Why do people who lift always end up fat?

Why do people who lift always end up fat?

How do I get fit and not get fat when I hit age 35?

Seems like the only good looking athletic people over the age of 35 are those that do cardio mainly and not lifters

>in college
>Everyone tells me over and over that you just fucking balloon in size/weight after you graduate and hit 25 years old
>As if it's some sort of unavoidable prophecy that you'll become fat
>Just turned 26
>Have an office job
>Still aesthetic

I really hate this self-enabling mindset everyone has about gaining weight as an adult.

The people that say that are the people that eat big to get big. Problem is that they never stop eating big..

People get fat when they get gf/wife or lose all hope.

Till then you stay hungry.

>was fat ass all my life
>ballooned to super fat ass at 422 lbs. at 27 y/o
>deflated the balloon to 235 lbs. at 28 y/o
>now at 275 lbs. and 4 months away from 30 y/o
>lifts are good, so it's time to do my final cut and maintain

Because they use it as an excuse to eat like shit and call it "bulking".

Dietary willpower, and cardio willpower takes 100x more discipline that the will to lift a few times a week.

Basically they eat the same shitty, high calorie low protein food they did in their prime

>being big requires lots of food.
>you get used to eatings lots of food
>you stop exercising
>you get fat
>with big muscles you look even bigger when you get fat even though you look fat instead of muscular

>Eat a huge surplus of calories to build muscle
>end up losing test/getting injured/giving up lifting
>still eat like a fat fucking hamplanet because your appetite is fucked up

Im still basically a noob and ive started bulking without officially counting calories but keeping them in mind and just eating healthy stuff with lots of protein, how much should i worry about overdoing it and getting fat?

>Eat big
>Get big
>get old
>Stop getting big
>Keep eating big
>Get big

The solution is to not be a fucking fatass

You shouldn't.
You will notice if you're getting fat before you actually end up fat. Unless you make a conscious effort to never look in a mirror or down at your body, and avoid evaluating how your body feels.

My dad eats fairly healthy but he eats massive portions of meat and potatoes so he's fat

My advice is to not eat massive portions of meat and potatoes, and instead fill your plate with mostly vegetables

Im not great with that though, i get really self conscious and assume im fat if the light is off or my gut is positioned so i look fatter. Hard to accurately judge myself.

I'm not that guy but I just use BMI (even though I know it has its flaws for the majority of people it is fine)

I was actually underweight for a while and just skinny fat so I saw that it was time to change it up a bit

Cardio

eating healthy and eating massive portions of potatoes are a contraction

Pick one

blessed our lord and savior

BUY MY SUPPLEMENTS

Follow his steps

????

This is what peak performance looks like

Because they always did sports in high school/college and never had to watch what they ate. Then they start a real life and think doing bench and half squats every other week counts as working out and never stop eating like a teenager so they get fat as fuck. In uni now and so many athletes I went to HS with are fat as fuck.

Get liposuction like Alex Jones.

>422 lbs
H-how tall are you?

Willpower? See, you fucking moralists don't know a godamn thing you're fucking talking about.

Eat fats and protein and you'll be amazed at how fast you get satisfied with a meal and how little it takes.

I guess it takes some willpower to only eat a single large meal but not really because you get so satisfied that even touching another portion seems disgusting.

Excessive fat is surprisingly easy to peel off as soon as you realize that 3 meals a day is far more artificial than the conditions our bodies evolved in.

you are LITERALLY fucking retarded

I'm retarded because I point out how the bodily feeling of "satiation" is far more helpful than any bullshit about "willpower".

Okay but that's just like your opinion man.

nope, you're retarded because you don't even know what the fuck are you replying to, you've been eating "healthy" and lifting shit for three months and you think you are entitled to a valid opinion

try doing cardio and eating healthy for the rest of your life without the "bullshit" willpower thingy faggot

You shouldn't be bulking at 235

Dude please stop you're embarrassing yourself

I was hoping for something better desu

>Be student.
>Higher metabolism (like 3000cal)
>Have little money for food.

>Be post grad
>Have lower metabolism ( 2000cal)
>Have money for food
>To lazy to make diner

You get used to the caloric intake.

I hate this mentality that everything just "happens" to you and you have no control over it and that you're born with everything you're ever going to accomplish. It really cheapens other people's hard work and makes lazy cunts feel ok with being mediocre sacks of rotting flesh.

Yeah, I feel this so hard. People convince themselves that everything happening to their body is some inescapable fact of biology.

>I just can't lose weight!
>I just have a short temper!
>I just don't sleep easily!

Just because 0.05% of the population has a legitimate issue with things like this doesn't mean you do, god fucking damnit.