Qtddtot

qtddtot
Old one full

I am cutting, today i have has 300 cal on a cut.
I am hungry and there is a pizza in the fridge.
Should i eat it, the pizza is 1200 cal.
My tdee is 2500 cal.

just kill urself

I have bulked from 59 to 76 kg and I'm gonna start a cut. I had abs all the way up to 73-74 kg or so. How many kg do you think it will take to hit ottermode?

No

Show pic so we can judge.

I started lifting 6 months ago and have gained 40lbs. I'll use an example: untrained muscle mass has a potential amount of strength it can exert and with training you can teach the muscles to recruit more of the exerting power to get the weight up. I was only 125lbs at 6'2 and I've plateaud hard at all these lifts but by symmetric strength standards I'm still a novice lifter. My question is, should I switch over to a hypertrophy program? As far as I understand hypertrophy increases the mass of a muscle and as such should increase my potential strength which I can then retrain for strength right?

Also, I've been thinking about just periodizing all of my lifts for the big for and accessory lifts. From 5x5 to 3x8, 5x5, and 3x3. Could this help?

>thinks his TDEE is 2500

lol, dude either youre a fucking monster or you're over estimating

You have been lifting for 6 months of course you are a novice lifter.
Your strength levels are based on your lifts times body weight.

That is my daily calorie allowance for maintaining.

Sorry, I should clarify that I realize that I am a novice lifter and probably will be even with another year of dedicated lifting but I'm confused as to how I should program to get out of this phase of plateaus. I've been giving myself more recovery time and noticed that it's helped with my lifts but I'm not quite sure if there's a better way of doing it. Also a typo, meant by symmetric's standards I'm untrained. That's the average lifter though and being a Skelton lengthlet it's silly to think I'd have the lifting capacity of someone with a shorter range of motion and most likely more muscle mass when starting.

Just de-load, you are way too week to move to a hypertrophy program.
If your diet is poor and you arn't getting enough sleep the fix it, it sounds like there is another factor pulling you back.
You 1rm is bellow bw so i doubt you have out grown ss.

>went out on a piss up last night
>lost two pounds
whats going on? it was just water weight right? I haven't lost muscle mass?

Don't piss at night, you will piss out your muscle tissue. 2 weeks of gainz lost

What are some easy tricks to cut down on fat besides dropping butter, fast food and sweet snacks from my diet? Anything surprisingly fatty I should be aware of?

sugary and fizzy drinks

How big is your bladder, ouch.

how tall are you young man?

Held in the piss all night so spent a solid minute pissing

Manletking 5'10

I deaload 10-15% based on how my muscles feel when I fail a set, I am getting 8-9 hours of sleep, also my diet has been relatively good, been meeting macros, I've been using those shitty online calculators so I eat 300grams of carbs (rice, noodles mostly), 200grams of protein which is 35 over recommended (chicken and beef, occasionally tuna/salmon/trout) and 75grams of fat (cheese, milk, meat, butter), then adding high fiber oatmeal and vegetables to get fiber. My rest times for sets occasionally reach 8 minutes at max so I am getting enough rest in between sets. Also making sure to eat enough before working out, not taking preworkout though. Always hydrated. I'm wondering about programming. I workout Monday-Thursday, then 3 days rest. I've changed from a 6 days a week schedule to allow for more recovery.

So Veeky Forums I began Scooby's pull-up progression about a month ago.
This is the first time I have been seriously training and I've lost weigth had gains on my pecs, forearms back and abs and I got myself to doing one rep (wich doesn't seem very impressive but it was literaly the first one of my life and it got me really motivated).
Up until here all good but here's the thing. Even though I've had noticiable gains all ovewr my body my biceps seem to not be growing, wich is weird because I've specifically focused on them because I've allways been ashamed of my arms.
So here's my question. I've been doing barbell curls after every pull-up session (that is every other day) and I've seen no strength progress on this lift even though I can now do a chin up.
Is this because I'm overtraining my biceps or will I have to wait to see more results?

Hi friend, describe to me "scoobys routine"
Actually, just how frequently are you blasting biceps? Are you increasing weight, do you tricep? Rows? Is form on bicep curl good, ez bar or straight bar, any other details, 15, 12 , 8 for biceps have helped my biceps grow

Esentially what I've been doing is chin up negatives + barbell curls with straigth bar one day and resting/ligth cardio the next. I have not increased weigth because every time I do it I can't finish the sets. Should I just increase weigth even if I can't finish the sets until I can finish and then increase it again?
Regarding my diet I'm making sure to get enough protein in and stopped eating shit food.
Also what is 15,12, 8 for biceps? Could I combine it with the pull-up workout somehow?
Thanks for the help.

The 15,12,8, also typo, include 6 is a hyperteophy way to increase mass and musculature endurance so that the lower rep ranges are easier to endure, at least what I've found, so it's your 15 rep max, followed by 12 rep max, followed by 8.... I've observed that for muscles with smaller overall mass that higher volume and hypertrophic help the most for devoloping strength. Glutes obliques and quads for instance are much larger in comparison and thus respond better to lower volume, strength centered training. Increasing the mass of the smaller muscle group has shown to me to be better for increase strength rapidly over time. This is periodizing but accelerated over 1 workout session. The volume increase from doing this should prove beneficial to you, if not. Drop the weight 20% and do 4x8 at your 8 rep max with sufficient rest time 3-5 minutes, you should notice significant gains, after plateuing (2 weeks without strength gains, then drop to 3x8, 5x5,3x3 with a 15% deload at 3x3'a strength plateau.

Correct obliques to hamstrings :(. I'm at a party and have been drinking for hours so I keep messing up my wording but fuck these normies id rather browse Veeky Forums

I do pull ups at home on a door frame bar and at the gym the pull up bars are way wider and I can barely do any

I've also noticed on lat pull down I can do like 90kg with hands towards the middle and less than 50kg all the way to the sides

Is this fairly normal? How do I overcome it?

yes it's normal, just make sure that you're increasing the weight whenever you can. 15+ reps means you should increase weight, lower than 6 and you're training for strength, 8-12 is optimal.

I am recovering from a herniated disc, I'll be in a wheel chair for half to a full year. I don't want to become despondent so I am picking up a few hobbies and also doing body weight with my upper body. What is a good program for upper body while I recover?

If pic related makes up most of my diet everyday will I die from it?
At this point I'll try anything to trick myself into eating enough

Health related I guess
Took ecstasy for the first time 3 months ago (2nd of Feb) , going to take again on the 29th of April.

Will I have build up tolerance?
I was informed that the pill I took was one of the weaker ones, so I should get the full effects right?

How to not eat everything in sight every weekend. Keep strict diet through out the week and then crush shit every damn weekend. I don't get it. On related not at least I put in 28k steps yesterday so maybe I just broke even

I am trying to do SS but I keep getting injuries because my posture is fucked

how do I fix forward head, kyphosis and anterior pelvic tilt?

>pear shaped body
>skinny fat
>5'11 @ 80kg

should I keep going with SS or should I go with SL?

on the same boat friend. got shoulder injuries thus I am stuck/stalling on my upper body exercises.

I just binged on food for Easter.

How shit of an idea is fasting for 3 days?

Ok fit just pulled something in my back during OHP. It was while I was setting up not actually durring the lift. Whole back hurts. Hurts to move arms and shoulders. What have I done.

Im a manlet but i workout like 1 to 2 hours 5 days a week sometimes 6 , is it possible that my TDEE is between 2100 and 2300? And should i take fat burners on rest day ?

I can give you advice on this, I pulled something in my back. I usually immediately got an Mri then I stretch daily and drink a ton of water. You need to stretche imagine your muscles and tends fists.

Hopping it's just a stretched muscle and not a slipped disc. Made me almost lose my breath hurts to lay on back

Whenever I do V ups I get a pain in my right leg upper thigh in a very concentrated area. My left leg is fine. Also, the pain only happens on the way down. What is happening?

I currently have a slipped disc, you'd know if you had one immediately. You'd feel numbing in your legs and ass. I hope you get better.

Had like a numbness all around my back and arms for only a minute or two. The real pain comes from moving neck?

How do I train forearms without injuring my wrists? I did dumbell wrist curls with 5kg for about 3 weeks and I feel something between my wrists and arm ,is that because of bad form?

why do girls keep using me for sex

Mines concentrated in lower back but I have tightness in my neck and upper back somedays. Again stretching doing static hangs on a pull up bar helps relieve tension on the spine. Think of the spine as tight hand and relaxing it can free up the muscles surrounding it. Always by doing pull ups and chin ups builds upper back. But obviously if I were you I'd go to a doctor to talk about this.

I've been doing SS, and i've read here that the best following routine for someone focused in A E S T H E T I C S is a PPL.
Can someone help me with a good ppl routine? I'm kinda lost, i just want to be aesthetic.

If it hurts tomorrow I will go. It made me lose my breath for a second too. Like when you get hit hard in the back. Aleve has helped and moving/stretching helps too. It's upper back like in between shoulder blades

I've only been lifting for two weeks on sean10mm's stripped 5x5 from sticky. Should I switch to SS, or just stick with what I'm doing?

Tightness of breathe is normal it means your muscles are tightened and constricting your chest. Look up cobra pose and here

Thanks anons

You're welcome. I understand how it feels to be in pain. Hope you get better.

I know rest is essential for muscle growth, but is there a reason to rest between push days and leg days? i've been consistently doing them 2 consecutive days

Without steroids it all goesdown to the same: progression. Programming is not as important as making progress in the main lifts.

So, f i'm not havinng any more progression on SS, it is a good idea to PPL with more reps, while maintaining the progressive overload, correct?

Ty for the answer.

Im currently bulking and training 6 times a week doing ppl. If I decide to cut can I reduce the number of days Im in the gym?

I have rotated femur bones I am getting surgery to cut them reposition them and my tibias. I'll be in a wheel chair for about a year. What's good exercises for this?

if I cheat on my diet and eat nachos and a large diet coke today, how long until I will lose the water weight? could I just drink a lot of water tomorrow then it'll be gone by Tuesday?

I'll maintain my calorie deficit, but I've read that eating shit taco bell will still have a negative affect on aesthetics because of insulin or carbs or sodium or some shit

Do you guys think traps are aesthetic?

Not trolling, but a lot of people I've talked to seem to think traps make physiques look "gross."

Personally, I don't really think it's really that aesthetic either beyond a certain point.

Im a beginner.

How do I deal with small weights when Deadlifting? I mean physically small weights. I have to bend much lower to reach the bar. Is that okay or should I do RDL until I can at least do 1pl8?

Bumper plates or elevate the bar

pls respond

just try a different exercise that doesn't hurt your wrists. reverse curls, wrist curls (can also be behind the back), farmers walks, etc

I want to build my own home gym
Do I have to buy olympic bar or regular is fine?
How many plates do I need? 2x20 2x10 2x5 2x2,5 and 2x1,25? (kg)
Do I need squat rack and bench asap or can I improvise?
I'm noob as fuck
bp 40kgx5
ohp 35kgx5
squat 95kgx5
row 45kgx5
deadlift 105kgx5

How the fuck do I make my lats visible from the front?

I've been cutting for 3 months, getting very lean and will probably finish my cut in a month.

My moods are... terrible. I'm moody all the time, snap at everyone, feel annoyed by absolutely every noise, and literally having existential crises daily. I feel depressed (extremely depressed like I want to fucking die) and anxious. Every time I hear my neighbor's children whine I want to punch their fucktard faces.

Is this normal towards the end of a long cut?

Currently going every other day, only doing bench every other every other day. Should I be doing something else chest specific every other day/every day. I have the time to go everyday

>me after 6 years of lifting
Not kidding
I did SS, fucked around, fucked around some more, got injuries, didn't eat, didn't sleep etc.
Right now I still have slight back pain and knee pain but nearly fixed
90% of the time I've been doing things based on the 5x5 approach, so SS, Greyskull, Madcow at some point, 5/3/1
Its not the routines' fault I have no gains, but what would a fun and good routine for me to try out if I did all that stuff already and failed miserably at lifting for 6 years?

Can I do SL but 3x5? Also I want to put in some cardio at the end (fast walking 25-30min on the treadmill) because I need to burn this baby fat on top.
Or stick to 5x5 but lift baby weight since I'm weak as fuck.

Is taking a hot bath after a workout beneficial to recovery? It really stimulates blood flow right?

How much sucess do you guys with six packs have on tinder? I bet its alot more than without it.

A good app that can track an a/b routine but also mwf?
So i have a/b alternating exercises but squat Mon and Fri and dead on wed.

5x5. SL does advocate a 3x5 program, but not until you've maxed out what you can do 5x5 including two reloads. After that you can do 3x5 so you can edge in a little bit more weight onto the bar.

You can do cardio but it will hurt your recovery and make you fail to increase the weight sooner than if you skipped it. By how much? I'm not sure. Think about what your goals are. I'd do the cardio, personally. The numbers will come eventually either way but cardio is good for your heart and soul, my man.

6'1 226, cut or body recomp?

Ain't nobody gonna answer this shit?

Guys, I'm on a bulk right now, and the hardest part is eating. I've never had a big appetite, but it's gotten to the point where I'm sick of food, and have completely lost my appetite. Are there any solutions to this so I can bulk without hating my life?

Dirty bulk 3 meals a day. 1000 cals a meal being the goal, minus whatever gets you to your tdee +500

Can anyone recommend me a decent beginners calisthenics workout? My friend asked me to make one for him to do while he's on the road, but I have no idea how to make one for someone in a small space with no gym access.

eating a high protein diet in larger quantities gives me diarrhea, is there anything I can eat that will aid/stabilize my digestion?

Taking regular fiber pills helps.

I eat a banana and apple every day, is that not enough fibre?

Do more weighted chin-ups and pull-ups young blood. Sick wings aren't made overnight tho

Okay I'll do 5x5.

I did 3x5 a year ago but I need to star going again, never felt that I pushed myself enough with 3x5 tho. Literally never had muscle ache with 3x5.

What is the name of those things that are like a small bar with a rope in it that you put some weight on the rope and roll the bar with your hands to train the forearms?

Wrist rollers

Jesus Christ user.

Honestly I don't think it's the routine. You need to pick something and actually stay with it. No fucking around.

IDK what your goals are but whether you want to be greek statue mode or you want to be a powerlifter you need to think about how much you want them. If you really want them, you know how it's done so get after it, be consistent.

Its weightlifter mode ._.

I would always advocate for extra fiber, it couldn't hurt.
Bump

Are beans and lentils good for cutting or should I avoid them?

Is it unnecessary for me to lift weights if I eat 1500kcal a day and losing weight? Will I even get any muscle gains or am I just wasting time and should just focus on diet?

You'll get muscle if those 1500kcal are clean and include the protein that you need according to your muscle mass.

Except thats bullshit, you cant build on 1500kcal

>Been doing SS
>Moving to GSLP
>Heavy low-bar back squat killing lower back due to being lanky

Are there any negatives to replacing low-bar with high-bar, and continuing low-bar with 12 reps for hypertrophy? I'd make deads 3x5 and add in some RDL's to compensate.

the fuck are u laughing at?

That is a question for a medical professional user, you should be getting as much physical therapy as you can afford

how many pullups should i do in order to not lose a significant amount of progress if i cant go the gym anymore thanks to lack of time

you won't have built up any tolerance.
You have to practice standing properly and puling your shoulders right back, face pulls and cable rows are your friends because they will strengthen the muscles which you have weakened by slouching your whole life.
As long as its not the same muscles working its fine
just reach down further a 3" deficit deadlift of 100lbs is pretty unlikely to hurt you plus once you work up to 135 it will be so easy
make them bigger
read the sticky do a program

Since it's spring time, what Veeky Forums approved vegetables can I plant in my garden for maximum gains?

plz respond

If i deadlift 1x/week, should i be trying to PR everytime or do it for reps undder my 1RM?

Being active is crucial to healing your disc user, why are you in a wheelchair?

Then again I don't know your age or how bad it is.

If I were to improve my circulatory system (eat healthy fats, lots of cardio, lowly my cholesterol) would that mean that I would get more blood to my dick when I'm aroused and there for give me a thicker dick naturally?