Mattie edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hEXYNJBElcg
elitefts.com/education/nutrition/recipe-food-preparation/man-soup/
youtube.com/watch?v=9iUVELdEa0A
youtu.be/YTdG2ILDQ_k
youtu.be/l1sf3Tqkbgk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I can perform 3-4 reps of a given weight from ~20cm blocks, can I pull it from the floor? Even if pulling from the floor had been minimnally trained? Conventional if that matters.

Back at it again with the 4x BW deadlifts
705lbs/320kg at 80kg

youtube.com/watch?v=hEXYNJBElcg

Answer my question boi

Can't really answer that question without seeing you lift my boi. How fast do you break the floor?

Who's the trap?

Fast enough I think.

Good stuff, keep it up bro!

i miss my princesa . . .

His name is Mattias, and he clean and jerks more than you, and is very obviously a natural blonde.

only one way to find out

fug

>tfw benchlet

should i substitute the 3x a week intermediate bench from >28 into c6w

You should be able to then. imo.

Thanks mate!

rip

Pls just bulk to 93 or 105 already, your never going to beat bryce at 83. But being 80kg is probably better for asian barbell crew deadlift hero instagram hashtags so it doesn't really matter.

Flight A: Men 90kg and 110kg

Stephen Teeters 26 State College, PA Men 90Kg Clraw
Adam Ferchen 26 Niagara Falls, NY Men 90Kg Clraw
Dallas Norirs 36 Rock Hill, SC Men 90Kg Clraw
Oleksii Melnyk 26 Yaremche, Men 90Kg Clraw
Maliek Derstine 28 Dublin, PA Men 90Kg Clraw
Larry Williams 22 New York City, NY Men 110Kg Clraw
Tony Montgomery 31 Portland, OR Men 110Kg Clraw
Brandon Martin 23 Utica, NY Men 110Kg Clraw
Matthew Mitchell 25 Bloomington , MN Men 110Kg Clraw
Andrew Herbert 35 San Jose, CA Men 110Kg Clraw
Eduard Khanjyan 31 Espoo, Men 110Kg Clraw
Vadym Dovganyuk 30 Chicago, IL Men 110Kg Clraw
Jordan Shallow 26 San Jose, CA Men 110Kg Clraw
Killian Carolan 21 Dublin, Men 110Kg Clraw
Kevin Oak 31 Bronx, NY Men 110Kg Clraw

Flight B: Men 100kg and 125kg

Josh Lentz 29 Rockwell, IA Men 100Kg Clraw
Jeremy Avilla 29 Santa Rosa, CA Men 100Kg Clraw
Yury Belkin 26 Pavlovsky Posad, Men 100Kg Clraw
Joseph Sullivan 23 Columbus, OH Men 100Kg Clraw
Nam Shartzer 28 Lewistown, PA Men 125Kg Clraw
Andy Huang 32 Irvine, CA Men 125Kg Clraw
Aria Attia 32 Philadelphia, PA Men 125Kg Clraw
Zahir Khudayarov 33 Turku, Men 125Kg Clraw
Steven Johnson 32 Chicago, IL Men 125Kg Clraw
Rick Simmons 39 Vista, CA Men 125Kg Clraw
Chris Bridgeford 22 Ames , IA Men 125Kg Clraw

Flight C: Men 140kg and SHW

Robb Philippus 34 Glenwood , IA Men 140Kg Clraw
Ben Moore 39 Kansas City , MO Men 140Kg Clraw
Shawn Doyle 31 Scappoose, OR Men 140Kg Clraw
Brad Crawford 36 Philadelphia , MS Men 140Kg Clraw
Nick Best 48 Las Vegas, NV Men 140Kg Clraw
Denis Feise 23 Mastic, NY Men 140Kg Clraw
Robert Lee 40 Bakersfield , CA Men 140Kg Clraw
Collin Rhodes 50 Albuquerque, NM Men 140Kg Clraw
Robert Hall 28 Harker Heights, TX Men 140Kg Clraw
David Douglas 30 Palmdale, CA Men SHW Clraw
Jake Johns 30 San Clemente, CA Men SHW Clraw
Domenick Minnici 32 Massapequa, NY Men SHW Clraw
Brandis Dew 30 San Jacinto, CA Men SHW Clraw

where is the free restream... i'm really too poor to afford it

If I do rolling extensions with a barbell, should be elbows be straight ahead or go to the side naturally like a bench lockout?

What are some good foods to fatfuck myself with so I don't fail bench next week? Already got nuts, milk etc.

You do know that Mattie Rogers is a Olympic weightlifter?

I am mentally ill

And where are the vods

Can't hurt to try. Never ran C6W personally but most say it blows for bench.

How do I bleed from my scalp when lifting, asking for a friend

elitefts.com/education/nutrition/recipe-food-preparation/man-soup/

What do you guys do for back
Is it just barbell and cable rows?

if you want to be a shit powerlifter then back is an afterthought

fugg slept 12 hours today finishing 2nd week of inflated sheiko/c6w/ and it's going great.

skullcrusher

If you're wondering how to get fat and strong without eating unhealthy crap,, look at what fat and strong healthy people eat.

youtube.com/watch?v=9iUVELdEa0A

db rows
weighted chin-ups & pull-ups

holy shit you word for word stole the comment that i put on one of his reddit posts.

What do you guys think is better for arm work?

Light reps controlled up to 15 reps, or just go heavy and hit 10 reps with less control.

Not swinging but not doing all that squeeze at the top and control the decent slowly

I think when it comes to building biceps just listen to bodybuilders.

Thanks I assume same philosophy for all my accessory work

Good deadlift my yellow nigga

>the end of project momentum

Man this is bittersweet.

Decent session today
230kg axle chain deadlift (190kg+40kg of chains, no belt or chalk) and it felt fairly easy, probably another 10kg in there for next time

heh and here I was happy with 130kg paused deadlifts for 8reps

Agreed

Pause or not to pause on your normal working sets?

Sometimes i pause, sometimes i dont. I found since i stopped pausing i managed to up my bench significantly, and my paused bench is only like 2.5 kg less than my touch and go.

felt ill last few days, was max effort close grip, wasnt feeling it, set up like shit, bar felt heavy out the rack and my arms were shaking so i rushed the descent then glutes jumped off the bench

FUCK

youtu.be/YTdG2ILDQ_k

touch and go until 4-6 weeks out, allows for more weight or more volume, or alternate each training cycle if no where near a comp/you dont plan on competing

I always pause on low rep sets and don't on high rep sets.

Thanks mate

If it's reps of 1-4 I pause every rep, 5 or more just the first rep, sometimes the last rep depending on how I feel.

This is literally what I'm doing. bench pr attempt is today, will kms if I don't make it

take your time in your set up, make sure everything is locked in, get so tight its uncomfortable

good luck pal, and if you dont get it, look at where you failed the lift and work on whats weak

kek I thought it was funny

I pause everything cuz my weakness is just off the chest. If its a high rep set my pauses do get quicker though

USOPEN t minus 2hours
GET
HYPE

if your weakness is off the chest do other things, dont inhibit the volume or weight you can use on your main bench work

accessory work to target off the chest
incline press
seated press
overhead press
pin press
floor press

so basically things that make it harder to reverse the weight in the bottom, when youve got stronger in any one of these movements youll notice it off the chest, do things that are going to improve your main work sets, rather than the slower progress of using your work sets to improve

also another one ive seen that really fucks you is something i saw kevin oak do, it looks like the opposite of a spoto press, you basically pause at the chest, press 2 inches and pause, then back down to the chest, repeat etc

>fatigued
>pulling some cat back deadlifts cause short arms and can't into bracing when fatigued
>weak day and give up halfway through
>gym PT walks over with a huge grin
>hurt your back, eh?
>no
>yeah, okay

:/

I do other movements as well. Long pause, spoto, incline, dumbells.

Ive noticed more gains when I pause all my bench sets, may not work for everyone but it has for me

Ill try that double pause that oak does though sounds terrible, so probably great for my bench

yeah all my training is stuff i hate to do, but theyre everything im weak at so things overall are going well, using an ssb for the majority of my squats coupled with back work every session has really helped thoracic extension which has really benefitted my deadlift despite the fact ive only pulled 2 out of the last 10 weeks

Amazing, gj.
But fuck do I hate this ostentatious intensity. Who lifts in a jacket. I hope it's only for the video and you're not as despicable irl, lad

Im running another cycle of pm next week and im basically doing the same thing in terms of exercise selection. Everything in there is gonna be shit I hate. Half excited, half not excited

ive come to learn its all worthless if you love your training cause you keep doing things youre already strong in then keep fucking up on the platform cause you never progressed any of your weak points

My thoughts exactly. I enjoy training the most when I progress. Doing things I suck at, like conventional work which is 100+lbs weaker than my sumo, helps me progress more

I have short arms and I can't seem to deadlift well at all.
I considered pulling from blocks like you do but when I try I'm actually significantly weaker and can't get it off the floor

Sumo is probably my best bet but I'm worried my conventional deadlift won't progress along side my sumo

I'm honestly as weak as joe. I pulled 180kg over a month ago and just struggled with 160kg today

gib lnk for championship pls

what are you guys planning for openers (on monday) and the mock meet lifts?

i pull from blocks to avoid the full rom due to a disc herniation a couple of years ago, however like you say it is harder to pull from the slightly raised height, but that gets you stronger

if your sumo goes up your conventional will, but be mindful of technique cause i see most just pulling conventional with a wide stance

but if youre still worried then alternate every 4-6 weeks, one thing you must do is a lot of posterior chain work and upper back work, makes pulling feel a lot comfier

Rpe 7.5 ish
E1RM would put those numbers @
175, 100, 205

For mock meet hopefully 10-20 kgs on top of all those

Day 1
Deadlift
Benchpress
Cable/barbell rows
Overhead press
Pull up

Day 2
Squats
Calf raises
Abs exercises
Side abs(?) exercises

Alternating between these two, 3x per week

Rate pls

in a minute I'm going to start a livestream on my YT channel and I'll post a pink here, I just need someone to tell me if the quality is goo enough to justify streaming the meet today and tomorrow. thanks.

0/10 no rate of progression, sets or reps.
Also
>side abs

youtu.be/l1sf3Tqkbgk

I just need to know if it's good enough quality and you can hear it. it should be in 720

All 5x5 except abs and side abs or however you call that.
What do want exactly with progression? I just started this programm if you mean that.
Now rate my programm.

thanks bro
you're still a talentchad
but ilu

to answer your question, on 720p it looks nice, pic related

is the quality ok? and can you hear it?

alright thanks babes, I'll but the stream and play it that way for folks in comfy chat.

Take this to a routine rate thread.

>Squatting and benching 1.5 times per week.
Fix that and then it will be good enough for a beginner.
(So you don't ask. You fix it by squatting and benching more often)

stream is up

I've never trained RTS, but that's the protocol I use for a meet week.

This ladOr just run ss idk why novices want to make their own programs. You dont know anything

Shouldn't there normally routine thread like there is /plg/? Because I don't find any.
Also
>bench more often
Sounds like a meme you normally hear from gymbros.

Stream is shit but it's as good as its gonna get until someone else does it.

It's literally not even working.

If you want a good bench frewuency is key

Thats why you dont be a cheap jew and pay for it yourself

Internet novice? Veeky Forums novice? Lifting novice? All three?

How can I get into power lifting just for strength gains and what would be a good program to start with

Have you ever heard of SS + GOMAD?

Just ss

Do that.
+GOMAD if you are an underweight, young male.

I had good results from my own programms before. Had to take a longer break then, but I couln't run them again because I no longer had the time as they were pretty extensive. Now I tried out a prgramm with much less isolation the keep it short.
But I am not a novice and have some experience, although I admit I still have to learn.

Are you a powerlifter? If so find something like ss or tm. If not your the routine thread would be better suited for you

Is there somewhere we're watching us open. Ive got it on my tv but wanna yell about roidaroos with u guys

>cat back deadlifts cause short arms
>can't into bracing when fatigued
Typical dyel excuses. You should feel bad.

No I am just working out. But giving the circumstances I might aswell start seriously with powerlifting.
Yeah I will ask in the routine thread, I have found it now.

I'm actually trying to cut 10 pounds and my current program (bfs) isn't working for me

this, where is the comfy livestream?

And as I mean that I want a new program based with low rep heavy weight type program as I am convinced this will build strength better than my current hypertrophy program

if ya bench sub 100kg stick to canditio, if higher sub bench but keep the upper body style

What can i expect my paused bench 1rm to be roughly compared to my touch and go 1rm?

Hey posted here yesterday but I don't think anyone replied. I want to begin competing in powerlifting. A bit of my background I played sports football and rugby growing up and competed in judo and went to nationals twice in highschool. Did SS back when I was 16. Joined Army did that for 5 years still trained on a strength program. Alot of the guys in my unit actually trained conjugate or westside. Now that I've finished school I feel like I want to pick up a hobby. Lifts are
485x3 Highbar SQ
545x3 DL
375x3 BP
280x1 MP
205-210 lbs 13-15% bodyfat at 5'11 26 years old