Do I look obese?

I am 5'11 and 270 lbs, but I was thinking that maybe losing just 60 lbs and that would be close to ideal for me . I do lift weights already. Is BMI really accurate in cases like mine? What can I do to get rid of the extra flab?

>Do I look obese?
Yes.
>What can I do to get rid of the extra flab?
Read sticky.

morbidly obese like really disgustingly fat?

unless you can bench at least 2pl8, you're probably obese, given those numbers. I'm 6'2" and I weigh 100 lbs less than you and I have a fuckton of flab

If you want to know what weight theoretically you need to be for a bf% you are aiming for you need your current body fat %/weight/lean body mass. After you figure out your lean body mass the equation is generally

Lean body mass / (1-(percent bf you desire as a decimal))

So say you're 270 and 32% bf. That'd be 180.9 lbs lbm.

So 180.9/(1-.12) = 205 lbs.

Granted that equation means you lose fat only and never muscle (not gonna happen nigga). So you're looking at having to drop 80-90 lbs to be around 12% bf even with a good diet. Just cut your calories to a 25% deficit of your sedentary tdee and ride that bitch diet out for 60 weeks aka 15 months of dieting and lifting.

you look like you came straight out of the 90's, like some kind of sopranos goon

I just want to lose 60 lbs. I am so large in my build naturally. I want to maintain that. 60 lbs is a good start. I am currently drinking 1 gallon of water daily and I have cut out most sugars from my diet.

Count your god damn calories then, fuck.

youre morbidly obese but carry your weight well

honestly OP you probably have a decent amount of muscle under all of that fat.

5'11 270 pounds is fucking HEAVY, and you dont look THAT fat.

cut down and you'd probably be surprised whats under that layer of disgusting lard

BRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPAP

I have extremely muscular legs from bike riding so that is why I weigh so much compared to my BF.

I would love to smell her pungent farts

yes... you probs have body dysmorphia or something from being so used to how you think you look. you're really fat. and yes BMI is accurate unless you have a huge amount of muscle, which you don't.

I don't have body dismorphia. I know i am fat. But when I think of obese people I think of people with rolls of fat all over who have 4 chins and can't move around. And how do you know I don't have muscle? I have huge shoulders and a 37 waist and 22 inch shoulders. I think I am mildly obese, but I was thinking people are surprised when I tell them my weight. They can't believe I weigh that much at only my height.

BMI tells me at 5'11 I should weigh no more than 170 lbs. I don't think that is accurate at all. My Dr even told me 210 lbs was my ideal because I am so large.

Well here is another picture but I know I am still pretty fat, but my legs are pretty large, aren't they?

I'm in a similar boat, OP. I'm 280 at 6'1" and I'm definitely obese, but my best weight is about 215-220. I can do cartwheels and clapping pushups and had a 35" waist at that weight

I OHP 145, bench about 205 on incline and dead 405 and am only lifting casually right now. When I decide to stop being a lardass i'll make an effort to push those numbers up.

We're just built big, OP, get down to 210 and people will think you're 185. When I was 185 people thought I was emaciated and they thought I looked fit at 210

Mirin the shirt brah.
>mfw thinking about those aborted babies hurting

Amazing calves, but you're obese my dude. Lose the fucking weight!

You don't look obese but you do look overweight. And not just a little bit. You don't look like a lard ass but no one would think your weight is healthy. Definitely lose the weight. I'm 6' and 200 lb and I'm trying to lose another 25

Nah man you're average

Bro if you lose weight and lift, you will be a fucking brick wall. You look pretty strong for someone who (I assume) doesn't lift at all. And if you actually weigh 270 at 5'11, that is impressive because you look more like 220 at most.

I've been trying to lose fat for the past 10 years. I have made some progress, but I am still fat. I do lift, but not very often. Just twice a week. I have a consensus that I have a long way to go. I will not give up, though. My goal is to get to 210 lbs or 15% BF. Which ever comes first. Apparently, I am one of those people that need a strict diet or I can never lose.