Sugar

How much sugar is too much sugar?

Google says this
>According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are (7): Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons). Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).

So this basically means even a single can of coke covers your daily intake?
Considering how much sugar there is in other stuff too... am I fucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4676859/
fscn.cfans.umn.edu/faculty-staff/joanne-l-slavin
youtube.com/watch?v=Y647tNm8nTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're not fucked , you just need to stop shoveling sugar in your mouth .

Notice that it said "added sugar" so the sugar in whole foods isn't counted in the recommendation.

Best case scenario is not to eat any added sugar ofc.

>There is a difference between added sugar and "whole food" sugar

>Implying modern fruit aren't genetically engineered sugar bomb

>Muh fibre counter the sugar .
>But at least it's sugar WITH vitamin and water

adding a fuckton of sugar to anything is so normalized it's no wonder there's so many fat fucks in this world

so if i drink 1 coke can a day and eat foods with no sugar at all it's worse than if i eat 30 fruits a day?

what does sugar do besides make you fat? I'm not fat but i eat a lot of sugar

>but it's "natural sugar" so it's healthier!

The point I was trying to make was that you can have that soda and eat normal food without fucking yourself up too much.

eating sugar isn't so much a bad thing but people seldom know how much is in their food. Like those people who try to lose weight but still drink shit like starbucks everyday and wonder why they aren't getting anywhere.
you dont even need sugar as long as you eat carbs anyway since your body sees it all the same and makes glycogen for fuel
also the thing with sugar is that it increases appetite so you eat more thus become fatter as you lose control

>t. havent eaten sweets for almost a year

There is no set amount of sugar that is "too much" because sugar doesn't have any negative effects on health without weight gain. That's why the great majority of nutrition and health organizations don't give any upper limit and instead have vague phrasing like "limit your sugar intake".

We can say: There is not much difference between 2 and 4 grams of salt a day, but more than 4 will start to be unhealthy.
We can also say: There isn't much difference between 10 and 15 grams of saturated fat a day, but more than 15 will definitely promote heart disease.

We cannot say "more than x grams of sugar a day will do X" because such data doesn't actually exist.

The AHA gives a recommended upper limit because they know people are more likely to actually limit their amount if there is such a limit they can target. Also, refined sugar displaces calories from real food, so if you eat too much sugar you could potentially have a deficient micronutrient intake (the same is true for oil, cream, butter and other empty calories)

See for example
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4676859/

This recommendation is also made for the average american. So if you wake up, drive to work, sit at a desk all day, drive back home, sit on the couch untill bedtime and repeat this applies to you. If you actually lift/ play sports you can get away with more.

I have been eating 100g of sugar a day for 6 months and my recent blood test showed a fasting glucose of 88mg/dl (60 - 100 is normal).

If fruit is so bad then why does it have low calories?

Checkmake atheists.

Really make my protein glycate .

t. stupid vegan

what do you get all that sugar from? Does sugar get used up from working out?

common man , it's not like the simple act of using glucose as energy is the main cause of DNA damage :^)

fscn.cfans.umn.edu/faculty-staff/joanne-l-slavin

This is one of the two persons who wrote the article you posted , she worked or co labored with a lot of organization who are almost owned by the sugar industry .

Really make you think huh .

>sugar doesn't have any negative effects on health without weight gain

Really pickles my onions.

As long as you get at least 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight you can eat all the sugar you want.

> a can of coke

drink diet soda you retard

non-diet soda is like the easiest fucking source of sugar intake to totally remove from your diet

If you're not a fat fuck with metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance, sugar is no worse than any other source of empty calories.

not everyone who is insulin resistant is fat

sugar is not "empty calories", it's toxic calories

are the diet alternatives better for you than sugar?

No you retard but take your pick

>sugar is not "empty calories", it's toxic calories

It's not "toxic", especially if you're healthy and active.

Not everyone on this board is a fat fuck who can't control their binges.

>are the diet alternatives better for you than sugar?

Absolutely yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y647tNm8nTI

Don't drink that fucking poison you tit.

Yes but only the ones with aspartame as the sweetener. Avoid the others.

So stuff like coke zero and pepsi maxx are your best bet.

Why the hell aren't you drinking water, black coffee, or tea exclusively?

Any amount of sugar according to Scooby

then why is he so sweet?