PLG -Powerlifting General General

For discussing good powerlifting routines such as project momentum.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BSzaXTbFPzX/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i cant double over hand anything over 2 plates from the floor

how do i train my grip?

farmers walks or hook grip

static hold are also good, anything that requires holding things for periods of time.

Heavy pulls and carries. Do them all, frequently.

p--p-p-princesaaaaa

Project Deez

Heavy dumbbell rows really helped my grip out
As did weighted pullups
If you're not doing those then you really should having a big back helps a lot with general strength and ass-thetics

i hook grip and always hold my last rep at the top

also sweaty hands wreck your grip

thx dudes , the above grip advice has been noted and will be applied to my trayning in the future

>tfw weak
Who knows this feel?
Talent chads fuck off

nice belt, lol

>tfw 275-225-290
>tfw pounds

Texas Method

Anyone else have the problem where they can't get an erection for a day or two after deadlifting heavy?

I got 475 double overhand, held for about 3 secs at top before grip gave out. Never done a direct g rip exercise in my life. Jelly fampai?

Doing first meet in June. Third attempts are gonna be S: 550 B: 400 D: 650. Competing in 242 class... any advice for a first time comp?

If the webm is OP:

You are putting your hips too far down during your setup. This is causing you to move them upward slightly as you engage with the weight. This not only wastes effort but seems to be putting your lower back into a slightly relaxed position.

Hello

Talk to people and make friends and just make sure to get your openers
just have fun really
And try not to stress so hard the night before or the day of (even though you definitely will)

ThisIll add, go 9/9 as well. It will ensure you have fun and want to compete again

I'm looking forward to the 24 hours after weigh ins. Going to see if I can hit the 10,000 kcal mark.

Read your Feds rulebook.
Open light.
Have a handler that won't fuck you.
Open light.
Eat and drink during the meet.
Open light.

So you have to shit 6 times during the meet?

I was unlucky on my squat and just too ambitious on my bench and super fatigue on my deadlift so i went 6/9 but i definitely will do again

Try not to stiff yourself so hard, youll have fun puking on the judge while deadlifting

Planning on what I could do in the gym for a double on a really shitty day. Probably S: 475, 525, 550 B: 365, 385, 400 D: 585, 630, 650

i'll keep that in mind, been a long time since i deadlifted conventional

Double? Triple is the rule.

>Me me me
>I I I
You've done one fucking meet. Stfu

How wide should my stances be on big 3? Recently I've been making 1RM gains by widening things (esp going from conventional to sumo) so I'm tweaking my technique. Would it be worth trying to go as wide as humanly possible or is there some sweet spot in the middle I should be looking for?

Extra wide equipped. Moderate raw.

First meet was the subject of the convo i was telling my experience of that exact subject So the guy asking could expect or avoid the same mistakes

But me saying this wont matter because you and the other autists will still try to find something to say no matter what i do

Hahaha i bet youre the same person who raged on him about not competing too lmao youre sad man

He asked what he should do, not what you did. I bet irl people yawn in your face or look at their phone and you just keep talking about yourself.

Nope thats literally never happened
Also talking about my own experience is a pretty good way for someone else to gage what they shoukd expect

someone tell me what the FUCK happened today

>programmed bench sets were supposed to be smooth
>first couple sets were easy because the weight was moving fast but I wasn't grooving at all
>felt like flat-back bodybuilder form
>4th set RPE10
>stop benching, switch to accessories
>muscles initially feel like they aren't doing any work at all but suddenly fail towards end of set
>couldn't control my left-right arm/body imbalance

what the fuck? i've trained on low sleep before but this is weird. I felt like I had no control over my muscles. Is this what training as a girl feels like?

it also felt like i was disassociating...i hhave to go to sleep

Go see a doctor.

depersonalization derealization

this has happened to me before when i'm tired or sick. just a 1 time thing every 2,3 years. ive just never worked out while it happened

im not mentally ill hehe :)

120/100/160 after 1.5 years
>tfw no talent

don't get overly connected to what you want as thirds, especially this far out. you might feel like shit that day and not hit any of those and be disappointed, or you might feel great and have way more in you, or you may feel ok and squat and bench fine but be drained by the time deadlift comes around. see how you feel that day and let that dictate your thirds.

talk to people. people at comps are usually super friendly and helpful. tell people good job. cheer for people. everyone wants you to do well, even if you are competing. be nice to everyone. have fun.

have someone there to calm you down .

take your last warmup as the flight before you is starting their third attempts.

be smart about what you eat and drink all day. make sure you have enough, but not too much.

open with something that you could pretty much wake up, roll out of bed, and hit at RPE5

practice the commands as often as possible, especially the bench ones.

I usually open with what I feel like is my 4 rep max, so what I can triple @9

I've come up with what might be the greatest scientific result in strength sports. I call it the GDE formula.

I, myself, have relentlessly proven my GDEness. I'm 188cm (6'2) and 105kg (~230lbs). My stats are 200/135/240 (440/300/530).

The GDE formula reads :

F_GDE = f_s x f_il x f_el x f_th

Where F_GDE is the GDE factor, f_s is a factor that accounts for general strength (muscle nass, technique, CNS adaptation), f_il accounts for internal leverage, f_el for external leverage and f_th factors in the power of will (trying hard).

Let's now compare the world best (screamer) and me. He certainly is at least 20% stronger, being shorter his external leverage are 10% better (except in deadlift), I've taken f_il = 1.15 and assumed he tries 5% harder. All in all, we get F_GDE = 1.6 for bp and squat and F_GDE = 1.45 for deadlift (f_el = 1).

To some weak experimental and estimation error, we get

Total(Screamer) = F_GDE x Total(me)

If you think I've just thrown some random number in, know that I've been working on this for months and will submit a short article to some scientific journal very soon.

shoo shoo hairy hobbit man

>C6W W1D1
>inflated maxes
>hungover

iron lyfe

>242 weight class

That's not a USAPL weight class, user.

>IPF memeing in comfytime

if i eat 300 calories under tdee today will anything happen

Shoo shoo raffy

FR if you're still here, lower all of those openers and from now until the meet, pause your bench for longer. I would be very surprised if your bench pause in competition is that quick. even if you're fatigued, your squat opener for your first meet should be rpe5. you're going to be nervous. take something that the only way you would ever even have to worry about misgrooving is if someone comes up and hits you in the knee with a lead pipe.

also refer to what I said to the other user a few posts up.

Moving out to Sweden (Lund) for 10 months soon. Any bro over there? Can someone recommend a good pl gym in the region?

Lunds TK probably. If you have cash you can consider a well-equipped crossfit gym.

Seems pretty nice. Especially since it's in walking range of where i'll be living.

You're from Denmark, right?

Norway, you?

Got hired for a project?

I'm from Belgium. Moving out to start my air traffic controller training. The european training center is close to Malmö

Allahu akbar brother

I wonder if Malmö is as bad as they say.

Mirin' your RAM.
Good luck fAm.

no i usually get super horny from deadlifting

>that taper
Lol wtf

ah, nog een belg
Waar train je nu?

Ik woon in Luik. Waar woont je, lad ?

I haven't lifted in 2 fucking months because i got the flue. 2 fucking months FML

Antwerpen, senpai

Final day of fucking around, gonna start a real program after easter. What should I bench, deadlift and do for accessories plg?

It's normal for benching to require a lot more focus as you get heavier right? Feels like 80% is much harder than 80% used to be.

87.5kgx6 on cuckols was pretty hard for me and I'm supposed to hit 92.5kgx4 tomorrow

Not even sure if I can do it, if I've done the 6s so I should be able to do the 4s but feel like I'm going to get crushed

;_;

fuck off luke

kys

>isley is in bodybuilder

You doing 3xbeg? How much has your bench increased?

5 days off cuz of a sore throat and a constantly coughing

tried going back on wednesday to bench and got a splitting headache just warming up from all the coughing, i hate this

I didn't bench for a long time and my form was pretty bad but so far about 20kg to e1rm/all days.

The third monday is the hardest day

3x8 75% after doing 4x3 85%

brutal day

how the fuck can you bench two plates but dl and squat that little?

Failed a squat PR last week and this week had to deload 10kg of my normal squat weights because had no strength at all. Did that failed rep drain all my strength or what the fuck? I never miss training reps, but how important is not to fail PR attempts outside of competition period?

it is

How do you clean your knee sleeve? Mine are starting to stink, and my hands smell of sweaty sock when i put them on.

Worried about putting them in the washing machine incase they are ruined.

Are these any good for competing?
Bw - 100kg
Squat - 192kg
Bench - 110kg
Deadlift - 230kg

Thanks rippletits
Also trappy or boardshorts notice me ples

>there are other Belgians in /plg/
Holy crap, never seen that before.
I'm looking to start competing. I live in Leuven, is there any meet besides the Flemish open I can sign up for? I was looking around the IPF affiliated fed and it seems most meets are interclubs but there are no powerlifting clubs anywhere near me, or at least not close enough to regularly go train and join their team for meets. But as far as I could see, that only leaves the Flemish open championship that I can sign up. The Belgian championship requires a (low, easy to reach) qualifying total but it's like a month after the Flemish open so that kinda messes up the training. Would suck to only be able to compete once a year.

Can you guise please rate this squat desu

Monday
3x5 heavy

Tuesday
4x5 very light

Thursday volume
6x8 moderate

I'm also doing 28free 2xint deadlift on monday and thursday.

Squat 180ish kg
Deadlift 200 kg

>tfw realized that my deadlift sucks now because I'm cutting and now have a twink tier torso with lmaonomass
kind of wanna kms Tbh

You are a bit heavy, you could probably afford to recomp.

Your bench is hardly even above your body weight, sqaut is decent and DL is alright too but you could be that strong at 80kg unless you are a lanklet.

I'm a manlet. I'll try and lose some weight user thanks for contribootin

What do you guys think of The Cube? Someone at my gym recommended it to me, and it seems like fun. Right now I'm planning on starting it next week. Has anyone done it before?

Pre back injury (Could not lift lower body for 6 months)
>110kg BW
>115kg bench
>185kg squat
>230kg DL (Grind)

Now (4 months of lifting lower body again, started at bitch weight)
>90kg bw
>122.5kg bench
>170kg sqaut
>235kg DL (Was ez fast pull no grind)

Is muscle memory a thing? How did i manage to get stronger in such a short amount of time and weigh significantly less, i bulked for 8 months to get those first lifts and did this whilst eating at maintenance/defect only started squatting properly again 12 weeks ago too.

Can't help you, vriend. I'm not looking to compete yet.
I tried looking for a club too but couldn't find any in a reasonable distance. Shit sucks.

Do some greg nuckols program

Failing reps is extra hard on your recovery, try to avoid it.

My first heavy day of doing Texas method I hit my squat, (190kg x5)

On my bench attempt (130kgx1) I was just grinding it out at a sticking point and my friend who I never train with and doesn't pl took some of the weight off of me early because he thought I needed help, I'm fairly certain I was going to get it.

I was a little pissed but I got the same weight a week ago when I was finishing 5/3/1, should I just count it because when I tried again I didn't get it because of fatigue

How to improve bench arch? Any good stretches?

WL or flat shoes?
Been thinking about switching to flats from wl shoes, how do I go about it? I can't comfortably squat with the same stance (heels under armpits kek) with flats as I do with a heeled shoe. Should I just try going wider? Are there any guidelines as to what should work better for certain body types? I'm 6'3 with memurs.

What should I do instead of C6W bench programming?

I dont get why people say C6W is shit for bench, so far added 10kg in two cycles.

instagram.com/p/BSzaXTbFPzX/

>your arch will never trigger people i

First time running, hit my previous paused max tng and couldn't even tng 2kg more

It doesn't work if your bench is above 100kg Dino

but hit massive pbs on the volume, go to 90% for 4 when my previous was 1. Maybe I just had a shit day when testing maxes.

You added no weight at all?

What accessories did you do, and did you hit the max rep range for each week?