How do I get to being able to do 50 push ups?

I'm at 20. How does one do it /fit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You do 20 and then do another 30.

20+30=50

I learnt that in school.

u lil shit

But user, those are two completely different numbers.

do as many as you can everyday until that number becomes fifty.

In my experience, there are two ways. you can of course do tons of pushups and hope to progress, but in general this method seems to stagnate fast for most people, but it could take you to 50.

To get beyond that you need to increase musculature in your upper body, lose fat, and get a strong triceps instead of shoulder loockout. (triceps lockout is elbows pointing forward in the pushup position)

To recap:
>Get strong upper body with waights
>Lose fat, low bodyfat percentage i key
>Focus on getting a string Tricpes lockout
>Now you can reduce waights and focus on pushups

t. 80 pushups max in millitary test

You need to continue past 20 brah

I hit 53 last week. Just do pushups like 3-4 times a week, see how many you can do, then see if you can do one more. ALso you should be doing like 100 pushups, even if you can't do them all at once. Benching also helps.

Do as many push ups as you can, then do that amount every day and increase it by 5 every week. Eventually you'll be able to do 50.

idk if this works, but I've had it on my computer for a while. Try this

tried aomething similar back in the day, it does not work. Progresses too fast.

OP here

How does one add this to his normal gym routine?

I'm able to lift a decent amount of weight, but I cant do more than 20 push ups or more than 2 pull ups. And it pisses me off.

Try doing pushups a lot. That might work.

I have no idea why you would ask such a stupid question. But if you want actual advice just use your brain:
>What do push ups work?
>Oh. Its kalisthetic so being lean will help too.

There's your answer. Work your chest, arms, and shoulders, and get cut. Easy.

Or you can read the sticky and get fit properly.

i wanna know too
i do fullbody every session, 3-4 days a week

>add bodyweight at the end of my workout?
>compromise my max by doing it at the start?
>do it on rest day and compromise recovery?

whats the best tradeoff here

Compromise your max bud, focus on getting those stabilizers good first.

wtf does this even mean.

I'm going to be honest man, I dont understand what that means.

Or is it just, do less 1rep max shit and focus more on shit like abb twisters and planking.

i'm prob just being retarded here user, im sorry.

Kinda figured

Balance it with pulling/back or you're gonna have problems

Read something along these lines recently.

It explained it as follows:
Doing shittons of pushups is a strength endurance task, you output strength over time.

During this you're drawing from your maximal strength pool, how much strength you can put out once (basically your 1RM bench).

Therefore if you stall out with just doing tons of pushup sets, you need to increase that maximal strength pool by lifting heavy.

do 18, rest a few min, do 18 again, rest, repeat until you hit 50 or more. key is to always stay under total failure.

increase the amount you do per set every week. before you know it you'll be doing 50 at once.

>how do i do more of something?

this board never ceases to amaze me

>max push ups
>rest 3 min
>max push ups
>reapeat 5-6 times
>do this erry day
in couple months you will be able to do 50 pushups

Good method if you want to be disgusted of pushups forever.

The problem that I feel like i have is basically this.

>Lift heavy
>Gain mass
>Mass = weight
>Become too heavy for body weight exercises

I got the military draft test coming up soon senpai, im strong, but not do 50 push ups strong.

>>Become too heavy for body weight exercises
No such thing. Being heavy just means that bodyweight exercises are more effective.

Well i mean, I cant do pull ups. But i can do 60kg barbell rows.

How do i manage to do pull ups then? Without looking like a retard, so no fucking jumping pull ups or shit.

Hitting back 2 - 3 times a week?

how much do you weigh, 60kg row really isn't heavy.

Try doing dips
If you can build up to doing a lot of dips, you can definitely do a fuckton of pushups.

Barbell row should at least be higher than your bodyweight.. i.e. if you are ~90 kg BB row should be around 130-140kg

and BB row definitely should be higher than your weighted pull-ups

Download the 100 pushups app
I got tp 50 in from 20 in 3 months

Nice reference.

Not him but i weigh 65kg and do 60kg rows and i cant make wide grip pull ups.

get a stronger bench press, and then get as un-fat as possible, and then train pushups a few times a week so your body is neurologically primed to do them

from?

i'm 85kg, 1.86m 19 years

Been lifting for about 1.5 years now.

Deadlift 165 1 rep max 120kg 10 reps
Bench: 80kg 10 reps
Squat: 50kg 10 reps
OHP: 50kg 10 reps

Couldn't squat for like half a year since i fucked up my ankle. Also, I'm not on a program (I know, never gonna make it) because i cant find one that i enjoy doing desu.

Anyway, I know those numbers are still trash considering my weight. I have trouble losing fat because

1: I like a good sandwich
2: I dont cook my own food since i still live with my parents,

The mindset and proper food is a pain.
I dont need to be mister sixpack (even though i wouldn't mind) but i do want to get fitter.

I really just want to be able to do atleast 10 pull ups, 50 push ups, and still be able to lift weights. At this moment i feel like i'm too heavy for the weight I am lifting.

Any advice would be appreciated.

do main lifts then 5x2 pullups, bench more + triceps accessory will increase your push ups a bit

I'm going to be honest.

But I feel like i'll look like a retard doing only 2 pullups, or those assisted ones

why do you do 10 reps? aim for less reps with more weight if you want to build strenght. Regarding pullups, learn from scoobs:
youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

Do two repetitions of push-ups every morning. 6 days 1 day break.
I started with 2x20 now 6 months later I can do 2x100