. And fuck you, I don't care about your scumbag.

ow

Started 20lb bench one month ago, now at 60lb

whatever muscle this exercise is supposed to stretch was very tight for me
>tfw strange tingling sensation mixed with sharp stinging

They're called horizontal chin ups, new friend. Welcome to Veeky Forums

seriously this
I was afraid to progress past 150 because I knew I would need a spot but didn't want to ask anyone to spot me on low weight, one day someone came over and just offered to spot me. No one in the gym cares if you lift lightweight, if anything they want to help you get better and lift heavier

Who cares. I started at 90lbs and I was like 25. You have to start somewhere, it just matters that you start.