Tips for quitting?

tips for quitting?

almost 24 hrs in, i do not feel well

chew gum, go for a run, distract your self. Only the strong can survive

My only tip is to keep on quitting every time you slip up. It took me 3 years to finally stop for good. been 4 years no cigs since. It REALLY sucks for the first week or two

I only quit by wanting to, I went from 4 packs a day to cold turkey nothing and its been over a year now. just nut up and do it faggot or you're never gunna quit

Vaporizer helped me quit, took about a year to get off of smokes and then slowly reduce my nicotine level in my vaporizer from 18mg to 0mg.

I barely use it now but still keep it handy as a way to cope if I get extremely stressed out or am pulling a late night studying.

Honestly haven't been happier and I save so much god damned money.

Do yourself a favor and invest in a halfway decent vaporizer and let go of the worry about looking euphoric, it's worth it.

Intense willpower brah, thats the apirit

Don't bother quitting. Just work out more and eat healthier to make up for the damage caused by the cigarettes.

after a couple of months you don't even think about it. I can't even remember the feeling anymore.

Willpower.

O V E R C O M E
V
E
R
C
O
M
E

Went from 2 -3 packs a day to quit cold turkey. It doesn't require intense willpower it just require that you actually have some. I don't like being controlled and that's exactly what a smoking habit does to you. I've seen so many people try to come up with weird ideas on weening themselves off of cigarettes but they always come back to it because they leave themselves an easy way in. Quitting cold turkey meant no more cigarettes on me at any time. It sucked for the first few weeks but it's worth it.

I tried vaping before in the past, I really enjoyed it but I started losing my hair, it was thinning fast as fuck on top...

I quit vaping and went back to smoking and it grew back, hair is thick again.

shrug

wait a week then go to sauna for 3 consecutive days
drink lots of fucking water and eat well

Anyone else ever quit without any issues? Quit a couple years back and really never experienced any withdrawals or even discomfort.

I read it's largely genetic, which is why some people can only smoke when they drink, or a pack over a month period, and someone become legit chain smokers, going up to 4 packs a day.

It all depends how the brain is wired

The only thing that got me to stop was a vape, genuinely didn't have cigarette cravings from the first day of using it and never went back.

Couple that with working out, the increased stamina and ease of breathing after quitting sort of helped me to work harder at the gym which in turn made me feel better about quitting and reinforced my decision to never touch a cigarette again. (Although I do mentally allow myself a few every now and then when I go drinking but I quit drinking mostly aswell so its not a problem)

>eating healthy and working out will reduce lung damage from heat, tar and monoxide poisoning

You're lying to yourself bro, trust me just quit it's shitty at first but you'll be shocked at how much better you feel even after a couple weeks

Apparently PG in liquids is suspected to cause hair thinning, whereas liquids made out of VG do not have this effect

It's weird, I smoked since I was in high school, 30s now. At one point I was smoking about 2 packs of Kools a day. Tried a million times to quit and couldn't do it. Then last summer I just lost all desire for smoking and quit without trying. If I even smell 2nd hand smoke it grosses me out now. I don't know anyone else that's happened to

Quit cold turkey from smoking 2 packs a day. I'm young so that probably helps but the biggest thing is staying busy. Avoiding your usual smoking area for the first few days helps too (I.e. Porch, outside apartment etc)

Similar thing happened to me the first time I quit (before I relapsed 5 months later), I reckon the nicotine or other chemicals just build up to a critical level where your body starts to strongly reject them whenever you smoke, then your brain associates this feeling of unwellness with smoking and you lose interest.
Maybe that explains relapses too after genuinely hating smoking once quitting, the chemicals eventually leave your body and you don't feel repulsed by them after a while.

Just a theory though

i think im gon do the patch, or smethg. cold turkey failed 100x. its almost 10 years now, im dying.

Cold Turkey son. Also helps to have a friend who can help you. Heres a plan you can do:
Throw out all tobacco in your possesion.
stock up in food and whatever you will need to not spend any money at all for 5 days. (Studies say omce you get past 5 your're gonna make it most of the time)
Have a trustworthy friend/coworker/relative hold on to every possible way you could buy cigarettes.
Now it begins. Do not hang out with people who smoke, dont even go near them.
Hit the gym, read some books, have some sex. chew gum, dont smoke. Dont put yourself in a situation were you have the posibility of smoking. Those 5 days are going to be a bitch user, but you can make it. If things get rough you can always go hardcore and get somene to chain you up for a few days while you go through withdrawl.
If all else fails, remember the words of Zyzz (PBUH), WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT!

Drink like 2 gallons of water a day or more. Buy those huge Gatorades in the morning on the way to work and go at it, the sugar water helps. Mix regular water in there too.

Helped me. Almost 2 years smoke and alcohol free.

Started at a pack a day of Marlboro 100's, smoked for years from 18-23

>got rejected on a date cuz I smelled like cigs
>next day got a vape (I had tried gum and patches and bitched out... because I am a bitch)
>did that for around a year and a half till I was in a stable position at a job
>long enough to break the want for a cigarette and just have a constant influx of nicotine away from the behavioral aspect of going outside for a smoke
>take chantix
>2 months later have no craving for nicotine
>currently training for a half marathon and have no respiratory issues
>dentist says there's no signs I ever smoked

It can be done; cold turkey is shit and you pretty much need a low stress life to handle it. One shitty work day can bring you back to square one. I treated it like working out; it's a time intensive process and there's both the chemical and behavioral addictions to smoking that work together to keep you coming back.

DO NOT SUBSTITUTE SMOKING WITH EATING. You'll get these little cravings for a couple of weeks so your best is to stock up with your favourite chewing gum and chew it everytime you get one.

Try not to think about smoking at all, your addiction currently is both psychological and physical. In a month or two it'll only be psychological. That's when it'll start to become easy.

Don't fetishize smoking. Try not associating smoking with the '''cool''' image that you probably have in your mind. Think of all the little negative things about smoking: feeling weak after smoking on an empty stomach, the coughs.

It's best to quit cold turkey, becoming a social only smoker will only make it harder.

I bought an e-cig with a low nicotine strength liquid. Did that for a about a month then just went cold turkey after that. Easier to stop completely when the nicotine is lowered.

Just don't do it. Just don't fucking smoke. Goddamn you smokers make it sound so difficult. JUST DON'T DO IT. NOBODY IS FORCING THE CIGARETTE INTO YOUR MOUTH.

Pepecash can help you stop smoking, pepecash is good for all your belongings, feel the power of pepe

I kicked an 8 year meth habit cold turkey in months yet it took me over a year to fully stop smoking. They are the worst addiction.

the hard thing isn't not smoking them, the hard thing is not accepting one when your mates/work colleagues offer

to quit, I avoided smoker colleagues and smoker friends for 2 weeks until it wasn't even hard to say no

You won't be able to quit if you sincerely don't want to. I enjoyed smoking too much for years so I always bounced back when I tried to quit. Now I joined the military and won't be able to smoke in basic, plus I need my lungs in better shape or else I'll always be winded when doing PT. I haven't smoked in 2 months cold turkey because I had a legit reason to stop this time. You can do it, you just have to want it.

Also fuck captcha.

>non-smoker detected

I have a mate that kicked heroin easier than he kicked the cancer sticks. Shit is brutal.

I used an e-cig thing for a few weeks then slowly tapered off. When you're at the stage where you feel like you get more air when you breathe, and the smell of cig smoke repulses you - you're golden.

Side note, my appetite went sky high when I quit so I bulked for about a year...

5 years smoke free today.

>1 remember you're not a smoker. Nobody is
>2 Be happy you've stopped smoking. There's nothing to lose don't look back
?3 Move on with your life