QTDDTOT

I guess this is a now a questions that don't deserve their own thread.. thread.

Just recently started working out. Can someone describe the difference in effort between building muscle and maintaining existing muscle? In my mind, it's the difference going 0-60 in a car and maintaining the speed once you get there. I'm also physiologically illiterate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MPL487ToJt8
kaasplateau.com/stretches.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I haven't posted here for a while. But a question for you.

I would like to buy a great book on nutrition with comprehensive and up-to-date information. Not so full of jargon so it's too difficult to read, but
full of great information on nutrients, minerals, vitamins, et cetera. For educational purposes.

Can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time or should I be eating at a deficit and training until I've lost my gut, then ramping up my intake for gains?

I think both losing fat and building muscle can only occur at the same time while you're a beginner, although there are some diets which rotate cutting and bulking days. I think those have slower results though

You stop building muscle when you stop progressive overload.

Every author is pushing an ideology, and selectively includes studies that defend their perspective. The nearest thing to objective I can think of is In Defense of Food, and really it's just saying eat natural, unprocessed foods (only things someone would recognize 1000 years ago), eat more plants than meat, and don't overeat.

You can, building muscle is about progressive overload and losing weight is about eating fewer calories. Doing both at the same time isn't fun if you've got a lot of weight to lose, but you can do it.

I always keep my training equally difficult for me, works best imo. But yeah once you gain some muscles you can maintain them with one full-body workout per week

What's an efficient workout to improve cardio, speed and general dexterity?

Okay i've lost 10 kilos in the past 3 months and i want to speed it up. I'm around 210 pounds and 6'2 probably 18-20% bf and want to get down to 15 and less possibly until summer. I want to speed up my cut to get shredded for the first time in my life. I've been lifting for 4 years or so which means i got mass just need to lose the fat.

What do you recommend, should i do it? I was thinking of jumping on keto or lowering calories to like 1500 a day

I did keto and HIIT (boxing) a couple years ago, I've never dropped weight so fast in my life.

I've been doing SL for a month now and have noticed a very small difference in my strength/the way my body look but I feel like I'm not pushing myself enough and want to do a bit more.
The amount of weight I'm lifting in steadily increasing and I feel and look somewhat better but there has to be more I can do.

What accessories can I do on the side that won't affect my progress negatively?

The first two are covered by running (a mix of endurance, tempo, and sprint training in your case). You need to be more specific about what dexterity.

That desire to push yourself really hard in the beginning is what makes 99% of people quit everything they do, be it diets, exercise, music practice, etc. Just stick to the plan for a couple more months then adjust from there.

but everyone at the gym is so much stronger than me.
I want to be strong.

For progressive overload on a routine like PPL are you supposed to be able to add weight/reps to every lift you do that day every time?

how fast and how much did u lose, was it worth it, did u get shredded?

Are grip training 'devices' worth using?

I have a pretty weak grip and struggle with double overhand grip deadlifts, but I want to push through without using wraps/mixed grip.

Would this help me in any way or is that shit just placebo?

I've had good results using Fat Gripz, user. My grip is a lot stronger since using them.

Huh, cool. Didn't know about those things. Do you use them in every barbell exercise?

Did you get bigger forearms or just a stronger grip? I want to beef up my forearms (wristlet)

Not on squats, but I use them for everything else.

Forearms got bigger, too.

Yeah, of course. Thanks, $0.02 has been deposited, etc.

I'm gonna buy them, looks like a lot of people are recommending them. I'm a wristlet like the other user, and I get bad tendonitis when putting the bar down or lowering it during barbell curls, so hopefully this would help me out.

Is vapeing safe, I know it isn't 100% healthy (What is) but can it be pretty harmless?

With nicotine or without?

I don't know if they will help with tendonitis, but I know that your grip will get stronger.

Well, say I am not a smoker, it would be smart to only ever start without nicotine right?

Unless there is some odd thing where if you don't use nicotine, an even worse substitute is used.

I think I have disproportionately more fat around my gut, is there any way to lose this quicker or could it always be disproportionately more?

having a dildo in ur mouth should be enough of a reason to not do it

Is the "stripped" version of 5x5 (the one on the sticky) and cardio between those days a good plan for someone who wants to lose weight then get ripped?

I need to have a copy paste for this shit, but I'll go over the basics and where to look for more shit.

For an overview of what grip strength entails look into ironmind. It's almost like a whole other body with its own set of compounds to work. Pic related are some of the basic concepts to consider with a well rounded grip workout. They have a nice range of equipment, their grippers are also the standard.

For more old timey style equipment related to short metal bends and odd object holds the most comprehensive supplier is David Horne. Where Iron Mind lack in adjestable training equipment for grippers and metal bends, Horne has a comprehensive set of adjustable tools. His odd object stuff is also F U N C T I O N A L, for example if you're into climbing it's very good for single hand deadlifts.

Also obligatory mention of the Ivanko supergripper and its clones. With decent springs you won't max it out ever. Unlike Horne's gripper it's harder on the close but easy on the start so the two of them complement each other nicely. Horne's gripper is far far more flexible with accesories like the thumb screws too.

I did my first day in gym last Saturday and now every time i open my arm there is a popping noise in the elbow. I can feel the bones connecting as well. It doesn't hurt but it's annoying as shit. Is it something to do with stress or something i need to do differently (did dumbbells at 5kg)
I'm going gym tomorrow and will definitely be doing warm ups and stretches.

Any other homegym bros lurking?
>not a real question just gearfaggin my shit around now that everything is set up

Please, which days should i add dips, curls and ab wheel/leg raises

Abs should i do front squat on Friday?

got an ab wheel last week, how many reps should I be doing?

So I am deep into a cut. Several months deep, getting extremely lean with just maybe 1-3 lbs of stubborn fat left.

My cravings went through the roof and I've been bingeing on junk for the past 3 days. It's like 2 hours later from my last binge and I am looking lean, like my body just absorbed that food without bloating for some reason.

How does this happen? I used to binge and be watery and bloated for like 2 weeks.

youtube.com/watch?v=MPL487ToJt8

pretty masochistic desu

>on a cut
>bad sleep
>supposed to go heavy today

I feel like this is a recipe for failure. Should I go lighter?

Am a whale girl that's gonna kill herself tomorrow but decided to pop in here to check it out and ask one single question:

Is it possible to "cut" and lose weight without taking metmorfin? I'm not diabetic but I do have a """slow metabolism""" and PCOS which according to doctors I could drink water and gain a pound which honestly sounds like horseshit but idk enough to not dispute it. I'm
>240lbs
>5'5"
>23
And aware I'm gonna die an ugly virgin but idk if I should actually try or just kms like I've planned. What do you think Veeky Forums

room seems a bit narrow but im mirin that pull up bar and desk

3x amrap (2 before failure)

Footwork for things like soccer, for instance.

Will I have cep's to flex on SS

Give it a try and I'm sure you can if you really want to. You can always kill yourself some other time

I don't have PCOS or any knowledge of it so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

I believe almost any disorder or problem can be cured or at least managed well with an appropriate diet and exercise. Try your best to eat well and exercise and you will get it under control.

Also although you have PCOS and it may be harder for you to lose weight, I doubt that's why you're 240 lbs and that it's keeping you from slimming down.

Eat less and you will weigh less. Try that first

I probably didn't add enough words to that but nah I don't blame my weight on PCOS, I have a shitty diet. I don't eat out/drink soda more than twice a month but I do fuck up my eating schedule a lot which leads to binge eating thus the weight gain. Or actually I havent gained a pound in like a year now, I just don't lose any. Which of course fucks up my brain and makes me stop "dieting" for the two weeks I try before I give up. It's all my fault desu which makes it harder I guess

if you lose the weight without killing yourself to make it rot off you, i'll put my penis on your dad's face while he's sleeping and you can watch and wake him up if you want.

185 cm
80 kg

Dead: 120 kg
Squat: 100 kg
Bench: 60 kg
Row: 60 kg
Press: 50kg

Can I start an oly program? Should I wait until I'm stronger?

>lose one and a half pounds of bodyweight after taking a piss

this means i'm not drinking enough water, doesn't it?

Should I lift with a hernia?

Seeing the doctor next week and I'm guessing surgery will be within a week or two later.

I've already skipped one day but I feel like a lazy sack of shit now. What should I do?

Will caffeine pills break a fast?

What about expired nasal spray?

Jenkem?

Motherfucker if you didn't drink enough water would your body put you at even more risk by pissing out 1,5 pounds of what little would be left?

no dude use your arms

y-yeah. mine would. you don't know what you're talking about man, leave me alone.

no

maybe hit 1/2/3/4 first? although it would be fine to start now but your bench seems to be lacking slightly.

So I went to up my diddly to 120kg. The actual lifting was fine, however, my fingers just could not hold the bar for multiple reps. How do I get better grip?

to help:
try mixed grip, straps, hook grip, chalk

to improve grip strength:
farmers walks, wrist curls

is there a point where my heart rate will stop sinking? Even before lifting I had a rather low heartrate (50-60) with a 100/60 pressure, but now after a year of lifting+cardio im regularly down to the low 40s (with 115/70).
Subjectively i feel better with a higher heartrate, but i don't really want to take caffeine all the time, are there any alternatives?

How do I achieve bruce lee mode?

low heartrate = efficiency

learn to love it.

what happens if I do my usual routine weight-wise but with less repetitions and much shorter breaks? are my gainz in danger? I was in a rush today

Any tips for lowbar squats for a beginner? I just started squatting last week, and the past couple of work outs I've been stuck at 95. Just eat more? I've been cutting for the past 3 months, so maybe that's why my progress is shit.

Also, near the end of my sets when I'm struggling I cave my knees, any tips for avoiding that? Is it better to just collapse on the safety bar then cave the knees to get the bar up?

Been really dry for a while now. Worth it to maybe not jerk off for like 1-3 days and visit a hooker for a blowjob. What do you think?

Btw just to edit good looking hooker here costs 35-50 euros for 30 min

So I was jumping rope on thursday. Like, REALLY hard. It was the first time I jumped this intensely.
Because of my ankles have been hurting for two days now. When I'm moving them around I mean.
It's fine when I'm just walking though.
Is that normal?
Did I just overwork my ankles?
What are some good ankle stretching exercises?

Sounds like DOMS if it's just when you move them, is it a sharp pain or a dull pain? Is it actually your ankles or more towards your calves?

This might be a dumb question.

Is there an age where you just get too old to workout? I'm not talking 80's, 90's, but is my body just destined to go to shit in my 40's and 50's? Can I always look fit Veeky Forums?

That means you're drinking a lot of water you fuckhead

The pain in most definitely dull.
My ankle mobility is garbage too (I can't comfortably squat with my heels on the floor)

Sounds like DOMS to me, just give it a couple of days, if it doesn't go away, go to a doctor.

No dude nobody gets operations for hernias anymore wtf. Read any evidence based ressource. You must be americain.

Alright, thanks user, appreciate it

Is it possible to steal a girl from her boyfriend? This girl that I've been talking to has shown some signs of interest.

For example, I took her out one time, but then some shit happened and I didn't talk to her for about a week, and she went around and asked some people if I hated her.

She also showed a lot of interest when she found out I was interested, as we subtweeted each other, before we had met. (This was confirmed by a mutual buddy)

However, she's taken, but I'd like to change that. Obviously, I'll talk to her some more to see if I truly like her, but I'd like to know if anyone has general advice for this sort of thing. I've been lucky enough in life to only go after girls who haven't been taken yet, so this is a foreign idea to me. Should I even attempt this? Should I just stay flirty friends and then pounce if they break up?

My posture is shit. When I'm not lifting I'm sitting on the computer. How will this affect me and how do I fix it?

This is exactly for you
kaasplateau.com/stretches.pdf

when will i start seeing results

So wtf am I supposed to do? I mean it hurts and it's red. Why shouldn't I get hernia surgery?

what is the optimal amount of trains per week?

I've been doing Stronglifts for about a month and my OHP (lmao85lbs) has stalled for the last two times I went to the gym. Any tips?

Do more volume of lower weights.

I'm on a cut and I want to use creatine (I know), but I've been noticing my dad has been getting more bald as he ages. I fear that I might be genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness later in life. So is the whole "creatine causes hair loss" just a meme?

Read the program. If you fail to increase the weight a third time, drop the weight by ~10% and work your way back up.

I take pic related. Should I take one everyday or one every other day, considering it gives 200% of the daily amount per tablet?

>wants to start doing oly lifts
>commercial gym
>no space, no structure
>can't drop weights

shit, should i just buy a shitty bar and plates and do it at home?

Hey guys I was wondering how long it would take me to gain about 20 ibs of muscle as a new lifter. I can't get any estimate that seems remotely the same.

dawg you're going to be fucking up your bar/plates/floor if you fail a lift and you will. you need actual oly shit (bumper plates) and a legit platform to practice with. search around for a good gym (where they train sports teams) -- they're hard to find but they are out there.

I noticed small changes after around 3 months

Done something like this is the past and it ended up in a shitfest.
Had an affair with a girl in a relationship and wanted her to break up with her boyfriend to be with me officially.
She ended up not wanting to do that because it would have apparently "broken his heart" so I just left her.
Dude later found out that she cheated and obviously broke up.
In the end everyone lost.

What are the top number of meals i can replace with chia seeds to lose weight but not muscle?

why is zyzz's trip still banned?

Is losing weight too quickly (more than say 1kg/week) always bad for the body and muscles, even if the weight loss is driven by excercise.

I'm trying to get rid of excess bf @ 2500 kcal/day diet trough cardio on rest days.

Is sucking the nitrous oxide out of a whip-cream can more healthy than eating the whip cream?

No. If you're fat you can (and should) lose more (i.e. over 25 or 30% bf dependong on weight and how you're measuring it). Also initial weightloss is mostly waterweight so everyone should begin losing several kilos in the first week or two. If you're thinner/smaller so less weight or bf, you need to be more careful about it, but you can still lose more weight one week and then set it to a more sustainable level after.

What people ought to be converned about is skin dryness/stretchmarks. They are however more worried about loose skin. Most of the time loose skin is just a layer of fat still to lose (not always just mostly) so rarely something to worry about long term. And if it is something to worry about you've probably already been committed to that fate before losing any weight.

>I'm gonna die an ugly virgin
Post pics so we can judge.

Also eat less and move more and you WILL lose weight, even if you eat ice cream and don;t do any intense exercise. Alternatively just chop off a leg.

Why do some people say you should work the abs every day? Does it not need rest like every other muscle? I do 100 flutter kicks and 100 bike kick every other day, plus 2x1 min plank, is that enough?

I'm currently at about 18% bf and aiming for 10. I'm mostly concerned about muscle loss, which I know is a problem with low kcal diets, but I'm not sure if it also applies to high kcal diets combined with a lot of cardio.

Workout masks might help

Which version of the pushup is best for targeting the chest?

Depends. Many will say wide or those heart ones, the real trick tho is going as low as possible. So set up some chairs or gym rings so your chest isn't stopped by the floor.