Preacher curls

redpill (or bluepill) me on preacher curls Veeky Forums.

I'm not necessarily a beginner at lifting, but I wouldn't consider myself intermediate yet.

Long story short, I want to replace DB curls with preacher curls. Is this wise? Should I stick with DB/BB curls, or maybe both?
I personally like how challenging preacher curls feel (maybe because I don't do them often).
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HZ2957l4r4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pray to the all mighty Lee Fucking Priest while doing them preacher curls for maximum gainz.

Isolation vs stabilizers. There you go.

First of all, you can do preacher curls with dumbells...

They put you at a much higher risk for a bicep tear though.

youtu.be/HZ2957l4r4U

the ultimate normie workout

I know that, but i'm wondering if it's worth it to even do preacher curls.
I like them I guess, but I don't see the point.
I'm making this thread to discuss whether or not it's worth it to incorporate them into my workout, replace regular curls, or if they're a waste of time

I think its worth it to incorporate them if you limit the range of motion to the top 3/4ths of the movement. A lot of big guys and pros swear by them, most notably CT Fletcher.

You probably get a better pump because there is more tension throughout the full ROM.

3/4 ROM is what I do with them currently. I think I'll incorporate them once a week for a now and if I notice a difference at all with my other lifts I'lol increase the frequency.

just do both?

Preacher curls let you go heavier on the weight

I don't think people should be doing heavy curls in general though unless you enjoy running the risk of tearing biceps normally

Ennui snapped his bicep doing like a 35 lb preacher curl.

honestly it doesnt matter, biceps are biceps and u doing a couple months of preachers vs db curls wont make u arnold or make u any smaller than u already are.

do both if ur that autistic about ur arms

>giving a fuck about the weak tendons of roiders

how do preacher curls let you go heavier?
If you're doing them with enough extension/ROM, it should be way harder than a regular db curl.

You're essentially isolating your bicep (to a higher degree) in an exercise that is already an isolation

> Preacher curls let you curl heavier weights
U wot m8

I do preacher curls mostly because i fucked up my wrist for a couple of months doing BB curls.

>Preacher curls let you go heavier on the weight

If anything, preacher curls make you go lighter since they're strictly isolation.

ugghhhhh shes pretty fine senpai

There's this turbo manlet at my gym(like 150cm tall) that only does biceps. He starts with preacher curls, but somehow it stopped being an isolation exercise because he fucking SWINGS his whole body, then he does concentration curls and as a finisher he does "normal" curls where he uppercuts the air.
He's been doing this for months with pretty much the same weight. He also has invisible lats syndrome, even though he only does biceps and chest(and his only chest exercise is a combination of db bench press and flyes)

>thick armed caveman mode

I prefer spider curls tbhfam

Big roider broscience giys swear by them

...Are you in Sydney?