How should I approach fixing my back since it's been ruined by sitting for years, inactive and neglected...

How should I approach fixing my back since it's been ruined by sitting for years, inactive and neglected. I started training, but I feel my back is affecting my workouts because I have hard time taking deep breaths. All advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Pic related but not OP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs&t
youtu.be/IKc6hwPvsHg
youtube.com/watch?v=yKrEvSoG1kg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By constantly being counscious and rolling back your shoulder blades, every single minute of the day. It'll become a habbit, trust me, but it'll be annoying at first, and you'll be a bit awkward, friends will tell you you're walking like a cyborg all of a sudden, but you'll look better and more imposing

same problem, does anyone know if those shoulder braces work? they're like a bra and make you hold your shoulders back. most amazon reviews are good but I never see them mentioned in these threads

Just do what the guy above you said. You don't need to waste your money on some jewy device to fix your posture.

yoga spine stretches, and imagine your nipples are eyes that need to constantly be looking at people

bro thats 100% autistic

not that theres anything wrong with that

"and imagine your nipples are eyes that need to constantly be looking at people"

haha, that will work for sure

chiropractor

if a brace is holding your shoulders back then the muscles that should be doing that aren't working, so over time they'll get weaker

definitely don't wear one all the time, or when inactive

Sleep flat on your back, no pillow

deadlifts

this nigga is right

people who have this type of posture arent aware of what their chest muscles are doing. Usually they are tight from anxiety or computer use so you have to relax them.

youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs&t

Stretch pecs, strengthen back/ posterior chain. Youtube foundation training

strengthen and loosen up your chest and anterior delts

> imagine your nipples are eyes that need to constantly be looking at people

Fuck it. I'll try it.

how can they see if i'm wearing a shirt retard

youtu.be/IKc6hwPvsHg

I usually test my posture on a wall and try to retain it. Ive kind of just gotten into the habit of it after ruining my posture bending forward at the computer.

Making sure you have a good posture while sleeping is important too.

It's autistic but it worked for me (not that user) to fix my rounded shoulders and my APT.

What really helps is every time you pass a mirror in your house, spend a good 5 minutes practicing good posture. What I would do is intentionally have bad posture and then hold good posture right after for like 30 seconds and move around to see how it should feel. After about 2 weeks it became second nature. After a month and a half my posture was almost perfect.

Push your collar bone outwards so that your back is mostly straight

how do you manage your sleeping posture?

>and imagine your nipples are eyes that need to constantly be looking at people

capped. KEK

I came here to post this exact video, this shit sorted me right out. Do this OP.

Nice, I immediately felt I had a better posture after doing this.

The stretches in this video may also be beneficial: youtube.com/watch?v=yKrEvSoG1kg

Pls answer this

my brother used to wear one. No effect. His back fixed itself when he started lifting.

>imagine your nipples are eyes that need to constantly be looking at people
Lost, well done user.

To fix the posture problem in your picture you do deadlifts and face pulls.

To fix shitty back you do deadlifts + rows + pull ups

/thread

I have a bulged disc and literally can't do deadlifts right now due to rotated legs anyway. Pulls up only strengthen the upper back correct?