Shoe thread

let's get a shoe thread going.
>was thinking of getting these as a nice pair of mid range oly shoes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l7a8p6KkP0w
ebay.com/itm/ELEIKO-fit-WEIGHTLIFTING-POWERLIFTING-CROSSFIT-SHOES-LIMITED-STOCK-EXCLUSIVE-/121646329694
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just got them
feels nice so far

Bump for interest. Want lifting/training shoes but dont want to drop 200 bucks on em

are they your first pair of oly shoes and if not which did you have before

Been using the Powerlift 2.0s for almost two years now. Solid shoe though I keep hearing the high ends Adipowers are much much better.

first pair
people here told me that powerlifts have shitty heels and adipowers didn't fit my budget

Is this by word of mouth or by shilling campaigns?

I just think my friends and gym colleagues just don't wanna admit that buying those shoes for 200$ was a waste, I don't know man, I frankly am happy with what I have

i got into squats and so on again recently, only squat 130kgx5 so i don't think i need the high end adipowers but i just need a pair to make sure i don't fuck up myself from not being stable

if it's only for squatting just get the power perfects
those are more than enough

Should be fine with those. A lot of IPF level guys seem to be doing fine with those.

Powerlift 3 or adipower? Got them for almost the same price, but can't decide. Powerlift looks a but better imo.

Adipower > power perfect > powerlift

Romaleo 2s

got a pair of nike metcon ones, not bad allrounders, but not great for squats

Bought those shitty more mile more lift ones for 40 quid

Been using powerlift 2.0s for about 1,5 years now. Good shoes, nothing to complain

Leistungs.

I have these, love them.
They would be even better if the black and white colours were switched

old pair of chucks

>more money for ma protein powder

any good running shoe out there for a guy with flat feet?

Ive been using my Nike metcons for lifting. Is that good? I thought about getting the adipower for squats though,

BEST CHEAP SHOES

>vs athletics (us only)

>do-win gong lu 2/3s

Why exactly? Just because of the higher socket?

at least on powerlifts the heel isn't as sturdy
it feels like it compresses in higher weights
also the heel isn't as high

get power perfect 2 they're great
many olympic athletes use them and clarence

>it feels like it compresses in higher weights

I squat 200kg+ in PL2's and can tell you that this isn't true.

power perfects are great for everything actually people clean and jerked more than 230 kgs in them

>powerlifts compress

this is a big meme. plenty of people have squat huge weight in pl2s. including dan green squatting >700lb

and heel height is a preference. higher doesnt always = better

He said higher weights. Not just measly 200 kg.

yeah, that's why I said they are more than enough for just squatting

how much one has to squat to be granted a privillage to buy powerlifting shoes?

0kg
and weightlifting, not powerlifting

ignoring any weight. test if you squat better with a raised heel by squatting with 5kg plate under your heel. if its comfy, buy a pair

Fair enough.

If you're considering purchasing PL shoes and you squat more than 200kg I can't confirm the shoes don't compress.

I can confirm they don't up to 200kg.

how do you know whether dan greens shoes compress or not under that weight?

he wouldnt wear them if they did???

fair enough
I found a thread about the same thing on >leddit

>I did a lot of volume squats in 355-455 (161-207) range with the powerlift 2s, but I found with my heavier work (496/225) they started to squish.
>Probably irrelevant for most weightlifters, they handle fine with most weights they'd use.

I'm getting the adidas powerlifting 3. They are way cheaper than the adipower or romaleos and still useful to people like me who just want an edge while squatting and are not competitive oly lifters, plus they are lit af.

Romaleo's are the ONLY good looking gym heels. Nike = athletic EXCELLENCE

new romaleos are uggo af. best "modern" looking shoes are reeboks you pleb

I never said 3s. Reebok is pathetic UFC-tier crap

Been lifting in these for 2 years. Super solid, awesome fit, wear them every day. If you have a wide foot I highly recommend the shoe.

I looked up the reviews for the romaleos 3 and lots of people say the 2's are way better and the 3's are quite cheap and not as good, can anyone confirm ?

dont know about quality but legacy lifters are more aesthetic than romaleo 2s and 3s

Very nice shoes but I'm not walking around the gym in Reeboks, am I right fellas?

my collection of daily-use shoes

lol

kek are you 14?

no, i'm 28 i just like obnoxious shoes

>being brand religious

Wei-Rui Warriors
We poverty now

wei rui and do-win are pretty good though

are they comparable to the adidas power perfect 2 though?

Nigger detected

Have these and they're dope lel

screamer squats 300kg+ in do-win gong lu 3s

theyre good quality and pretty cheap

>plus they are lit af.

Wasn't I suppose to lift with chucks?

I have the Adipowers. Added a cm in extra heel height because of my limited ankle mobiliity. Now that I've worked on that I want to get the Rio Leistungs. They're a bit taller but not as tall as my current shoes.

has anybody tried the drehkraft or knows how they compare to the power perfect 2's. Been reading that they are the successors to the pp2's

donny shankle jerked 237kg in the do-win shoes
but the power perfect 2 are better but i guess youre not olympic lifting so i doubt you will be able to break the do-win shoe also the power perfect 2 cost 25$ more so it depends on how much youre willing to spend

Just got these /K/ What do you think?

Chuck taylors ayyyy

i have powerperfect 2s. has anyone changed the inserts out of them? my left food feels like it's rolling in and i'm thinking about switching out

Old but gold

he was so cute back then, he could of been my boyfriend but now hes a ugly ass monster

should've bought a size smaller then

opinions on klokov's oly shoes?
youtube.com/watch?v=l7a8p6KkP0w

also saw that eleiko jumped on the oly shoes bandwagon. saw lots of them in the crossfit gym in halmstad. any good?
ebay.com/itm/ELEIKO-fit-WEIGHTLIFTING-POWERLIFTING-CROSSFIT-SHOES-LIMITED-STOCK-EXCLUSIVE-/121646329694

I've had these for 4 years, love them

where can u buy these in canada for a good price?

willing to spend up to 100 cad but not any more cuz im a money grubby jew

Are Chucks or Vans still best gym shoe for the avg person?

even in real-dollars they go for $150

>basketball american

Just bought this from oversea because ny country doesn't have them. Sure hope the size fit or else i might just have to sell them.

Yup, apparently the material quality suffer because they tried to reduce the weight.

god tier gym shoes

Lu Xiaojun uses the Romaleos 2 so that makes them better.

>nike metcon

Kill yourself you fucking crossfitter. Faggots like you ruined the Romaleos 3.

Yes. Chucks are a good all around shoe desu. Weightlifting shoes will help if you have poor ankle mobility and hitting depth when doing high bar and if you're gonna do oly lifting then you might as well get them since everyone uses them.

If you squat low bar then they aren't really needed since low bar doesn't require a lot of ankle flexibility.

>2nd last frame

he has 5 years before he is a baldcel, that's life user

I was considering PP2s, but I found adipowers for just under 100 on ebay, so I went and gother those.
PP2s were apparently good enough for clarence to squat 300kg in, so if there's any concern that powerlift 2/3 aren't enough, the PP2s are probably more than enough for most of the hobby lifters on Veeky Forums