Why i front squat so underrated?

Why i front squat so underrated?

wtf 2 shens?

Harder to get the right form and it's not as easy to hit meme weights for instagram

Wrong. Mobility is harder, form is a lot easier.

I thought it was easier?

It's also not parroted to be "one of the key movements, blah blah"

It's lighter, not easier.

Wrong again, it is easier because all you need to do is not lean forward, and remember to keep your elbows up. It's not a form issue, but a mobility issue.

Because unless you're a hardcore gymrat there isn't enough difference between front and regular squats to justify a concious choice between the two exercises, people just go for the most popular. It's just hairsplitting

Front squat will hit your upperback, core and legs better.

Youre implying grip holds any factor, I use cross armed form and allow the weight to sit on my upper deltoid/chest area.

The lift itself requires more explosive power at the bottom and isolates quads better overall.

That's bull. The front squat is more taxing than a backsquat. Why do you think oly lifters train the back squat with a ratio of 2/1 compared to their front squat, despite the front squat being more specific to the clean.

How would you know? Your body is so fucked that you can't try holding it the right way. Good luck with imbalance.

Oly lifter works on their ankle mobility so they can back squat upright like a front squat on their back.

>better
wrong, it's just a different exercise

it's not necessary

>Pic related

That's bull again. Just by the nature of the bar placement you have to lean forward more on the back squat and it still doesn't explain why they train it more than a movement that is more specific to their sport.

front squats are the ideal oly lifting squat and are also excellent to use on a light day of a Texas method program as some variance to help improve ones low bar squat

>6'2
>Tfw long femurs

i think i might have give it up. i cant stay completely upright during front squats and it has nothing to do with my mobility. i just pulled muscle in my back for that reason.

Look up ankle mobility. I have long femurs, but no longer have that problem.

The real answer is because you can move more weight on your back vs on your front (more muscles used etc). The more weight you can squat front or back the better you'll be able to finish your heavy clean. I doubt many weightlifters clean as much as they 1rm back squat, so the ability to squat more weight makes the clean easier.
It has nothing to do with front squat being more "taxing" more weight = better, and back squat = more weight than front squat.

Don't ask me. I front squat the same weight that I high bar squat. On the high bar, the technique fall apart when you increase with too much weight. On front squat you'll just lose the bar.

did it help you stay more upright? and what stretches did you do specifically?

Core strength nigga

because the bar position is very close on the high bar squat and front squat.
front squat, however, is more core limited because of the longer lever arm between the bar and the spinal erectors.

Additionally, with the frequency of building up to moderate to heavy cleans, they get plenty of time under the bar in the FS position.
however, this is for exhibition and development of the sport lift.
for the purpose of developing the muscles most involved in the clean and the snatch, the high bar squat fits the bill as it does exactly that while being less limited by the factors that prevent the FS from being the primary source of squat volume - the mentioned core strength limitation - while also emphasizing the more upright torso position demanded of the snatch and the clean, which would not be achieved as well by the low bar squat because it would be more liable to develop a movement pattern in the squat that would not be conducive to the positions obliged in the olympic lifts

the high bar squat is simply the tool that best fits the bill for their sport, just as the low bar squat is the tool that fits the bill for PL. competition and sport specificity is absolutely relevant.

If you have to ask if it helps me to stay more upright, you already know your problem. Any stretch that allow you knee to surpass your toes.

because an old texan geologist with a mediocre powerlifting total who only trains the easiest demographic to train does not parrot it as the best lift, and autistic internet communities full of incels have not taken a front squat myopic routine and shoved it down everybody's throat and made it into a meme

Because the are really hard to do in a smith machine.

Because you're weaker on front squat than you are back squat and I am very insecure in my masculinity.

I do front squat once a week for hypertrophy days and love it. Would recommend. I do hate it when include to a set and the bar starts to roll foward though

>I use cross armed form

Thanks for letting us know that we can ignore your opinions

Arnold used cross armed and probably repped more than your max for sets of 20.

I want to start doing it but I have some issues with the grip. The crossed over grip hurts my delts while the grip like in the OP is hard to hold on to for my wrists

Lay off the curls Gymbro and do some mobility