Tfw $3,102.99 in credit card debts at 29% APR

>tfw $3,102.99 in credit card debts at 29% APR.

>having debt
literally boomer tier

>tfw 80k school debt at 1.5% APR

Seriously why the fuck does the average joe need a credit card? I understand business needing lending but everyday people... it’s retarded. The rewards programs are rubbish and I know of no one that has never paid interest at some point.

banks force you to have credit so you can take loans out so you need a credit card to build credit

tfw I never paid interest for my first ~5 years of using credit cards & getting rewards until my business tanked then I realized how garbage taking on debt is.

I've never paid a penny of interest and I've made several grand in rewards points.

>50k Southwest points (~$800 worth) signing bonus
>100k Chase UR points for Chase Sapphire Reserve (worth $1.5k when redeemed for travel)
>$500 signing bonus here, $300 there

Just pay your bills in full each month. Don't spend more than you can pay back in full instantly.

Educational debt, on the other hand... I have $90k at 5-6% for law school. It's annoying but I don't regret it due to current earnings and future potential.

Because not everyone wants to be a renter class cuck forever. No credit card = no house. Enjoy living with your parents or paying some slumlord to borrow their place temporarily for your whole life.

Literally impossible to climb out of best bet is to go to a credit union and get a low interest rate loan to pay your high one off

>4110464
>tfw literally 1 credit card that i never use
>credit card score 800
must be because i have 200k in the bank at age 20

Lying about your assets on your application is fraud

>tfw when you have 0% APR on $4,000

>2017
>using credit to outsmart da j00s

"I'm so smart because I'm gaming the system that banks let happen!"
"I love my rewards, after spending $10,000 for $100 in rewards! I love those miles!"

"you need a credit score to buy a new car, or house! You don't want to live in your mothers basement right user?"

1) Rewards are a waste of time, since a credit card has you spend 12-18% more on average than paying cash. The banks know you'll spend more money so they give $2 for every $100 spent. Piss off bootlickers.

2)buy a used $2000 car, save $2000, sell the car, and buy a $4000 car, save $2000 more, sell the car, you have a $6000 car. Rinse and repeat up to your discretion. Or pay the new car in cash, you're going to lose money anyways, so atleast pay it without interests.

3) Banks don't NEED credit scores to help you buy a house. The process is called manual underwriting, where you show proof of any existing debts, income, history of past rent or payments.

Fucking dumbass teens and tweens don't know how real life works.

"oh no, we can't get ahead, muh poverty, muh wealth inequality"

Shut the fuck up and learn some personal finance.

Building credit lowers interest rates on loans which if you are like 99% of the world you will need to buy a car or house.

Just use a credit card like you would a debit card and pay it off in full every month. No fees no problems.

that's nothing

I am 19 and make $8000 a month and can't move out because my credit history doesn't exist yet.

I have not found a single apartment that will look at me because of my lack of credit history.

Yeah, same thing happened to me.

If you have ends but no credit/hard to prove income/etc., the strategy is to offer up multiple months of the lease at once to get your foot in the door

This guy gets it, I churn through 2 or 3 cc's a year and the free flights add up, especially with the examples given.

Visa has a 40% fucking net profit, Chase is 25%...they're giving you free shit, drop in the bucket to them.

>tfw LITERALLY worthless NEET
>as in, no income and just like a thousand bucks from family gifts from childhood that were never spent
>still worth more than fags with debt
I may not win the game of life, but you're losing harder than me, and I'm a loser living with my parents.
As soon as I start any kind of job I'll shoot so much higher than you, but let's be realist I will never work :^)

You can still get a mortage without a credit card or credit score... the only bad thing about having no credit score is that some people won't rent to you, but that doesn't really matter to me.

>Pay your entire lease / rent in full in advance
>Place a 50%+ down payment on a house
>Get cosigned by a parent with good credit history

These are your only options

It's entirely for building credit (for people who aren't retards). For example, I couldn't get certain services until I had a credit history. Every dollar I use my credit card for is paid for directly from my checking account. So really it's just a debit card that builds credit for me.

I bought my first house at 19. Large down payment + got a parent making below poverty line income but with good credit to cosign the loan.

>get job
>I could give you a company name that contracts entry level firefighters if you are really desperate.
>don't drink coffee, beer, or consume any other luxury goods for 3-4 months
>pay off denbts
$3000 is a lot less than you think it is.

Who else here /neverhaddebt/.

>mother paid for schooling which would be 150k in total (including grad school).
>bought me a BMW coupe when I graduated HS.
>never used a credit card.
>Don't have a credit score.
>bought my 400k apartment in cash.
>bought my car in cash.
>never will buy a brand new car.
>never rented in my life.
>laugh at all my peers that are 100s of thousands in debt from school, cars, homes they can't actually afford.
>mfw normies also get pissed off when I tell them they can't buy a 30k car unless it's in cash and 10% or less than your networth.

Why are normal fags so bad with money? My friend and his wife are lawyers and make 250k a year together, and they are in 1,000,000 USDworth of debt! including their house, and he called me talking about a new 30k car he just got, and he got such a good deal by financing it. Cars should not even be allowed to be financed, that would keep all the poor fags and women off the road, or force them to buy 5k cars instead of a 30k bmw they can't afford. Also STOP USING CREDIT CARDS OP YOU DUMB SHIT. ONLY PAY FOR THINGS IN CASH OR USE A DEBIT CARD REEEEEEEEEE.

Feels good being smart with money and having a mother with a 5 million networth.

You know, I agree with you, but you still sound like a prick.

Wait a minute, $3000 credit card debt?

You aren't in debt. You basically just have a bill to pay.

Proof: Debt relief companies wont even talk to you.

Its very easy to talk like that for someone who just got handed everything to him.
If your parents don’t have a lot of money and you want to make it the only way to get up to the top is to take risks which means debt.
The whole society is build upon it

This friend of yours is doing fine, In 10 years he will have sold of his debt and he will be rich.

Stop acting like it’s normal that mommy and daddy have so much money to spend, you sound like someone I would love to punch in the face

>cars should not even be allowed to be financed
Yeah, this is how I can tell you're retarded. You wouldn't have made it without daddy's money. You should always finance a car because you can use the money you would have put upfront to invest or put into your business. If you can make more than 3-4% per year on that money with said investments, congratulations, you've outpaced the interest rate.

If you can't make more than 3-4% a year, even just on the amount of the loan, then you need to do something different.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why couldn't you just make an outrageous EOY LINK prediction?

Just keep doing balance transfers, never pay the interest jew

>tfw 220k in liquid assets thanks to crypto and weed stocks

Lets also ignore the fact that without finance then the auto industry literally would not exist.

>link $111 by january, cap this
HOLY SHIT ARE YOU SERIOUS WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT

link 111 sats by january, rip

>Seriously why the fuck does the average joe need a credit card?

because its accessible. you can get stuck with no cash or ATM in the middle of a gas station or some place you where you need to buy something

i thought overdraft is illegal

Debit cards work fine for that purpose.
Actually better for using atms.

>his family isn't genetically superior