>Greeks fear you
>they don't build any temples for you
>even other gods dislike you because you're grumpy
>as if your cunt brother Zeus was a fun guy to be around
>your wife hates you
>your only companion, Cerberus went missing
>ask Heracles to bring him back
>he does
keep in mind everyone else was trying to take advantage of Heracles and told him to do something fucking stupid while all Hades wanted is to find his dog, truly a good buy tarnished by normie propaganda

It's always Death/Underworld Gods and Trickster Gods who get fucked over.

Trickster gods are shitcunts
Death gods keep the whole universe working and get shat on for it

Fuck off. Just because Hades wasn't literal Satan doesn't mean he wasn't a cunt. Take your bullshit pop mythology back to tumblr.

>Waaaah why don't you celebrate the god that takes your loved ones from you and keep them locked away as prisoners until the end of time?
Stop being an edgy teenage faggot and accept that it's normal for people to resent death.

>Akshually Hades isn't the Greek god of death...
Don't be a fucking pedant.

Wait who is then? Thanatos?

What did Satan do wrong?

why was Hades a cunt you sperg?

his wife actually kinda ended up loving him I believe

>make a retarded statement
>correct it yourself hoping that the fact that you acknowledge what you said is horseshit will go unnoticed
he's not the taker, he's the judge and the keeper should he just say
>yeah lol you all deserve heaven and if you get bored you can fuck off back home
?

>Don't be a fucking pedant.
>altough hades isnt representing death, please let me spout my bullshit opinion even tough i know its completly irrelevant
so much retardation

not him, hades is the closest thing to the god of death there is. He does rule the land of all the dead people I think greeks talked about hades taking people away from them in euphemisms and such because they were afraid of him.

>hades is the closest thing to the god of death there is
fucking Thanatos was the god of death you mongoloid even the fear of death - thanatophobia is named after him

not part of the major pantheon though

and? What's your point? Just because a god isn't among the Olympians doesn't mean his role magically transfers to someone else

was thanatos even worshipped or thought of as a god by the majority of greeks, he seems like a literally who desu

he didn't have temples but neither did Hades, in people sang hymns to him though and he did have altars but generally everyone avoided his attention
>he seems like a literally who
because you're an american and know fuck all about anything

>completely absorted in love with qt virgin waifu material
>takes her to your realm to wife her
>her mother spergs out due to you having lost a bet and therefore having the worst job ever for all eternity
>your wife loves you but is literally the spirit of flowering and plant growth
>you want to give her the whole world she deserves but the only world you got is dark and cold and sad
>she can't take it and is depressed
>you let her go after all the gods pressuring you
>can only be with your wife for 4 months every year otherwise terrible shit will happen
>for all the months left you can only have the shitty world you are forced to live on because of work
>the only world you really want is her
DoItForHer.jpg

Also a friendly reminder that, in a religion that had all its gods constantly cuck each other in inumerous sexual escapades, Hades was the only god that remained faithful and Persephone was the only goddess to do likewise

>be Hephaestus
>immediately after you're born your bitch mom throws you off the mountain because of your birth defects

This is best post

t. Demeter

LMAO

If you worship him you get one of the most painful deaths and lives. Even amoung the greek gods, his is always remembered for it's cruelty. Over its beauty.

>do something 1/100th as fucked up as the shit Zeus and Hera do daily
>every god in the universe teams up to stop you
what the fuck was wrong with the Olympians?

the greek gods, were, in everyway, Abominations. Because they are all spoiled children.

>Being so fucking autistic that you can't recognize that even though Hades isn't the Greek "god of Death" he's still a fucking Greek death god.

Hades is ruler of the realm of the what now?
Say it faggots, I want to hear it.

>If you worship him you get one of the most painful deaths and lives.
the fuck are you on about you played some jRPG or something?

you should not ask me questions when you're talk like a dipstick

>you're

>be Dionysus
>just sort of wander into greece from the east
>everywhere you go people start going insane
>orgies, madness, alcoholism
>lol fuck civilization we innawoods cannibals and beast-men now
>get to be in the pantheon
>widely celebrated
>have many mystery cults
Why isn't this asshole more despised?

why are you responding to me you moron

>Hades is ruler of the realm of the what now?
Christian hell

Thanatos wasn't the "god of death" either autist. Thanatos was the god of dying peacefully, which maybe you've noticed isn't the only way to die .

Christian hell isn't ruled by anyone other than God if you want to be pedantic.

The only one in charge of hell is Him.

In mythology he rules over the afterlife, which includes heaven and hell.

Pagan gods are all demons anyway.

wasnt he quite the cunt in many stories?

Because most people, unlike you, don't feel that having fun is so awful.

Louhi, if we are following how Kalevala depicted her. Originally she was just your friendly neighborhood god of death.

>Be Louhi, the matriarch of Pohjola
>You have ruled your kingdom for probably centuries
>You have two beautiful daughters and a loving husband
>One day, a shaggy looking and wet old guy is carried by an eagle to your kingdom
>it's Väinämöinen
>Väinämöinen fell into ocean when Joukahainen shot him because his sister killed herself because she was forced to marry Väinö-boy
>Väinämöinen falls in love with your daughter and asks for her hand
>Ask him to make Sampo, the mythical artifact which gives endless wealth
>Väinämöinen travels back to Karelia and tricks his smith-friend Ilmarinen to Pohjola to forge it
>Meanwhile this asshole called Lemminkäinen arrives to your kingdom
>Lemminkäinen is a complete chad who kills your shepherds and soldiers just because he can
>make him do three tasks
>he fails the last one and is killed by a vengeanceful shepherd
>Back to main story
>Ilmarinen falls in love with your daughter
>he completes the Sampo and the other tasks you give him
>Your daughter decides to marry Ilmarinen over Väinämöinen
>Weddings are held
>Resurrected-by-mother's-love Lemminkäinen intrudes the party
>Challenges your husband to a duel and kills him by cheating
>Later Ilmarinen's slave kills your daughter
>An unmerciful winter arrives
>Suddenly Kalevalans, led by Väinö-boy, invade your kingdom to demand Sampo for themselves
>They almost take it, but after a sea battle it is lost to the bottom of the ocean
>Become so bitter from revenge that you send a bear to kill Kalevalans livestock and even steal the Sun and the Moon
>Your plans fail
>In the end you give up
>your fate is unknown but you probably die lonely and bitter with your country in ruins

>has not read the bacchae
there's a hill you should be dancing naked on

I mean, you can probably count on one hand the amount of times any Greek God wasn't a major cunt.

Hades relatively speaking wasn't that bad. He was just sort of autistic when it came to visiting the underworld.

Alternatively, he got thrown off because he took a beating for his mother/stood up for her.

everything I read about hades, out of all the greek gods, he was least shitty. He actually was somewhat kind and gracious too. Humble.

Zeus was a massive cock, but Poseidon was the biggest piece of shit.

Then again each god represented a force of nature, likely based on fears of the elements (thunder and lightning spooked people the most and was magical and powerful so they made zeus that god of that and the god of all) Poseidon was a huge dick because the sea would claim lives of fishermen and the navy.
Hades was the most *feared* but written as someone who just hates his existence and gets by, and has to occasionally work really hard because of his idiot siblings' autistic manchild rages over stupid shit.

Hestia is bestia

>goddess of hearth, family, home, the state and domesticity
>did not engage in frivolities or other heinous activities.
>The first offering of every sacrifice in the home was given to Hestia
>Worshipped by every red-blooded greek.
>beloved by every other olympian and one of the most important in the pantheon, despite sparse presence in myths.

>beloved by every other olympian and one of the most important in the pantheon, despite sparse presence in myths.
I think its not despite, its because of. The moment a God appears in a myth, its to either present a challenge to the hero (Sometimes offering help and advice if they are Hermes/Athena) or are there to fuck over the hero.

We did build some Nekromanteia that could be used as altars for Hades but I'm not 100% sure about this desu.

They reflect humanity better than the omni-present benevolent monotheistic god desu.

>moral of the story:...
>those first 3 Amorphis albums are great tho

>autistic
No man, he's just cold and calculating, unlike his spergy tempestuous brothers. Also, having to constantly deal with death he does not get involved in mortals' shit because he knows that would only give him even more of a headache to sort out.

>We
you're a turkish rape baby Faggomedes

alcoholism. think about it, it fits

>the only OK god was the god of drinking

Olympians just couldn't hold their alkohol

daily reminder that zeus' first depictions where that of a snake

>Stockholm syndrome makes it all okay.

>Why isn't this asshole more despised?
Because he is the god of tits and wine.

>Every god but my own is an evil minion
Kek. Would you look at this edgelord.

Wait what? Didn't lemminkäinen come over to that party a week late and got mad about the old food. I have only read the original version of Kalevala though. Not the new one.

Also Louhi did give birth to all diseases of the world when she was raped by the Northwind (Pohjantuuli)

stockholm syndrome ain't about love, bub. it's fear and survival instinct that linger and disguise it self as loyalty

What does he have to prove to mortals anyway? In the end they all end up his, whether they win the war or they don't.

we should be happy that our inevitable overlord doesn't feel the need to call us fag when we roll into

It might have been that also. It has been a long time since I have read Kalevala.

Also
>gave birth to diseases after being raped
That doesn't help in justifying Louhi's bad fate.

I think it happened after the whole Stealing of Sampo-saga. So she was poor af because Väinämöinen had picked the pieces of Sampo from the sea and divided it amongst the people of Kalevala.

Btw did you know that the Old Kalevala is only 30 euros from Salakirjat-press because of the whole Finland 100 years old thing. I recommend it to every finnish user.

Also Louhi did literally nothing wrong though she was a dick to other heroes of Kalevala.

Kek. ALL GREEKS AND BULGARIANS ARE TURKISH RAPE BABIES

Thanks for the tip.

don't be sad. even the turks are rape babys

You just keep telling yourself that, mateyboy. We all know you wouldn't even be allowed on Norrmalmstorg.

Also worth noting that he's insanely rich and has a massive collection of artifacts and valuables.

From what I've read, Greeks also associated Hades with mines and mineral wealth due to their proximity to the underworld.

Isn't Hephaistos the god of the miners though?

How does Hades feel about mortals? Surely he must have more empathy for them than most considering his existence parallels those of the living separated from the dead they love by styx.

Half of his immortal existence is spent mourning the absence of the love of his life, and there is nothing i his power that can be done without breaking the world.

Hephaestus is the God of smiths, forges, fire, metalworking, and stone masonry.

Basically crafting.

So he's to Hades what Eastern Europe is to Africa, with Western Europe being Zeus. Interesting.

this, Turks are mutts

I have no idea what that means but sure why not.

But back to the Hades wealth thing, it's where the alternative name Pluto comes from. Pluto (Plouton) is in reference to his mineral wealth

He is the reason winter happens
Were there really no temples to him, or sacrifices you could make

And am I wrong? Every single pagan god out there are false gods. They're too human, or just outright evil. The ones with decent qualities, while okay, aren't worthy to be worshipped. Either they're just nice like some random human or they're not the whole Truth. The Lord said Himself that pagan gods are demons. Not my words, His.

What if they were angels people worshipped, it explains the divine aspect of good and truth other religions have in small parts

No his mother in law is the reason.

It's true that other religions have good and truths in it, just as some pagan gods may have some good and truth in them. The thing about pagan gods is that if they are fabrications of humans and are worshipped, those humans would start changing characteristics about the god they worshipped to suit them. If people do this, they would be creating their own demons or listening to Satan so to speak as they would essentially just follow their own desires. Just in the form of a god. Just take a look at neo-pagans.

If they are not, and those same pagan gods are fallen angels, they might not be fully evil, but they did reject Him when they were given a choice that time to choose. The same thing we do now. The difference is, they know their actions. They know the consequences and when they made that decision, they would have no regrets. So they are cast down on earth and here they gather followers and at the same time, straying people from the One True God.
Demons are angels, but fallen. Some may have been angels too, sent by Him. The thing about fallen angels is that

If he didn’t steal her then his mother in law wouldn’t be angry

>Man without mother in law

And i say that you are right.
That isn't true, but atleast somebody said something.

He didn't steal her, he actually asked Zeus if it's okay to steal her.

>Every single pagan god out there are false gods
Source pl0x
Inbefore
>muh imaginary friend tells me so
or
>it's what muh anonymous fanfiction says.

They're stand ins. Only brainlets think of them like people. Athena beating Ares ass is a stand in for Athens spanking Sparta. In both Hesiods Theogony and Orpheus' version of Theogony, the primordials, titans,and gods are all less anthropomorphic then the stories that humanizes them later(like Ovid does in Metaphormosis). The Orphic Hymns do this best:by using adjectives that would normally be used to describe a person, but giving functions of objects or forces. All said, most of those humanizing stories probably have some secondary yet literal meaning(Ares and Aphrodite are stand in meanings for love combined with war are defeated by a lack of observing material necessities they require, and that's established when Hephaestus catches them fucking in a net).

>then
*than, man now I look like the brainlet

things women will nver understand

Don't worry, your post already managed that for you.

>Norrmalmstorg
vi köpte blonda horor där på 80talet och vad jag förståt har det inte förändrats

Hades is most /ourguy/ god of all Olympian gods.

I know jackshit about Greek mithology, but in pop-culture Athena is always presented as kind of cold bitch and shit, but always very practical, and always trying to make things better even if she has to fuck someone over in order to keep things in order.

Is this an accurate portrayal of how the Greeks tough of her?

I'm not even from the Middle East, but Yazidi religion is beautiful to be honest

>Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel
>God created him from cosmic essence, to be his second in command
>Created all the other Archangels
>God meanwhile created Adam from clay
>Orders all his Archangels to bow to Adam
>Melek Taus refuses to bow to Adam
>"How can I bow to Adam when you created him from clay and I was made from your essence?"
>God smiles, it was a test and only Melek Taus passed it
>God names Melek Taus as Head of the Archangels and leaves him to rule the world on his behalf, has other things to do
>Melek Taus creates the world by laying a cosmic egg
>All Humans reject Melek Taus because he had refused to bow to Adam
>Melek Taus cries for 7000 years, his tears create the oceans and quench the fires of Hell below
>In time, Yazidis are the only people that accept Melek Taus
Skip thousands of years
>Muslim autists have this myth that Satan was a fallen angel that refused to bow to Adam and was thus banished by God
>Decide Satan and Melek Taus are the same and that Yazidis are devil worshippers
>ISIS genocides his flock because of some resemblance in both myths
Shit sucks.

Middle-East religion is like bronze age anime.

Doesn't Christianity/joodaism have angels with 6 gorillion wings and shit like that?

So they have a satanic cult with fluffed up with pretty feathers and given a forgiving backstory? Sounds fugged to me. Melek sounds too much like Moloch, I don't like those roots either. The cosmic egg was lifted straight out of Thoth from Egypt or from Orpheus(the Orphic egg is central). Those Muzzies aren't even autists,they're the ones following the original script it's the Yazidis copy+pasting parts from other legends.

>>your wife hates you
Kidnapping and raping someone will do that.

All Abrahamanic religions are copypasted you autist. Horus was the son of Ra, had 12 disciples, was born of a virgin (Isis the virgin), performed miracles, turned water to wine, died and resurrected 3 days later.

I have never actually seen evidence that much of the Abrahamic texts lift significant amounts from Egyptian religion. In fact most of the time if it isn't /pol/, /x/ or some black supremacist making the claim, there doesn't seem to be a lot of similarities between them.

I've never heard of this before, pretty neat.

>some resemblance in both myths
It's not just a resemblance, they are certainly related. Which came first? IIRC the Muslim version predates Islam.

>Christianity is based on older traditions, which are based in from yet older traditions
>a clear difference when paying homage and simply plagiarizing
>user wants to mumble something he saw on Zeitgeist one time
>Isis was not a virgin, she literally rez'd her husband's dick after it was chopped so she could use it as a dildo
>Ra did not have 12 disciples
>calling his servants disciples is reaching for straws anyways, and incredibly dishonest
Show me the legend where he turns water into wine you new age dolt. The Abrahamic religions actually mention the Egyptian gods, when God straight up... How shall we say, "judged" them(he pushes their shit in during the events of Exodus and that's backed up by Psalm 82). Not only are you ignorant about Abrahamic religions, but you know nothing about Egyptian mythos either. Youtube and shitposts aren't going to do much for you if you never read. You aren't even capable of critically thinking if you don't know the basics user. Open a fucking book for once in your life and stop giving into the first youtube shills that pique your interest.