Diet Thread

What sort of stuff do you guys eat in a day? Can I get some examples of meals that will bring my calories up to 3500 with good macros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vzuQTppd66E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Don't do it.

Stay in caloric defecit and replace 1 or 2 meals with a good protein drink.

Make sure to take protein last thing before bed too.

Wtf are u on about

I'm saying to stay in a caloric defecit.

There's no reason to do the horrible cycle of bulk then cut. You can achieve both at the same time as long as you don't deprive your muscles of the amino acids they need and keep exercising.

How many calories do you recommend? Is 3000 good? What are some basic cheap meals I can make to get to that amount of calories with good macros for gains

Have you calculated your TDEE yet?

You'll want to hover somewhere at -500 and -1000 depending on how much fat you have left to burn.

I wouldn't recommend -1000 for an extended period of time but you can stay at -500 indefinitely as long as you keep your protein intake up and take multivitamins to avoid a defecit.

Strongfat here

>Morning: 2x Bagel w/Cream cheese + bacon
>Afternoon: 4 egg omelet w/ Onion, pepper, pulled pork
>dinner: usually a big steak, Pork Chop, or 1/2 of a baby chicken with some fingerling potatoes on the side

bw in lb x15 for maintenance, x16-17 for bulk, vice versa for fat loss
two grams of protein for every lb of bw
look up that Veeky Forums diet tldr and choose from those foods
3-6 meals a day
thats the basics

my diet right now:
6'5, 103 kg

5 eggs
250g oats
apple
multivitamin

25g whey
cereal bar

400g chicken
150g rice
borccoli

25g whey
cereal bar

300g ground beef
500g potatoes
salad

30g cashews
ZMA

3700kcal, 280g protons

I'm a big fan of the shredded chef
High Protein Banana Oatcakes for breakfast or post-workout meal.

>357 calories
>30g protein
>47g carb
>7g fat

Are you not eating way too much protein though? How much does that cost you a day

>weight 195lbs

Usual diet:

>whole wheat toast 1 slice
> 1tbp peanut butter

Weights

Post workout
>high protein pancakes (3 cakes)
>1 cup milk
>creatine
>multivitamins

Lunch
>8oz Chicken rubbed w/ mustard
>Sauted spinach 2cups
>1 cup brown rice

Snack
>1 scoop whey

Cardio
>1 scoop whey
Or
>1 cup cottage cheese
>some sort of fruit

reduce carbs and you'll probably just be strong.

8-9 euros/day
>too much protein
lol, no such thing

Yeah, that 2 bagels and a side of baby potatoes is going right to his thighs

You can't just say everybody should always be cutting you fucking retard.

You cant really get too much protein, just reaches a point where it doesnt help anymore is all. Its pretty cheap if you arent picky, a $20 container of whey has like 1000 grams of protein.

Is there no cheapo way for me to do this? I was thinking of buying big bags of rice, 5kg chicken breasts a week (not sure if I'll need more or not) and big bags of brussel sprouts, big bag of whey, oats, milk, bananas peanut butter and brown bread I'm just wondering how many grams/ml of each I'll need to get to 3000-3500 cals, I wanna make this simple and cheap

1 tbsp of sugar free metamucil
10 cups of diced cabbage
1 can of chicken
2 cups of cheddar jack cheese
1 cup of bacon pieces
or
1 tbsp of sugar free metamucil
10 cups of diced cabbage
1 can of chicken
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 cup of pepperoni pieces
2 cups of mushroom marinara

If you really are a poorfag then buy a bunch of flour and whey and just make as much baked protein stuff as you need.

jesus fuck that's a lot of food

I wouldn't know what I'm doing with that, I wouldn't know how much whey or flour to put in etc

I prefer my idea of

Breakfast - oats, whey, milk, banana
Lunch - peanut butter sandwiches
Dinner - chicken, rice, brussel sprouts

I'm just trying to figure out how many grams of each I'd need to reach 3k cals and macros

Or I'm up for going down the meal prep road of just chicken, rice, brussel sprouts for each meal I'm just trying to get a gauge of how much I'd need to buy to last me a week before I go shopping for this

>"big fan of the shredded chef"
>go online to check out the book
>read a few lines,it's fine so far
>"You should be eating protein every 3 hours or so,if you go 4 hours without protein,your body will start breaking down muscle"

Who is this fuckboy

Plz help

I normally just eat chicken breast, frozen fruit, and maybe a yogurt every day.

I get paid tomorrow and Im going to go buy food for the first time tomorrow.
TLDR: im fucked up

Some stuff I have on my list so far:
Quinoa
Lentils
Cabbage
Veggies
Spices

Here is my bulk diet, eat it everyday

1 cup oats
1/2 cup berries (blueberries/blackberries)
2 cup orange juice
1 banana
1 cup yogurt

2 wholewheat bread slices
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 banana
25 baby carrots
2 oz cashew
2 oz almonds

1 apple
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 cup cooked grain (white rice/whole wheat pasta)
8 oz of meat (chicken/beef/fish)
1 cup vegetable (broccoli/peas/beansgreen)
1/2 baked potato (red/white/sweet)

25 baby carrots
1 cup taboulee
1 kiwi
1 cup berries (blackberries/blueberries)

1 cup beans (black/pinto)
1 cup cooked grain (white rice/whole wheat pasta)
1/2 baked potato (red/white/sweet)
8 oz of meat (chicken/beef/fish)
1 cup vegetable (broccoli/peas/beansgreen)

I exceed all amino acids, vitamins and minerals according to cronometer

I just read a bit of it on the preview and it doesn't say that at all. It says timing is largely irrelevant.

"You can eat three or thirteen meals per day."

"You're not on the clock after a workout, slowly losing gains."

Quotation marks mean something you illiterate faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=vzuQTppd66E

Aight I'll simplify it, how many grams/oz of chicken breast, rice and Brussel sprouts would I need per day to reach 3000 cals roughly

Bump need some cheap meal prep help

I'm sorry,you were saying ?

600g chicken
1250g rice
500g brussel

seems rights

you would be missing a lot of vitamins and minerals. need nuts, wider variety of veges, fruits, dairy and omegas

So what about
Breakfast - oats, whey, milk, banana
Lunch - peanut butter sandwiches
Dinner - chicken, rice, Brussels sprouts

How many grams of each do u think roughly? Also what would be the issue with just eating chicken, rice, brussels and taking a multivit?

6 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, and 3/4ths of a gallon of milk.

Calories are a shitty measurement btw.

Lentils
Rice
Whey powder
Butter
Chia seeds
Spices

Chai
Soy milk

How are calories a shitty measurement? I'm looking at what you eat on myfitnesspal and it's coming in at 2700 calories, also if that other guy was saying I'm not getting enough of the right stuff by just eating chicken, rice, brussels there's no way that u can be with bacon, eggs, milk

Bumping this

Bump

That seems like shit loads of ingredients but only comes in at 2600 calories

you're being m e e m e d son

>Calories are a shitty measurement btw

are you fucking retarded, calories is the basis of your entire diet plan

This thread is full of shitty broscience jesus christ

How about you guys contribute and give some answers instead of just judging and posting meaningless bs?

bulk diet? how much protein?

Is there any reason I couldn't live off of chicken, brown rice, kidney beans and brussel sprouts for the rest of my life? This seems like a concoction for cheap gains afaik, also take a multivit

200g or so

that is fine but you need nuts, variety of veges and fruits, and fish oils. Cut out the milk and whey, milk is shitty for your health and whey is a meme. I would consider eat 1-2 cups of oats, 2 bananas, 2 peanut butter and honey sandwhiches and then fill the rest with dinner ie. 500g chicken 750g rice and 500g brussel should reach 3k cal

also add in some of the shit i mentioned. cronometer is a good tool to make sure your getting everything possible in terms of amino acids, minerals and vitamins

you wouldn't be getting essentioal fish oils or many minerals

What about just chicken, rice, kidney beans and brussels you got any estimates on measurements for each to get to 3k cals?

beans are really good for gaining, in grams or cups?

Omega3, mutlivtiamin

Grams please

yep than you're all good it seems. whole food like nuts, veges and fruits will give you advantages over multi but if you can't fit it in no problem

something like 750g rice, 500g brussel sprouts, 500g chicken and 750g beans will give you plenty of protein and hit 3k cals

Sweet, I plan on buying chicken, rice, Brussels and kidney beans and just meal prepping to make it cheap and simple for me, if you've got those estimated measurements for me that would be appreciated man.

no problem but you wont be getting much fat from this diet, a lot of protein and carbs though

Any negatives to that?

This is what myfitnesspal reckons

What do you mean whey is a meme? It's just an easy way to get extra protein. How the fuck is that a meme? Fuck off with this bullshit.

How do I add fat to this diet? Cook in oil, or butter, add mayonnaise as a sauce? Maybe some olives?