Weight

Read the sticky, just have a few questions. I'm dedicated to losing some weight and wondering how long it would take to drop 50 pounds so I look like a normal human being. I'm 200 lbs, and 5'6. is this a terrible starting weight considering I have no muscle? I'm not too late, am I?

img kinda related, I look like a mildly smaller version of the guy in pic

Sounds like you need to reread the sticky

At 5'6 you'll never look like a normal human being.

>how long would it take
you can lose 1-2 lbs a week by eating at a deficit, so 25-50 weeks depending on the deficit you decide and your activity level

Started at 300 5'10 six months ago and I'm down to 240. Didn't really need to do a massive cut. Just ate like a normal human being for the first few months and then kicked it into high gear doing 1400 calories a day ketogenic.

Thing is I apparently had a good amount of muscle from doing sports in high school (obviously fat people ones) as well as exercising since I started my cut and at 240 I'm clearly still grotesquely fat but a lot of my muscles are decently well defined even now, especially my leg muscles so YMMV if you say you have no muscle.

It's weird, even at my weight my waste size is only 36 and I can comfortably wear anything XL and other than button down shirts I can easily pull off wearing a large without looking like I'm pouring out of it. I must be the most dense person on the planet (inb4).

>200 lb 5'6

you should kill yourself fucking spic

I thought Keto was just a meme

second post best post

The meme is "when ur on keto u can eat WHAT EVER U WANT as long as theres no carbs" which is stupid and the people who originally said that were going off the fact that rich fatty foods fill you up faster underestimating the veracity of the modern fatass, it's 100% proven that a ketogenic diet ALONG WITH A CUT is more effective (while arguably more dangerous) than a cut alone

ok, im gonna do some research tonight and try this out, strict keto + cut.

your not fucked i was 5"5' 210 and got it down to 140 my only regret was it took me like 18 months to cut all the weight and i would have done a much more aggressive cut if i was to do it again. because you don't start to feel like you look good until after your first bulk and cut

Those are pretty much the same measurements that I am. I tell people I weigh 240 and they don't believe me.

I've always managed to stay at 200 or under 200. it seems like 20 pounds made the difference from me looking chubby - fatass so im thinking 50 will be a start on looking normal, even though im a midget fuck

if you thought keto was just a meme you're a dumbass who's missing out.

t. lost 80lbs and am now a healthy weight thanks to keto

it's not "more dangerous" you absolute mongoloid idiot

I looked a lot into keto but whenever I asked around I was always told it was a meme, was probably taking bad advice.

when did u start keto?

It can be done comfortably in about a year. You won't look good though, just 50 pounds thinner.

would i look better if I started lifting in combination w/ keto + cutting?

last summer, I've been doing it on and off since. I do it because the food tastes good and filling, and it reduces my appetite a ton so i'm not constantly hungry like on other diets. when im doing keto I usually eat one big meal every 24 hours (doing intermittent fasting) and I'm fine and not hungry for most of the day.

you really should go to the /r/keto sub on plebbit though. I hate that site but it's the only place with all of the needed info without the broscience that people preach on here.

>was 5"5' 210
This is me, teach me your ways

>inb4 not going to make it and kys

im with you user, though 10 lbs lighter, lmao. read up in the thread a bit, they explained what to do, and where to find information on it. I was looking into the "lose 100 lbs in 1 hour" meme and that's why I didn't get anywhere in my journey, found some motivation to carry out a long lasting diet with some lifting on the side, considering when I see so many people who are 300 - 400 pounds who have to lose 100 - 200 pounds, I look at myself and realize if I start rn I have a lot less to lose to be considered normal and not obese.

the r/ketogains subreddit FAQ is pretty good. It summarizes a ton of good points from Lyle's McDonalds book as well as how to implement lifting to the diet to maximize gains/weight loss.

Most of the posts on either subreddit are from brain dead retards coddling each other and celebrating for every 2 pounds lost.

If you're going to start keto, a couple things to note.
Carbs are not evil. you can still eat carbs on keto just keep it under ~50g. I eat a ton of strawberries, raspberries, veggies, and kidney beans and manage to stay in ketosis at like 80g of carbs a day. But i've also been doing keto with IF for about 7 months so it's easier for me to maintain a state of ketosis as I'm pretty fat adapted.

Coconut oil is a god tier food and you should add it to your coffee, make your eggs with it, fry your veggies and meats in it. Try to get a balance of saturated, mono unsaturated, and omega 3s fats in your diet as they are necessary and protective in moderation.

was your weight loss better when doing IF + Keto than eating regularly?

Wikipedia says that a lot of smart people advise against regular consumption of coconut oil.

In terms of amount of weight lost, I noticed it was more consistent but the rate of weight loss was roughly the same. I wouldn't bounce back a few pounds mid week every now and then like I would with eating IIFYM style.
For the most part it was about the same. I lost 10 pounds from just counting calories in about 3-4 weeks. I lost the last 30 pounds of my goal with keto in the following two and a half months. I put on about 6 pounds in two days right after I hit my goal when I tried switching back to a carb focused diet from water and glycogen weight but looked the same in the mirror.

I enjoyed keto much more because I felt it was a lot more intuitive and the control it gave me was phenomenal. I could go days without eating if I wanted to because of the curbed hunger (I did a couple 36 hour fasts just to try it).

>Try to get a balance of saturated, mono unsaturated, and omega 3s fats in your diet as they are necessary and protective in moderation

what is reading comprehension

Why is it that 200 lbs. at 5'6" makes one look fat while 200 lbs. at 6'+ looks Veeky Forums or even skinny? I'm a tallfag that weighs quite a bit, and amongst my buddies from the workplace who are all short and a wee bit pudgy looking, they're all drastically lighter than I am when I look Veeky Forums?

probably because when you're 6'+ your weight distributes around your body instead of sitting in one area basically amplifying your fat ass