Starting strenght & aesthetics

So this guy on reddit joined the 1000lbs club. Hilarity ensues:

Squat: youtube.com/watch?v=6cKJPw5ld9s
Deadlift: youtube.com/watch?v=YRxEFIytmgQ
Bench: youtube.com/watch?v=5QcGXoJ06Jw

I can't think of a better example of why you shouldn't do starting strength or the bulk/cut cycle meme. What does he have to be so confident about? The guy looks terrible. He's a ginger, he's fat and he's got zero definition.

A E S T H E T I C S is what it's all about. Year round. You're not gonna get there by constantly bulking or cutting. It's fucking with your metabolism and mental state. There's no way that you can convince me that it's healthy to cycle between overeating and maintaining a caloric deficit.

My theory:
> Brosplit (repeat chest, emphasize shoulders and abs, high volume leg day once every week/two weeks)
> HIIT 2/3 times week (or basically whatever cardio you enjoy. It's just that HIIT is the most effective - t. Wiki)
> Diet: eat what you burn, overeat on protein. Also no processed foods/no soda.

Any of you aesthetic bro's wanna weigh in on how to be you? Is my theory valid?

what if he isn't trying to look good and instead he is trying to get strong?

Look up the word 'theory' in a dictionary. Then kill yourself.

>goal is to get strong
>gets strong

>hilarity ensues

Why do you care about how another man looks?

He looks like shit because he's a lanklet. 1000lb club is only strong enough to build serious muscle if you're like 5'5"

I bet you have never lifted in your life.

Once this guy gets his squat up to 500, then cuts down, he will look exactly the way you want to look. Only this way, he will get it.

2/10 for making me post.

you're a faggot dude
at least this reddit guy actually lifts

He was a lanklet and wanted to get strong. i.e. he wanted to get big.

Then he'll be a lanklet with huge, unattractive legs? How many aesthetic people do SS? ZERO.

Lets see a picture of you OP.

I guarantee 100% you look worse than him.

t.bitter weakling

>How many aesthetic people do SS? ZERO.

>STARTING strength
>why is no one who runs it aesthetic?

It's a beginner program meant for 14 year old football players, or unathletic people who have 0 base of strength. You're supposed to get your squat, bench, deadlift, and press up to OK numbers for 3-4 months to where you have the work capacity and strength to do a real program.

Sounds like you've got some issues, OP.

You've slated this guy's training methods for how he looks, and then put forward your own
>theory
But you haven't shown us the results we should expect from this radical new training philosophy.

SS is a beginner program designed to last 3-6 months.

Nobody on ANY routine will look aesthetic in that time.

>WOOO OOOH BABY YEAAH DATS MY BOI

Why can't white americans communicate without trying to imitate niggers?

All of these.
OP, you are clearly dyel, probably been lifting for less than a month or don't even lift at all.

It makes me laugh when dyels talk shit about someone who is objectively better than them.

I found a jelly skelly.

well yeah thanks for pointing out the obvious, the guy in the OP is a skelly, SS for size is a meme

oddly enough, i actually agree with OP even though he is, of course, a huge faggot.

this dude looks fucking terrible, like he genuinely doesn't even lift. i mean come on. what good is his 1000lbs for him? hes too old to compete in anything meaningful in powerlifting anyway

i feel like OP is probably a shitskin, his stupidity and unwarranted arrogance are obvious nigger red flags.

Post body.
Bet you look worse.

Its obvious people don't lift when they don't understand that having a moderate bodyfat level reduces definition to the point of making someone "not look like they lift" when seen in a video or photo with no reference for their actual size.

You would likely be able to tell this guy lifts to some extent if you were stood next to him in person.

Damn, that stance width on deadlift. He could be lifting way more with a narrower stance given his body shape.

the red head in OP is probably 6'+ and 200lbs+ OP and the red heads detractors are all sub 150lb guaranteed.

his deadlift form is terrible for sure.

OP post a timestamped pic of your body and some videos of your maxes.

its nice to see Veeky Forums come together and BTFO some know-nothing DYEL dweeb, well done lads.

not the guy you quoted

but dude get it together, the guy in the OP OBVIOUSLY doesn't look like he lifts, he's dyel except for some deluded SS standards.

I'm a Veeky Forums oldfag, can tell you that SS is suboptimal size wise but a good way to build a decent strength base - besides memeing you can get better natty size results with a PP split (and most importantly caloric surplus).

Man accomplishes goal through hard work. What happens next will shock you.

post your body

Fuck off back to plebbit cuck

>1000lbs
>sounds impressive
>convert it to non-meme weight unit
>450kg
That's nothing, lanklets can't be good looking by lifting such light weights. Or at least we can but only if we do it for reps and sets

I'm not the OP or the guy you argued so I won't - you'd call me a roider - been accused of that since 2012. It doesn't matter, the guy in the OP is not big, why are you so butthurt about me pointing that out. Then again, I train for strength these days and 1000 lbs club isn't much anyway.

SS is suboptimal for bodybuilding purposes which is fucking obvious because it's a strength routine, and strength=size as the best natural way is a myth as /plg/ clearly shows.

post your body

1. post body
2. guy in OP vid said he wanted to get strong, not big.

Very subtle bait 9/10, guaranteed 150 replies. The use of Reddit here is very good, and the overt tone of snarkiness comes of as genuine. This is some of the best shitposting I've seen in a long while.

>that buttwink
>that catback
>that butt coming off the seat

he doesn't look that bad but I imagine him fucking his back with that dead lift one day, he could get that look by lifting lighter

well why don't you post what you look like?=

fuck, you've made me insecure now. i thought i looked better but now i feel you might be right. in any case, if i really do look shittier than that faggot i'll just take it as motivation to work harder

1000lbs club is nonsense, that is weak as shit.

>using a belt

none of those lifts count

>ass comes way off bench during bench press

failed rep

I just want to be able to pick up big things, beat people up, and scare people with my muscles.

Apart from that all that matters is not looking too fat, screw abs.

You're a faggot.

you dont look terrible, but you're in no position to judge the guy in OPs videos.

>due starts lifting to get strong
>gets really strong
>b-but muh aesthetics

only faggots and women care about looks

keep your ass on the bench and don't over-exaggerate the back arch

bench press is for chest not to train leg drive

under-rated

if you lift to be cute you're no manlier than a fucking teenage girl. men lift to get shit done.

I remember my first year lifting.

t. sourgrapes

Is this after a chest pump? Not bad but the guy op has a decent chest under that shirt in my opinion

can you recomend a good strength training routing that's a little geard towards looking good.

SS with accessories and slower compoun progression.

im hoping off the SS train. i'm stalling on SS and not sure on what to do next.

nah i'm cutting right now

PHAT
or like the other user said SS with accessories, because the bare thing just focuses on compounds

I'm a 6'3 skelly and do SS with weighted chinups from the start, I feel great, cant believe I didn't start this shit sooner.

relax you're obviously bigger than the guy in the OP and look better. Not sure what that other guys obsession about posting bodies is, maybe he should post his physique too

I only squat 3 pl8 yet I am so much thiccer than him, feels good

I hate you bodybuilding autists REEEEEEEEEEEE

Starting strength is is a STRENGTH program, it does what it is intended to do, get you STRONGER at basic movements, it doesn't turn you into Zyzz. If you want to be aesthetic you need a program dedicated to it, also on another note his bench doesn't count as his ass is not touching the bench.

On the other hand there are programs that gets you stronger and aesthetic, the main difference is the exercises performed and the number of reps. Of course he has no shoulder definition if he doesn't do overhead press or shoulder dumbell press, not to mention lateral raises.
Of fucking course he doesn't have arms if he doesn't do curls or triceps. Yeah no wonder he doesn't have an amazing back by just doing deadlifts, if you want an aesthetic back you do above the knee rack pulls or weighted pull ups as well.

Don't get me wrong, strength exercises do build muscle, but not in the way you imagine, you can use your 300lb bench strength max so that you can incline bench 225x8 and get an amazing chest by working in the hyperthropy range, with an aesthetic minded exercise, which in turn will build more muscle than someone who only does 135 on the incline because he has no strength base. This lad will do 100% better than most gym rats once he starts doing assistance exercises.

he would look good if he did some curls and skullcrushers for a month imo
getting stronger is my driving force, when i'm getting stronger i know i do things right
what's ur driving force then?

>hes too old to compete in anything meaningful in powerlifting anyway

lol

mate of mine started at 27 years old and has a 1700 total after 3 years

Aesthetics are a function of leanness, nothing more.

You're probably one of those guys who thinks 3x8 is for size and 5x5 is for strength. Lol.

You've got a very long way to go, friend.

aesthetics are a function of muscle mass too. Many SS users have reverse bigorexia and think they are "more muscular" than someone because they are heavier, not realizing that neglecting arms while dirty bulking has led to them being a 25% bodyfat mess with noodle arms.

The routine without accessories isn't properly balanced and will cause reverse curlbro syndrome

>Aesthetics are a function of leanness, nothing more.

fag redditor isn't even in the 1000lb club his butt shot up off the bench and thus doesn't count

I'd bet money someone on Veeky Forums would want to look like that

You do that after you do SS/SL/Reg Parks/whatever for 6 months. Then you make your aesthetics goals reachable within 1 year instead of 3.

>lifting babbyweight for 100 reps
>making it

So you are a little leaner than the guy in the OP and you do curls. Wow, you sure showed us

Please don't ignore this person because he is right.

Hahaha I lift here it's the fitness 19 in Yucaipa

What's a real program?

All of the biggest, most 'aesthetic' guys at my gym are squatting 450+ and deadlifting in the 500s ('for reps'). They didn't get there on a bro split. All the guys that ARE on brosplits are lanky chumps or puffy manlets. They have some show muscle, but not much, and they get totally gassed when they try to squat 225.

Is his form on the deadlift super shit or is it just me?

He simply forgot to eat you guys.

That fucking hair tho
I bet u eat rice everyday

Mirin goal body

this.

dude has awful DL form

fucking this

>posting stale fake news
/pol/ pls go to bed

y-... you think i'm asian?? holy fuck man, what did i do to you?

>SS is suboptimal for bodybuilding purposes which is fucking obvious because it's a strength routine, and strength=size as the best natural way is a myth as /plg/ clearly shows.
literally nobody in this thread said otherwise
nobody said he is that big
he himself admits to training for strenght, which YOU said certainly doesnt equate to aesthetics, which is true

So, now tell me: what are you arguing about?

I don't get it? He's tall as fuck and looks average? Wow what a fail OP you should go kill yourself but please post pics of yourself and those three lifts before you do so we can all make fun of you.

He needs to redo that bench. Butt left the bench, no lift.

If you're a beginner, Greyskull LP is the best hands down
If you're more towards the intermediate side, PHUL

>So this guy on reddit joined the 1000lbs club
>Hilarity ensues
just go the fuck back to r*ddit and stay there desu

SS has curls in it lol.

>reddit
>ensues
>hiit
Get the fuck out cancer

this post confirmed that this thread is bait

have some fun once a while eurosperg

Scott won genetic lottery.

No homo.

>No homo.

...He looks fine though? Not massively aesthetic, but he looks way better than the fat t-rex worst case scenario, and obviously he's just going for strenght over aesthetics.

>What does he have to be so confident about?
This is the most pathetically petty thing I've ever seen.

He's obviously just mimicking bro culture for humour.

>i mean come on. what good is his 1000lbs for him?
Subjective personal fulfilment that's no one else's business?

>strength will never equal size is a meme

If you clone me into two people, one deadlifts 300 and one deadlifts 600, the clone deadlifting 600 will more than likely be jucier

It's very rare to see someone squat/deadlift 500/600 and be skinny apart from weight class obsessed PL's

no he thinks you're a hippy nu-male

is eating rice a sign of being a "hippy nu-male"?

>apart from weight class obsessed PL's

so essentially the whole of /plg/

the average strong guy will not only focus on getting up the big 3 but also look to progress his weighted chins, weighted dips, rows, OHP etc. so he will have a joocy and well-rounded physique. So yeah, ditch SS after a few months or atleast push it full with needed accessories after acquiring proper form on the basics.

Also don't fully limit yourself to one rep range for the best results; for example olylifters will have "bodybuilding" days designed with higher rep sets to maximize development.