1)Has anyone here tried Soylent?

1)Has anyone here tried Soylent?
2)If so, are you on autistic spectrum?

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/nutrition/publications/nutrientrequirements/WHO_TRS_935/en/
mysupplementstore.com/novus-life-solutions.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there honestly any reason to have soylent when you could just have a scoop or two?

Where's the fiber?

Soylent recently had a bad batch and despite hundreds of reports flowing in of stomach upset, diarrhea, etc, denied that they had a bad batch out for like 2 months. They tried as hard as possible to look the other way and pretend it never happened until the reports became overwhelming.

Behavior of this sort kills people with Listeria, etc, constantly, so that's all you really need to know about Soylent, the end.

I tried Soylent once. It tastes worse than the worst protein I had.

This is created by a LA dwelling software engineer, lol. Imagine having a whole country being completely run by these people.

I used to weigh 400lbs, now I'm down to 210 eating only soylent. My attitude is pretty much the same, and my testing came back normal, no heightened estrogen.

I have a fairly normal social life, go out semi-regularly. But I do post on here, and I think that, by default, puts you at least on the very edge of the spectrum.

Really? I enjoyed the flavor of the 1.7 powder and the 2.0 coffee.

>2017 not drinking ground up people
It's like you don't even want to make it

I work as an engineer and travel a bit for work so I like taking the powder with me so that I can hit my macros.

The term software engineer is pejorative. He's a software developer.

The did pull the bars from the market though.

It was not eating 20 hamburger and milkshake a day that got you thin, not soylent.

Scoops don't have fats or carbs. This is targeted as a meal replacement, not a supplement.

5g fiber per serving...

what about this

Yes, was surprised how fucking gross it tasted. It's how I imagine cum would taste.

Yeah, I know, but forcing myself to only eat one thing, having it as a clear and extremely simple goal, was incredibly helpful for stopping eating so much. I think one of the bigger problems for people actually trying to lose weight is that they mentally can't process portion control, especially if they've been huge for years (I was obese since 14, 29 now), It's almost impossible to disengage that "let the body consume as it wants" mentality. But eating something completely different in exact portions turns that function off. It forced me to recognize that anything not soylent (snack machine at work, chips, ice cream, etc) wasn't normal, but excess. I've reintroduced normal meals on the weekends and am much more aware of portion size and calorie count now.

Where's the rest of it?

same shit

Lazy brained egotistic fuck

Tried it for a month. Regular soylent tastes like cardboard left out in the rain. Starting with my third Soylent meal, I started using Soylent recipes.
Pros
>basically effortless to make
>convenient to take with you anywhere
>easy to track macros
>a lot cheaper than eating out, but it's about the same cost as cooking for yourself

Cons
>not real food
>dependent on the startup not fucking it up

>It's how I imagine cum would taste.
No, my cum tasted better.

>he just ejaculates out all his gains and doesn't eat them back in

Never gonna make it

exactly

these fucking newfags don't even realise that the meat with the amino acid profile that PERFECTLY matches our amino acid profile requirements is...

human meat

not even menting here guys, but if you want to maximise your gains and reach your full potential, you need to be going out and killing and eating other people

obviously it's a bit tricky because of laws etc

so what you need to do is move to a highly populated city that also has sky high crime/murder/disappearance rates. like Chicago, Detroit or Baltimore.

your sprees will swim under the radar much more easily in such places

good luck bros

I prefer hunting illegal immigrants. Nobody even notices they're gone.

>eating disease ridden junkies

Enjoy your AIDS.

My scoops have both carbs and fat

>Soylent
>soy
why in the fuck would you ever try that

just give 'em a nice fry

Enjoy your creutzfeldt jakob disease

Anyone who's diet consists of smoothies is a fucking idiot especially soy smoothies or whatever this shit is

That's not true. People had allergic reactions to algal flour.

There's a guy in my office who swears by soylent.
He's a useless piece of shit and everyone hates him and he's completely unaware of his on incompetence.
So I would rank him an 8/10 on the autism scale.

I actually made my own version of Soylent...

I did a bunch of personal research...
Consulted WHO publications, read the reports from the Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine, National Academies.

I then wrote a program that would consult the USDA National Nutrient Databank, and given a list of foods, would find out how much of each you would need to stay within recommended intakes (making sure not to exceed Tolerable Upper Intake levels)

I can go on with more details about the project, in fact picture attached is from the last phase of my project.
(feel free to ask me any questions)

There are 41 essential nutrients (and 9 conditionally essential nutrients) that the body needs to survive.
We call them "Essential Nutrients".
Having a deficiency in just one of these nutrients will lead to disease, or in some cases death.
Everything the body needs, is made endogenously using these 41 + 9 nutrients.
Your body uses these essential nutrients like Legos™ to build everything else.

Here is the entire list needed to sustain a human life:
13 Vitamins
16 Elements
9 Amino Acids (plus 6 conditional amino acids)
2 Fatty acids (plus 3 conditional fatty acids)
and
Water

The next post will include a full breakdown for your researching pleasure.
I also have access to the reports which give a minimum and maximum level for EACH essential nutrient.
So you don't under/over dose.

Of course that's all built-in the program I wrote (which we can talk about if you want).

And the complete breakdown:

Vitamins
-----------
Vitamin A
Vitamin B1
Vitamin B2
Vitamin B3
Vitamin B5
Vitamin B6
Vitamin B7
Vitamin B9
Vitamin B12
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Vitamin K

Elements
-------------
Sulfur
Potassium
Chloride
Sodium
Calcium
Phosphorus
Magnesium
Zinc
Iron
Manganese
Copper
Iodine
Selenium
Molybdenum
Cobalt
Bromine

Amino Acids - Essential
--------------------------------
L-Phenylalanine
Valine
Threonine
L-Tryptophan
Methionine
Leucine
Isoleucine
Lysine
Histidine

Amino Acids - Conditionally Essential
--------------------------------------------------
Arginine
Cysteine
Glycine
Glutamine
Glutamic Acid
Proline
Tyrosine

Fatty Acids - Essential
------------------------------
alpha-Linolenic acid
Linoleic acid

Fatty Acids - Conditionally Essential
------------------------------------------------
Docoshexaenoic acid
Eicosapentaenoic acid
Arachidonic acid

I ordered a batch out of curiosity (joylent) and they spent over 1 month sending the stuff and I had already cancelled my order because it took too long, yet they tried to push it on me a week later anyway. Bastards.

There's no soy in it

It's from an old movie called soylent green, about how a food source was actually made from humans or some shit

And that's it.
That's all a human needs to consume, to sustain their life, according to modern science.

The amounts of each nutrient, is another topic.
BUT
even that is understood well enough to provide minimum and maximum levels.

There are two things I found interesting in my research.

1. The body does not require carbohydrates (that is, any form of saccharide) to function.
2. The body uses these essential nutrients to synthesize more complex molecules as needed. Additionally if given complex nutrients, the body is capable of breaking complex nutrients into it's basic constituents.

As for the project, It was a massive undertaking, and I invested several thousand dollars in it's completion...
But I made a mistake that cost me an entire batch (equivalent to 6-month supply).
I now know better, but I don't have the capital to continue.
So it will have to be a little later that I resume the project.

I totally agree, one wrong ingredient can make the entire formula go bad.
The mistake I made was using black bean flour in my formulation. It has one of the highest protein content of commercially available vegetable source flours. However the taste was something god awful.
I was foolish, and once my program was completed and my list compiled I ordered all the ingredients in bulk. I should have done small scale testing before committing so much capital.

And I'm not kidding about the taste. I tried everything.
I tried invoking the placebo effect (did you know the placebo effect works, even when you know it's a placebo?). I would visualize my cells sucking up the nutrients and growing larger more nourished. I would repeat positive affirmation of the drink... But I could not keep it down.
I threw up every time. Every time.
I even went so far as to starve myself for 3 days, and allow myself nothing but the drink.

I still threw up... That continued for 4 more days (literally 7 day fast), then I went back to the formulation.
Did some testing, and once the black bean flour was substituted with potato flour, suddenly I could pound them down.

Thankfully the program I wrote is very general and can accomodate on the fly adjustments and still provide the correct nutritional profile. But the money was already spent...
I threw away 6 months worth of mixed, sealed, desiccated, and frozen product.
live and learn.

If you're looking for the necessary amino acid profile check out:
WHO Technical Report Series 935
"Protien and Amino Acid Requirements in Human Nutrition"

who.int/nutrition/publications/nutrientrequirements/WHO_TRS_935/en/

Like I wrote earlier, everyone has their tastes.
I was in the process of writing the code to allow users to customize their own mix, then shipping the product, mixed, and vacuum sealed (with O2 Absorbers packaged inside).
I believe highly in preparing the product as clean as possible.

>soy protein isolate is the main ingredient
yikes friendo

In my research I found many comercial sources of protien powders
Rice
Pea
Soy
Egg
Beef (connective tissue)
and Whey

For my formulation I used 90% whey Isolate, the purest form I could find, also the cheapest.
I bought 25lbs from this site, which has the cheapest isolate on the net (no exaggeration, I dare you to find a cheaper source of 90% Whey isolate)
mysupplementstore.com/novus-life-solutions.html

They even sell up to 100 lbs bulk orders.

I've included the formulation of my first batch. See pic.
The formulation has other components besides the essential nutrients.
Several substances to aid in muscle growth/recovery, as well as Nootropics, and other things to bind the powder and help with it's emulsification in water.
Ignore the picture in the middle, it's an inside joke to a friend.

Every one of these posts is 11/10 cringe level.

Cum tastes worse than soy

Not by much though...

Thank you, for your contribution.