Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8771312
cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com/tag/femur-tibia-ratio/
youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8
scarysymptoms.com/2016/11/deadlift-long-femurs-shin-ratio/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Leg press or hack squats

so, you've noticed a slight quirk in your anatomy and you've made a decision that all squats must stop immediately and you're asking us to come up with a sane answer to this ridiculus request?

I dunno man, if you're making rash decisions like this on unconfirmed anecdotal evidence then maybe lifting isn't for you.

single leg work like split squats and lunges, leg press and hack squats are also good possibilities depending on equipment limitations

it's fairly well understood outside of the squat-dogma of scrawny internet lifters that squats are not as effective for long femured lifters if the goal is training the quads

If you feel like you know better than us then why ask?

I'm not the OP, which should have been obvious from the context of the post, brainlet

Ok.

Get lifting shoes then. Solved my 6'2 long femur problems.

fuck I'm not even tall. 5'11". but I can't for the life of me get to below parallel and keep the bar over my midfoot without rounding.

I'm 6'2" with really long legs and femurs, I found that widening my stance seemed to help alot with squats. Keep your toes pointed outward and make sure your knees track over them... but squats are still my weakest relative lift.

these women are my dream girl. perfect bodies.

Same. Just had a bike fit and the dude mentioned me having long femurs.

I had started doing relatively wide/duck footed squats a while back and had finally started to gain some traction making squat gains, it still trails my dead lift by over 150lbs though

Your dream girl has nudes on the internet?

How long are your femurs?

do they have nudes? or do you just mean this pic? ass shots don't really matter. if they had vag + tit pics then it would start to become a problem.

Tfw squats trail my bench by a bit.... And i work squats twice a week, used to be decent at them, had a back injury and they never came back. Bench 405, squat 365, deadlift 605, 1rms. Wtf is wrong with me, reeeeee fuck recovering from this torn and buldged disks

So you are massively uncoordinated.

I'm 6ft and my femurs are long as fuck.

I still squat but have squat shoes and can't get massive depth.

You still have to squat. Just accept the fact that your numbers will be shit.

im the same, i've hit 500 3 times on deadlifts before I even got to a 385 squat

This, I don't think I'll ever squat a great number again but there is no getting around them, I still squat twice a week at least, I try to make up for my low weight with high reps, I still have large well defined legs if aesthetics are your thing you can still get there, it's just embarrassing to be pretty good at my other lifts and squat so poorly

It's rough, good to know I'm not alone in my sorry ass squat numbers, hopefully some day it gets respectable but I don't ever see my squat catching up to where it should be

Hey flaunt it if you have it.

Anatomically I can't squat that deep either. We're only meant to go parallel/slightly below. Stick your ass out when you squat and lemme know how that works. Also shoes man. Oly shoes are a must have for some people.

Wow get fucked you stupid dumb cunt, user just roasted your existence fucking kys

>tfw 6' 4" long femurs and squat is my strongest lift at 6RM 405

work on stretching out your ankles, hips, and hamstrings. Also widen stance, point toes outward force knees to follow direction feet are pointed in. If you can afford to buy squatting shoes, they do help a lot even if you just grab a cheap pair of Adidas for 50$

Within a week or two you will be squatting below parallel comfortably

Who are you speaking to?

Long legs are right up there with a nice ass and tits. If you're a grill then fuck you. You win so long as your not fat.

>skeletal hanging from the wall

ok

>that locked, hyper-extended standing posture
rip acl, pls dont use leg press

beta

Thanks

squats

I can't believe people say shit like this

OP you're an idiot if you think that you require exceptions because of the length of one of your bones. I have particularly long femurs and particularly large legs.

Just squat. That should be your meat and potatoes. Nothing even comes close

front squats. Also, if you want to build quads primarily through squats fucking lol. If you can leg press 500 pounds but can squat the same numbers, it should tell you that your leg strength is not the thing keeping you from squatting heavy. Its your core. Some people here, I swear

cant

invest in some good quality oly shoes, this will help you keep a more upright torso by increasing forward knee travel

This is exactly what annoys me from the lol SS = T-rex crowd.
If anything, squatting and DLing only without anything else for legs will prevent you from going T-rex

dude........ shut the fuck up

I did SS and it made my legs huge compared to my upper body.

Deadlifts, hacksquats, or just do squats. I'm a long legged motherfucker too and I still do them to the best of my abilities, and if people wanna laugh at my weak squat numbers then that's ther issue.

>tfw broke my femur in half in my teens and now my leg is gimped

seriously?

go to an orthopedist surgeon wtf

is that why you look like dogshit despite being on steroids? yeah i'd definitely consult you for advice on gaining size

Train slavsquatting.
This will give you proper squat form.

The girl on the right would be naturally cuter than the girl on the left, but those disgusting tattoes drop her so many points that the plain girl on the left looks more attractive.

i'm the same, just learn to squat better. slightly wider stance, high bar and work on hip mobility. you'll need an atypically wide knee spread (open hips) to get full depth.

you probably also have high vastus lateralis inserts (outer thigh) but your long femur's wont stop you building a lot of mass ... however your legs will always likely look very top heavy around the upper thigh.

good luck!

>watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
>watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8&

>Not understanding that not everyone is built the same way.

>when you have long femurs and try to squat

Anons gonna user

I'd be surprised if I didn't squat 2 plate more than you desu

yeah that's pretty much what it's always gonna look like

embrace the squatmorning

don't you squat less than a natty 17 y/o twink despite being on steroids

literally me

If you're talking about frog, then no, of course I don't squat 545lbs because I'm not a talent Chad

You're not doomed to squat morning, a couple changes and you'll be fine.

Is this a spider

what the fuck

have they evolved

Never found out what it was besides one mention of it being a species of scorpion? Or closely related?

Dunno tho. I want one

me, hopefully the oly shoes i ordered will help

long femurs mean relative to your height, my femurs are about an inch longer than my torso at 5'9, that's long femurs (33% of my height is all femur). I Did A2G squats for a while, then stopped and switched them for front squats to save lower back. My back is already horizinatal to the ground when I dead lift, saving my back desu.

Sumo squats.

whip scorpion

I have internally rotated femurs I don't know where to get them fixed.

33%, wow

i'm 31% and squats are already a lower back exercise for me, i can't imagine what it feels like for you

>tfw short legs but they all femur
>squatting the SS way always felt unnatural
>tried wide stance but I felt even weaker

For reference, what I read they average femur to height ratio is about 26%. Squatting sucks but dead lift is still alright.
More interesting, once I looked up femur proportions, it can explain a lot of "whites are stronger", and "white man can't jump"
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8771312
Having longer tibia to femur ratio, is better for explosive movements (vertical jumps), so you can squat better. Also if you have long femur to tibia ratio, you probably have more neanderthal DNA in you, (I'm ecuadorian so pretty much 50% mongoloid and 50% causcaisn)
cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com/tag/femur-tibia-ratio/

What do I do if mine are rotated

Hey board, I'm similarly proportioned to you, but I have a lot of trouble with squatting. Do you have any particular advice or cues for the squat for tall people?

You could do squats.

here's some other cool stuff on squats

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8

i don't think any other lift has as much variation in form due to differences in proportions as the squat

as far as people claiming you must perform the back squat for anything other than powerlifting or olympic lifting, that's just ignorance on their part

there is nothing magical about squats, just a (really good) tool in the toolbox of exercises

Dead lifting as well. MY back is nearly horizintal to the ground (33% femur/height), but it's still my strongest lift desu
scarysymptoms.com/2016/11/deadlift-long-femurs-shin-ratio/

still pretty new to Veeky Forums

what are the problems with squats and long femurs?
what is the advantage of front squats?
how do i measure the length of my femur? (i'm 6'7)

thats cool how it feels out where the hand is before striking

Those were really fucking good videos, thanks.