Is the idea that you can't beat the market...

Is the idea that you can't beat the market, and instead you should just buy index funds a meme created by (((them))) in order to discourage goys from competing in the stock market?

It's based on the fact that most institutions fail to do so.

((They)) made it so goys have an extremely hard time entering the market much less beating it.

((They)) also engage in insider trading and other things that make it impossible to actually beat the market even though you are in it.

It's based on the fact that hedge fund managers fail to do so, so if they can't do it what makes you think that you, some useless NEET, can?

I remember a year or two ago some user would spam this shit non fucking stop
"Its impossible to best the market, you'd have better luck gambling, only 0.1% of day traders come out ahead" etc etc
All his proof was from one single study of economic students from some south east Asian shits hole from over a decade ago

Its incredibly easy to beat the market
Kikes make countless millions doing it. But they don't want you to

Hmm I wonder then how I beat the market on average for 6 whole months by only trading 1.5 hours a day on the simplest software

oh yeah OP. total meme. go spend all your money trying to beat the market now.

Already did, half of it at least.

Which market are you talking about...? The market refers to the stock market, aka avg of 8% gains per year.

If you're talking crypto the institutional investors probably have you beat since they were the one's buying monero at

Stocks

>I wonder how
probably because we're in the biggest bull run the stock market has ever seen? Wait for another 2008 style crash then get back to me. Or you could take up Warren Buffet's bet, you'd only have to do it for 10 years instead of 6 months.

That's why you don't fucking trade in recessions or stagnant markets.

Good for you. You're an individual investor that doesn't have to pay for rent for an office, water and electricity for an office, employee yearly salaries and insurance plans, and you probably haven't paid taxes yet on your gains.

half? you pussy. if you have a winning strategy go all in

Beating the market doesn't just refer to a % gain. It's easy to get higher than that if you just take risky bets. The hard part about beating the market is getting a better risk/reward opportunity. Your sharpe ratio is probably balls.

Most of my money is student loans

you dont know when a recession will happen till you're already balls deep. What's going to happen is eventually this bull run will end, and so you'll buy the dip. Except the recovery wont hit yourself sell target and you'll end up holding. And then it will crash below your original purchase and you'll buy that dip. And then you'll but the next dip and the next dip and the next dip that will continue for the next year and a half.

hurr durr dont invest in recessions

It's based on the efficient market hypothesis which basically says any performance inequal to market performance is due to inefficiencies. And because the market is more efficient over time, the possibility of beating the market gets smaller over time.
Also you can't reliably do it (reliably meaning: for years without fail). I implore you to try, there's a nice fund manager job waiting for you if you figure it out.

Fuck off back to pol you low iq mouthbreather

it is true however all the well known tech stocks, apple microsoft, amazon etc, have been greatly outperforming the market, this isn't going to end well though.

The (((efficient market hypothesis))) is the biggest (((trick))) ever, literally a simple video from investopedia debunks it.

the fact is the vast majority of "daytraders" lose money and would have been better off just parking in an index fund

its not some jewish plot you fucking poltards

I was true thirty years ago. Is it true now? Maybe not. There is a lot of faith in scant evidence. Human history is long and betting everything on patterns that only emerged 50 years ago is risky, despite what the jews tell you.

>I remember a year or two ago some user would spam this shit non fucking stop
>"Its impossible to best the market, you'd have better luck gambling, only 0.1% of day traders come out ahead" etc etc
>All his proof was from one single study of economic students from some south east Asian shits hole from over a decade ago

This board has an archive. Post the link to these posts or you're full of shit.

>stock market
>avg of 8% gains per year
Um, no. Try 11%.

>That's why you don't fucking trade in recessions or stagnant markets

>Only buy high.

Great strategy, user.

>Beating the market doesn't just refer to a % gain. It's easy to get higher than that if you just take risky bets. The hard part about beating the market is getting a better risk/reward opportunity.
The only person in this thread who knows what the fuck they're talking about. Beating the market means that you're making higher returns than the market at the same level of risk, i.e, investing in positive alpha stocks.

Index funds are a great idea if you're also fucking around with crypto. Balance the risk slightly.