/Military/ thread

/Military/ thread

How many of you could pass the bare minimum to get into Navy spec ops right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

sealswcc.com/navy-seal-what-are-chances-hell-week-success.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here are the rangers reqs

>tfw cant into one pullup

the fuck that's pretty easy.

> (OP) (You)
>the fuck that's pretty easy.
Remember that is the bare minimum they will only take the top 10% of people to finish the course

>10 pullups
Is that with gear or just clothes?

Anyone know the JTF-2 requirements?

>tfw can't swim so can't qualify
>tfw can qualify for everything else in late 40's

I can't do 10 sit ups.
>>SSGOMAD

Oh, nvm then :p

on one hand if you actually took on of these tests and actually passed, you could go on Veeky Forums and brag about how great you are

on the other hand if you actually passed, you would be forced to do strictly those jobs for your entire career and probably die.

moral of the story: train like you want to pass the test, never actually take the test

uh ya I could knock those out pretty easy

getting a 10:30 for the 1.5 mile might be a tricky though

Remember you're also starving and sleep deprived

Swimming I'd probably fail since I haven't done that since graduating high school

Those are initial tests. Not hell week PT. Nobody will expect you to blow the fuck out of those standards after hell week. Jesus.

I found this on /k/, maybe it interests you:

sealswcc.com/navy-seal-what-are-chances-hell-week-success.html

>How many of you could pass the bare minimum to get into Navy spec ops right now?
user, that's the bare minimum to get into selection. You wanna Sleep, Eat, And Lift, or be a boat guy, you're gonna have to go through months and months of hellfuck

That's Ranger School, not Regiment. There was a reason the pass rate for RS was 40%, but the pass rate at RS for Batt Boys was 99.X%. Minimum PT scores were usually between 280 - 300, and plenty of guys got on the extended scale. Ranger School is retarded anyway, the name should be changed but cronies like Eric Shitseki would never let it happen 'cause they wanna be cool by association.

Google them, they should at least have minimum standards for selection.

>those jobs for your entire career and probably die.
In the military, the more training you get, the safer you are. Remember Afghanistan (06?), we walked into a close ambush - which is where 60% of fatalities are taken. Several guys were shot but we fought outta there without a fatality. Thank you China for your shitty rifles.

Those are bare minimum, if you pass with minimum scores you most likely will not be selected. Also, by the time you get to the run, you're fucking jelly legged from the swim. It's a very deceiving test, looks easy on paper but hard as fuck IRL, especially nowadays. Scores are very competitive. Buddy of mine *barely* got picked up for BUDS with a swim time of 7:30 (he's a fucking fish in the pool), 100 push ups, 100 situps, 20 pullups, and a 9:45 run. His run is what made him barely make it, to be truly competitive it's gotta be closer to the 9 mark, or a high 8.

I tried it for SWCC but the run got me, I barely made minimum and they don't want minimums.

who here /army/?

I just swam a mile breaststroke/freestyle alternating in 30 minutes after climbing 220 floors in 30 minutes..

This isn't such a huge deal and I'm still kind of fat.

Canadian Forces member here that's all online you dipshit fuck just google it. Jesus do you need someone to wipe your ass for you too lol?

JTF 2 has a bench press requirement unlike US spec ops

PS you need to be in the reg force or reserves already to join. Corporal in the reserves to apply I believe (ie 2 years in) not sure for reg force.

CSOR requires 3 years reg force I believe.

>mfw marine
>fucking admin
>desk job but still need to do our hard as fuck PFT

I will never do 3 miles in under 18 minutes

I'm here baby, this stuff is easy

jeez i sure wish there was like a gym or something i could go to that was like free or something on base to get up to par on fitness

Submariner here. Boat is tiny as fuck. My job involves sitting down and staring at a screen. Still manage to maintain my fitness. No excuse, faggot.

I'm gonna fuck all your girls while you're away.

The first part is doable if you're basic fit. The running part is actually a little more challenging if you're not a frequent runner.

However, this is very doable for fit people. Back when I was in military academy this was our Friday morning workout. Most of us got hammered on Thursday nights, so I'd say this is very doable, even when hungover

Tfw comfy life in the navy barely passing pfas for the sake of getting big

Anyone here in the Canadian forces?

Currently enlisting as a service tech

>Implying they aren't fucking other girls while traveling the world, being stationed in exotic lands, and making tremendous amounts of money for having a special duty career in the military - probably more than you'll ever make

You do realize they don't get paid the same as some other military asshole that crunches numbers all day, right? Have you ever seen one of their houses? They ain't exactly hurting for more space...