Why have you not started intermittent fasting?

Why have you not started intermittent fasting?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15640462
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12425705
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21051570
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20921964
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18053308
youtube.com/watch?v=Yrb2xBLX-nI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I'm not a genetic defect who has any of the problems it claims to cure

Literally no advantage over a normal diet with calories and macros matched

Oh boy a poorly design infographic from
>((((((realherbs))))))
With no sources sure is convincing.

It's a meme, it works for people because they are consuming below their TDE and it's simple to track and regulate. It's just another fad diet.

Because I'm bulking to not be a skellyfag like you

not gonna meme you and say WRONG.. but there are some interesting studies suggesting otherwise

You know you have to actually back that up right?

>mfw defending my thesis later this week about how IF basically allows for a better, more efficient bulk and results in a leaner end physique
But don't worry I won't waste my breath on convincing you that you're wrong

OR you could provide some evidence to help convince us rather than trying to appeal to authority on an anonymous image board.
This is a place for fitness and learning (and shitposting) if you think people should IF spread your knowledge.

>benfefits

Just dumping some sauce

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15640462
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12425705
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21051570
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20921964
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18053308

I've tried intermittent fasting and it works very, very well. The only "difficult" part is sticking to it consistently. Anyone who says otherwise is a fat fuck bitter that they don't have the willpower to keep at something like this.

Is this for or against?

Wait, really bro? That's your argument? You are writing an invisible thesis?

lol, okay man. How about this then. Me and my colleagues are working on some official scientific research in our science labs which proves your "thesis" is wrong.

But don't worry, I won't waste any time showing you the evidence. ;)

for...

Because I don't know how to go about it

What's your IF schedule like? I find its easier to not eat in the afternoon than the morning so I usually fast from 2pm to 9am

>don't eat for 16+ hours
>eat for 8- hours
>repeat

it's not hard

I can't. I do physical taxing exercise twice a day, and bed food after.

just set a time window where you eat everything you where gonna eat that day, like 8/16 - 8 hours in which you eat all your meals, then 16 hours fasting (including sleep)

>12 pm to 8 pm feeding
>then fasting until 12 pm next day

You can, your don't want to, I if and feel great, I'm not even a fatty. I'm thicc mode and still if to maintain my leanness. I workout twice a day 4 out of 6 days, and the other 2 days I workout then work a 24 hour shift as a fireman, I'm literally physically active for most of that 24 hour period and still only eat from noon to 8, I have good body composition and I lift pretty fucking heavy, the shit works anyone who says otherwise had never tried it long enough to see results

How bad is it that I usually fuck up my IF once a week?

I don't find it hard to stick to it, it's just that on Fridays/Saturdays I'll go out with the boys and drink all night, so obviously after 8 I'm still ingesting carbs and sugars.

So pretty much every week I stick to it 6 days out of 7, how much benefits am I missing out on?

Eat for 8 hours? Hot diggity!

I haven't eaten since Tuesday at 1700. I was really craving food last night, no matter how much ice water and salt I consumed. I'm planning on going about 20 days. Tips?

I didn't feel like reading it until I knew what the argument was.

and then hit the same calories/macros in that window depending on goals?

>how to become skelly in one easy step

>Tips?
dont

yes, it's not a diet but a pattern/schedule of when to eat

Literally skeleton when he fucking dies.

i usually have a protein shake and a cup of coffee, 300 calories for both and only eat lunch AROUND 250 Cals at 12 and dinner at 630 which can be anywhere from 500 to 1000 calories followed by a one mile walk, i drink over 33 fl ounces of water... is what im doing considering IF and or right? ive lost 16 pounds as of mar 21, and go to the gym on the weekends as during the week i work in a constructiom yard from 7am to 5pm. i use MFP app.

IF gets explained good in this vid, also lots of other valuable information youtube.com/watch?v=Yrb2xBLX-nI

how fat are were you to begin with? 20 days at 2500TDEEE and 3500kcal per pound of bodyfat makes nearly 15pounds of fat you would have to lose (if you are ignoring the muscle decomposition)

Because I'm dependent on high concentrations of insulin in my bloodstream at all times to fuel muscle growth via increased uptake of glycogen to muscle rather than fat. I work out twice a day because I'm a competetive weightlifter.

Wait does this work? It doesnt sound like a bad idea, even though its a bit crazy.

There are literally 0 studies to prove any of the claims in that picture.

fuck you and the fags you rode in on

>all these people taking the bait

OMAD + Keto masterrace checking in.

I'm starting in may a 18/6 IF with a -500 calorie deficit a day.
Can just hope in on this fast, or do I need to do some kind of warm-up fast

He doesn't have to do anything just because its desired. His statement is true or false whether or not he proves it. If you want to know and he has not obliged himself to back it up, back it up yourself lazy user.

18/6 is a warm up for 1/23.

If 18/6 is a bit too hard for you at the beginning, dont obsess too much over it. Dont count hours, dont beat yourself up. Ease into it and see how you feel.
If you feel a little lightheaded and dizzy, it will stop and get better. Do some cardio in the morning if you can. That should deplete the glucose levels quickly

thanks I also have acces to high quality bone broth from wild game
Can I drink it while fasting or do it in my window?

try without it for a while, 18/6 really is not that hard. i got used to it after 3-4 days or so.
A friend was visiting and told me about IF. The next days we just ate later and stopped eating in the evening.
Im having great success with it, but I dont really make a big deal out of it. If something comes up like dinner with friends or whatever, I just partake or eat less carbs.
Veeky Forums has the tendency to obsess over every little thing, its just unhealthy in its own right.
But generally, yes its ok.

Your attitude is something that I would also do.
I want to try IF because due to my poor background I had already gone through not eating for whole day till evening and it weren't so bad so I might feel it beter than forcing 5 meals a day.

Also a fatty doing an extended fast over here, just to test my willpower.

I haven't eat since Sunday 1800. The 4th day was the one where I felt most sluggish, but today I feel pretty awesome. Stick with it, once you get over the hump of a few more days, you'll be fine.

Just be sure you listen to your body. You start getting nauseous, vomitting, headaches, muscle cramps or anything like that, those are signs you should probably break your fast.

Make sure you're getting some potassium and sodium. I just throw some litesalt 50/50 sodium potassium in water and drink it if I feel the symptoms of low electrolytes.

It hasn't been too hard for me because I've been on Keto, so my body is already fat adapted, if you weren't your cravings are probably through the roof.

yes people need to relax a bit, especially if you are trying to lose weight. Being motivated and ambitious is great, but once it starts to get obsessive, everything can drain you mentally.
I usually eat only around 18 and then maybe 21-22 in the evening, but its variable depending on how my day is. Today I ate at 11am before lifting since my gym closed earlier and Ill cook something now. After the gym I had a coke as well, the horror.

btw, pic related my arms, unflexed but it looks bigger because I folded them and the angle. Just for the one faggot claiming I was a fatty in the last thread. 5'10, 163lbs from 174 when I started IF. Havent really had any noticeable muscle loss, most seems to be water weight and a little facial chub. But Im feel way leaner, especially face, neck and arms.
Been lifting since Nov 2016, but I played sports from childhood till around 19-20

Mirin' forearms holy shit

>20:4 fast
>ordered a pizza
>ate all of it
>wake up today
>still lost weight
>about to take a massive shit
Feels good man,

That's a false dichotomy. There is a third choice, no one need bear the burden of another's desire. If you wish to know more, then seek the answer yourself. This is Veeky Forums not a university. Providing sources is a courtesy.

>Why have you not started intermittent fasting?

Oh look!

Another 'infographic' composed of vague positive reasons with no backing sources of evidence!

Yes - the sort of drivel which acts as propaganda the unthinking person needs.

(Whilst I know that their are benefits to fasting shitty infographics like OPs which provide no sources for their claims are just infuriating and poor ways to start debates on subjects)

People who were starving at one point or another have been found to live longer (provided they didn't starve to death). It's why so many Holocaust survivors tend to be so damn old.

Granted fasting is nowhere close to starving but you get the point.

>It's why so many Holocaust survivors tend to be so damn old.

errr a-alrightt

How do you do IF correctly?
How do you continue through the hunger pains?
How long for results?

>How do you continue through the hunger pains?
Just sip on some water to hold back the hunger, works for me. The pains go away in under a week.
Other than that, I'm not really the correct person to answer the other questions

>Hitting that 3 day mark of not eating