Mfw he doesn't do olympic lifting

>mfw he doesn't do olympic lifting
What's your excuse??
Bodybuilding is gay. Powerlifting is alright, but inferior to oly lifting.

im just beeing myself bro

I'm doing what I like to do, why should I care about what you have to say?

god tier motivation

Because I'm your fucking superior in every conceivable way, you fucking cunt. Better fucking listen or I'll bend you over and fuck you in the ass. No homosexual.

Prove it.

>just fuck up your body, bruh

Olympic lifting requires you to know what you're doing much more than, and has a higher chance of injury than basic barbell movements.

>am beginner

I'm strong but I'm slow

>Because I'm your fucking superior in every conceivable way, you fucking cunt. Better fucking listen or I'll bend you over and fuck you in the ass. No homosexual.

Says the user shitposting on a fitness board that's hosted on a Taiwanese shoe lacing forum.

I just lift to age gracefully and to get better at my hobbies (athletics and hiking)

Olympic lifting has lower injury rates than most sports. And lower injury rates than powerlifting and bodybuilding.

>and has a higher chance of injury than basic barbell movement

afaik, injury related: crossfit>powerlifting>weightlifting>bodybuilding

>Olympic lifting requires you to know what you're doing much more

I'm a beginner that would like to eventually try out oly lifting, but to me this is the biggest barrier.

Hell, I can barely learn how to do a decent power clean. Not only am I not used to the rack position, everyone seems to teach the movement it in a different way (jump/slide/"kick", shrug/don't shrug, ...).

It's really frustrating to spend so much time fixing my form when I could be doing other exercises with more bang for the buck.

Also if you try to teach yourself Oly lifting you'll just learn it wrong, ingrain incorrect habits, and never be able to do it properly.

It's something you really need to find a coach for.

this tbqh senpai
I am a boxer on top of my lifting and the explosive movements of oly lifting would carry over a lot better than a basic barbell routine but I live in a town of 50 000 people and there are only commercial gyms. I don't know a single person who even does power cleans in my town. I want to learn but I don't want to learn wrong.

fuck mane, same boat

Because I don't want to compete so why would I do lifting designed to compete with?

You can learn a fucking powerclean over youtube. Start with a broom and move onto a barbell, you soft tart.

For fun? Oly lifting is done by shitloads of people that don't compete in oly lifting. For recreation and for sports, like american eggball and rugby.

I'm not prepping for sports yet. I'm still in my first year of lifting so I'm building myself before I move to purpose driven lifting.

I live in a town of only double that size and I have a fucking coach here who coaches one of our olympic athletes and is friends with many of the high ranking people in USAW

I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find a gym with an oly coach

OR alternatively

you could look around your local area and find a QUALIFIED coach who is willing to do remote coaching, as in you send him videos of your training and he will critique and provide feedback, the best athlete associated with my gym does this and he lives 2 hours away but is the best athlete my coach coaches, atleast amoung our weightlifting team.

I want to, but I'm still preparing myself with a "pseudo" olylifting routine, basically all the assistance shit they do without dropping weights (not allowed in current gym), i.e. getting strong at push press and high bar squat especially and doing some clean pulls etc.; also practicing the movements just with the bar or really light weights

In 1-2 years I'll probably join the only olylifting gym in my city which is crossfit-related and coupled with a high prize, want to build a proper basis before doing heavy weights on the 2 lifts.

Good luck with your goals mate. Keep it up.